In-depth debate on all topical issues
Zambo

Re: This forum

Post by Zambo »

Roddy wrote:
Zambo wrote:
subsub wrote:
lasharoo wrote:
subsub wrote:It's a shame so many of them have worryingly closed minds, but they clearly get a kick out of goading others. Not me, though.
Bollocks, you are one of the worst at goading people on here, and you know it.
Oh dear, this is too easy…
lasharoo wrote: Re: NFL
Postby lasharoo » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:25 pm
Oh yeah, lol at the Denver bromos (waves at Subo) :)
I agree with Lash, since Al Growler got binned you are by far the biggest goader on here. Shameful.
:mrgreen:
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

For the record,SubSub is sound.
I released the blob must to my darkest dread

But its mint choc chip which is the ice cream flavour of Satan's spermatozoa

Careful now, you’re being beastly to Leado and this canno he totlerated.

About to get underway at the Berbabeu

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

The End wrote:
Sid Pervcat wrote:
The End wrote:
Sid Pervcat wrote:D&D :lol:

Bellend central
Your rightful home, Sid-o.
I rarely post in here Roquendtree.Your obsession is actually a bit gay.
You always bite.
Stop goading then.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:
Roddy wrote:
Zambo wrote:
subsub wrote:
lasharoo wrote:
subsub wrote:It's a shame so many of them have worryingly closed minds, but they clearly get a kick out of goading others. Not me, though.
I agree with Lash, since Al Growler got binned you are by far the biggest goader on here. Shameful.
*WHOOSH*
Straight over your head…
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sid Pervcat wrote:For the record,SubSub is sound.
But a bit goady. 8)
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Roddy wrote:
Zambo wrote:
subsub wrote:
lasharoo wrote:
*WHOOSH*
Straight over your head…
:box:

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Reg wrote:
But a bit goady. 8)
No

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

subsub wrote:Terrific post, Hillman.
D&D really is just a waste of time - a handful of xenophobic morons bigging each other up and posting hate-filled crap.
It's a shame so many of them have worryingly closed minds, but they clearly get a kick out of goading others. Not me, though. I pity them.
The hypocricy of this post is blinding.You call posters who you disagree with xenophobic morons without posting the evidence, and then you have the audacity to call them out for goading :rolleyes:

I'd say Lash was right on the money, but he missed out snidey.

List the names of these xenophopic morons with one post for each that supports your accusations, and then the snide bit may be removed, but you are still GOTY :D

The End

Post by The End »

Sid Pervcat wrote:
The End wrote:
Sid Pervcat wrote:
The End wrote:
Sid Pervcat wrote:D&D :lol:

Bellend central
Your rightful home, Sid-o.
I rarely post in here Roquendtree.Your obsession is actually a bit gay.
You always bite.
Stop goading then.
Stop biting, then!

Not rocket science, CHAMP.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sid Pervcat wrote:
Reg wrote:
But a bit goady. 8)
No
Yes.

It's one of his more appealing features.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Seems to me things aren't going old Hillman's way and he doesn't like it. :D

The Brexit vote came up Trumps. Trump came up Brexit plus plus and droves of ordinary people have seen through the bullshit propaganda painted by the mainstream media as well as largely rejecting carreer politicians being in charge of doing everythng suit themselves rather than the rest of us.

He doesn't like the fact the pendulum has swung but can't see why. Apparently we should have continued to listen to bent politicians ruling over us with total contempt for democracy, continue to let in millions of cheap workers to crush our standard of living while having no sustainable means to accommodate them , and continued to be fed a false narrative on it all.

It's not just this forum that had become rebellious to the normal order Hillman's idols dictate, it's now a worldwide movement and the ones he claims not to be able to debate with sensibly now hold the majority opinion.

The moral highground claimed by his lot is astonishingly aloof. If we vote (as we have) to reject it they want to ignore us and say our opinions don't count.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

m4rkb wrote:
He doesn't like the fact the pendulum has swung but can't see why. Apparently we should have continued to listen to bent politicians ruling over us with total contempt for democracy, continue to let in millions of cheap workers to crush our standard of living while having no sustainable means to accommodate them , and continued to be fed a false narrative on it all.
It's not just Hillman though, it's all of the lefties on here. One has recently labelled certain posters xenophobic morons for having concerns about the content of the paragraph above from your post

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

On Friday I had to listen to a three Pakistanis all ranting on and on about immigration, how the country had gone to the dogs with it and how any criticism of it wasn't racism but the truth. :D

The left think they own these types of people but recently they are beginning to find out they don't. They're also learning about a few other areas they claimed to own that are slipping away from them as well.

Hillman keeps taking about 'reality' but frankly his version is a head in the clouds version. Proper reality is down on the ground where normal people other than politicians experience it. Right now their votes are rejecting the vision these politicians have and want to get back to waht suited them - like having local jobs that aren't subject to the whole world applying for them and same with housing and other services.

They aren't racist for thinking this just protecting their own communities and understanding THE REALITY that there's a finite amount of people we can support.

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Zambo wrote:
subsub wrote:Terrific post, Hillman.
D&D really is just a waste of time - a handful of xenophobic morons bigging each other up and posting hate-filled crap.
It's a shame so many of them have worryingly closed minds, but they clearly get a kick out of goading others. Not me, though. I pity them.
The hypocricy of this post is blinding.You call posters who you disagree with xenophobic morons without posting the evidence, and then you have the audacity to call them out for goading :rolleyes:

I'd say Lash was right on the money, but he missed out snidey.

List the names of these xenophopic morons with one post for each that supports your accusations, and then the snide bit may be removed, but you are still GOTY :D
He'll just stay quiet as normal when asked to back anything up.
Brilliantly Honest

paolo

Post by paolo »

paolo wrote:
paolo wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
paolo wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
paolo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:That's OK

Cut the abuse
Be constructive
The most laughable post ever

That's what got you into this pickle

Not your opinion or beliefs but your snide nasty trolling bullying crap

You learned nothing

You will refuse to adapt

Your behaviour will repeat

Not everyone agrees with you

Get over it

Reap
I do remember Carlos telling you in May that agreements prior to then were now obsolete and it was a clean slate. Perhaps Carlos you can re-iterate this because we have this ludicrous argument raising it's head yet again. Is paolo getting his knickers in a twist about lessons learnt really adding any value to the forum?
He broke his agreement three weeks in, grass

You supported the agreement between me and hillman
Wrong, I supported no such agreement. It's infantile and your insistence on it's implementation shows what your MO is i.e. to fuck up the forum with your puerile vendettas. Grow up.
kancutlawns wrote:
paolo wrote:ah, sorry lawnsy

the brokered forum peace deals between posters
Ah fair enough. I thought it might be but wasn't sure. :) I agree that it's a way forward and it's good that yourself and Zambo for example have stuck to this. I guess it requires sincerity on the parts of all parties and a discipline to adhere to such a stance. Not the only way but it certainly leads to some kind of peace and if it's extension to other posters leads to more peace all around, then it's a good thing.
:oops:
grass?

Where for art thou, grass ?
Oh mr grass..... where are you mr grass?
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

It would be a great shame if Hillman were to leave the forum, imo. I disagree with 75% of everything he says, but he & I have never had one crossed word. Debate civilly with him and he will extend the same courtesy to you.

I don't understand why every thread has to descend into a shitfest. We are all responsible adults - most of us in middle age.

It is possible to disagree without resorting to abuse. Whenever I follow a thread on here and it has descended into a slanging match, I always think that the instigator has lost his argument.
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
There he goes again - pontificating from what he wants to be percieved as the intellectual high ground but in fact he's just continuing to express his own views and can't understand why they aren't taken as tablets of stone.
He's not the only one who does that though Roy.
Happen as maybe, but most don't threaten to leave unless agreed with unquestioningly.
Perhaps you struggle with English, Roy.
Ironic.
Disagreement is fine, even stimulating.
In some cases if you and some others agreed with me I'd be worried. You are a sort of benchmark for me.
It's abuse and the use of truly farcical notions that buggers it up.

Firstly, Hillman, let me thank you on behalf of the Nation for not leaving this forum.
As always, this is an absolutely brilliant post and we can all learn from it. I particularly admired the way you started off with a bit of abuse and a personal insult toward Roy ( must struggle with English apparently ), then immediately afterwards explained that personal abuse is the one thing you cannot tolerate .
One small query though, when you say " farcical notions", do you mean stuff which you don't agree with ?
So I hope everyone has noted that in future there are to be no farcical notions which contradict Hillman's opinions and no abuse except by Hillman if someone disagrees with him, in which case they will deserve to be called insulting names and have their intellect and sanity questioned by him, which is obviously fair enough because that's proper debate.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Steve Hunt wrote:It would be a great shame if Hillman were to leave the forum, imo. I disagree with 75% of everything he says, but he & I have never had one crossed word. Debate civilly with him and he will extend the same courtesy to you.

I don't understand why every thread has to descend into a shitfest. We are all responsible adults - most of us in middle age.

It is possible to disagree without resorting to abuse. Whenever I follow a thread on here and it has descended into a slanging match, I always think that the instigator has lost his argument.
You may find hillman to be civil Steve, and that is fine, - in my experience, he would rarely respond directly to my posts, preferring instead to regard me in third person, and referring to me disparagingly in replies to others, and he would more often than not ignore any points made to him and/or pretend they never happened. I always try to be polite to other posters, but I will respond when they don't extend the same courtesy.
I'm pleased for you that he has not done this with you, but I hope you will accept that this is not the case for others.
Last edited by Roy Twing on Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
E & OE

paolo

Post by paolo »

Steve Hunt wrote:It would be a great shame if Hillman were to leave the forum, imo. I disagree with 75% of everything he says, but he & I have never had one crossed word. Debate civilly with him and he will extend the same courtesy to you.

there are different ways of trolling and abusing, steve
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Royal24s wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
There he goes again - pontificating from what he wants to be percieved as the intellectual high ground but in fact he's just continuing to express his own views and can't understand why they aren't taken as tablets of stone.
He's not the only one who does that though Roy.
Happen as maybe, but most don't threaten to leave unless agreed with unquestioningly.
Perhaps you struggle with English, Roy.
Ironic.
Disagreement is fine, even stimulating.
In some cases if you and some others agreed with me I'd be worried. You are a sort of benchmark for me.
It's abuse and the use of truly farcical notions that buggers it up.

Firstly, Hillman, let me thank you on behalf of the Nation for not leaving this forum.
As always, this is an absolutely brilliant post and we can all learn from it. I particularly admired the way you started off with a bit of abuse and a personal insult toward Roy ( must struggle with English apparently ), then immediately afterwards explained that personal abuse is the one thing you cannot tolerate .
One small query though, when you say " farcical notions", do you mean stuff which you don't agree with ?
So I hope everyone has noted that in future there are to be no farcical notions which contradict Hillman's opinions and no abuse except by Hillman if someone disagrees with him, in which case they will deserve to be called insulting names and have their intellect and sanity questioned by him, which is obviously fair enough because that's proper debate.
Royals, whilst we both disagree with Hillman 99% of the time, you are the last person to be criticising him, because your attitude on here is more or less exactly the same as his. In fact I reckon you climbed Mount Sinai together and met The Lord. Either that or you are both descendants of Gershom and Eliezer :D

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Eight pages of SHIT
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

paolo

Post by paolo »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Eight pages of SHIT
nine
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Indeed. If people want to adhere to agreements that is their prerogative. If they don't and break some socalled agreement, again, that is their prerogative.

And paolo, going on and on and on about it is tiresome.

There has been too much cunting of other posters in this section and this is not 'Pandemonium'. This is an adult forum, one hopes, but FFS try to converse in an adult disposition. It really ain't hard. Debate the post, not the poster in this thread.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Why not refer to one another in third person if people aren't on good terms with each other. It seems like a way that ought to be have been used way before now. In fact if we all didn't have user names and just posts we would be doing that anyway if one thinks about it. I think that would be acceptable and if people are mardying then tough.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Carlos J wrote:Indeed. If people want to adhere to agreements that is their prerogative. If they don't and break some socalled agreement, again, that is their prerogative.

And paolo, going on and on and on about it is tiresome.

There has been too much cunting of other posters in this section and this is not 'Pandemonium'. This is an adult forum, one hopes, but FFS try to converse in an adult disposition. It really ain't hard. Debate the post, not the poster in this thread.
on most occasions, you will see the input of grasscutlawns

i tried with the deal

worked with two that were head to head

if both play ball, it works

one simply couldn't help himself

one trolls in his own way, another is more blunt with the rebuttal

cool with that

may it carry one

may you place it on record, i tried, i repeatedly tried, it was refused

clean slate from this point forward

no replies from me to him

my repostes will only ever be reaction, not action