Friday I'm in love (with war again)...

In-depth debate on all topical issues
carcinogen

Friday I'm in love (with war again)...

Post by carcinogen »

Parliament will be recalled on Friday to debate the UK's potential role in air strikes against Islamic State in Iraq. FFS. Words fail me.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Friday I'm in love (with war again)...

Post by Basualdo »

Dont panic, all we've got left of an airforce is 4 kites, a Ryanair voucher (expired Jan 2011)and an Airfix 1:16 Messerschmidt 109E from the 70s donated by James May.
The only way ISIS wil receive any of our bombs is if they come and collect them here in person in London. And lets face it, thats not a very long trip at all for most of them.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Basualdo wrote:Dont panic, all we've got left of an airforce is 4 kites, a Ryanair voucher (expired Jan 2011)and an Airfix 1:16 Messerschmidt 109E from the 70s donated by James May.
The only way ISIS wil receive any of our bombs is if they come and collect them here in person in London. And lets face it, thats not a very long trip at all for most of them.
Elstree studios?
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

lv

Post by lv »

we are not wanted there

let them murder each other, kill, rape torture women and children and in about a decade they will no longer be able to say it is the fault of the west

Feels like intervening in a guy twatting his wife and then they both turn on you, morally repugnant but some people just don't give a fuck. I ain't there to educate them, especially at the end of a gun

Hence why i just walk on by these days and think fuck em, if that's what they are willing to put up with................
"If there's anything more important than my ego around here, I want it caught and shot now."

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

carcinogen wrote:Parliament will be recalled on Friday to debate the UK's potential role in air strikes against Islamic State in Iraq. FFS. Words fail me.
If only
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Sadact7 wrote:
carcinogen wrote:Parliament will be recalled on Friday to debate the UK's potential role in air strikes against Islamic State in Iraq. FFS. Words fail me.
If only

"Cameron urges world to confront 'evil' IS ..."

Yes, let's use the word 'evil' to describe IS... WHAT A FUCKING IDIOT.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

If only Cameron had the cajoled to say "this is all the fault of the west....Saddam posed zero threat to us yet we proceeded to bomb the fuck out of Iraq, making it possible for ISIS to flourish there.....ISIS would have been choked at birth by Saddam if we had left that country alone, don't worry about that...."

But no.....all we'll get is how evil and barbaric the new bogeymen are and we shall proceed to bomb the fuck out of anything that moves using that most civilised of weapons, the cluster bomb.

And God help any innocent fucker who gets in our way.

ISIS will be defeated and in a decade's time Parliament will be recalled again to rubber stamp bombing the fuck out of whatever group arises from the ashes.

Which all feeds into my theory that all these turkey shoots we have seen from the western powers since the first Gulf War are commenced on behalf of the arms industry to show what their ordnance is capable off and it suits the military because they can deplete their old stocks and get brand spanking new weapons of mass destruction with which to bomb Mr. and Mrs. Ali Baba into the Stone Age.

War.....what is it good for?

It's good for business.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

ollie

Post by ollie »

I would have to say in all honesty that this so-called Islamic Non-state pig-disease shall have to be eradicated one way or the other even if it takes 10 years. We cannot stand by whilst we are fed endless news feeds about beheadings, crucifixions, rape and pillage of innocent women (and probably very young girls), stonings to death, massacres, irrespective of your creed, colour, nationality, Sunni or Shia, possible genocide of all non-Muslims - the list is endless.

I shall put this in a nutshell, I have over the past 10 years worked in nearly every Middle East country except Bahrain. I worked in Oman for two years - a truly wonderful, peaceful country. In fact I finished a recent contract in Saudi Arabia in June. I have worked and lived amongst Muslims also in Libya and Equatorial Guinea and I can tell you for a fact about 95 - 97% of these people are peace-loving, very friendly, gentle people. It is a tiny majority that are using Islam as some kind of divine excuse, some righteous vindication for their actions but this is of course just zealous imagination gone terribly wrong.

I am just waiting on, for what I fear, shall be another 9/11 and it could happen any time, in any major city in the world, even on our doorstep. Beware folks . . . we need to take action! I am not a fan of Obama or Cameron but I feel they are taking the correct action.
I get my kicks above the waistline, Sunshine - sometimes;-)

andyrich666

Post by andyrich666 »

ollie wrote: I am just waiting on, for what I fear, shall be another 9/11 and it could happen any time, in any major city in the world, even on our doorstep.
So am I, I crave it, so boring the MH370 and MH17, its just fizzled out and forgotten , need some excitement to liven up the news.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Make up your mind, you've been banging an about how evil ISIS are for months.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Kowalski wrote:
Shit? Really? I thought I was just flagging the issue. I have no agenda. Apols.

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Kowalski wrote:

:lol:
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

cahill

Post by cahill »

Can anybody offer an explanation of why we had to bomb Libya ? Country is a basket case now riven with divisions and breeding ground for Radical Islamists. A route of entry for thousands of Africans now terrorising families and truck drivers in Calais and causing mayhem on the streets of Calais. Tons of weapons that fell into the arms of Islamic groups in Algeria and Mali bringing misery to that country. WHY the fuck did Sarkozy and Cameron reduce Libya to this ?

How has it served the Neo-Con agenda ?

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

cahill wrote:Can anybody offer an explanation of why we had to bomb Libya ? Country is a basket case now riven with divisions and breeding ground for Radical Islamists. A route of entry for thousands of Africans now terrorising families and truck drivers in Calais and causing mayhem on the streets of Calais. Tons of weapons that fell into the arms of Islamic groups in Algeria and Mali bringing misery to that country. WHY the fuck did Sarkozy and Cameron reduce Libya to this ?

Then we wonder why British and Fench people are having their heads chopped off by the fanatics of ISIS.

English and French foreign policy since the Crusades and American foreign policy thus past century has created these people.

We have slaughtered their innocents by the thousands.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Muslims have been killing each other for centuries too Pet.

Sunnies and Shias just don't seem to get on.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

And Christian has been killing Christian for even longer, Kow.

paolo

Post by paolo »

it was inevitable the moment barry was refused by the rest of the world and stated he would bypass congress

all of a sudden we have this new creation, isis.

Now a few heads roll and usa and it's brothers in arms now have the legitimacy to officially invade syria, they have been doing it unoffically for a long time now.

This shit is so transparent, and still people believe it....
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

But the rolling heads are real :!:
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

paolo

Post by paolo »

how many rolling heads have their been?

and we're in this for the forseeable?

how many dead palestinians in the recent genocide?

same for libyans

syrians in brit funded mass murder?

ukranians and russians in US funded mass murder?

iraqi's

afghanistani's?

should we tally up and compare?

can't you see this?
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Just change Russia to Syria (tho, there is trouble in Russia too). :mrgreen:

phpBB [video]

reg thorpe

Post by reg thorpe »

cahill wrote:Can anybody offer an explanation of why we had to bomb Libya ? Country is a basket case now riven with divisions and breeding ground for Radical Islamists. A route of entry for thousands of Africans now terrorising families and truck drivers in Calais and causing mayhem on the streets of Calais. Tons of weapons that fell into the arms of Islamic groups in Algeria and Mali bringing misery to that country. WHY the fuck did Sarkozy and Cameron reduce Libya to this ?

Because contrary to the view that there is some sort of global elite controlling all these events like some evil chess grand master, we are, in fact, being led by fuckwits.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

reg thorpe wrote:

Because contrary to the view that there is some sort of global elite controlling all these events like some evil chess grand master, we are, in fact, being led by fuckwits.
Yep, I'd go with that. Any conspiracies are mainly to cover up gross incompetence or corruption rather than some overarching grand scheme.

The most disappointing thing about the Illuminati is how shit they are at it.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

reg thorpe wrote:

Nope.....there is indeed a "global elite" behind all of this.

That they are also "fuckwits" is what makes it all the more dangerous.

In the immortal words of Viscount Falkland three or four hundred years ago......"when it is not necessary to change something, it is necessary not to change it".

This present fiasco is a direct result of the neo-con Project for the New American Century being allowed to bully the world into supporting it's totally unnecessary dismantling of Saddam's Iraq.

It looked like fucking madness at the time and it looks like madness squared as the years go by.

paolo

Post by paolo »

correct, old pet
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

ollie

Post by ollie »

Seems to me that some forumers are slightly off the squidge. Scenario. We are stood at the taxi rank just outside York railway station. Suddenly, someone who looks like a crazed young man, with balaclava, runs towards us, with a so-called ISIS flag wrapped around his body and pulls the cord . . . BOOM!!

Widespread death and destruction! Blood, body parts everywhere, screaming, sheer hell!

So, forumers, we just debate it on the newspapers, oh..... shock ...... such tragedy.

But what do we do?

Come back to this thread and state vehemently 'Bomb the Bastards' - too late folks. Should have listened to Ollie!!
I get my kicks above the waistline, Sunshine - sometimes;-)