Corbyn

In-depth debate on all topical issues
m4 colin

Re: Corbyn

Post by m4 colin »

Royal24s wrote:Is it true that he's called Hillman up to the shadow cabinet ?
I know he's asked my gardener, but he refused.
:lol:
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Roy Twing wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:Looking increasingly like he's prepared to destroy the party on the altar of his own vanity.
Labour core voters want him to remain, - maybe the PLP should sack themselves and form a new party (maybe call themselves the 'all that matters is winning an election' party).
Labour members want him to stay not Labour voters. He should go. He's not providing any opposition to the government & is just clinging on for the sake of it. It's not about policy but basic competence.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Well, maybe you mean potential labour voters, since you don't know that they're labour voters till they do so unless they're labour members.
Can't see that you can sack Corby on the basis of guesswork about the future voting habits of a completely unknown set of people over the wishes of actual members.
That's just self seeking entitled MPs trying to justify over ruling the will of the people and force themselves on the labour membership against their will.
I actually don't think any of these back stabbing opportunists are likely to attract new voters away from their current opinions.
Of course, I don't care if they tear their whole party to bits in their hubris fest, but that's my objective view.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

This may explain why the Blairites are so desperate to get rid of Corbyn:

Jeremy Corbyn 'still prepared to call for Tony Blair war crimes investigation':

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 42926.html
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

It's only a week until the Chilcott report's released as well so the timing of the no confidence vote is pretty decisive. Corbyn's holding on for personal vanity and to give a smack in the eye to the Blairites. art of me agrees with this, the other part makes me think he's a dinosaur with no interest in the party and needs kicking out somehow. This really makes Labour look stupid and inept and there really needs to be about 50 votes for an alternative candidate which they haven't got. He knows the legal side of Labour party membership so can't fault him on that.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Steve Hunt wrote:This may explain why the Blairites are so desperate to get rid of Corbyn:

Jeremy Corbyn 'still prepared to call for Tony Blair war crimes investigation':

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 42926.html
It's the prospect of snap general election that's brought this about. Jeremy Corbyn has spent years calling Tony Blair a war criminal in front of crowds of SWP supporters.

There are people who loathe Blair resigning & asking him to stand down.

reg thorpe

Post by reg thorpe »

After getting a good kicking from what should be their core voters in the General Election and the referendum, the Labour party needs to realise that it's the message that needs changing and not the messenger.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

reg thorpe wrote:After getting a good kicking from what should be their core voters in the General Election and the referendum, the Labour party needs to realise that it's the message that needs changing and not the messenger.
They've changed the message to one that's even more out of touch. They need someone who's not on the fringe left or an unthinking Tony Blair fanboy/girl.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

The Labour party is currently cannibalising itself.

Imagine if the rank and file once again overwhelmingly vote for Corbin to lead the party at the up coming leadership election.
A joyless arsehole

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

The SWP are organising another Save Jezza rally for later today. How many times does the cunt need to be told how great he is by the same couple of thousand tosspots? And what kind of twat wants to spend their evening stood listening to that dreary cunt? Boggles the fucking mind

He reminds me of the kind of person who, having been justly ignored all his life, has managed to run up a Facebook following from somewhere, and has become so addicted to Likes it would be easier to get him off smack. No way is he going to delete his account any time soon.
'I say if the flats aren't good enough for you, why don't you f... off back to Somalia' .........Jon Gaunt

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

He looks like a fucking tramp
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:He looks like a fucking tramp
If he walked into a soup kitchen, you'd think he was there for the fucking soup.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

It was Jezza's fault says Dave. Not sure why he's calling for him to go though. :?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eader.html

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

shabbado wrote:The Labour party is currently cannibalising itself.

Imagine if the rank and file once again overwhelmingly vote for Corbin to lead the party at the up coming leadership election.
It's going to happen, obviously. Makes them look collectively stupid.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

An attempted coup against the democratically elected leader of Labour.

If this happens, and Corbyn is blocked from re-standing, Labour will lose a lot of votes anyhow. The PLP have been out to get him since he was first elected. Forming a nexus with the Tories and the media, they are attempting to slence anyone who doesn't follow them.

So in a way, I don't mind a Brexit vote as it does expose the establishment as an undemocratic cabal.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

I'm usually a pessimist but I didn't see it going this badly wrong. I thought Corbyn would have 2/3 years to prove himself. The thing that's changed is there's going to be a General Election much sooner than 2020.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

The Tick wrote:An attempted coup against the democratically elected leader of Labour.

If this happens, and Corbyn is blocked from re-standing, Labour will lose a lot of votes anyhow. The PLP have been out to get him since he was first elected. Forming a nexus with the Tories and the media, they are attempting to slence anyone who doesn't follow them.

So in a way, I don't mind a Brexit vote as it does expose the establishment as an undemocratic cabal.
The Hard Left have taken control of the Labour Party and they're not going to relinquish it without the mother of all fights.

I can't see how the Party doesn't split whoever wins a new election.
'I say if the flats aren't good enough for you, why don't you f... off back to Somalia' .........Jon Gaunt

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Ralph wrote:I'm usually a pessimist but I didn't see it going this badly wrong. I thought Corbyn would have 2/3 years to prove himself. The thing that's changed is there's going to be a General Election much sooner than 2020.
Wouldn't count on there being a General Election soon. Noises coming from prominent Tories is that they'll be remaining in charge until 2020.
A joyless arsehole

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

The Tick wrote: So in a way, I don't mind a Brexit vote as it does expose the establishment as an undemocratic cabal.
Ain't that the truth.
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Corbyn would win another leadership race. Labour are an utter mess, but nationally and regionally in Scotland, maybe they are solid in Wales?
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Tom Watson looks like the Moose
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Then he gets my vote
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Can I point out to anyone still insisting the EU is a cesspit of "no democracy"..

What we are facing is the leader of this country being chosen by his/her own party, without reference to the electorate..and then he/she picks the ministers as he/she wishes.

And this is the paragon of democracy we uphold..
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:Can I point out to anyone still insisting the EU is a cesspit of "no democracy"..

What we are facing is the leader of this country being chosen by his/her own party, without reference to the electorate..and then he/she picks the ministers as he/she wishes.

One small point on that Hillman, the ministers are MPs elected by the people.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Hillman avenger wrote:Can I point out to anyone still insisting the EU is a cesspit of "no democracy"..

Sounds fine to me.