Multiculturalism - part 3

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Roy Twing

Re: Multiculturalism - part 3

Post by Roy Twing »

m4rkb wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:The destruction of britain continues unabated:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... names.html
I'll say in their favour, at least they pick traditional names for their kids. Some of the names our lot are giving their kids are plain stupid and destined to make them look stupid in adulthood.
Naff as all too many ‘trendy’ western names might be, the apparent fact that certain ‘cultures’ don’t adopt more local names (from the host country) occasionally, just serves to further confirm the lack of integration/cohesion that multiculturalism is causing – ie, the ongoing destruction of britain as we knew it.
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

It is certain cultures yes, so point taken for sure.

Lots of the Indians I know are called things like Dave, Jim, Mick and Bob.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

MJInnocent

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

m4rkb wrote:It is certain cultures yes, so point taken for sure.

Yup, because their descendants worked on plantations in the US as slaves where their original names were removed so their identities where stripped off them and they had to adopt the names of their masters' choosing. This probably explains why they have these names.

What Roy is suggesting is people coming here from the subcontinent, ignoring their heritage, traditions and religious practices to have indigenous names and if that happened, he'd be sneering at them for "selling out" and would have the same irrational contempt for them anyway.

Anyway m4rk, does their name really matter? Wouldn't it be boring if every cunt was called Dave, Bob, Jim and Mike?
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

woo-hoo!! Leader's posted another link! His brain's in overdrive again.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Actually these people didn't grow up on plantations. Your seem to be getting mixed up with Kunta Kinte old son.

As far as I know they do it as they feel more British. Certainly the ones I had in mind anyway.

Jaswinder = Jim
Davinda = Dave etc

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

m4rkb wrote:Actually these people didn't grow up on plantations. Your seem to be getting mixed up with Kunta Kinte old son.

As far as I know they do it as they feel more British. Certainly the ones I had in mind anyway.

Jaswinder = Jim
Davinda = Dave etc
Ah OK. I've found over the years that younger British Sikhs tend to anglicise their traditional names much like you've indicated. Probably because a lot are into business and it's a good form of self promotion. I think with Muslims, they're expected to not use nicknames or alter their names.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Muslims tend to have their names based on religion so it's doubtful they would change them.

Abdul for instance I think means slave and Abdullah slave to God.

A good fucking job Kunta Kinte wasn't called Abdul then ennit or all hell would have broke loose. :D

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

:lol:

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

m4rkb wrote:Muslims tend to have their names based on religion so it's doubtful they would change them.

Abdul for instance I think means slave and Abdullah slave to God.

A good fucking job Kunta Kinte wasn't called Abdul then ennit or all hell would have broke loose. :D

Is it true that trolls are named after gardening tasks ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote:
Yup, because their descendants worked on plantations in the US as slaves where their original names were removed so their identities where stripped off them and they had to adopt the names of their masters' choosing. This probably explains why they have these names.
What Roy is suggesting is people coming here from the subcontinent, ignoring their heritage, traditions and religious practices to have indigenous names and if that happened, he'd be sneering at them for "selling out" and would have the same irrational contempt for them anyway.
Anyway m4rk, does their name really matter? Wouldn't it be boring if every cunt was called Dave, Bob, Jim and Mike?
kancutlawns wrote:
m4rkb wrote:Actually these people didn't grow up on plantations. Your seem to be getting mixed up with Kunta Kinte old son.
Jaswinder = Jim
Davinda = Dave etc
Ah OK. I've found over the years that younger British Sikhs tend to anglicise their traditional names much like you've indicated. Probably because a lot are into business and it's a good form of self promotion. I think with Muslims, they're expected to not use nicknames or alter their names.
I'm with m4rk on this based on some of the Indian's I know. A lot of these are still Indian citizens and live in India. But they are Christians and tend to have anglicised and sometimes religious names. Mary, Matthew, Monica, Harold, George, Grace are all names I know.

I know no British Sikh's who have anglicised their name though they shorten them. My old mate Sarb is properly Sarbjit. And Muslim's do shorten their names, dear old Waseem is always Was. And he is a practising Muslim.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Carlos J wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
Jaswinder = Jim
Davinda = Dave etc
I'm with m4rk on this based on some of the Indian's I know. A lot of these are still Indian citizens and live in India. But they are Christians and tend to have anglicised and sometimes religious names. Mary, Matthew, Monica, Harold, George, Grace are all names I know.

I know no British Sikh's who have anglicised their name though they shorten them. My old mate Sarb is properly Sarbjit. And Muslim's do shorten their names, dear old Waseem is always Was. And he is a practising Muslim.
I've experienced a number of Sikhs with whom I've worked and played football in the past who have English first names, same with women. Some Muslims of the Deobandi strand prohibit the shortening of names although you're right that shortening names is more commonplace.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

No worries, kancut, was only basing on personal knowledge, and yeah, err have heard callers on TS who have anglicised their names.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

No probs Carlos, tend to have quite a cosmopolitan and mixed community is these parts as you may have seen Roy allude to in colourful and affectionate terms. :)

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Whilst discussing Indian and Pakistani names. I've always noticed to my untrained eyes that the Indian football team throughout the years tended to have Portuguese sounding names or look more Nepalese in origin - I ken the Portuguese were there at one point - but is football a 'Christian game' in India?

Some names from their wiki

Eugenson Lyngdoh, Keegan Pereira, Rino Anto, Alwyn George, Rowlin Borges, but not to be too biased there is a Mohammed Rafique in there too ;)

I'm guessing no one plays it, but still what that huge population, and the links to Britain, and their confederation you would think that they would at least qualify for the first round AFC qualifying, but they tend to go out early on. Even Bhutan made the first round and not too long ago they were the worst ranked team.

Oops, gone into the football a bit more than planned but I´d be fascinated if anyone knows more.

I dont know too many Indians or Pakistanis, but a few and I know a Jock in there ;) The couple of Chinese people I know have all anglicized their names too - George, John, and nope unfortuantely not Paul or Ringo, but Mike, Mike :D
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Carlos J wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
Jaswinder = Jim
Davinda = Dave etc

They might be Goans which is a Catholic region of India because it was colonised by the Portugese.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Kow. They are prods, Church of India, from Bangalore and Tamil Christians, hence time spent in Bangalore and Tamil Nadu. Even my charms could only get so far with some, as they would say they wanted to marry some good Christian Indian guy. Yeah right. :roll: Not yours truly depsite their fantastic sexual development. :( :?

Actually, had a better overall success record with wayward Muslim girls, longevity of relationships certainly. Always the brown nipples and lab lips. :P

Give a couple of weeks and back on chess duty. :)

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote:No probs Carlos, tend to have quite a cosmopolitan and mixed community is these parts as you may have seen Roy allude to in colourful and affectionate terms. :)
Indeed, kancut. :) Though my knowledge is equally based on my previous city and still much visited Nottingham, plus friends in that London and here. Please don't say, like others have nearly commented, I am going to be like Hillman err blackballed from commenting on race as living in the wonders of East Angular? :(

Which though if you do not believe IS are around every corner should be err the Roy's 'indigenous populations' worry, Johnny EU. From the east they roam and settle and breed and send our child benefits home. From Iberia, they come to pluck and fuck turkeys for dead old Bernie, and roam and settle and breed and send child benefits home. :roll: :roll:

Then ye go to Wetherspoons 'Troll Cart' ha, in shitty Yarmouth and 'The Bell' in Partridgeland and see and hear the socalled displaced white working class moaning and aleing from opening time. Both though are amusing and 'The Bell' is a fine pub for an outside beer.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kevin04 wrote:Whilst discussing Indian and Pakistani names. I've always noticed to my untrained eyes that the Indian football team throughout the years tended to have Portuguese sounding names or look more Nepalese in origin - I ken the Portuguese were there at one point - but is football a 'Christian game' in India?
Eugenson Lyngdoh, Keegan Pereira, Rino Anto, Alwyn George, Rowlin Borges, but not to be too biased there is a Mohammed Rafique in there too ;)
I'm guessing no one plays it, but still what that huge population, and the links to Britain, and their confederation you would think that they would at least qualify for the first round AFC qualifying, but they tend to go out early on. Even Bhutan made the first round and not too long ago they were the worst ranked team.
Oops, gone into the football a bit more than planned but I´d be fascinated if anyone knows more.
I dont know too many Indians or Pakistanis, but a few and I know a Jock in there ;) The couple of Chinese people I know have all anglicized their names too - George, John, and nope unfortuantely not Paul or Ringo, but Mike, Mike :D
Old Yousuf Youhana was a rare non-Muslim cricketer to play for Pakistan, and the only one to captain them. He converted in 2005.

The Indian football team is still a horror story, Kev, and the main reason I know is that still not enough people play it or care for it. The Indian leagues full of old pros and new guys, but who goes to watch? Fuck sake if you've got Peter 'Reidy' Reid coaching your team, it's a non starter. :roll:

Cricket rules, saw it plenty in fields, sadly not got down to show the great attacking strokes I was known for. :( But never the sense of some commenters, that it is the be all and end all. It can be, but even IPL can drain as well.

Watched with my dearest girls father some err Ranji Trophy games on telly and was like county cricket, fuck all there. And lo, I remembered I had talked about this before. Sorry, more on Indian politics, but hey: https://www.talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 87#p846948

A spot on guy:
Carlos J wrote:
theleader82 wrote:Africa needs to forget what has happened in the past and look to the future. Countries like. India were colonised but it is booming now it's independent .
Cue a stock photo of lip plated Africans to emphasise your point, Leader. :roll:
You are aware that India is a total shithole of corruption from local Govt. upwards? Not a place to emigrate to, Oz better for lingo and tucker. :roll:

My dearest's father, the wisest person I've ever met, we sat between watching local cricket, watching local and national news and it was corruption, corruption, corruption. :(

A working man made good, we sat on the roof of his house drinking and chatting, hills a beautiful border in deepest Tamil Nadu yet a hundred metres away families were one to a room. And that's avoiding the shanties in cities. Dusky maiden central though, bewtiful Mike. :P

A rare and rebel cove and fuck BRIC and space one upmanship over Pakistan. He thought India would better
under the Raj/Brits still. Many do apparently. Yes there were many issues, historically noted, but his argument was that things got sorted, local and national but things got done. Now all is who pays the most coin and doesn't get caught.

God speed Leader when you leave this countries coast.
And this man, despite a nice house and successful children who have moved away still believes that in India, it is corrupt from top to bottom. And would be better under Blighty. A lot do.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-37315684
A 100 year old lady has been mugged outside her home in Tottenham
MJInnocent

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

I really dared think that the madness that has gripped the establishment regarding all things politically correct might be waning slightly in recent months, what with various proclamations that multiculturalism/mass immigration has not been a great success, but a couple of snippets in the news today just showed be how wrong I was.
The government is considering relaxing rules regarding faith schools (which of course is all about muslims), and is also - staggeringly - considering allowing muslim policewomen to wear the full face mask.
I do despair.
E & OE

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

You wanted May as she's the Brexit PM. So what are you whining about? Never happy are you? Quite laughable isn't that a government which has veered further to the right then even in Thatcher's time has a leader that has relaxed rules governing faith schools. :lol: :lol: :lol: You have to laugh.

Roy, are you thinking about emigrating after this latest fiasco?

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Roy Twing wrote:I really dared think that the madness that has gripped the establishment regarding all things politically correct might be waning slightly in recent months, what with various proclamations that multiculturalism/mass immigration has not been a great success, but a couple of snippets in the news today just showed be how wrong I was.
The government is considering relaxing rules regarding faith schools (which of course is all about muslims), and is also - staggeringly - considering allowing muslim policewomen to wear the full face mask.
I do despair.
Having observed a new wave of straight thinking right wingers coming through denouncing liberal stupidity I was in hope of the same change of face myself.

But instead of common sense dawning on people and saying "Right let's stop pretending any of this was a success" what we'll most likely get instead is a new wave of even more blinkered and intransigent liberals with their heads buried in the sand even further down than they were before.

All these Gender Studies graduates together with all the other meaningless social worker courses only have one area in which to find a job. Local authorities and associated state jobs.

Listening to the rubbish they come out with, do not be surprised to see it get even worse. It would be interesting (make that traumatic) to actually see what qualifications are required in the recruitment departments of the Police.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Carlos J wrote:
kevin04 wrote:Whilst discussing Indian and Pakistani names. I've always noticed to my untrained eyes that the Indian football team throughout the years tended to have Portuguese sounding names or look more Nepalese in origin - I ken the Portuguese were there at one point - but is football a 'Christian game' in India?
Old Yousuf Youhana was a rare non-Muslim cricketer to play for Pakistan, and the only one to captain them. He converted in 2005.

The Indian football team is still a horror story, Kev, and the main reason I know is that still not enough people play it or care for it. The Indian leagues full of old pros and new guys, but who goes to watch? Fuck sake if you've got Peter 'Reidy' Reid coaching your team, it's a non starter. :roll:

Cricket rules, saw it plenty in fields, sadly not got down to show the great attacking strokes I was known for. :( But never the sense of some commenters, that it is the be all and end all. It can be, but even IPL can drain as well.

Watched with my dearest girls father some err Ranji Trophy games on telly and was like county cricket, fuck all there. And lo, I remembered I had talked about this before. Sorry, more on Indian politics, but hey: https://www.talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 87#p846948

A spot on guy:
Carlos J wrote:
theleader82 wrote:Africa needs to forget what has happened in the past and look to the future. Countries like. India were colonised but it is booming now it's independent .
Cue a stock photo of lip plated Africans to emphasise your point, Leader. :roll:
You are aware that India is a total shithole of corruption from local Govt. upwards? Not a place to emigrate to, Oz better for lingo and tucker. :roll:

My dearest's father, the wisest person I've ever met, we sat between watching local cricket, watching local and national news and it was corruption, corruption, corruption. :(

A working man made good, we sat on the roof of his house drinking and chatting, hills a beautiful border in deepest Tamil Nadu yet a hundred metres away families were one to a room. And that's avoiding the shanties in cities. Dusky maiden central though, bewtiful Mike. :P

A rare and rebel cove and fuck BRIC and space one upmanship over Pakistan. He thought India would better
under the Raj/Brits still. Many do apparently. Yes there were many issues, historically noted, but his argument was that things got sorted, local and national but things got done. Now all is who pays the most coin and doesn't get caught.

God speed Leader when you leave this countries coast.
And this man, despite a nice house and successful children who have moved away still believes that in India, it is corrupt from top to bottom. And would be better under Blighty. A lot do.
Cheers, Carlos. Very interesting.

How is dearest? Did you have an Anglo-Indian girlfriend.

I'd love to go one day but more to the north and in to Bhutan and Nepal.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

She's fine and dandy, Kevin, still good friends. Have had Anglo-Indian, Anglo-Pakistani and Anglo-Iranian girlfriends amongst others. :P Hope you make it there, Kevin, fantastic place, though only saw a tiny fraction of it.