The rise of UKIP - part 3

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Darkyboy

Re: The rise of UKIP - part 3

Post by Darkyboy »

The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:Steven Woolfe who announced yesterday he was standing for leader is punched at a meeting of UKIP MEP's, collapses and is rushed to hospital.Condition described as serious.
Darkyboy will claim that the attacker is another nasty leftie.
Wrong again Tick (you must be used to that though). The person responsible should be expelled from the party and prosecuted if at all possible.
Guess the evidence was too overwhelming for you to be able to put your unique spin on it this time. :D
No, the evidence is that it was a member of UKip. The evidence for the person spitting at Diane James, is that it was a left-wing scumbag. It's quite simple Tick, even for someone with your blinkered vision.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:What a day for UKIP.

Neil Hamilton seriously proposed as a new leader, then Nuttall. An embarrassment of riches, indeed.
Yep. Still, no worse than Labour though is it?
Incredibly, yes.
Yes, but UKip aren't the main opposition party are they? UKip has it's fair share of dickheads, but you would expect that from a newish party. What is Labour's excuse for the threats and violence in their party?
What violent incident in the Labour party are you referring to? The last one I heard of was old Prescott back in 2001.
Well, obviously you didn't read about the threats made to Angela Eagle and the attack on her office. I know you blame the MSM for their portayal of Labour's woes, so I'll help you out with the article in the Liverpool Echo:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv ... e-11601968
Unless it was a Labour MP that put the brick through the window it's not really comparable.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

I only mentioned one case Ralph. I'm not saying that the incidents are comparable. But, there have been all sorts of threats made by the far-left as you know. For some reason Tick did not seem aware of them.

PG30

Post by PG30 »

As someone pointed out in Twitter

Just to confirm: UKIP's Stephen Woolfe is receiving free healthcare in France due to him being an EU citizen.

kooster

Post by kooster »

Well at least they have a bit of passion, can't fault that.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Darkyboy wrote:I only mentioned one case Ralph. I'm not saying that the incidents are comparable. But, there have been all sorts of threats made by the far-left as you know. For some reason Tick did not seem aware of them.
The comparison made between Labour and UKIP here was based on incidents of physical violence. You have not come up with any real account where a Labour MP or party member has assaulted anyone.

I'll give you another shot.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:Steven Woolfe who announced yesterday he was standing for leader is punched at a meeting of UKIP MEP's, collapses and is rushed to hospital.Condition described as serious.
Wrong again Tick (you must be used to that though). The person responsible should be expelled from the party and prosecuted if at all possible.
Guess the evidence was too overwhelming for you to be able to put your unique spin on it this time. :D
No, the evidence is that it was a member of UKip. The evidence for the person spitting at Diane James, is that it was a left-wing scumbag. It's quite simple Tick, even for someone with your blinkered vision.
The "evidence" is that she was spat at by someone who the media accuses of being left wing.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:I only mentioned one case Ralph. I'm not saying that the incidents are comparable. But, there have been all sorts of threats made by the far-left as you know. For some reason Tick did not seem aware of them.
The comparison made between Labour and UKIP here was based on incidents of physical violence. You have not come up with any real account where a Labour MP or party member has assaulted anyone.

No Tick I said violence. I did not say physical violence. If you don't call attacking an MP's office an act of violence, then I wonder where you draw the line. Then again we know you condone violence, if it fits in with your loathsome views.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:

No Tick I said violence. I did not say physical violence. If you don't call attacking an MP's office an act of violence, then I wonder where you draw the line. Then again we know you condone violence, if it fits in with your loathsome views.
It wasn't a Labour politician/member who did that (in fact, nobody knows who did it), so the article does not support your argument.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
The "evidence" is that she was spat at by someone who the media accuses of being left wing.
Ah, the MSM again. Just because it is not reported in the Guardian, does not mean it did not happen. If people in Labour encourage intimidation against people in their own party, it's not surprising if some supporters take it further is it?

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Ah, the MSM again. Just because it is not reported in the Guardian, does not mean it did not happen. If people in Labour encourage intimidation against people in their own party, it's not surprising if some supporters take it further is it?
The papers only verified that she was spat on, the ideological affiliation of the assailant left only to speculation.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:

It wasn't a Labour politician/member who did that (in fact, nobody knows who did it), so the article does not support your argument.
How do you know it wasn't a Labour member? Were you there?

Right, so all the calls made to her office making threats and the fact that the attack happened immediately after her leadership bid was announced is a coincidence?

A direct quote from Angela Eagle concerning the attack:

"They are being carried out in his name and he needs to get control of people supporting him and make certain that this behaviour stops and stops now.

“It is bullying. It has absolutely no place in politics in the UK and it needs to end.”

The "him" she is referring to is Jeremy Corbyn, just in case you are wondering. In other words, the article in the Echo (not the MSM you despise so much) perfectly supports what I am saying.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
The papers only verified that she was spat on, the ideological affiliation of the assailant left only to speculation.
Right. So she perceived it to be someone left-wing because of the insults used, but it was not someone left-wing.

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

PG30 wrote:As someone pointed out in Twitter

Just to confirm: UKIP's Stephen Woolfe is receiving free healthcare in France due to him being an EU citizen.
Brits out!
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:

How do you know it wasn't a Labour member? Were you there?
Unless it is proved as such, you cannot say with any authority that a Labour member did it.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Darkyboy wrote:Right. So she perceived it to be someone left-wing because of the insults used, but it was not someone left-wing.
All we have to go on is that she was spat on. The identity and political affiliation of the assailant remains unknown.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

PG30 wrote:As someone pointed out in Twitter

Well if we weren't in the EU, he wouldn't have been in Strasbourg in the first place. :roll:

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I think it's obvious that Tyson Fury has reinforced his leadership bid for UKIP today.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:Right. So she perceived it to be someone left-wing because of the insults used, but it was not someone left-wing.
All we have to go on is that she was spat on. The identity and political affiliation of the assailant remains unknown.

The same as Jo Cox's attacker. Did they shout "Progressive Diversity First! "?
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:
The Tick wrote:

The same as Jo Cox's attacker. Did they shout "Progressive Diversity First! "?
No but he did say "Death to traitors! freedom for Britain!" in court.

So no, not the same.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Maybe , but did not declare an opinion on the EU Referendum either way.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:Maybe , but did not declare an opinion on the EU Referendum either way.
That's beside the point.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Steven Woolfe has quit UKIP, - very probably the final nail in the coffin, - great shame:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10 ... able-ukip/
E & OE

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Roy Twing wrote:Steven Woolfe has quit UKIP, - very probably the final nail in the coffin, - great shame:

Golden opportunity by the party to establish itself totally wasted.

They could have challenged Corbyn's Labour, particularly in the North. Instead, they have chosen to hit the self destruct button.

Utterly pathetic.
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:Steven Woolfe has quit UKIP, - very probably the final nail in the coffin, - great shame:

Golden opportunity by the party to establish itself totally wasted.

They could have challenged Corbyn's Labour, particularly in the North. Instead, they have chosen to hit the self destruct button.

Utterly pathetic.
As you say, the timing was/is perfect for a party to fill the void of labour.
If Farage doesn't decide to continue indefinitely as leader, it is the end I think.
Perish the thought that the liberal traitor party will rise from the ashes.
E & OE