Where We Go What We Do

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
NorthBank

Where We Go What We Do

Post by NorthBank »

mark wrote: Think on it!
Some thoughts have been had on it. You're right, there are different opinions from different people on how the forum should be moderated. But one opinion that seems popular among both camps is that you're a shit house who has the leadership qualities of a kebab.

mark
Forum Admin

Re: Basualdo

Post by mark »

NorthBank wrote:
Some thoughts have been had on it. You're right, there are different opinions from different people on how the forum should be moderated. But one opinion that seems popular among both camps is that you're a shit house who has the leadership qualities of a kebab.

Interesting that you step forward as spokesman on these shared opinions but I still don't see anybody else coming along to provide the strength in numbers to support your reports of such opinions.

If people, in one way or another, can't deal with being given space to think about how they should behave on the forum and interact, or not, with other posters then it's not my fault when dummies are being spat out when some are not getting their own way.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

mark wrote:
NorthBank wrote:

Interesting that you step forward as spokesman on these shared opinions but I still don't see anybody else coming along to provide the strength in numbers to support your reports of such opinions.

If people, in one way or another, can't deal with being given space to think about how they should behave on the forum and interact, or not, with other posters then it's not my fault when dummies are being spat out when some are not getting their own way.
Mark could you reply to my pm please?
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

mark wrote:
NorthBank wrote:

What about the kebab Image

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

mark wrote:
NorthBank wrote:

Exactly marko.

Fuck knows what his problem is, although muchos previous with authority.

Best ignore.
Last edited by Lord Notin Kwestion on Wed May 27, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:
mark wrote:
NorthBank wrote:

When you send it, yes.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Lord Notin Kwestion wrote:
mark wrote:
NorthBank wrote:

Exactly marko.

Best ignore.
Indeed, Mark is giving up his time to provide a free service and doesn't deserve any abuse.

I think he's doing a fine job.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

mark wrote:
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:
mark wrote:
NorthBank wrote:

When you send it, yes.
Sent six days ago. Got an autoresponder pasted holding message in reply.
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

mark wrote:
NorthBank wrote:

That is so true, but how can you say that but Zambo still has carte blance to goad and provoke. Third time I've asked a straight question about Zambo to you, in a few days......and I guess it will be the third time you ignore it..

Maybe you should be called Sepp.. :lol:

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Lord Notin Kwestion wrote:
mark wrote:
NorthBank wrote:

Exactly marko.

Best ignore.

So Notin Marko it is now

Just observing as usual :lol:
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

NorthBank

Post by NorthBank »

mark wrote:
NorthBank wrote:

You can try and save face all you like but bottom line is that the forum has gone massively downhill since you have taken charge. No matter what side of the fence people come down on that is something no one can argue with. A once great forum died on your watch.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

It's not being ignored but is being given consideration so apologies if you thought I had ignored you. I tend not to comment about the mods unless there is something specific to say. But as your question is in the same region as TGOAH's PM that he reminded me about I should say that we have been discussing how the forum is modded. To use your reference to Zambo as a reference point it could be said that while some are highly and vocally critical of his style there are others who would like Zambo to go further and have actively requested the forum should be modded in a much more strict fashion.

If I'm honest I want any of the mods to feel that they can post freely on the forum without me setting restrictions just the same as it is for any other posters. But I can also understand where other people feel less comfortable in that approach. I would also admit that I don't really like the idea of a single F&G thread as it pretty much serves as an encouragement to goading one way or the other. On that point we are looking at other ways to do provide a freer section of the forum. As a personal view I'd be happy to go unmoderated on Pandemonium which is the one section of the forum that still requires login. But there has to be a buy-in from everybody here that recognised that unmoderated doesn't mean shitfest. And by shitfest I mean hounding of other posters, goading people into oblivion, and waging personal vendettas across the forum.

At the same time we will look at how we mod the forum overall but that has to be on the basis of providing enjoyment for the maximum number of people, not the most vocal few.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

NorthBank wrote:
mark wrote:
NorthBank wrote:

You can try and save face all you like but bottom line is that the forum has gone massively downhill since you have taken charge. No matter what side of the fence people come down on that is something no one can argue with. A once great forum died on your watch.
I'm not trying to save face. Pick your toys up.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

mark wrote:It's not being ignored but is being given consideration so apologies if you thought I had ignored you. I tend not to comment about the mods unless there is something specific to say. But as your question is in the same region as TGOAH's PM that he reminded me about I should say that we have been discussing how the forum is modded. To use your reference to Zambo as a reference point it could be said that while some are highly and vocally critical of his style there are others who would like Zambo to go further and have actively requested the forum should be modded in a much more strict fashion.

If I'm honest I want any of the mods to feel that they can post freely on the forum without me setting restrictions just the same as it is for any other posters. But I can also understand where other people feel less comfortable in that approach. I would also admit that I don't really like the idea of a single F&G thread as it pretty much serves as an encouragement to goading one way or the other. On that point we are looking at other ways to do provide a freer section of the forum. As a personal view I'd be happy to go unmoderated on Pandemonium which is the one section of the forum that still requires login. But there has to be a buy-in from everybody here that recognised that unmoderated doesn't mean shitfest. And by shitfest I mean hounding of other posters, goading people into oblivion, and waging personal vendettas across the forum.

At the same time we will look at how we mod the forum overall but that has to be on the basis of providing enjoyment for the maximum number of people, not the most vocal few.
Thanks for replying, but it still doesn't solve the problem with Zambo........not a problem to you though by the looks of things...

In F~G and every where else zambosay that he will ban posters, but they cant react, the few that have been banned for a few weeks he publically slates/slated and takes great delight in threatening them to be banned permanently.
You may as well ban them forever, they will come back after Zambo, and Zambo will take great pleasure in banning them again....why go through the aggro?

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

This is bollocks ,if you want a ruck take it to F&G .
This open slagging of the forum owner and other mods is ridiculous.
Not happy with anything PM them one on one instead of washing the dirty linen on open forum.
The amount and type of complaints would indicate that those involved should fuck off to another forum more suited to them.

Just observing ,as usual :!:
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

So the bits about me not liking the single F&G thread with its very presence encouraging goading suggests that I don't think there is a problem.
When I talk about goading and hounding that includes everybody and doesn't exclude the mods. The biggest challenge is to agree what is hounding/goading/bullying/call-it-what-you-will. Different people work within different limits.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

delboy1983 wrote:This is bollocks ,if you want a ruck take it to F&G .
Not happy with anything PM them one on one instead of washing the dirty linen on open forum.
The amount and type of complaints would indicate that those involved should fuck off to another forum more suited to them.

To be honest del, the debate needs to be had and I would prefer it out in the open - out of fairness to all, including the mods who might just start getting targeted PM's from different groups of posters.

I'm not going to lose sleep if people think I'm wrong but it would be great if people could offer constructive comments and I'd be interested if the whole range of opinions were seen.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

mark wrote:

To be honest del, the debate needs to be had and I would prefer it out in the open - out of fairness to all, including the mods who might just start getting targeted PM's from different groups of posters.

I'm not going to lose sleep if people think I'm wrong but it would be great if people could offer constructive comments and I'd be interested if the whole range of opinions were seen.
Yeah but it will Just end up a shit fest on open forum outwith F&G resulting in more bans as it spirals out of control.
The PM function puts you in one to one contact with the mods to answer queries.
Abusing owner and mods should never be the way
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

Post by Glazed Earthenware Horse »

mark wrote:

Ignore them mate. Only nutters get wound up with mods on a forum. You are doing fine.
Talkforum's Official Crazy Larger than life Character!

Chris

Post by Chris »

Perhaps the mods can delete this thread now. Cheers.
Signature

NorthBank

Post by NorthBank »

mark wrote:
NorthBank wrote:
mark wrote:
NorthBank wrote:

I'm not trying to save face. Pick your toys up.
So you think the forum has improved since you took over do you? No matter what alliances there are on the forum pretty much everyone here has at some point openly voiced that they feel the forum has gone into the shitter. So you can try the divide and conquer act all you like but bottom line is that the forum has turned to shit under your ownership and it will never improve while you egotistically dismiss the few posters left and pretend it's everyone else's fault.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

NorthBank wrote:{...]So you think the forum has improved since you took over do you? No matter what alliances there are on the forum pretty much everyone here has at some point openly voiced that they feel the forum has gone into the shitter. {...]
Poll? And NB, that seems to be the crux, and what Mark is saying. I feel like a err Zambo post, but it's true:

People wanting more moderation say it has gone down the shitter. They are here, they exist, they might not be you.
People wanting less moderation say it has gone down the shitter.They are here, they exist, they might not be you.

But hey, as per Travis: :wink: 8)
All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Chris wrote:Perhaps the mods can delete this thread now. Cheers.
Chris I will split off the non Bas discussion into a separate thread when I get the chance.

paolo

Post by paolo »

it's all related

any news on mod changes?
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

paolo wrote:it's all related

any news on mod changes?
That is why this thread has been split off and placed where it now is so that everybody can join in and have their say if they wish. I'm keen for everybody who wants to contribute to have that chance and don't have any intention of deleting anything posted unless there is an imperative reason. However, I'm sure that the discussion will roll on much better if people adopt a reasonable approach to reading and sharing opinions.