The proud dad thread.

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
colinthewarriormonkey

The proud dad thread.

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

People don't like to brag, but on this thread fucking go for it, if your kid has done something that makes you proud why shouldn't you tell people about it?

I'll start with this about my eldest.

As some of you may know, he's suffered a history of being bullied. He's a lovely kid, kind, considerate and thoughtful - his teachers all like him as we find out at parents evening including his sports teacher, even though he clouldn't kick a ball and hit a barn.

This of course is all fuel for bullies, who have constantly picked on him because he just doesn't have a nasty bone in his body and he couldn't even get his head around hitting back.

He's actually quite strong though, but he doesn't have the courage to believe in himself.

Until 2 weeks ago.

We were on holiday, and a gang of 13 -14 year olds (he's 10) were in the pool with their squirt guns and all ganging up on one child after another to squirt them, push them about etc. Then it came to my boys turn.

I was watching ready to dive in at a moments notice, anyway, my boy squirted them back, but chose to concentrate on just the ring leader - which he didn't like, not one bit. So he came over to my son, snapped his squirter in half and ran off laughing, naturally I was up and out of my sunbed by this time and was going to go after the little scrote.

Then it happened

Something I knew was going to happen one day.

All those years of bullying and frustration come out in one explosive burst, and he went after this kid and started to beat the shit out of him, he rained punches in from all directions, his mates ran off because they didnt know what else to do.

One parent said to me, "don't you think you should stop this"

"Not a fucking chance" I said "I've been waiting years to finally see him stand up for himself"

The battering went on for another couple of minutes until this boy could finally get out of the pool and ran off.

To be honest, It was probably the gayest fight I've ever seen at one point he was donking him on the top of the head, because he hasn't got a clue how to fight, but no matter the job was done, the kids back was red raw from the pummelling it took.

When it was all over, the enormity of what he had done hit him and he had a huge smile on his face, I gave him a big hug and told him I'd never been so proud of him in my life, and that today was a game changer, he now knows he doesn't ever have to take crap from anyone ever again.

When we got back, the first thing I did was buy him a punch bag, and by god had he been working it, it's now got to the stage where even as an adult, I seriously wouldn't want to get punched in the face by him.

He's still the kind sweet adorably boy he always was, but there's something about him, he holds himself high, and I'm pretty sure he's actually looking forward to someone trying to give him shit now, so he can knock them on their arse and send a message.

I'm a very proud dad.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

m4rkb

Re: The proud dad thread.

Post by m4rkb »

Bravo to your son Colin. Well done that lad. =D> =D> =D>

It's always nice to see bullies get their comeuppance and you're lad must feel ten feet tall by standing up for himself.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
He's still the kind sweet adorably boy he always was, but there's something about him, he holds himself high, and I'm pretty sure he's actually looking forward to someone trying to give him shit now, so he can knock them on their arse and send a message.
Only child? Left-handed? Has to be one or both...his traits sound very familiar.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Left handed?

What's that got to do with anything.

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

carcinogen wrote:
Only child? Left-handed? Has to be one or both...his traits sound very familiar.
Why do you have to chip in with your dribbling bullshit? You are an absolute fucking sociopath. Fuck off.
All eyes and ears...

colinthewarriormonkey

m4rkb wrote:Bravo to your son Colin. Well done that lad. =D> =D> =D>

It's always nice to see bullies get their comeuppance and you're lad must feel ten feet tall by standing up for himself.

Cheers mate, yeah he does there's been a big change in him, his confidence levels are sky high now.

I learned from a very early age (I was really small as a kid) that bullies have to be hit back straight away, getting that through to him, was really hard, but by god he gets it now.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

m4rkb wrote:Bravo to your son Colin. Well done that lad. =D> =D> =D>

Cheers mate, yeah he does there's been a big change in him, his confidence levels are sky high now.

I learned from a very early age (I was really small as a kid) that bullies have to be hit back straight away, getting that through to him, was really hard, but by god he gets it now.
Indeed. I have good mate who came here from Jamaica years ago and he goes out of his way to confront any bullies, He really gets fired up over the thought of a bully . He told me he was bullied and bullied at school by someone who later became a very famous musician who was much bigger for his age at 14 than the other kids and picked on them all the time. He waited for him around the school gate and then bashed him good and proper with a cricket bat. He never had another problem after that.

But you have to be careful picking on the smaller kids too. Very often there is a similar kind of person knocking around in the background who will do all the standing up for them you can imagine. I know someone like this as well. Absolutely sound kid, wouldn't harm a fly but best friends with a fucking total nutter. Some cunt picked on him because he's bit weak then some 15 stone marauding ape showed up saying "you wansum"? :lol:

Never bully anyone. You never know who is seeking redress.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

How about showing him a few Bruce Lee films to get him interested in martial arts.
Just tell him guard the Adam's apple, solar plexus and scrotum if he's attacked again.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

colinthewarriormonkey

AlcoholBrazil wrote:How about showing him a few Bruce Lee films to get him interested in martial arts.
Just tell him guard the Adam's apple, solar plexus and scrotum if he's attacked again.

We're on the Rocky films at the moment.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Nice one, colin.

Well done to your lad.

=D> =D> =D>
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:We're on the Rocky films at the moment.
Rocky is a good example for the "never say die" attitude , but most boxers agree his defensive guard was shocking.
He received twice as many punches as he landed.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Funny that football thing I was exactly the same If I aimed a ball one way it always went somewhere else or sometimes Id miss it alltogether So teachers just ignored me no one bothered to try to teach me how to play football because your supposed to know arent you ?
Weird because I am very good at anything else that requires aiming, archery, darts, any kind of shooting,
Then in my mid fifties DING DING While playing ball with my dogs I discovered I am left footed......... with my left foot I can kick a ball accurately hard and far so much for sports masters useless cunts well its too fucking late now
when I think of all the unnecessary humiliations, rows, and fight's in my boyhood..........
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:How about showing him a few Bruce Lee films to get him interested in martial arts.

We're on the Rocky films at the moment.

Raging Bull
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

therealHJ

Post by therealHJ »

Steve Hunt wrote:Nice one, colin.

Well done to your lad.

=D> =D> =D>
Yes, I echo that

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:
Rocky is a good example for the "never say die" attitude , but most boxers agree his defensive guard was shocking.
Indeed. And old 15 rounders then. Anyway. Firstly, well done Colin on taking your son to the noble art over many great martial arts, hope he continues and learns to love the sport.

But if you are serious for something for your boy, get him to a gym. Hayemakers at a bag at home is one thing, exercise, discipline, sparring (probably too young), but shadow boxing and defence will teach him confidence.

Teaching a child to hit a bag is one thing, but that is not a proper moving target, that will come. Remember first time as a teen actually sparring, was weird with some other kid, actually someone wanting to hit you. :shock:

And why a gym? To teach what skills you acquire is not needed outside the ring. Same as martial arts, you never use aggressively. Too many fuckers out there think they are Tyson or Bruce Lee becuase of a bit of training misplaced. Not good, not good at all.

The best thing about knowing how to fight is knowing how not to fight. As to Carc's left handed comment, all the better to be an elegant southpaw. Err. Not this orthodox fella: :box:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

colinthewarriormonkey

m4 colin wrote:Funny that football thing I was exactly the same If I aimed a ball one way it always went somewhere else or sometimes Id miss it alltogether So teachers just ignored me no one bothered to try to teach me how to play football because your supposed to know arent you ?
Weird because I am very good at anything else that requires aiming, archery, darts, any kind of shooting,
Then in my mid fifties DING DING While playing ball with my dogs I discovered I am left footed......... with my left foot I can kick a ball accurately hard and far so much for sports masters useless cunts well its too fucking late now
when I think of all the unnecessary humiliations, rows, and fight's in my boyhood..........
I was the same, but great at aiming and shooting, until I tried clays and couldn't hit a fucking thing.

It was then that the instructor found that my left eye was dominant (I used to wear an eye patch on my left eye whilst shooting as I found it hard to keep closed). So I shot left handed and was much improved.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

colinthewarriormonkey

Carlos J wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:
Indeed. And old 15 rounders then. Anyway. Firstly, well done Colin on taking your son to the noble art over many great martial arts, hope he continues and learns to love the sport.

But if you are serious for something for your boy, get him to a gym. Hayemakers at a bag at home is one thing, exercise, discipline, sparring (probably too young), but shadow boxing and defence will teach him confidence.

Teaching a child to hit a bag is one thing, but that is not a proper moving target, that will come. Remember first time as a teen actually sparring, was weird with some other kid, actually someone wanting to hit you. :shock:

And why a gym? To teach what skills you acquire is not needed outside the ring. Same as martial arts, you never use aggressively. Too many fuckers out there think they are Tyson or Bruce Lee becuase of a bit of training misplaced. Not good, not good at all.

The best thing about knowing how to fight is knowing how not to fight. As to Carc's left handed comment, all the better to be an elegant southpaw. Err. Not this orthodox fella: :box:

All good points Carlos, unfortunately we simply don't have any time left to get him to a gym at the moment (none seem to do kids stuff on a Sunday). There might be an opportunity to get him into a kickboxing class in the new year, but even then his brother's judo class finishes at the same time the kickboxing class starts. and they are in different parts of town.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

colinthewarriormonkey

AlcoholBrazil wrote:
Oh yeah, it's more about the attitude than anything else.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

colinthewarriormonkey

therealHJ wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:Nice one, colin.

Well done to your lad.

=D> =D> =D>
Yes, I echo that
Cheers lads, I've got a very different boy on my hands now - it's great.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

My nine month old daughter has in the last month or so discovered the wonders of blowing rasberries.

Lift her out of her cot in the morning 'rassssssp' followed by a giggle and a smile, put her in her high chair for breakfast 'rassssssssssp' followed by the giggle and smile, put her on the floor to tend to her brother 'rasssp' 'rassp' 'rasssssssssssssp'

Yesterday however she excelled herself. On the change mat and she's rassssping away. She then proceeds to rasp and fart simultantionsly. I was awe struck :D
A joyless arsehole

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Colin,

Get your lad down to your local boxing club. It's a great way to both channel aggression and also learn how to defend himself.

If the club is any good they'll welcome your kid with open arms.

:oops: - Sorry should have read through the entire two pages before posting. I see you've already covered this with Carlos.
A joyless arsehole

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

shabbado wrote:My nine month old daughter has in the last month or so discovered the wonders of blowing rasberries.

Lift her out of her cot in the morning 'rassssssp' followed by a giggle and a smile, put her in her high chair for breakfast 'rassssssssssp' followed by the giggle and smile, put her on the floor to tend to her brother 'rasssp' 'rassp' 'rasssssssssssssp'

Yesterday however she excelled herself. On the change mat and she's rassssping away. She then proceeds to rasp and fart simultantionsly. I was awe struck :D
:)
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

m4 colin wrote:Funny that football thing I was exactly the same If I aimed a ball one way it always went somewhere else or sometimes Id miss it alltogether So teachers just ignored me no one bothered to try to teach me how to play football because your supposed to know arent you ?
How on Earth do you not know you're left footed? Is it not innate to kick with your stronger foot
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sadact7 wrote:
How on Earth do you not know you're left footed? Is it not innate to kick with your stronger foot
I am right-footed, in that it feels right and instinctive, but I was playing one day and had some problem with my right leg and started using my left foot for long passes and shooting - and was better than with my right. :shock:

It felt weird, as if it wasn't actually my own foot doing the kicking.

After that, I used both feet.

Very strange.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

Thursty

Post by Thursty »

Reg wrote:
Sadact7 wrote:
I am right-footed, in that it feels right and instinctive, but I was playing one day and had some problem with my right leg and started using my left foot for long passes and shooting - and was better than with my right. :shock:

It felt weird, as if it wasn't actually my own foot doing the kicking.

After that, I used both feet.

Very strange.
Indeed. Sometimes I use my left hand, precisely because it feels like someone else is doing it.
the smoke gets in your eyes
run the exhaust back inside
close the window and take a ride
i've got a place to go
there's nowhere to hide