Where We Go What We Do

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: Where We Go What We Do

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

henrycrs wrote:
davidarthur wrote:It always astonishes me how seriously people take the forum and respond with relish when someone "goads" them. Just ignore them and they'll soon get the message its that simple.

If someone wants to abuse me or wish death on me or my family I couldn't give a stuff as I don't know any of you and therefore your wishes matter not a jot to me.

My view is that Pandy should have zero moderation apart from if something is said which puts the forum owners at risk of legal challenge (as happened previously).

It's a shame that people get banned as I think even the "worst" offenders have in their time posted some very funny stuff. Moaning about specific mods all seems a bit pointless and if I'm honest, childish. If you don't get on with someone ignore them and move on. If the stalking or bullying gets ridiculous then the mods should give one warning and then ban from Pandy but allow access to other parts.

My fear is that people will not change and somehow seem to get off on complaining and trying to wind up others.
Spot on. It takes 2 to argue, and IMO if neither person takes the above view, who gives a fuck if they call either other a cunt 24/7
Also, as in the case of Butters, it can be hilarious entertainment
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:
henrycrs wrote:
davidarthur wrote:It always astonishes me how seriously people take the forum and respond with relish when someone "goads" them. Just ignore them and they'll soon get the message its that simple.

If someone wants to abuse me or wish death on me or my family I couldn't give a stuff as I don't know any of you and therefore your wishes matter not a jot to me.

My view is that Pandy should have zero moderation apart from if something is said which puts the forum owners at risk of legal challenge (as happened previously).

It's a shame that people get banned as I think even the "worst" offenders have in their time posted some very funny stuff. Moaning about specific mods all seems a bit pointless and if I'm honest, childish. If you don't get on with someone ignore them and move on. If the stalking or bullying gets ridiculous then the mods should give one warning and then ban from Pandy but allow access to other parts.

My fear is that people will not change and somehow seem to get off on complaining and trying to wind up others.
Spot on. It takes 2 to argue, and IMO if neither person takes the above view, who gives a fuck if they call either other a cunt 24/7
Also, as in the case of Butters, it can be hilarious entertainment
Thursday cunt Image

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

paolo

Post by paolo »

mark wrote:
m4rkb wrote:Why don't we have an anonymous mod account just marked Forum Police like they have on DigiSpy where the punishments are handed out behind a faceless mask. That way we wouldn't know who was behind it, unless of course it was Carlos, and we'd just get our warnings a bit like the letter that comes in the post saying your car was seen doing 30.1mph in a 30 zone and here's your fine enclosed. You can appeal but you might find your punishment increased.
That is worth looking at.
No.

The cunt needs to be made accountable, and not be able to hide his decisions behind other mods
Last edited by paolo on Thu May 28, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

paolo

Post by paolo »

Zambo wrote:
m4rkb wrote:Why don't we have an anonymous mod account just marked Forum Police like they have on DigiSpy where the punishments are handed out behind a faceless mask. That way we wouldn't know who was behind it, unless of course it was Carlos, and we'd just get our warnings a bit like the letter that comes in the post saying your car was seen doing 30.1mph in a 30 zone and here's your fine enclosed. You can appeal but you might find your punishment increased.
Apart from calling it 'Forum Police' this is a sound idea.
there you go, he wants this.....sign enough that it is wrong

he will be even more out of control and nobody will be officially able to identify his actions

like giving a pisshead the keys to a pub
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Getting up at 06:00 and ranting on an internet forum isn't the way to set the day up.

Make some constructive comments instead.

Take a tip from davidarthur, best post on this thread so far. Why, because it's balanced well thought out and posted with an open mind, not a prejudiced one with abuse.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

Rantan Zero

Post by Rantan Zero »

paolo wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Apart from calling it 'Forum Police' this is a sound idea.
there you go, he wants this.....sign enough that it is wrong

he will be even more out of control and nobody will be officially able to identify his actions

like giving a pisshead the keys to a pub
This just proves the point i made earlier. I don't think the forum police thing would work whilst the likes of paolo are still around.

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

I wish Del would stop saying 'Just observing, as usual' as it makes me want to mail excrement to him.
All eyes and ears...

turnitin

Post by turnitin »

Roquetas wrote:I wish Del would stop saying 'Just observing, as usual' as it makes me want to mail excrement to him.
Best hope he's 'Just observing' through his letterbox then.
Desperately seeking solace from the multis.

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

turnitin wrote:
Roquetas wrote:I wish Del would stop saying 'Just observing, as usual' as it makes me want to mail excrement to him.
Best hope he's 'Just observing' through his letterbox then.
:mrgreen:
All eyes and ears...

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

m4rkb wrote:
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:
I'd prefer that tbh
It would stop the mods becoming personally involved with whatever argument is going on and frankly stop some of the over the top abuse they are now getting.
Why would it? Mod gets into an argument with someone. Mod logs onto the "Forum Police" account to dish out a punishment, safe in the knowledge that nobody knows who's doing the banning (except it'd be blatantly obvious).

It'd work for anyone setting up a new forum where nobody knew who the mods are and where nobody knows who the owner is, but wouldn't work if you introduced it at this late stage.

It'd just cause more suspicion. People know people's posting styles, they know who their favourites are and who people get into arguments with. Hiding behind an anonymous account wouldn't fool anyone and would just make things worse.
I really am a biatch

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Sack all the mods and appoint some secret ones behind the scenes so no one knows who is a mod or not :lol:

Should be quite a laff IMO :box:

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

This proposal should stop mods getting into arguments on their own id. We currently have a forum where mods post as well as moderate using one id, and it can lead to discussion, warnings bans, and ill feeling at a personal level. If a mod logged on with their own id spots something that he thinks need moderating, then they would do so under the mod id. If posters then have a problem with what the mod has done, then they discuss this at mod team level, preferably by PM, and then the shit is kept off the forum.

From a personal point of view, I have no problem putting my own name to any action I have taken as a mod, but we are talking about how best to keep the crap off the forum, and this is worth looking at imo.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

What avatar will the mods use?

Maybe some FMs can suggest one :D

Chris

Post by Chris »

Signature

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Im not sure i see the point.
Im happy not to hide behide any anonymity and actually think its a little sneaky to say the least.
Maybe having mods contact whoever they are taking action against or instead an action page open to all members were mods can tell of their actions, though i dont mean the mundane stuff like merging or moving posts or threads, more deletions, warnings and bans.
Then a seperate sticky page where posters can ask or complain about any action they think unfair or needs explanation.
Then the rest of the forum can gauge the fairness of any action for themselves.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Windy Miller

Post by Windy Miller »

bring back the cane and national service and that
"Here is a box, a musical box, wound up and ready to play. But this box can hide a secret inside. Can you guess what is in it today?"

http://www.uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Trumpton

paolo

Post by paolo »

why not have some decent mods and mod rules for all to see

zambo riding roughshod, repeatedly instilling into folks so that they accept that he is here and will continue to do as he likes until mark tells him otherwise, simply strengthens his power trip and ego whilst causing further harm and distrust

his clever back me or sack me campaign puts mark in a difficult position and zambo doesnt have the balls or moral fortitude to hand in his licence

he will continue, at every opportunity, to highlight the sacrifices he is making to 'clean up the forum' and that he is doing it for the greater good

don't be fooled

I've had his number since day 1, and wherever he goes, without exception, there is trouble

a disgrace of a mod, the worst the forum has seen and how his behaviour is condoned is...well, odd.
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

NorthBank

Post by NorthBank »

Rantan made the point that the forum has been going downhill for years and while that is a fair point, it's under Mark's regime that cliques have been allowed to run wild. Such a thing has stopped many good posters from posting and it's likely to have deterred new members from posting too. No matter what your allegiances on the forum it seems everyone wants the same thing - consistent leadership that clearly lays out the rules and doesn't change them when it suits personal agendas. Many of the other mods are capable of offering strong leadership but Mark ties their hands with his terrible decision making, even reversing some of their decisions. Look at recent events, Mark has set a precedent that he will reverse bans on posters if their clique lobbies hard enough for it. I don't care who gets banned or not, but if a decision is made in the mod shack then everyone should stand by it. Don't pussy out of it, allow the lunatics to run the asylum and then dump the responsibility for the shit state of the forum on other people.

Mark is a weak leader. I guarantee no one can make a convincing argument that the forum has improved under his leadership. All the evidence indicates he doesn't have a clue how to improve this place and will only take it further into the gutter. If it carries on as it is this forum will end up with just 5 or 6 posters left, making "in jokes" to each other in every section.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

paolo wrote:why not have some decent mods and mod rules for all to see

zambo riding roughshod, repeatedly instilling into folks so that they accept that he is here and will continue to do as he likes until mark tells him otherwise, simply strengthens his power trip and ego whilst causing further harm and distrust

his clever back me or sack me campaign puts mark in a difficult position and zambo doesnt have the balls or moral fortitude to hand in his licence

he will continue, at every opportunity, to highlight the sacrifices he is making to 'clean up the forum' and that he is doing it for the greater good

don't be fooled

I've had his number since day 1, and wherever he goes, without exception, there is trouble

a disgrace of a mod, the worst the forum has seen and how his behaviour is condoned is...well, odd.
This thread is for constructive comments as to how the forum moves forward, not to for you to extend your petty vendetta from F&G. There are three posts from you today which just say the same thing. If you haven't got anything new to add then stop fucking up the thread.

Anything else posted by you in similar fashion will be moved.

paolo

Post by paolo »

this is an open critique of your modding...on the thread about where do we go from here regarding failed modding....it's relevant, simply don't comment or let another mod deal with it, you following me around, after every comment i make as usual will change nothing

set me to ignore until this is all sorted out

again, this highlights one of the reasons why you are unfit to mod

behave yourself
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

It's not relevant to keep repeating the same shit over and over again and referring to me as a cunt. mark may be prepared to put up with that but I'm not.

Stick to constructive comments about the forum. Repeating that I am the worst mod the world has ever seen is just a waste of time.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

ccreds wrote:Fighting Thread is where posts get dumped
Fighting Thread should be open only 4 days a week?
Pandemonium lightly moderated.

There's my opinions.
Or the Fighting Thread to be opened up at 5pm - 12am everyday.
Last edited by ccreds on Thu May 28, 2015 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

So unfair :!:

Just observing as usual :)
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

the rotary club

Post by the rotary club »

Just do it.
Roger Dodger, you ol' codger.