Driving Lessons

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
m4rkb

Re: Driving Lessons

Post by m4rkb »

My lessons in 1986 were 20 quid an hour too. Driving lessons must be the most inflation proof thing in the whole economy.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

m4rkb wrote:My lessons in 1986 were 20 quid an hour too. Driving lessons must be the most inflation proof thing in the whole economy.
Mine were £5.00 per hour, back in 1981 :shock:
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Steve Hunt wrote:
m4rkb wrote:My lessons in 1986 were 20 quid an hour too. Driving lessons must be the most inflation proof thing in the whole economy.
Mine were £5.00 per hour, back in 1981 :shock:
I mentioned this a couple of times over the weekend and it turned out a few of my mates were paying a fiver too round then.

Could it be my lessons at the time were paid for by a certain regional state employer and therefore the cost reflected the fact the taxpayer was footing the bill. ie four times higher than normal. Sounds about right.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

fattmaude wrote:He's rather impatient for my liking though and I actually called him out on this as I mistakenly changed into the wrong gear at a junction. He seemed furious so I let him know in no uncertain terms that I am paying him a pretty penny for his time so he should put a sock in it, naturally he backed down and is now determined to let me learn at my own pace. .
Good for you . He soon realised that he wasn't the only instructor in town. May need re-training as he will lose students quickly. Many learners return to the same instructor after a failed test. Good luck, Maude
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

Reg

Post by Reg »

When you pass your test do you intend to drive outside Yorkshire, or just locally?
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

No instructor is worthy of teaching the ledge fm
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

fattmaude

Post by fattmaude »

Failed my theory test :roll:

I passed the questions part with flying colours but failed on the hazard perception section, which for the many elders on this forum is a video roll where you click the screen upon spotting a so called hazard. I say failed but I was positive that I had seen the incoming hazards in the correct time, I was so confident and almost skipped to the desk to receive the piece of paper informing me that I had passed. I had it out with the jobsworth on said desk when confronted with my results. I told him at £30 a pop it's a rather lucrative business this 'Theory Test' racket. He told me he was just doing his job and has no actual authority over the test results, so I left. I am booked in again for next Friday where I WILL pass.
Fordey 3:16

The One Amigo

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

fattmaude wrote:Failed my theory test :roll:

I passed the questions part with flying colours but failed on the hazard perception section, which for the many elders on this forum is a video roll where you click the screen upon spotting a so called hazard. I say failed but I was positive that I had seen the incoming hazards in the correct time, I was so confident and almost skipped to the desk to receive the piece of paper informing me that I had passed. I had it out with the jobsworth on said desk when confronted with my results. I told him at £30 a pop it's a rather lucrative business this 'Theory Test' racket. He told me he was just doing his job and has no actual authority over the test results, so I left. I am booked in again for next Friday where I WILL pass.
Good luck Maude. If at first you don't succeed, try try again
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Yep.

He should take a leaf of of his hero's book on the 'comedy' circuit. If they don't laugh,keep trying with more useless crud material. Eventually someone will smile one day. :)

fattmaude

Post by fattmaude »

Sadact7 wrote:

Good luck Maude. If at first you don't succeed, try try again
Cheers pal. I have been learning around the fine streets of Harrogate. I live in Leeds but frankly, the roads around here are hell. So I've worked my lessons around visits to my glorious hometown.
m4rkb wrote:Yep.

He should take a leaf of of his hero's book on the 'comedy' circuit. If they don't laugh,keep trying with more useless crud material. Eventually someone will smile one day. :)
A bit mean, a bit nasty.

The One Amigo

blues4ever

Post by blues4ever »

:lol:
Sorry FM but even my 2 daughters passed the Theory first time, good luck next time.

fattmaude

Post by fattmaude »

blues4ever wrote:

:lol:
Sorry FM but even my 2 daughters passed the Theory first time, good luck next time.
Failed again :evil:

The One Amigo

Dr David Starkey

Post by Dr David Starkey »

STARKEY FACT:

Passing my driving test (17 years ago) was the final time I ever drove a car. Moved to that London soon afterwards and have never needed wheels since.
Blood in your poo?

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

I passed in my own car. Do you have the same examiner when you fail., request a different Test Centre so you won't come across him. I had a cunt of a tutor who just sat on his arse and barely said a word.-money for old rope, so he got binned.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

fattmaude

Post by fattmaude »

Dr David Starkey wrote:STARKEY FACT:

Passing my driving test (17 years ago) was the final time I ever drove a car. Moved to that London soon afterwards and have never needed wheels since.
To be frank I can't see me purchasing a car once I pass. I'm largely doing it to please other people :roll: plus for some personal satisfaction as it was my new years resolution and I've NEVER failed a resolution in my life.
AlcoholBrazil wrote:I passed in my own car. Do you have the same examiner when you fail., request a different Test Centre so you won't come across him. I had a cunt of a tutor who just sat on his arse and barely said a word.-money for old rope, so he got binned.
I'm only on the theory stage at the moment mate. I'm learning (and will undertake my practical test) around the leafy streets of Harrogate as opposed to the one way, concrete and confusing mess that is the Leeds roads. I don't intend to fail my practical anyway so your point is somewhat mute.

The One Amigo

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

fattmaude wrote:I don't intend to fail my practical anyway so your point is somewhat mute.
Sarcastic little turd aren't you. :roll:

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

You need to get yourself some wheels maude. A flash motor and the chicks will be all over you like a rash. As soon as they hear that infectious laugh coming out of the tape recorder their knickers will hit the ground and you're in.

I'm selling mine at the moment and I want two grand for it but i'm willing to go down to £1999.99 with a bit of haggling. The left indicator bulb needs changing but I can do that for you as a mate, mate.

Come back to me when you've got the dough. It's yours. 8)

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

THE MAUDEMOBILE
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Reg

Post by Reg »

NOW we're in business. 8)
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

m4rkb wrote:You need to get yourself some wheels maude. A flash motor and the chicks will be all over you like a rash. As soon as they hear that infectious laugh coming out of the tape recorder their knickers will hit the ground and you're in.

I'm selling mine at the moment and I want two grand for it but i'm willing to go down to £1999.99 with a bit of haggling. The left indicator bulb needs changing but I can do that for you as a mate, mate.

Man, thats some sweet wheels.
ALEXA: Play Despacito

fattmaude

Post by fattmaude »

m4rkb wrote:You need to get yourself some wheels maude. A flash motor and the chicks will be all over you like a rash. As soon as they hear that infectious laugh coming out of the tape recorder their knickers will hit the ground and you're in.

Yeah yeah, very funny. NOT.

My brother (whom I despise) is a car dealer, so he shall sort me out with some 'wheels' in due course...

The One Amigo

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Well done Maude mate

=D>

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

fattmaude wrote: My brother (whom I despise) is a car dealer
Have you fallen out with everybody ? A Fiat 127 for you my son.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:
What about a Focus Ghia?

fattmaude

Post by fattmaude »

Sadact7 wrote:Well done Maude mate

=D>
Cheers mate :D
AlcoholBrazil wrote:
My brother is a real bit of work, maybe the likes of you would be mates with such a character but I simply don't stand for his wretched behaviour. Blood relative or not.

For those many decent posters who don't venture into the backside of the forum (the Fighting and Goading thread)...yes, I passed my theory test with a perfect score.

The One Amigo