Re: Winter break/Fans filming in the ground ban by EFL

Anything sportlike
ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Would you be in favour of a winter break in the football season? Would it be over Christmas or generally over January? Myself I would have if there was to be a winter break would be over Christmas. Not so much as a break but a thinning out of fixtures but keep the traditional boxing day fixture. Overall though I'm against it. But your thoughts?
Last edited by ccreds on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ccreds

Re: Winter break

Post by ccreds »

They are talking about this on the Weekend Sports Breakfast, so switch on please.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Threads open.

Lou Grant

Re: Re: Winter break

Post by Lou Grant »

Matt and Jon are not on a 'winter break' - they've been sacked. Move on.
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

finchman

Post by finchman »

Fuck the winter break, bring in pay cuts for shit players.

Rooney should be on minimum wage.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

There should be more international breaks. They are great.
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

ccreds wrote:Would you be in favour of a winter break in the football season? Would it be over Christmas or generally over January? Myself I would have if there was to be a winter break would be over Christmas. Not so much as a break but a thinning out of fixtures but keep the traditional boxing day fixture. Overall though I'm against it. But your thoughts?
No, no, one thousand times no and one more no for luck.

The football is one of the few things which makes the bleak midwinter bearable.

Especially the glut of fixtures over the Christmas/New Year period.

These interminable international breaks are bad enough without forcing another break upon us.

Winter breaks are fine and necessary in Scandanavia or Russia were they are buried under an avalanche of snow at the same time every year.

But here?

Where the winter weather us unpredictable?

You could just see how it pans out in England.

We have a winter shutdown for three weeks in January.

And we are blessed with a mild, early springlike month.

We resume in February and the temperature plummets leading to frozen roads around the grounds making the safety of the fans unguaranteeable.

Or huge snowdrifts.

Fuck the idea of a winter break :x
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Winter breaks are for fannies unless you live at the North Pole.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Extended the thread a sort of two in one if you like. I heard that filming in football grounds has been stopped by the EFL. Not only are you prohibited from filming the action which is right btw, but now you cannot film yourself or fans in the stand. This will effect those YouTube videos which you see online which are fairly popular, fan channels and the like. You can film outside or on the concourse but not in the ground. I have a look at a few fan channels and obviously their response is that its not a popular decision. Your thoughts?

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

In the past, i've heard from the likes of Adrian Durham, Ronnie Irani,Mark Saggers, and Ian Abrahams, all saying that if the PL had a winter break the teams would go swanning off around the world playing money grabbing friendly tournament. So the players would gain no benefit from the break.

:-k

Really ? Well we never hear about Barcelona, Bayern Munich, or Real Madrid, jetting off to play winter break games.
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Sinbad wrote:In the past, i've heard from the likes of Adrian Durham, Ronnie Irani,Mark Saggers, and Ian Abrahams, all saying that if the PL had a winter break the teams would go swanning off around the world playing money grabbing friendly tournament. So the players would gain no benefit from the break.

:-k

Really ? Well we never hear about Barcelona, Bayern Munich, or Real Madrid, jetting off to play winter break games.

Contrary to what some would have you believe, they don't have a "winter break" as such in Spain.

The league closes down for ten days between Christmas Eve, a big holiday in Spain, and New Year.

It is less of a break than these friggin' international breaks.

Ditto Italy.

They close down for about a month or five weeks in Germany but that is because Germany has a lot of snow in mid winter and travelling is difficult ergo the notion of a winter break is rooted in necessity.

Spain and Italy have no tradition of football over the Christmas holiday season so the fans don't miss the football and are happy to enjoy their Christmas festivities and they do not celebrate Boxing Day the way we do.

We on the other hand love our Christmas footie and for me at any rate, Boxing Day football is the best day of the season.

Imagine being deprived of that :x
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.