The Aston Villa disaster/confusion/conjecture/general ridicule thread 2016 Onwards

Anything sportlike
kancutlawns

The Aston Villa disaster/confusion/conjecture/general ridicule thread 2016 Onwards

Post by kancutlawns »

Last seasons disaster thread here: https://www.talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=20526

Oh happy day! Finally, subject to Football League approval, the club sale will go through by Dr Tony Xui for only £60m. Any less and the asking price would be on a par with this here baliawick.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

m4rkb

Re: Aston Villa Disaster Season 2015/16

Post by m4rkb »

Dr Tony Xia apparently, and you can bet his real name is not Tony. But fuck that, at least we've moved on from Lerner so good luck to him.

He's not that rich by all accounts, but he may well be if the club takes a hold in China. Expect a consortium to pile some more money in. I'd guess at least another £200M over the next few years will be needed to pay people off and then get the right people in. Any less any we're not showing any ambition.

Di Mateo as manager? Possibly. Who knows,. If not, another couple of seasons finding out who would have been better.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

:P Come down to Ashton Gate next season, my Lawns.
Me and Ghost will show you err the sights
I released the blob must to my darkest dread

But its mint choc chip which is the ice cream flavour of Satan's spermatozoa

Careful now, you’re being beastly to Leado and this canno he totlerated.

About to get underway at the Berbabeu

George Summer

Post by George Summer »

Cut price sale to a bloke who sounds like a Bond villain.
"Joining me by heliograph live from Thebes is Parthenopaeus as he is about to launch his assault on the city."

"I'd like to push him into a grain silo."

"He simply needs a good smack in the mouth"

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Sid Pervcat wrote::P Come down to Ashton Gate next season, my Lawns.
Me and Ghost will show you err the sights
:lol: Great stuff moonie. Like to look around Brizzle at some point.
Last edited by kancutlawns on Thu May 19, 2016 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

He's in with the Chinese government and although his personal fortune is only about £57m, his company's worth more than £20bn. Let's see how it turns out.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Even generating interest across the Expressway.

http://www.oftenpartisan.co.uk/archives ... eaway.html?
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Di Matteo spotted at Elmdon today.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f ... l-11360037?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

What the fuck's going on? The takeover's not yet been ratified by the Premier League and Football League. Out of the three leading contenders for the manager's job, Moyes has dropped out as he thinks there are complications, Di Matteo has cooled his interest as he is annoyed that Moyes was approached for the job combined with Lazio wanting him and Pearson is prepared to throw a spanner in the works by turning the club down. We just can't do anything right can we? There's a glimmer of light though that "if" the takeover goes ahead, Paddy Riley will go. I've got a nasty feeling that Xia could be similar to Carson Yeung. This is why I'm not going overboard with all the hysteria about how wealthy Dr Xia is.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Dwight Yorke was embarrassing himself again talking to big Al this morning,he thinks he is the man for the job.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

George Summer

Post by George Summer »

Saw this yesterday and it doesn't inspire a massive amount of confidence even if it is pie in the sky.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... villa-park

“We want to use Villa’s history and its substantial fan base around the world to also promote Lotus Health products and services globally. The ideal scenario would be for fans to enjoy Lotus Health products at Lotus Villa Park, it would be a great advert for both brands.”
Can see these going down well In the Holte End

"Joining me by heliograph live from Thebes is Parthenopaeus as he is about to launch his assault on the city."

"I'd like to push him into a grain silo."

"He simply needs a good smack in the mouth"

EddieCheddar

Post by EddieCheddar »

George Summer wrote:Saw this yesterday and it doesn't inspire a massive amount of confidence even if it is pie in the sky.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... villa-park

“We want to use Villa’s history and its substantial fan base around the world to also promote Lotus Health products and services globally. The ideal scenario would be for fans to enjoy Lotus Health products at Lotus Villa Park, it would be a great advert for both brands.”
Can see these going down well In the Holte End

It's become shameless and we hardly bat an eyelid at this type of stuff anymore. Villa are in big trouble. I used to live in the area and felt from an outsiders perspective the fans were never satisfied. How they must long for old Deadly now....

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

kancutlawns wrote:What the fuck's going on? The takeover's not yet been ratified by the Premier League and Football League. Out of the three leading contenders for the manager's job, Moyes has dropped out as he thinks there are complications, Di Matteo has cooled his interest as he is annoyed that Moyes was approached for the job combined with Lazio wanting him and Pearson is prepared to throw a spanner in the works by turning the club down. We just can't do anything right can we? There's a glimmer of light though that "if" the takeover goes ahead, Paddy Riley will go. I've got a nasty feeling that Xia could be similar to Carson Yeung. This is why I'm not going overboard with all the hysteria about how wealthy Dr Xia is.
I read all this myself and was wracked with despair.

Then only club that has a manager in place to get them promoted back to the Premier League is Newcastle. They have a Premier League, International standard manager who knows what he's doing and is fortunate enough to have their fan base agree.

One thing is for sure, Rafa has not been told;and nor is the case, that he will be sacked when he gets them back up to the Premier League. He's not there just to do the job of getting them back up. He'll be in the driving seat when they are - an not many other managers will be in contention to replace him.

With Villa, all the possible contenders know full well their tenure is to get us back into the top flight and then get sacked as soon as they do in order for someone else to take over who can take us onto the proverbial next level. Pearson, Di Mateo and Co know this is their fate so I don't blame them for bowing out beforehand.

None of the managers on offer are any good unless they are there for the long haul and not just our promotion. As a result there are no real decent managers available who can;t see through this.

If this project is going to work we need a manager like Rafa who, once out of the rat race, can deliver a minimum of European football.

This is why just throwing money at the problem is not likely to work. Xia can have all the money in the world but he's still got to appoint someone who does not feel he's expendable the second he's achieved his first goal. All the best managers don't want championship clubs unless Xia's money (if he has any) can buy a top flight manager to do a temporary job in the 2nd tier and then be backed when he's got us up.

The Villa job's a bit of a poison chalice if the truth be told.

m4rkb

Re: The Aston Villa disaster/confusion/conjecture/general ridicule Thread

Post by m4rkb »

Everything's ground to halt down at the Lotus Leaf stadium ennit.

Players don't even know when to turn up for preseason training by all accounts. I might be able to help on that one: don't bother turning up at all.

Newcastle are toying with switching their squad for players who know the championship but we haven't even made a single sacking. Hardly what you call in pole position for the new season eh?. We haven't even got confirmation the People's Football Club have got a proper owner yet.

At this rate, my Chinese utilitarian military tunic is going to go back in the wardrobe until further notice.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Nearly a fortnight now since the FA and Football League started assessing the fair person's test on Xia, RDM's not been made manager yet and as you said the players don't know when to report for pre-season training. Should be early July I think? It's a bloody shambles. Is any twat actually doing an management right now in any part of the club?

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

How they think we'll be in any kind of position to dominate the Championship when everything is all over the fucking place , God only knows. No manager, no idea who's in or out and if it is everyone out (pray god) then we'll just about be ready to start contending around Christmas.

The FA still aren't sure if Xia is a fully fledged member of the Chinese government and they're the real owners.

It's a total fucking shambles.

Get Xi Jinping down there sharpo I say and start threatening a few with some hard labour in a Tianqiao prison.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Double-relegation. They should rename 'Deadly Doug', 'Dead Doug'. This will finish him off. It's a shame, because of all the Midlands clubs, Villa is the least offensive to me.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

m4rkb wrote:How they think we'll be in any kind of position to dominate the Championship when everything is all over the fucking place , God only knows. No manager, no idea who's in or out and if it is everyone out (pray god) then we'll just about be ready to start contending around Christmas.

The FA still aren't sure if Xia is a fully fledged member of the Chinese government and they're the real owners.

It's a total fucking shambles.

Get Xi Jinping down there sharpo I say and start threatening a few with some hard labour in a Tianqiao prison.
And Matt Kendrick's probably running an article of the best Chinese meal starting eleven, the fucking prick.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Could be an unstoppable slide for thow veelloiah
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Looks like when RDM is finally unveiled as Villa manager, he'll be bringing Eddie Newton and Steve Holland with him as his backroom staff. Conte will be bringing in his own team at Chelsea. Lash/Jon/antdad, do you rate these two? Surprisingly, RDM has turned down the chance to coach Napoli for Villa although I think he must be a little put off that we're taking so long to make him manager.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

RDM appointed with Steve Clarke as assistant but still no news yet on whether the Chinese Communist Party are fit and proper owners. Maybe the bribe to approve them isn't quite big enough or they're waiting for the RMB-GBP exchange rate to improve a bit.

Anyway some progress at last. Hopefully the UK unemployment figures will go up by at least a dozen tomorrow morning. I know new managers like to impose a fresh slate for all the players but I seriously hope we don't waste too much time on it when so many are uterly useless and just need booting out instantly.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Dr Xia was extremely upset to be compared to Carson Yeung. :D

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Zambo wrote:Dr Xia was extremely upset to be compared to Carson Yeung. :D
It might yet come out that Carson Yeung is upset at being compared to Tony Xia. :wink:

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

:lol:

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

m4rkb wrote:
It might yet come out that Carson Yeung is upset at being compared to Tony Xia. :wink:
Either of them being compared to Randy Lerner or Doug would be beyond the pale. :lol: