Champions League of Darts, BBC1 and BBC2, Sept 24/25, Prediction Game & Observations

Anything sportlike
Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Re: Champions League of Darts, BBC1 and BBC2, Sept 24/25, Prediction Game & Observations

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

What are you making of the BBC coverage, Carlos? and everyone else for that matter. How do you think it compares to the BBC's previous err efforts?
You ARE Rodney Bewes

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Champions League of Darts, BBC1 and BBC2, Sept 24/25, Prediction Game & Observations

Post by Carlos J »

Think it is fine, RM, though as per your mention of no walk on girls. :( Pretty straight and less gimmicky than Lakeside with Murray and George and Sky. Nicholson, Rod and Webster are fine, Jason Mohammad is BBC professional.

Gets a Fonzie thumbs up from me. :smt023
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Rainbowmonkey wrote:What are you making of the BBC coverage, Carlos? and everyone else for that matter. How do you think it compares to the BBC's previous err efforts?
They've taken on the tried and tested format from Sky. You were never going to get walk on girls on the BBC. Don't think Webster has brought much to the table, but Nicholson has been excellent.

No need to over-hype the commentary, the quality speaks for itself.

A whole night of darts on BBC2 on sunday, bring it on. Be interesting how they fill the gap between the last semi and the final.
'I say if the flats aren't good enough for you, why don't you f... off back to Somalia' .........Jon Gaunt

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

Positive, then, all in all. Good. I've liked it too. Nothing in particular to complain about. I agree that Webby is a bit limp, but you know, it's Wales and he's Welsh. The BBC like that sort of thing. I've never seen him doing any TV work before and he might never again.

Carlos, until I read someone else mentioning it yesterday, I hadn't even noticed the lack of walk-on girls. :o

for some then/now perspective, it's only 8 months since they were putting stuff like this in their coverage... talking about 'straight' coverage, they seemed to be actively taking the piss sometimes:

phpBB [video]
You ARE Rodney Bewes

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I like Dan Dawson on the commentary. I've heard him on some of the European events. It's a shame jon part isn't commentating, he's probably the best there is, like his Canadian accent
MJInnocent

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

End of the group stage. Max treble bonus for The End has made a big old difference. 60 points available in tonight's final session.

You ARE Rodney Bewes

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

A nice clear font on that spreadsheet RM. No problems reading who is in the lead. :box:

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

m4rkb wrote:A nice clear font on that spreadsheet RM. No problems reading who is in the lead. :box:
Wingdings for the win!(gdings) did you win the last one? You are the only person to have won as many as 3 games.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

Rainbowmonkey wrote:
m4rkb wrote:A nice clear font on that spreadsheet RM. No problems reading who is in the lead. :box:
Wingdings for the win!(gdings) did you win the last one? You are the only person to have won as many as 3 games.
End-o won the last one according to me.

2014 Matchplay ........ Image m4rk Image henry Image gene
2014 Grand Prix ....... Image Roq Image m4rk Image sub
2014 Euro Champ ...... Image RM Image henry Image m4rk
2014 Masters ............ Image m4rk Image Ghost Image RM
2014 Grand Slam A ..... Image Holden Image Ghost Image Carlos
2014 Grand Slam B ..... Image sub Image henry Image Holden
2014 Players Champ .... Image Holden Image sub Image RM
2015 Worlds A ........... Image gene Image Ghost Image RM
2015 Worlds B ........... Image shabb Image del Image sub
2015 Premier League A .. Image Carlos Image Roq Image RM
2015 Premier League B .. Image RM Image Ghost Image Roq
2015 Matchplay .......... Image shabb Image Roq Image RM
2016 Worlds ............. Image del Image sub Image shabb
2016 Matchplay A ...... Image m4rk Image Ghost Image Carlos
2016 Matchplay B ..... Image The End Image del Image RM
You ARE Rodney Bewes

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I'll not win this now RM.

My guess that Anderson will be runner up is looking a bit wonky no. MVG apparently slept like a log last night to be at full strength today. Plus he's had his pisser pulled by Taylor again which has only sparked him up by claiming his head is in the shed.

But I'm very impressed with this tournament so far and got myself up to date with the replay ready for the live stuff today. The BEEB have definitely copied Sky to a large degree but put their own slant on it as well. All good in my book so I vote for more of this.

Ando may upset the applecart later , and certainly has the tools to do it. But picking MVG to win everything seems a sensible betting option these days so he won't be runner up IMO.

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

theleader82 wrote:I like Dan Dawson on the commentary. I've heard him on some of the European events. It's a shame jon part isn't commentating, he's probably the best there is, like his Canadian accent
I like Party too. Of the Sky darts lot, only Pyke and Harrington turn up on other channels.

Dan Dawson is improving. 'im an' Nicho on the mad old Euro Tour are fun.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Agreed.

Part is one of the top commentators but there are lots of others too. Now Nicholson looks another shoe in for the job but maybe not on Sky.

But the best? "This game is still alive"

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

m4rkb wrote:I'll not win this now RM.

My guess that Anderson will be runner up is looking a bit wonky no. MVG apparently slept like a log last night to be at full strength today. Plus he's had his pisser pulled by Taylor again which has only sparked him up by claiming his head is in the shed.

But I'm very impressed with this tournament so far and got myself up to date with the replay ready for the live stuff today. The BEEB have definitely copied Sky to a large degree but put their own slant on it as well. All good in my book so I vote for more of this.

Ando may upset the applecart later , and certainly has the tools to do it. But picking MVG to win everything seems a sensible betting option these days so he won't be runner up IMO.
personally I don't see anyone stopping Taylor given his form this weekend, so MvG/Ando are the runners-up I'd want to be on.

Just hoping for a good night, mostly, will bitch like a bitch if Philth clatters MvG again though. That shit can have consequences... Wade needs to play properly or Taylor will kick his arse and nobody wants that. Looking every inch or smaller unit of measurement a top 4 player this weekend is Widey.
You ARE Rodney Bewes

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

m4rkb wrote:But the best? "This game is still alive"
:smt091
You ARE Rodney Bewes

Rainbowmonkey
Winner - POTY 2014!!!!

Post by Rainbowmonkey »

Philth reacts to having put the 9-darter dart in the wall. Probably did it on purpose. Cunt.

You ARE Rodney Bewes

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

MVG is definitely back on form and wants this title about as much as he wants every other so I think he'll just about edge Ando; who,to his credit always says "bring me MVG" when most are saying please God, let me avoid MVG until at least the final so I can be runner up.

I didn't cop the early stages of this but regarding the commentary, has Murray been binned? AS per your piss take post with the skateboard they did seem to slyly ridicule the BDO standard so has he been ushered out of another door in favour of a more serious approach?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Comfy chair, easy feelers on and a cold cider to hand. Perfect Sunday night viewing, providing Taylor does not win.

No nightclubs for Taylor. Not needed when you've got your motorhome. :shock:

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Taylor clearly has realised he needed to up his game in the face of modern competition and has unbelievably found room to do it.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Wade from missing a double to go 2-0 up, down 8-1. Thoughts of Sammi comforting after are high in his mind now.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Carlos J wrote:Wade from missing a double to go 2-0 up, down 8-1. Thoughts of Sammi comforting after are high in his mind now.
She'll have to pull out the stops to comfort him on this performance.

Might be worth Wadey losing ten nil on most occasions.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

And lo, there she is giving polite applause in the crowd, face tight as knowing her role later.

As per many times, always think that scorer in the specs is a Wade lookalike.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Here's hoping for fireworks in the second semi and final. All gone a tad flat, Wade not on point at all.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Taylor steamrolling all in his way
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Carlos J wrote: Wade not on point at all.
He'll just have to settle for deep throat and hard anal later. He has my sympathy.
:dart:

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Money,money,money,money,money............
'I say if the flats aren't good enough for you, why don't you f... off back to Somalia' .........Jon Gaunt