RYDER CUP

Anything sportlike
Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Re: RYDER CUP

Post by Steve Hunt »

lasharoo wrote: What takes you to Washington Bruv, some hush hush, high level business stuff along Pennsylvania Avenue or are you on a jolly up with the gang from the ratepayers? :)
Knowing Ol' Pet, my guess would be:

If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Basualdo wrote:
Petingo wrote:I have been in the States the last couple of days and sommat which I have often suspected has been confirmed in my mind.

Outside the golfing community no one over here gives a toss about the Ryder Cup as far as I can see and I have heard no bugger talking about it and have yet to see any of it on TV.

Here in DC both the Nationals and the Redskins were at home today and that was the only sport I saw on any TV in bars I passed by or was in :o
Just like nobody gave a shit about it here until they had to rope in some Spaniards and the odd Kraut, Frog or Viking and started winning it. A couple more Team Yoo Ess Ayy wins and it will again go from the World Cup with sticks to the equivilant of Ryman League Under 15s.
"European" Ryder Cup fans - i.e. British Isles ones, are no better or classier than their much reviled Yank counterparts. In fact the American ones seem a liitle more honest in their emotions and dont cower behind sneering and undeserved self regard, eh Mr Willets?

Yay..... :)
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

lasharoo wrote:
Petingo wrote:I have been in the States the last couple of days and sommat which I have often suspected has been confirmed in my mind.

Outside the golfing community no one over here gives a toss about the Ryder Cup as far as I can see and I have heard no bugger talking about it and have yet to see any of it on TV.

Here in DC both the Nationals and the Redskins were at home today and that was the only sport I saw on any TV in bars I passed by or was in :o
What takes you to Washington Bruv, some hush hush, high level business stuff along Pennsylvania Avenue or are you on a jolly up with the gang from the ratepayers? :)

I would love to tell you Bruv, I really would.

But if I did I would have to kill you :(
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Basualdo wrote:

Just like nobody gave a shit about it here until they had to rope in some Spaniards and the odd Kraut, Frog or Viking and started winning it. A couple more Team Yoo Ess Ayy wins and it will again go from the World Cup with sticks to the equivilant of Ryman League Under 15s.
"European" Ryder Cup fans - i.e. British Isles ones, are no better or classier than their much reviled Yank counterparts. In fact the American ones seem a liitle more honest in their emotions and dont cower behind sneering and undeserved self regard, eh Mr Willets?
At the end of the day they are all golf fans - or arseholes, to use the correct term.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Steve Hunt wrote:
lasharoo wrote: What takes you to Washington Bruv, some hush hush, high level business stuff along Pennsylvania Avenue or are you on a jolly up with the gang from the ratepayers? :)
Knowing Ol' Pet, my guess would be:

Grrrrrrrrr.... :x

:box:

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Reg wrote:
Basualdo wrote:

At the end of the day they are all golf fans - or arseholes, to use the correct term.
I do believe you're right.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

GET IN THE BIN!
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Petingo wrote:
lasharoo wrote:

What takes you to Washington Bruv, some hush hush, high level business stuff along Pennsylvania Avenue or are you on a jolly up with the gang from the ratepayers? :)

Nuff said amigo :wink:

"taps nose"
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

lasharoo wrote:
Petingo wrote:
lasharoo wrote:

Nuff said amigo :wink:

"taps nose"
:wink:

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

What the purpose of a orange ball, a yellow one and a white one? Golf question.

subsub

Post by subsub »

ccreds wrote:What the purpose of a orange ball, a yellow one and a white one? Golf question.
Visibility. Some believe that yellow/orange easier to find in the rough etc
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

ccreds wrote:What the purpose of a orange ball, a yellow one and a white one? Golf question.
They're trying to make golf 'cool' with the kids. As if golf isn't cool enough.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...