No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: Oscar Pistorius shoots his girlfriend dead

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

I never kiss n tell
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

birdie

Post by birdie »

Did anyone watch any of the so called sentencing this morning?

I find it incredible that anyone can say that an appropriate sentence would be 3 years of supervision coupled with 16 hours a month of community service (split between 2 8 hour sessions), bloody hell, what sort of a sentence is that for shooting someone sitting on the khasi?

For a moment I thought that the probation officer advocating this punishment was mixing up shooting someone dead with discharging a gun in a public place ( the restaurant), but no, that was what he thought was appropriate. Going by these guideline Diwani should get off scot free.
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

Post by Glazed Earthenware Horse »

birdie wrote:Did anyone watch any of the so called sentencing this morning?

I find it incredible that anyone can say that an appropriate sentence would be 3 years of supervision coupled with 16 hours a month of community service (split between 2 8 hour sessions), bloody hell, what sort of a sentence is that for shooting someone sitting on the khasi?

For a moment I thought that the probation officer advocating this punishment was mixing up shooting someone dead with discharging a gun in a public place ( the restaurant), but no, that was what he thought was appropriate. Going by these guideline Diwani should get off scot free.
It's a fix. The entire trial has been farcical. For starters he should have been remanded in custody. Pathetic excuse of a justice system.
Talkforum's Official Crazy Larger than life Character!

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

It is a disgrace. How dare they continue to harangue poor Oscar

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

TGOAH 15K wrote:It is a disgrace. How dare they continue to harangue poor Oscar
+1 he has no legs ffs.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Glazed Earthenware Horse wrote:
birdie wrote:Did anyone watch any of the so called sentencing this morning?

It's a fix. The entire trial has been farcical. For starters he should have been remanded in custody. Pathetic excuse of a justice system.

You're not wrong there, Glazed, it certainly seems a very lenient punishment to recommend, the probation officer said Pistorius would be sweeping the museum floor, flipping eck, how big IS this museum that it takes 8 hours to sweep the floor?

He'd be free to commence his athletic training, but I couldn't understand how he would be able to compete if he was under a form of house arrest.

birdie

Post by birdie »

carcinogen wrote:
TGOAH 15K wrote:It is a disgrace. How dare they continue to harangue poor Oscar
+1 he has no legs ffs.
Don't forget that he has lost the love of his life.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The probation service is another organisation packed to the rafters with limp minded do-gooding cunts. It has no place whatsoever in serious crime.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

birdie

Post by birdie »

Zambo wrote:The probation service is another organisation packed to the rafters with limp minded do-gooding cunts. It has no place whatsoever in serious crime.

I take it you are referring to the system in SW Africa (an area which, I believe, you know well), but I reckon it's not that different here either, some iof the decisions you read about in the newspapers make the mind boggle.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Zambo wrote:The probation service is another organisation packed to the rafters with limp minded do-gooding cunts. It has no place whatsoever in serious crime.
Good Lord
Are there no limits to your knowledge of judicial systems? First the UK, now South Africa.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

birdie

Post by birdie »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Good Lord
Are there no limits to your knowledge of judicial systems? First the UK, now South Africa.
Im sure Zambo won't mind my mentioning it, but he IS from that part of othe world, hence, 'Zambo'

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

birdie wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Good Lord
Im sure Zambo won't mind my mentioning it, but he IS from that part of othe world, hence, 'Zambo'
Yep, my mom was a basket weaver in Lusaka.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Good Lord
Who mentioned South Africa?

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Zambo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Good Lord
I dont know though based on whats happened inthis particular case, id have thought it was a pretty well educated guess.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Basualdo wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Good Lord
I dont know though based on whats happened inthis particular case, id have thought it was a pretty well educated guess.
If I meant just in SA I'd have said so. The probation Service as in global. All fucking Lord Longfords

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

I don't think he's a danger to society. I think he's a arrogant short-tempered insecure cunt. But he doesn't deserve prison time given the verdict. Chances are he'll do an OJ and stew in his own juice (no OJ pun intended) and end up fucking himself up somehow. He looks the type.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

He wants to continue his sports career. Laughable. He's gonna get booed into oblivion where ever he goes, and that is gonna seriously piss him off. I predict he'll shoot another munter, or maybe even open fire on an opponent or even the spectators. This is a nut job who opened fire in a crowded restaurant remember.

No longer the Bridesmaid

He should get a knighthood

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

TGOAH 15K wrote:He should get a knighthood

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

carcinogen wrote:I don't think he's a danger to society. I think he's a arrogant short-tempered insecure cunt. But he doesn't deserve prison time given the verdict. Chances are he'll do an OJ and stew in his own juice (no OJ pun intended) and end up fucking himself up somehow. He looks the type.
I think he's a very real danger to society. He has obviously got a temper and when he loses it he has fired a gun several times. As for not deserving prison time, I'd say a guilty verdict of manslaughter deserves a lengthy one.

No longer the Bridesmaid

He should be beheaded

birdie

Post by birdie »

Glazed Earthenware Horse wrote:He wants to continue his sports career. Laughable. He's gonna get booed into oblivion where ever he goes, and that is gonna seriously piss him off. I predict he'll shoot another munter, or maybe even open fire on an opponent or even the spectators. This is a nut job who opened fire in a crowded restaurant remember.
That's all well and good, but if he gets a supervision order, like the probation officer said he should, it's virtually house arrest, so how can he compete? Unless it's in his own garden , which, having disposed of his assets, he doesn't have.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Zambo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:I don't think he's a danger to society. I think he's a arrogant short-tempered insecure cunt. But he doesn't deserve prison time given the verdict. Chances are he'll do an OJ and stew in his own juice (no OJ pun intended) and end up fucking himself up somehow. He looks the type.
I think he's a very real danger to society. He has obviously got a temper and when he loses it he has fired a gun several times. As for not deserving prison time, I'd say a guilty verdict of manslaughter deserves a lengthy one.

Especially in a crowded restaurant.