Oscar Pistorius shoots his girlfriend dead

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Thursty

Re: Oscar Pistorius shoots his girlfriend dead

Post by Thursty »

Zambo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:I don't think he's a danger to society. I think he's a arrogant short-tempered insecure cunt. But he doesn't deserve prison time given the verdict. Chances are he'll do an OJ and stew in his own juice (no OJ pun intended) and end up fucking himself up somehow. He looks the type.
I think he's a very real danger to society. He has obviously got a temper and when he loses it he has fired a gun several times. As for not deserving prison time, I'd say a guilty verdict of manslaughter deserves a lengthy one.
Would you like a bet on whether he kills or attacks anyone in the next couple of months?
the smoke gets in your eyes
run the exhaust back inside
close the window and take a ride
i've got a place to go
there's nowhere to hide

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

So people should be let off manslaughter because they probably won't do it again.

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

TGOAH 15K wrote:He should get a knighthood
Getting down on one knee shouldn't be a problem.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

TGOAH 15K wrote:He should be beheaded
:lol: :lol:
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

NorthBank

Post by NorthBank »

The prosecution and defence can argue all they like, M'Lady has already decided to give Greedo an easy ride with sentencing. I wouldn't be surprised if today's ludicrous proposition of him getting house arrest and community service is what he actually gets. Then M'Lady rides off into the retirement sunset to write her new book My Story: The Trial of Oscar Pistorious From the Bribed Perspective.

birdie

Post by birdie »

NorthBank wrote:The prosecution and defence can argue all they like, M'Lady has already decided to give Greedo an easy ride with sentencing. I wouldn't be surprised if today's ludicrous proposition of him getting house arrest and community service is what he actually gets. Then M'Lady rides off into the retirement sunset to write her new book My Story: The Trial of Oscar Pistorious From the Bribed Perspective.

If he doesn't get some jail time instead of a supervision order the prosecution will certainly appeal (I'm assuming that is an option in SA), the prosecution certainly took a dim view of Pistorius' 'personal psychologist', and wasn't too impressed with the probation services idea of a supervision order and community service, bloody hell, it isn't even as if he'd have to do it two or three times a week, twice a month, what a joke.
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Thursty wrote:
Zambo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:I don't think he's a danger to society. I think he's a arrogant short-tempered insecure cunt. But he doesn't deserve prison time given the verdict. Chances are he'll do an OJ and stew in his own juice (no OJ pun intended) and end up fucking himself up somehow. He looks the type.
I think he's a very real danger to society. He has obviously got a temper and when he loses it he has fired a gun several times. As for not deserving prison time, I'd say a guilty verdict of manslaughter deserves a lengthy one.
Would you like a bet on whether he kills or attacks anyone in the next couple of months?
On what odds? If there is one chance in a million that he is a danger to the public he should be locked up. Someone who fires a gun like that in an obvious temper, is a risk to society.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Don't send him to jail or he'll get bummed seemed to be the gist of today's proceedings.

Rather alarmingly a probation officer was recommending that he do no time :shock:
A joyless arsehole

birdie

Post by birdie »

shabbado wrote:Don't send him to jail or he'll get bummed seemed to be the gist of today's proceedings.

Rather alarmingly a probation officer was recommending that he do no time :shock:
Yes, but don't forget that she was commissioned by the defence, she said that she was practicing privately so it's unlikey that she would draft a report advocating jail time for her client, Pistorius. I didn't get to listen this afternoon, but it surprised me that Nels didn't make more of the drugs, violence and rape danger Pistorius would, not might, be subject to, wouldn't that be the same for any other inmate? Her main objection was that the facilities weren't compatible with an amputee, she seemed to think that his prosthetic legs would be permanently taken away, a rather odd assertion I thought.

NorthBank

Post by NorthBank »

Pistorious offered 21k to the Steenkamp family, which they refused but then they did accept payments of £341 from him every month since the murder? I don't quite understand this. It's as baffling a proposition as someone claiming they shot their girlfriend while she was in the shitter because they thought she was a burglar who wanted to rob some bog roll. Now after the charade of the verdict, we have a bunch of clueless civil servants turning up in court to recommend that a fitting punishment would be for Pistorious to sweep up in a Museum for 16 hours a month and live at his Uncle's plush penthouse for 3 years.

A truly bizarre trial. The only fitting end to this circus would be for Pistorious to "accidentally" blow M'Lady's head off, then Harvey Keitel turns up in court in a tuxedo: "I'm Winston Wolfe, I fix problems".

birdie

Post by birdie »

NorthBank wrote:Pistorious offered 21k to the Steenkamp family, which they refused but then they did accept payments of £341 from him every month since the murder? I don't quite understand this. It's as baffling a proposition as someone claiming they shot their girlfriend while she was in the shitter because they thought she was a burglar who wanted to rob some bog roll. Now after the charade of the verdict, we have a bunch of clueless civil servants turning up in court to recommend that a fitting punishment would be for Pistorious to sweep up in a Museum for 16 hours a month and live at his Uncle's plush penthouse for 3 years.

A truly bizarre trial. The only fitting end to this circus would be for Pistorious to "accidentally" blow M'Lady's head off, then Harvey Keitel turns up in court in a tuxedo: "I'm Winston Wolfe, I fix problems".
I think the parents were being financially supported by their daughter and when she died found themselves in a bit of a sticky position financially, but why Pistorius would help them out is a little puzzling, they are now saying that they will repay every cent and Pistorius is saying he doesn't want it back, I think that it was something to do with the Steenkamps proposed civil action, the whole thing is very puzzling, I can't make out who spilled the beans about the payment, and if they are so hard up how are they going to repay it.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

NorthBank wrote:Pistorious offered 21k to the Steenkamp family, which they refused but then they did accept payments of £341 from him every month since the murder? I don't quite understand this. It's as baffling a proposition as someone claiming they shot their girlfriend while she was in the shitter because they thought she was a burglar who wanted to rob some bog roll. Now after the charade of the verdict, we have a bunch of clueless civil servants turning up in court to recommend that a fitting punishment would be for Pistorious to sweep up in a Museum for 16 hours a month and live at his Uncle's plush penthouse for 3 years.

Fucken fair play to you Northy I just spat out me werthers tbf
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

birdie

Post by birdie »

Verdict been changed to murder, faces minimum of 15 years in chokey you.

correct decision?

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

birdie wrote:Verdict been changed to murder, faces minimum of 15 years in chokey you.

correct decision?
Yeah - I think so
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

birdie

Post by birdie »

Steve Hunt wrote:
birdie wrote:Verdict been changed to murder, faces minimum of 15 years in chokey you.

correct decision?
Yeah - I think so
When he goes back to prison ( I don't think the authorities will allow him to,remain under so called house arrest), do you suppose he will remain the hospital wing or go into the main system?

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

birdie wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

correct decision?
Yeah - I think so
When he goes back to prison ( I don't think the authorities will allow him to,remain under so called house arrest), do you suppose he will remain the hospital wing or go into the main system?
I'd imagine he will be treated the same as any other prisoner, birdie.

And rightly so. If he's fit enough to run around a track and win gold medals, he's ft enough to serve his time like everyone else.

ENIC OUT

lv

Post by lv »

correct decision?
For me yes, and out of the blue

With my limited knowledge of this case it's hard not to imagine a domestic taking place and him losing the plot and slotting her

For example in my head if i had a gun i would want to see the target before unloading through a door so i knew i'd got them. Then again i have two functioning legs.

Pre meditated murder No, Spur of the moment murder Yes
"If there's anything more important than my ego around here, I want it caught and shot now."

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

correct decision?
No question about it imo. Let him rot

paolo

Post by paolo »

Shame they couldn't nail shrien dewani
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Amazed! And pleased! From the BBC, it all seems to make good sense to me. He's FUCKED. Maybe literally, in the showers.

Reading the unanimous ruling reached by the five judges, Justice Eric Leach said that having armed himself with a high-calibre weapon, Pistorius must have foreseen that whoever was behind the door might die, especially given his firearms training.

"As a matter of common sense at the time the fatal shots were fired, the possibility of the death of the person behind the door was clearly an obvious result," the judge said.

"And in firing not one but four shots, such a result became even more likely."

Pistorius always maintained that he believed there was an intruder in the house but the judge said that the identity of the person behind the door was "irrelevant to his guilt".

Justice Leach compared it to someone setting off a bomb in a public place not knowing who the victims might be.

The judge said that when Oscar Pistorius decided to fire four shots through a closed toilet door, he had gambled with a person's life - whoever that was.

Under South African law you cannot just shoot - you first need to determine that the threat to your life is real and that there is no other way to eliminate that threat but to shoot.

The judge also rejected the argument that Pistorius had acted in self-defence.

He said that the athlete's life was not in danger at the time of the shooting, as Pistorius did not know who was behind the door or if they posed a threat.

The judge added that Pistorius did "not take that most elementary precaution of firing a warning shot".
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Masipa should be struck off or whatever they call getting shot of shit judges in SA

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Zambo wrote:Masipa should be struck off or whatever they call getting shot of shit judges in SA
Would you bend her over?
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Zambo wrote:Masipa should be struck off or whatever they call getting shot of shit judges in SA
Didn't she retire after the Pistorius trial? I thought it was her last performance, so to speak, I don't think you can strike off someone who has retired.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

birdie wrote:
Didn't she retire after the Pistorius trial? I thought it was her last performance, so to speak, I don't think you can strike off someone who has retired.
Charge her then for perverting the course of justice.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Zambo wrote:
birdie wrote:
Charge her then for perverting the course of justice.

If we applied that rule to some of the ludicrous judgements made in the UK, we would have no judges able to work

ENIC OUT