Oscar Pistorius shoots his girlfriend dead

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Zambo

Re: Oscar Pistorius shoots his girlfriend dead

Post by Zambo »

Apparently he was vulnerable on his stumps whatever that means. Also I believe that they believed he thought there was an intruder, and then he tried to save her life, and of course he was sorry.

Al a load of bollocks.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:Apparently he was vulnerable on his stumps whatever that means. Also I believe that they believed he thought there was an intruder, and then he tried to save her life, and of course he was sorry.

Al a load of bollocks.
Absolutely. He's guilty as hell, and should have got a much longer sentence.
He's only going to serve two years, isn't he? (one-third of the actual sentence). Madness.
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

birdie

Post by birdie »

Zambo wrote:Apparently he was vulnerable on his stumps whatever that means. Also I believe that they believed he thought there was an intruder, and then he tried to save her life, and of course he was sorry.

Al a load of bollocks.
It means that old Judgey was taken in by the theatrics, (as she was meant to) and decided that even the minimum was too long so rewrote the rules and gave him 6 years for killing someone, about the same as, I hazard a guess, a black bloke from the township,would have got for firing a gun in a restaurant.

I still want to know why, if he thought there was an intruder, he didn't make sure the girlfriend, who was supposed to be in bed with hm, was safe instead of stumping off and shooting through the lavvy door.
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Reg

Post by Reg »

Saw this thread title appear and thought he'd "went" and done it again. :o
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

birdie wrote:

Al a load of bollocks.
It means that old Judgey was taken in by the theatrics, (as she was meant to) and decided that even the minimum was too long so rewrote the rules and gave him 6 years for killing someone, about the same as, I hazard a guess, a black bloke from the township,would have got for firing a gun in a restaurant.

I still want to know why, if he thought there was an intruder, he didn't make sure the girlfriend, who was supposed to be in bed with hm, was safe instead of stumping off and shooting through the lavvy door.
Last point is a very good one from which I did personally conclude guilt Birdie.
However, that's not really evidence, and despite my opinion I can't see that a safe conviction would be possible.
In answer to SAMs question, the fact that he felt vulnerable on his stumps goes to the question of why he shot first and whether he was genuinely in fear at the material time.
Bottom line is that whatever we THINK happened , he's the only living witness to these events, and unless we can prove his evidence to be incorrect, ( which we can't ), then we must give him the benefit of the doubt and acquit.

They appear to have a system where a single judge decides without the input of a jury, whether or not they believe the accused's story, as opposed to whether it can be proved one way or the other , which is the basis of an amusing tv show with Lee Mack and Rob Bryden or a debate in the pub rather than a sound and just legal verdict.

Not that I give a rats arse really. I'd guess there are 15 cases in the states now running the " I shot by mistake " defence, so it's not legally ground breaking. There are also plenty of third world Kangaroo Courts convicting people on guesswork every day, so I don't understand or share the media interest in this one.
Since someone raised the whole boring saga though, that's the plain truth of the matter
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

News to cheer Oscar up, he's lost his 200m world record.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Oscar is now in a jail suitable for non violent criminals. Shooting someone several times is obvious without violence then.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... g-him.html

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I think it probably means that they're not violent at the moment.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

His girlfriend ended up shot to doll rags after a screaming row all the neighbours heard .
Thatl do fer me Git a rope boys
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Royal24s wrote:I think it probably means that they're not violent at the moment.
Bit of a risk if you ask me, particularly looking at those who escape from open prisons over here, and warnings are issued that they are an acute danger to the public.