Free Rodney Reed

Hillman avenger

Re: Obama in the Bunker

Post by Hillman avenger »

m4rkb wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
m4rkb wrote:It's amazing how certain industries can be just created out of thin air, and the climate change industry is one. As a small but relevant example, in the UK they did it with the training industry where no one seems to be qualified to tie their own show laces without going on a course. It spurned costs, lecturers jobs , training councils offical bodies , the whole lot. In the old days you learned all this on the job with a decent employer.

There's certainly a large degree of this in my view over climate as the world has been well capable of absorbing and dealing with more CO2 in the centuries before fossil fuels were ever used. The taxes are what they wanted from all of this and nothing more.

You uttterly fail to understand.

The claim that climate change yields volume tax revenues simply is not true. And defies logic.A truly cunning politician would do nothing of the kind.

As for your other points...bollocks. Have a look at how deaths and serious injuries at work have fallen over the last twenty years. Try telling us that this is merely coincidence.
I wasn't necessarily referring to H&S legislation I was referring to the avalanche of stupidity where no one is allowed to do multiply jobs well these days and needs to be trained for endless different ones as well as countless refresher courses. As an affiliate to the building industry being taught how to lean a ladder against a wall being one case in point. You can of course go on a ladder course for around hundred and fifty quid. In the old days common sense took care of this but since Blair's training and education revolution you now need to go to college to study it. As I say, I'm waiting for the day they introduce a certificate for tying your boot laces just in case they come undone and someone falls over.

No doubt there are people in the "HS" industry who make a meal of it, just as there are in the diversity field you bang on about so much. Nothing to do with Blair- the act was passed in the 70s. Although there have been massive improvements in safety there are still horrendous cases that reveal managerial neglect or cynicism. "Common sense" wasn;t enough. If we had relied on common sense we would still have 40% plus of people in cars unbelted...God knows we waited 20 years to see if people would work it out for themselves.

Can you read? I said I wasn't necessarily referring to H&S but you launched back into it as though I said it was :rolleyes:

Chips in windscreens now have you believe the driver is almost blind unless he gets it repaired.
No. It's because a small chip can lead to the whole screen shattering at speed, which is pretty horrendous.

I've had loads of cracks in windscreens and none of them have imploded. they're made of laminated glass anyway so that's be rules out. they may run and spider bit but nothing more. They claim you can't see if the chip is in your field of vision but that's just pure bollocks, you focus straight past it and don't even see the chip. Though at £500 a pop it did manage to sell an awful lot more windscreens unnecessarily.

What a load of bollocks which has all been dreamed up to artificially boost turnover of windscreens and the Vat on them. Royals mentioned a couple of months back the cost of building a house due to ridiculous rules and regulations. He was right.
No he wasn't.

I'm afraid he was , much to your disappointment

The climate industry is exactly that - a manufactured industry. That said, I have no objection to a clean environment but your solar panels and home wind turbines are more useful offsetting the cost of profit driven energy companies.
Can you explain how that would work?
Yes. The solar panels generate power you don't have to pay for through some foreign owned utilities company. They will do precisely fuck all for the environment while China erects two coal fired mega stations per week. Even if they built none I'd say the same.
]The crack repairs cost about £90. That's why your insurance company wants you to get it done. Nobody is suggesting replacing a windscreen with just a chip in it. That's also why most insurers dont expect you to pay any excess or record a claim. Why do you not understand that? If you drove much with a chipped screen more fool you. And if it shatters you are likely to lose 80-90% of your forward view.
There are NO rules and regulations about getting a chipped windcreen repaired or replaced unless it already obscures your view.
As for the solar issue, maybe I should explain, as you clearly don't know how that works.If you have home solar panels ( home turbines are pretty rare) they provide power to the domestic set-up first, and then any excess goes to the grid. So insofar as that happens, the power company loses the revenue it would have got had they supplied that power.
OK?

[/b]
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Well I gave someone a tow a couple of months back and the end came off the metal tow rope, flew back and bladdered the windscreen - It was still ok enough to drive safely. You do not lose 90% of your vision from the wind cracking it at speed, whoever told you that must have taken you for a right fucking mug. And chips DO NOT obscure your view. It's bollocks.

And thanks for the lesson on how solar panels work. As a fully qualified spark for over 25 years you've really taught me something.

Hillman avenger

Royal24s wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
m4rkb wrote:It's amazing how certain industries can be just created out of thin air, and the climate change industry is one. As a small but relevant example, in the UK they did it with the training industry where no one seems to be qualified to tie their own show laces without going on a course. It spurned costs, lecturers jobs , training councils offical bodies , the whole lot. In the old days you learned all this on the job with a decent employer.

There's certainly a large degree of this in my view over climate as the world has been well capable of absorbing and dealing with more CO2 in the centuries before fossil fuels were ever used. The taxes are what they wanted from all of this and nothing more.

You uttterly fail to understand.

The claim that climate change yields volume tax revenues simply is not true. And defies logic.A truly cunning politician would do nothing of the kind.

As for your other points...bollocks. Have a look at how deaths and serious injuries at work have fallen over the last twenty years. Try telling us that this is merely coincidence.
I wasn't necessarily referring to H&S legislation I was referring to the avalanche of stupidity where no one is allowed to do multiply jobs well these days and needs to be trained for endless different ones as well as countless refresher courses. As an affiliate to the building industry being taught how to lean a ladder against a wall being one case in point. You can of course go on a ladder course for around hundred and fifty quid. In the old days common sense took care of this but since Blair's training and education revolution you now need to go to college to study it. As I say, I'm waiting for the day they introduce a certificate for tying your boot laces just in case they come undone and someone falls over.

No doubt there are people in the "HS" industry who make a meal of it, just as there are in the diversity field you bang on about so much. Nothing to do with Blair- the act was passed in the 70s. Although there have been massive improvements in safety there are still horrendous cases that reveal managerial neglect or cynicism. "Common sense" wasn;t enough. If we had relied on common sense we would still have 40% plus of people in cars unbelted...God knows we waited 20 years to see if people would work it out for themselves.

Chips in windscreens now have you believe the driver is almost blind unless he gets it repaired.
No. It's because a small chip can lead to the whole screen shattering at speed, which is pretty horrendous.

What a load of bollocks which has all been dreamed up to artificially boost turnover of windscreens and the Vat on them. Royals mentioned a couple of months back the cost of building a house due to ridiculous rules and regulations. He was right.
No he wasn't.

The climate industry is exactly that - a manufactured industry. That said, I have no objection to a clean environment but your solar panels and home wind turbines are more useful offsetting the cost of profit driven energy companies.
Can you explain how that would work?

Hillman. Everyone's been trying to let you win after your pathetic post in which you practically threatened self harm if you didn't get your own way, but it's wearing thin now.
All this bollocks about people " utterly failing to understand" is so bloody rude.
Other than agreeing entirely with MK , what I said about building houses was completely correct. Tell me the figures which you dispute it on.
Funnily enough I know a quantity surveyor for a house building company.
Your post about that made me ask him about what composes the cost of a typical new home.
It's an average which will vary by region and house but it was of this order
Planning costs 5%
Professional fees ( surveyor, legal,etc)5%
Cost of land 5=10%
Supply and connection of utilities 5-10%
Materials 25%
Labour 25%
Infrastructure ( eg roads, landscaping) 10%
Marketing 5%
NHBC registration 1-2%
Misc 5%
The cost of complying with building regs is insignificant. In fact he said if you didn't you wouldn't get NHBC or a positive surveyors' report. There are no building regs re contruction, drainage, ventilation, insulation, electrical that he thought a decent builder would not do anyway, but that if you didn't have that system people would not have the confidence to buy. Yes some inspectors are tedious but that's about all.

paolo

Post by paolo »

The ramblings of s mad man, my hillman

Putin just announced no retaliation for the latest Obama debacle

Another great play
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Hillman avenger

m4rkb wrote:Well I gave someone a tow a couple of months back and the end came off the metal tow rope, flew back and bladdered the windscreen - It was still ok enough to drive safely. You do not lose 90% of your vision from the wind cracking it at speed, whoever told you that must have taken you for a right fucking mug. And chips DO NOT obscure your view. It's bollocks.

And thanks for the lesson on how solar panels work. As a fully qualified spark for over 25 years you've really taught me something.
When you have a chip or crack in your windscreen, even if it is not in your line of vision, there are also microcracks which are invisible to the naked eye.
The visibly damaged part is like the centre of a star. It will then at some point lead to the entire windscreen cracking.

What will cause the complete break is not only wind resistance. It also depends on temperature. When the complete failure happens it is a combination of factors and the fact that the vehicle flexes as it moves.

Windscreens on modern cars are thinner that they used to be.

A chip in your field of vision is an MOT fail.

But what puzzles me is your objection. No-one is trying to flog windscreens. On the contrary they are trying to prevent the need to replace them!

Re the solar panels. I didn't tell you how they worked, I told you what happens to the money. So my question still stands- if you understand how the supply from solar panels is routed, which reduces power companies income, explain how else it could be done?

It always seems to me that you are looking for something to get angry about and you jump in on stuff where you haven't thought it through.
Last edited by Hillman avenger on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hillman avenger

paolo wrote:The ramblings of s mad man, my hillman

Another great play
Do tell us in your great wisdom what Obama SHOULD have done.

Or perhaps you think it's OK to allow another power to interfere in your democratic process and you just let it go?

And you think Trump will handle Putin better. God help us.

Hillman avenger

Roy Twing wrote:As I'm fed up of saying, - even if climate change is exacerbated by human activity, it is an exercise in futility and stupidity for us to be making any efforts as long as the 'developing world' increases its carbon emissions at the current rate.
Roy

There have been many posts here over the years about you objecting to implied or explicit comment that you are a racist.

Do you ever wonder why people might think that?

Here we are in the middle of a debate about climate change and you make the point about "Why should we if they don't?" ..they being "the developing nations". A point you have made many times (BTW, the answer could be because we can AFFORD to).

Then look at your contribution to other topics...

Child grooming- on and on about "muslims". No comments about the victims, the offences, and the rest.
EU- all about immigration, always.
And so on...

The person you present on here - if it reflects the real you- is obsessed by , quite frankly, anything that's not white and British.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Hillman avenger wrote:Do tell us in your great wisdom what Obama SHOULD have done.
Just stay on the golf course until January 19th. It's all he's good for .
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Hillman avenger wrote:
m4rkb wrote:Well I gave someone a tow a couple of months back and the end came off the metal tow rope, flew back and bladdered the windscreen - It was still ok enough to drive safely. You do not lose 90% of your vision from the wind cracking it at speed, whoever told you that must have taken you for a right fucking mug. And chips DO NOT obscure your view. It's bollocks.

When you have a chip or crack in your windscreen, even if it is not in your line of vision, there are also microcracks which are invisible to the naked eye.
The visibly damaged part is like the centre of a star. It will then at some point lead to the entire windscreen cracking.
No it won't. It'll run, and the run is almost certainly only on the one side of the laminate. If you've any knowledge of how to cut laminated glass you need to cut it on both sides in the same place otherwise it'll retain most of its strength through the PVB layer. It will weaken in very hot weather but what you describe is utter cock - like most things you describe. :)

What will cause the complete break is not only wind resistance. It also depends on temperature. When the complete failure happens it is a combination of factors and the fact that the vehicle flexes as it moves.

They used to be made of standard glass, then toughened glass now laminated glass. they are domed outwards too which makes them stronger - like any arched structure is stronger.

I know, but the point I'm making is it's an unnecessary fail. It does not affect your vision of the road one iota unless you're Mr Magoo in the first place.

But what puzzles me is your objection. No-one is trying to flog windscreens. On the contrary they are trying to prevent the need to replace them!

Yes they are. And at around £500 quid a throw the VAT on them in such obligatory circumstances is quite substantial. And you only get one repair per policy or less, so any further repairs are from your own pocket or via a claim.

Re the solar panels. I didn't tell you how they worked, I told you what happens to the money. So my question still stands- if you understand how the supply from solar panels is routed, which reduces power companies income, explain how else it could be done?

I'm not sure what you're asking here. I'm saying they save you the cost of paying greedy utility companies, and I know the excess is fed into the grid. I totally refute they do anything for the environment when other counties are spewing out co2 by the shitload. Not only that but the environment can cope as earth's history has proven many times over.

It always seems to me that you are looking for something to get angry about and you jump in on stuff where you haven't thought it through.

Actually I'm hardly ever angry when I'm on here. I'm usually having a good chuckle to myself at some of the stupidity I ready but mostly at the way people like you really do get wound up by comments.

Happy New Year by the way. :D

Hillman avenger

m4rkb wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:

No it won't. It'll run, and the run is almost certainly only on the one side of the laminate. If you've any knowledge of how to cut laminated glass you need to cut it on both sides in the same place otherwise it'll retain most of its strength through the PVB layer. It will weaken in very hot weather but what you describe is utter cock - like most things you describe. :)
Yes I know what laminated glass is. We are talking about the outer layer. It is very unlikely to shatter through all 3 layers but if the outer layer shatters it will still stop you seeining anything. And ths happens in cold weather too, and in circumstances where the external temperature and the temperature inside are widely different.

They used to be made of standard glass, then toughened glass now laminated glass. they are domed outwards too which makes them stronger - like any arched structure is stronger.

I know, but the point I'm making is it's an unnecessary fail. It does not affect your vision of the road one iota unless you're Mr Magoo in the first place.

Yes they are. And at around £500 quid a throw the VAT on them in such obligatory circumstances is quite substantial. And you only get one repair per policy or less, so any further repairs are from your own pocket or via a claim.

Again I ask- who is requiring you to get a new windscreen?When you need one you will have no choice. The whole reasoning behind the chip repair is to minimise the NEED to get a new screen.

I'm not sure what you're asking here. I'm saying they save you the cost of paying greedy utility companies, and I know the excess is fed into the grid. I totally refute they do anything for the environment when other counties are spewing out co2 by the shitload. Not only that but the environment can cope as earth's history has proven many times over.
Your point was about their profits, which I agree are excessive in relation to the risk they run. And it's true that solar panels make a marginal contribution. But to do nothing, when we have a choice, is the kind of selfish thinking that gets us into the shit in the frst place. The biggest problem is the peaks and troughs in our consumption, which makes the intelligent use of efficient energy generation very difficult. I think in the future we will increasingly have schemes where businesses reduce consumption at peak times , controlled centrally ( this is already happening) and devices in the home like freezers which run when the grid finds a trough in demand.

Actually I'm hardly ever angry when I'm on here. I'm usually having a good chuckle to myself at some of the stupidity I ready but mostly at the way people like you really do get wound up by comments.

Happy New Year by the way. :D

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Like hard-drives , solar panels also have a limited life-span or at least reduced effectiveness and eventually require replacement .
They are not going to give optimum performance in perpetuity.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

Hillman avenger

AlcoholBrazil wrote:Like hard-drives , solar panels also have a limited life-span or at least reduced effectiveness and eventually require replacement .
They are not going to give optimum performance in perpetuity.
Correct

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Royal24s wrote:T
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.
Barrack Hussein Obama , who has " Holidays" rather than Christmas, has been working hard with his team of demonic gnomes to do as much damage as possible in the last few weeks of his wretched term of office.
His ugly wife has been helping, appearing on Oprah to tell the nation that all hope is ended by the departure of their strange family and the democrats from power.
Meantime, history's most ineffective president has been at it again with his pen and his telephone vainly trying to prevent future oil and coal production, protect the climate change myth and rush as many illegal immigrants, cartel members and jihadists into the country before he's physically removed from the White House in a few weeks.
It's really quite pathetic , isn't it ? This week has been the worst , starting off with his " I could have been a contender" drivel about how he'd have beaten Donald Trump if he'd been running, then culminating in his infamous open attack upon Israel.
At least we can now see his real agenda quite clearly. Fortunately his gradual stealthy advancement of Islam and globalism at the expense of everything good and wholesome in the world has been abruptly halted by the electorate, and the shock to his ego and ill founded faith in the wrong side has caused the mask to slip right off.
He couldn't have saved his evil agenda whatever he did, but he could have saved his dignity and left office in a seemly way . It seems that all tyrants and liars behave in the same way when they're eventually caught out though , and his final desperate snarling spite attack will be what is remembered about him by history, unlike his horrible destructive policies which, having been cheated past the law by means of endless Executive Orders, will be immediately scattered to the winds in the same manner.

Can he achieve anything at all with these last minute negative tantrums, and what will be his historic legacy ?
One's legacy can only be judged sometime after their tenure as leader, to determine the long term effects of things that they have done.

Obama's legacy will, I predict, be more ceremonial/emotional than material. The positives are: pissing off every redneck the word lover, the gay marriage legislation nation-wide, Obamacare, detente with Cuba and Iran. Pulling out of (well temporarily anyway) Iraq.

His failures? Libya, Syria, failing to over come Republican filibusters, the continued use of Guantanamo Bay as a detention centre, inability to stop Israeli abuses against the Palestinians, continued presence in Afghanistan, the war on drugs (Hahahaha!).

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Hillman. Go to your car and belt the windscreen with a hammer on the passenger side and then tell me you can't see fuck all through it. We know you're blind to a lot of things so please use your working eye. Preferably remove the patch. I've had loads of broken windscreens and all of them,bar ones where a bollard has it, are perfecty driveable. They'll be telling you to get a respray soon if you have a scratch on your paintwork as it affects the aerodynamics which leads to pollution.
I think in the future we will increasingly have schemes where businesses reduce consumption at peak times , controlled centrally ( this is already happening) and devices in the home like freezers which run when the grid finds a trough in demand.
I've said before smart meters will have variable tariffs and no prizes for guessing the most expensive time will be dinner time. you've only described the give-with-one-hand part, not take-with-the-other.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/pers ... icity.html

I've still got the old spinning disk and they can shove their fucking smart meter. I can look at the disk and get a rough idea of consumption by how fast it's spinning. That and knowing how to work out the cost of appliances.

As I say your solar panels serve no purpose environmentally , they likely took more greenhouse gasses to make and transport than they have saved - and you could have bypassed the meter much more cheaply :D

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Hillman avenger wrote:
paolo wrote:The ramblings of s mad man, my hillman

Another great play
Do tell us in your great wisdom what Obama SHOULD have done.

Or perhaps you think it's OK to allow another power to interfere in your democratic process and you just let it go?

And you think Trump will handle Putin better. God help us.
See this
https://www.rt.com/op-edge/368431-trump ... erference/
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Ralph wrote:
m4 colin wrote:
PG30 wrote:
Royal24s wrote:T
Hope everyone had a nice Christmas.
Barrack Hussein Obama , who has " Holidays" rather than Christmas, has been working hard with his team of demonic gnomes to do as much damage as possible in the last few weeks of his wretched term of office.
His ugly wife has been helping, appearing on Oprah to tell the nation that all hope is ended by the departure of their strange family and the democrats from power.
Meantime, history's most ineffective president has been at it again with his pen and his telephone vainly trying to prevent future oil and coal production, protect the climate change myth and rush as many illegal immigrants, cartel members and jihadists into the country before he's physically removed from the White House in a few weeks.
It's really quite pathetic , isn't it ? This week has been the worst , starting off with his " I could have been a contender" drivel about how he'd have beaten Donald Trump if he'd been running, then culminating in his infamous open attack upon Israel.
At least we can now see his real agenda quite clearly. Fortunately his gradual stealthy advancement of Islam and globalism at the expense of everything good and wholesome in the world has been abruptly halted by the electorate, and the shock to his ego and ill founded faith in the wrong side has caused the mask to slip right off.
He couldn't have saved his evil agenda whatever he did, but he could have saved his dignity and left office in a seemly way . It seems that all tyrants and liars behave in the same way when they're eventually caught out though , and his final desperate snarling spite attack will be what is remembered about him by history, unlike his horrible destructive policies which, having been cheated past the law by means of endless Executive Orders, will be immediately scattered to the winds in the same manner.

Can he achieve anything at all with these last minute negative tantrums, and what will be his historic legacy ?
Here we go again.... "climate change myth"

As soon as you say something like this, it's very hard to take anything else you say seriously at all

It's not a myth it's a fact
Still buying that old shit then? :lol: keep on doing what you are now just pay loads of carbon taxes eh ? Ya mug ya!
The people who know what they're talking about say it's real. The fossil fuel industry for obvious reasons spends an absolute fortune trying to muddy the water. The same tactics were used by the tobacco industry to try & pretend the evidence that smoking causes cancer etc wasn't as clear as it was. They didn't care how many people died as a result of their misinformation campaign.
Whom might these 'experts' be you speak about. Not the ones who have been caught out in emails the last few years cooking the books so to speak for money honey!!! Is it these 'experts'?

Although have no doubt, the earth is groaning but it has nothing to do with what these liars.... Sorry I mean' expects ' speak about. That is just more lies to make money. And push agendas.

But have no doubt 2017 is going to be wild for earthquakes, typhoons and a lot of other crazy stuff.

Youse all ain' t seen nothing yet.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

And here is a heads up for you.

Some already know about HAARP.

Now look at it's ugly brother CERN.

And no people it isn't what they tell you it is or what it is really going to be used for.

Look into both but CERN.... That is the one to really watch.

Happy New Year folks.... It's gonna be a rough one.

THE PROPHETS OF BOOM!!! :

And I'm outtie. Peace and love. Grace and Hope. And to the evil of this world. Chew their fucking faces off. The legend of the angry one lives on.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Do they still sell flat-pack nuclear shelters these days ?