No More Carling Lager?

In-depth debate on all topical issues
carcinogen

No More Carling Lager?

Post by carcinogen »

I read in the ST Business section (I know, I'm fucking sad aren't I) that Heineken are planning to buy pubs owned by the British firm Punch. Now I can't recall the numbers, but Punch are the biggest pub owners here. Anyhoo...If the takeover goes ahead, Heineken will remove Carling from all the pubs, and possibly Coors too. Now, I don't drink either of those beers, but I thought it was interesting to anyone who enjoys a Carling.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

delboy1983

Re: No More Carling Lager?

Post by delboy1983 »

I thought for one minute you had run out Carc :)
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Punch Taverns, Enterprise inns etc have all but killed the great British boozer.

I know many Landlords/Ladys that have tried to make a fist of running a punch tavern. As soon as they start getting a few bums on seats the cunts raise the rent up, 3 months later pub shuts for a month and some other poor bastard has a crack.

There quite happy sitting on the land or property value and any extra income is a brucie bonus.

Cunts.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

carcinogen wrote: but I thought it was interesting to anyone who enjoys a Carling.
It is nats piss, carc.

Bloody awful stuff. I'm amazed how anyone could possibly like it.
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Steve Hunt wrote:It is nats piss, carc.
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Steve Hunt wrote:
carcinogen wrote: but I thought it was interesting to anyone who enjoys a Carling.
It is nats piss, carc.

I have a Carling now and then :oops: and a bloke that I sometimes see asked me what I wanted at the bar.
I said "a Carling"
He said "oh its alright, you don't have to buy me one back"

Meaning its a crap drink. :lol:

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

In the 80s/90s back in the day when the aim was to get your head scrambled and ignore the taste.
It's a pound a pint drink now. like Fosters . Though the clubs water it down even further and sell it to the plebs at rip-off prices.
Whatever happened to Tennants Holy Trinity Pilsner, Extra and Super ?
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Steve Hunt wrote:
It is nats piss, carc.

This.

It's utterly horrific. Went to a muscle festival a few years back and all they sold was Carling. I suffered it for a weekend but never again. It's tastes like look warm fish water after you've washed the Sunday Roast pot.
A joyless arsehole

No longer the Bridesmaid

Paul McCartney, 1984

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

shabbado wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
It is nats piss, carc.

This.

It's utterly horrific. Went to a muscle festival a few years back and all they sold was Carling. I suffered it for a weekend but never again. It's tastes like look warm fish water after you've washed the Sunday Roast pot.
A muscle festival?! :shock:

Shabbs,is there anything you would like to confess?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Paul McCartney, 1984
Never be another.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Basualdo wrote:
shabbado wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
It is nats piss, carc.

This.

Here is Shabs performing at said event. He's the one crouching down:

If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
shabbado wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
It is nats piss, carc.

This.

Here is Shabs performing at said event. He's the one crouching down:

Ya'll just jealous.
A joyless arsehole

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

delboy1983 wrote:I thought for one minute you had run out Carc :)
:D
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Steve Hunt wrote:
It is nats piss, carc.

Yep. Makes Harp taste decent. And the Harp we get over here.

Carling is without doubt the worse beer I have ever had. Stryke Larger was nicer. I have no idea what happened to that beer. We drank it when we were kids. No idea why either. But it was better than Carling whatever that Stryke larger stuff was.... Even spelt that way. In blue cans of some sort.

I went on to Thunderbird and Maddog 20/20. Harsh some might say but then again we did drink Hi-karate one time because someone said it had alcohol content in it.... Good times Stevie.... Good times!!

Aw here... I just remembered something. When we were kids we would climb up on the roof of the Mace (do you have them over there??. I can't remember tbh) anyhow like a Spar shop if that helps lol. Anyhow we would climb up on the roof of the shops in the West Winds... Get someone to phone the peelers (cops) from their ma's house. Said there was a break in at the Mace. Peelers would come.... Us up on the roof, firework rockets, one's that shoot up in the air real high and fast yeah... in plastic pipes taken from building sites for plumbing. Lit em up and fired them at the cop cars.

Good times Stevie.... Good times. The cops loved it really. They kept coming back. They probably didn't like Carling either.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

ollie

Post by ollie »

Well, I returned from working overseas (a 10-year stint) in late 2013 and I was seriously looking at buying a pub or small hotel here in the UK. So, I registered with all the major pub companys: Marstons, Scottish & Newcastle, Greene King, Punch, Wetherspoons, etc. And I am telling you for a fact, Punch were and still are the worst pub company in the UK. I lost count of the number of times I would chat with pub landords and leasees and all of them to a man said AVOID Punch! I did. Can say, however, that not one quart of a pint of Carling has ever passed down my gullet!!
I get my kicks above the waistline, Sunshine - sometimes;-)

No longer the Bridesmaid

Carling is fucking piss for arsehole cunts

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

I remember some vile stuff purveyed at the local Asian-owned off-licence. One I remember is Jager lager.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Carling is fucking piss for arsehole cunts
What are your thoughts on 9% Polish Karpackie? I find the tipple rather nice. And when I say 'nice' I mean goddamn fucking awful. But it gets the job done my friend. I've sat through; The Queen's Speech, Frozen, Bake-Off, Doctor Who is currently on, then I have Strictly, then the fat girlfriend wants 'It's a Wonderful Life' on after that. I had to laugh, because my love, spending the rest of your life with me will be the exact opposite of 'a wonderful life'. Oh well, I do find my amusement in these little moments. I've got two cans of Karpackie left. Do I down the fuckers quickly right now? Or do I slowly sip the polish piss so that I can survive it untill 10pm and call an end to this Christian festival of total shit.

Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

No longer the Bridesmaid

carcinogen wrote:
What are your thoughts on 9% Polish Karpackie? I find the tipple rather nice. And when I say 'nice' I mean goddamn fucking awful. But it gets the job done my friend. I've sat through; The Queen's Speech, Frozen, Bake-Off, Doctor Who is currently on, then I have Strictly, then the fat girlfriend wants 'It's a Wonderful Life' on after that. I had to laugh, because my love, spending the rest of your life with me will be the exact opposite of 'a wonderful life'. Oh well, I do find my amusement in these little moments. I've got two cans of Karpackie left. Do I down the fuckers quickly right now? Or do I slowly sip the polish piss so that I can survive it untill 10pm and call an end to this Christian festival of total shit.

When life throws these conumdrums squarely at your furrowed brow, the only question to ask is:

What would Horse do?

Gosport Mark

Post by Gosport Mark »

Have got to say that I'm not a beer snob, although almost exclusively drink Italian or German, but my god if Carlng were the last beer on earth I would never touch a drop again. It's truly god awful shite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Any comments contained within this post which are deemed offensive are unintentional. If any poster does wish to complain then please PM me first for a personal apology.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Well I AM a beer snob, and I have no hesitation in proclaiming Carling utterly superb.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

No longer the Bridesmaid

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Carling is alright compared to most out of a can.