All new police officers in England and Wales to have degrees

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Roy Twing

Re: All new police officers in England and Wales to have degrees

Post by Roy Twing »

I heard the outgoing police chief in london the other day, proudly proclaiming in an interview that 'crime is down', - these are the people planning the police 'service' for the next generation.
E & OE

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Roy Twing wrote:I heard the outgoing police chief in london the other day, proudly proclaiming in an interview that 'crime is down', - these are the people planning the police 'service' for the next generation.
It happens in the public sector all of the time. Overpaid, gutless, useless, and in many cases unaccountable clowns, tripping out this defensive bollocks, trying to cover up their impotence and inability.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Some native wit A Black belt and twenty inch biceps would do both them and the public much more good
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

So we're send the pigs trotting off to get a degree

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

I wish they'd called it an apprenticeship, wouldn't be all this fuss then...
Brilliantly Honest

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Roy Twing wrote:I heard the outgoing police chief in london the other day, proudly proclaiming in an interview that 'crime is down', - these are the people planning the police 'service' for the next generation.
Yes
What would they know about the level of crime? They are only the police, and can't be expected to know as much as you.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Yes
What would they know about the level of crime? They are only the police, and can't be expected to know as much as you.

Except that even using the met's preferred method of reporting, the statement was a lie.
E & OE

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Yes
Given your association with the Police, I can only presume they all come from this type of new breed they are looking for not to have a real handle on the true levels of crime. But as with most of your type the first people they convince of the untruths are themselves.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Oh and by the way. I mentioned a certain person on here a few weeks back who had a ridiculous amount of bails to his name who never seemed to do his full sentence, constanty being let out way in advance of when he should. I spoke to someone who still knows him and the arrangement is that he admits to almost everything put in front of him , which is a lot, so the clear up rate is falsified.

Perhaps the new influx of statistical masseurs can improve on this and clear even more crimes up.

This is the truth behind the spin and hillman should know it. Everyone else in the loop does.

Hillman avenger

What you describe has happened, to my knowledge, since at least 1993.

I know of one case where someone knew he was going down for burglary was taken out on a drive with two officers who showed him premises he'd never seen before and encouraged him to confess to stealing from them, knowing that his sentence would'nt materially change.

In fact there has been efforts made to prevent it happening.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

It's always happened Hillman. It's called t.i.c's and it's routine. Thing is though, that you have to ask them questions which prove they actually did it - they have to know the means if entry and what was taken etc.
Criminals have been bullshitting forever about being encouraged to falsely take loads of burglaries as t I c 's in order to clear the crime book. It's bollocks though, because what would you do when one of these burglaries turned out to be someone else altogether ?
You often catch burglars years afterwards when the property turns up or something, so there'd be endless crap if you'd written these crimes off as fake tic's.
Slags lie about this for obvious reasons, but it's actually done to get a lead on other offenders because you know who their associates are and you can look at what they were doing at the time. You also know where your man usually gets rid of his stolen property and you can often recover the property from these other burglaries as a result.
If nothing else , it gives the other victims some peace of mind to know that the offender has been caught .
Another thing, although the burglar won't theoretically get any extra sentence for tic's , in reality he will get a much heavier sentence.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Hillman avenger

Royal24s wrote:It's always happened Hillman. It's called t.i.c's and it's routine. Thing is though, that you have to ask them questions which prove they actually did it - they have to know the means if entry and what was taken etc.
Criminals have been bullshitting forever about being encouraged to falsely take loads of burglaries as t I c 's in order to clear the crime book. It's bollocks though, because what would you do when one of these burglaries turned out to be someone else altogether ?
You often catch burglars years afterwards when the property turns up or something, so there'd be endless crap if you'd written these crimes off as fake tic's.
Slags lie about this for obvious reasons, but it's actually done to get a lead on other offenders because you know who their associates are and you can look at what they were doing at the time. You also know where your man usually gets rid of his stolen property and you can often recover the property from these other burglaries as a result.
If nothing else , it gives the other victims some peace of mind to know that the offender has been caught .
Another thing, although the burglar won't theoretically get any extra sentence for tic's , in reality he will get a much heavier sentence.
Yes.
This is what I was saying.
It's not new.
In the examples I know of the crim was offered a toned-down prosecution on his "legit" offence if he coughed on the others.
The creation of CPS rather than in-house prosecutors may have made this more difficult to do . I do know of one chief constable who had a personal crusade against the practice.
This was in answer to m4krb;s suggestion that it was being done to massage crime figures and in fact (a) it is probably done less now rather than more and (b) it doesn't affect crime figures, it affects clear-up rates.
m4krb was suggesting that it was being done now to massage down the crime figures.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Royal24s wrote:It's always happened Hillman. It's called t.i.c's and it's routine. Thing is though, that you have to ask them questions which prove they actually did it - they have to know the means if entry and what was taken etc.
Yes.
This is what I was saying.
It's not new.
In the examples I know of the crim was offered a toned-down prosecution on his "legit" offence if he coughed on the others.
The creation of CPS rather than in-house prosecutors may have made this more difficult to do . I do know of one chief constable who had a personal crusade against the practice.
This was in answer to m4krb;s suggestion that it was being done to massage crime figures and in fact (a) it is probably done less now rather than more and (b) it doesn't affect crime figures, it affects clear-up rates.
m4krb was suggesting that it was being done now to massage down the crime figures.
Why do they need to massage down the figures when they can just out and out lie, as per the outgoing police chief, or is that another inconvenient response you're just horatioing.
E & OE