JD Sports 'expose' on C4 News

In-depth debate on all topical issues
carcinogen

JD Sports 'expose' on C4 News

Post by carcinogen »

Anyone catch the JD Sports expose? Fucking hell. Very depressing. I like many of you perhaps have done their fair share of menial work, and yes it's fucking shit, but at least when I did it there was some 'respect' between all involved; everyone tried to make it as least mentally painful as possible and then all have a pint after work and bitch about how fucking shit it was, even with some of the managers. I'm sure there are more coherent members who wish to comments, but after a couple of Polish Spesh (as someone described the piss) I was quite upset by it all. Partly because it needn't be this fucking way. I my experience, most production lines are self-regulating, ie: if some cunt is taking the piss, the others will get them inline if it gets out of hand. There's no need for 'enforcers' humiliating people. I could rant on. But who the fuck wants that.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

JW90

Re: JD Sports 'expose' on C4 News

Post by JW90 »

I saw it. Quite abhorent really. As you say, it's a crap job made far worse than it needs to be. Unfortunately power hungry people get in charge and seem determined to make life a misery to show authority when everyone else thinks they're a prat.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

JD Sports is the intersection of chavviness and cuntiness
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

finchman

Post by finchman »

This firm is working within the wonderful EU workers rights directive......you know,these wonderful workers rights sorted by the EU,all the remain moaning bastards seem to think the sun shines out of the arse of the EU.

Fucking marvellous,where would we be without them unelected cunts in Brussels.......Eh?
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Ironocally it demonstrates exactly why we need workers rights...even if they are difficult to enforce.
It's really perverseto find an excuse for slapping the EU for it.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Hillman avenger wrote:Ironocally it demonstrates exactly why we need workers rights...even if they are difficult to enforce.
Do you not think it goes deeper than that though? What kind of cunt would stomp around in a hi-viz vest telling people they'll get the sack if they sit down? Doesn't that go beyond policy? Isn't that more in the realm of: 'Vell, I only shot ze Jew becauz my superior told me zo'? That's what fucking worries me: the lack of empathy.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I preferred it in the old days when you had independent sports shops that would sell quality cricket bats and bags and they'd restring tennis rackets. Sports direct seems to sell donnay and Lonsdale all in one track suits and expensive trainers .
MJInnocent

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

theleader82 wrote:I preferred it in the old days when you had independent sports shops that would sell quality cricket bats and bags and they'd restring tennis rackets. Sports direct seems to sell donnay and Lonsdale all in one track suits and expensive trainers .
Yes! There was a wonderful pair of independent sports shops here. Slightly cluttered and homespun, but with great service. But we all know this, it'll only descend into madness if we rake the coals of independent chains. Of course it's wonderful to go to your local green-grocer, brown paper-bag, scales, a nice chat. It's all fucking over now. We cannot go back. It'll drive you fucking nuts (as it has done me) if you do.

You've got me started now. I hankered after a girlfriend who liked walks, picnics in meadows, gentle loving sex on rose-petal bedsheets. Then I realized I had to tie fucked-up broads with Daddy-issues to beds, call them 'little fucking whores' and cum on their faces.

It's all turned to shit. Best deal with it the best you can.

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

carcinogen wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:Ironocally it demonstrates exactly why we need workers rights...even if they are difficult to enforce.
Do you not think it goes deeper than that though? What kind of cunt would stomp around in a hi-viz vest telling people they'll get the sack if they sit down? Doesn't that go beyond policy? Isn't that more in the realm of: 'Vell, I only shot ze Jew becauz my superior told me zo'? That's what fucking worries me: the lack of empathy.
It was appalling from start to finish.

Lines to get in; security checks; KPI's driving workers like hamsters on a wheel to meet hourly targets; operating rules worse than in any SE Asian sweatshop; all monitored by pig ignorant supervisors spouting utter bollox in justification for their actions ('If you sit down and she doesn't, you're jobs easier isn't it?' 'If you don't work flat out to do what you know you can do, that's fraud isn't it'). Lines to get out not in the pay packet. All done with a complete lack of trust for the employees who are just numbers.

Living in Oldham, quite close to that JD Sports Sweatshop in Rochdale, I've often thought that all the massive supermarkets we have here where only a few actually get employed and everyone else is on minimum wage working hours below the level where they can qualify for any benefits, that the mills aren't around anymore but have we really got much further forward?

Then again, JD Sports make Tesco look like a party.

They've found JD Sports on Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acp-_B7jl40

Reg

Post by Reg »

carcinogen wrote:What kind of cunt would stomp around in a hi-viz vest telling people they'll get the sack if they sit down?
Half the cunts on here would do it as a hobby.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Reg wrote:
carcinogen wrote:What kind of cunt would stomp around in a hi-viz vest telling people they'll get the sack if they sit down?
Half the cunts on here would do it as a hobby.
I see it as more of a vocation myself.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

JW90 wrote:I saw it. Quite abhorent really. As you say, it's a crap job made far worse than it needs to be. Unfortunately power hungry people get in charge and seem determined to make life a misery to show authority when everyone else thinks they're a prat.
Give some people the keys to the stationary cupboard & they get drunk on power.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Ralph wrote:
JW90 wrote:I saw it. Quite abhorent really. As you say, it's a crap job made far worse than it needs to be. Unfortunately power hungry people get in charge and seem determined to make life a misery to show authority when everyone else thinks they're a prat.
Indeed. They are typically the ones who bark out orders, ordering people to do jobs that they wouldn't have a clue how to do themselves.

I have lost count of the times I have met people on sites who couldn't knock a nail into a wall and yet think they are the reincarnation of Hitler.

You should never ask someone to do a job you are not capable of doing yourself
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Ralph wrote:
Give them the keys to the moving cupboard and it's heroin central
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Reg

Post by Reg »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Indeed. They are typically the ones who bark out orders, ordering people to do jobs that they wouldn't have a clue how to do themselves.

I have lost count of the times I have met people on sites who couldn't knock a nail into a wall and yet think they are the reincarnation of Hitler.

I hope you don't apply your rule to eye surgeons, Steve.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Reg wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Ralph wrote:

With your extensive contacts and dealings on the Cockernee spiv, fence and wideboy network, Reg, you must know Ashley quite well. Whats he really like?
Proud Gammon

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Reg wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Ralph wrote:

Fair point :lol:

ENIC OUT

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Basualdo wrote:
Reg wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Ralph wrote:

With your extensive contacts and dealings on the Cockernee spiv, fence and wideboy network, Reg, you must know Ashley quite well. Whats he really like?
Bas - Ashley owns Sports Direct. This is JD Sports that we are talking about.

Both absolute shithouse employers, though.

ENIC OUT

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
Reg wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Ralph wrote:

Same old same old, connected Lahndahn cunts the lot of them.
I bet they all meet and woof it up at some illegal Silvertown strip joint every Friday, flashing sovereign pinky rings and firing 50 pound notes at disinterested looking Ukrainian hotties in spangly G strings.
I want in. I want Reg to get me an invite.
Proud Gammon

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Basualdo wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
Reg wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
Ralph wrote:

Same old same old, connected Lahndahn cunts the lot of them.
I bet they all meet and woof it up at some illegal Silvertown strip joint every Friday, flashing sovereign pinky rings and firing 50 pound notes at disinterested looking Ukrainian hotties in spangly G strings.
I want in. I want Reg to get me an invite.
I'm sure that for a small introductory fee he could make the necessary arrangements.

ENIC OUT

Reg

Post by Reg »

Ashley isn't from London.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Reg wrote:Ashley isn't from London.
Buckinghamshire, so what, thats suburbs. Its all Lahdahn south of Stoke to us real people.
Proud Gammon

Reg

Post by Reg »

Basualdo wrote:
Buckinghamshire, so what, thats suburbs.
Is it fuck - it's the sticks and he's a grinning bumpkin.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Reg wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
Are you going all Dougy on us, Reg?
Proud Gammon

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Reg wrote:
Basualdo wrote:
Between Chesham and Berkhamsted.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.