This forum

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Roy Twing

Re: This forum

Post by Roy Twing »

Hillman is his own worst enemy on here, - his usual MO is to make a proclamation, based upon his view of the world (which is of course, somewhat left of corbyn, and on the more insane side of benn) and then throw a challenge to prove him wrong (usually ‘show me…..’). It will be followed by post after post whereby people ‘show him’ how wrong he is, he pretends he hasn’t had an answer or he buggers off and gives up on the topic.

The OP of his on this thread must be some sort of realisation that most people don’t agree with him, and therefore, there must be something wrong with those that post here, because heaven forbid that he has been wrong his whole life.

He then decided to bugger off for a day or two, and when no-one noticed of cared, he decided to come back to threaten us that he will leave if we don’t stop being so beastly to him, because of course, he’s right about everything, so it goes without saying that everyone in D&D must be stupid and misinformed.

I still can’t be sure if he’s not just a wind up merchant or not, if he isn’t, he should just forget the flouncing and accept that everyone is wrong now and then (I think I recall even I was on one occasion) and just enjoy a bit of harmless debate now and again.
E & OE

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

To be fair though Roy, deduction's never been your strongest skill anyway and you have to rely on irrationality, paranoia and perceived bias of the BBC with that old chestnut "proportionality" thrown in when your weak arguments run out of potency.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Well I cannot criticise the effort Mr. Avenger has put into the introductory past .
I have yet to see a post in D and D that would convert anyone into believing the polar opposite of what they thought to begin with.
So in the end it is case of "This is what I believe ....take it or leave it. " for all that participate.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:Well I cannot criticise the effort Mr. Avenger has put into the introductory past .
I have yet to see a post in D and D that would convert anyone into believing the polar opposite of what they thought to begin with.
So in the end it is case of "This is what I believe ....take it or leave it. " for all that participate.
Hillman's MO is pretty much as follows:

1. Peddles the establishment line
2. Is an arch suppprter of the now defunct New Labour Neo Conservative movement and advocate of Tony Blair
3, Self appointed spokesman for the Liverpool Hillsborough Suppprters Trust

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Wrong again.
I am doing my best to see if this forum can serve its function again.
Part of recovering that would be breaking down this lunacy.
I am not bothered about "people being beastly" nor disagreement. It is about the failure of rational discussion.
I did not "flounce off". I decided to sit and watch and realised it was, if anything, getting worse.
The delusion is all-encompassing.
Any data which does not match the prevailing hysteria is dismissed as being manufactured by those in on the "establishment". It's like an elastic band..you have stretched a bit too far now and it has snapped.
Take a long hard look at what you have celebrated. Britain now the laughing stock of the world. A Foreign Secretary many fathoms out of his depth.
A government trying to retain some kind of coherence while still implementing this stupid decision which at best will cost us many more times the "saving" from membership. A President-elect whose sanity is actually in question, who was helped into office by a Russian government licking its lips at dealing with an imbecile.
And you see none of this...I thought it was ME who was supposed to be "Horatio".
If all you can do when this is pointed out, is to be unpleasant, more fool you.
BTW I have no idea where my beliefs are in relation to Corbyn, mainly because I niether know not care what his are.
as for the Guardian, I will bow to Darky's experience, as I have none. Indeed it seems that a good part of the Guardian's tiny readership is concentrated in posters here.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Hillman avenger

kancutlawns wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:Well I cannot criticise the effort Mr. Avenger has put into the introductory past .
Hillman's MO is pretty much as follows:

1. Peddles the establishment line
I'd have to know what it is first.
2. Is an arch suppprter of the now defunct New Labour Neo Conservative movement and advocate of Tony Blair
Irrelevant
3, Self appointed spokesman for the Liverpool Hillsborough Suppprters Trust
If there was such a thing ,I'd be happy to be so. But there isn't, and what does exist already has massive support. Which pleases me.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Agreed.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Hillman avenger

That's OK

Cut the abuse
Be constructive

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Agreed as well, Hillman. attack the post, not the poster. This is still ongoing.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

paolo

Post by paolo »

Hillman avenger wrote:That's OK

Cut the abuse
Be constructive
The most laughable post ever

That's what got you into this pickle

Not your opinion or beliefs but your snide nasty trolling bullying crap

You learned nothing

You will refuse to adapt

Your behaviour will repeat

Not everyone agrees with you

Get over it

Reap
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Carlos J wrote:Agreed as well, Hillman. attack the post, not the poster. This is still ongoing.
And eradicating the blanketing of posters with a specific political view by calling them names "left wing maggots" may help too.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Carlos J wrote:Agreed as well, Hillman. attack the post, not the poster. This is still ongoing.
This is like al sharpton becoming rational

Let's see if hillman can post without the attacks

Paddy power ain't offering
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

paolo wrote:

Cut the abuse
Be constructive

You learned nothing

You will refuse to adapt

Get over it

Reap
I do remember Carlos telling you in May that agreements prior to then were now obsolete and it was a clean slate. Perhaps Carlos you can re-iterate this because we have this ludicrous argument raising it's head yet again. Is paolo getting his knickers in a twist about lessons learnt really adding any value to the forum?

paolo

Post by paolo »

kancutlawns wrote:
And eradicating the blanketing of posters with a specific political view by calling them names "left wing maggots" may help too.

Left wing maggots
Racists
Nazis
Bigots
Right wing scum

All these nasty names

You keep em in check lawnsy

Notify if required

Grassing is cool
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

paolo

Post by paolo »

kancutlawns wrote:
paolo wrote:

Cut the abuse
Be constructive

You learned nothing

You will refuse to adapt

Get over it

Reap
I do remember Carlos telling you in May that agreements prior to then were now obsolete and it was a clean slate. Perhaps Carlos you can re-iterate this because we have this ludicrous argument raising it's head yet again. Is paolo getting his knickers in a twist about lessons learnt really adding any value to the forum?
He broke his agreement three weeks in, grass

You supported the agreement between me and hillman
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

paolo wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:

Left wing maggots
Racists
Nazis
Bigots
Right wing scum

All these nasty names

Notify if required

Grassing is cool
Indeed. Interesting how with a bit of pressure from another poster (not me), you don't mention Jewish conspiracies so reporting does work on occasions. :wink:

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

paolo wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
paolo wrote:

Cut the abuse
Be constructive

You learned nothing

You will refuse to adapt

Get over it

Reap

Wrong, I supported no such agreement. It's infantile and your insistence on it's implementation shows what your MO is i.e. to fuck up the forum with your puerile vendettas. Grow up.

paolo

Post by paolo »

kancutlawns wrote:
paolo wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
paolo wrote:

Cut the abuse
Be constructive

You learned nothing

You will refuse to adapt

Get over it

Reap

Wrong, I supported no such agreement. It's infantile and your insistence on it's implementation shows what your MO is i.e. to fuck up the forum with your puerile vendettas. Grow up.
The agreement was to remove two forummers arguments from d and d as you well know

Your selective memory does you no favours

You supported the agreement

What will the bet be? Loser leaves the forum for twelve months?
Last edited by paolo on Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

paolo

Post by paolo »

kancutlawns wrote:
paolo wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:

Left wing maggots
Racists
Nazis
Bigots
Right wing scum

All these nasty names

Notify if required

Grassing is cool
Indeed. Interesting how with a bit of pressure from another poster (not me), you don't mention Jewish conspiracies so reporting does work on occasions. :wink:
No idea what you're on about there but I mention Jewish conspiracies whenever I want and any other conspiracy for that matter

I like the way you criticise for me suggest an agree should be implemented

Beautiful
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The agreement was to remove two forummers arguments from d and d as you well know - No such agreement

Your selective memory does you know favours - any proof to back this up?

You supported the agreement - proof?

What will the bet be? Loser leaves the forum for twelve months? - No bet so a facile argument; I can't remember any poster ever leaving the forum because they've accepted they're wrong so that comment holds no water

paolo

Post by paolo »

kancutlawns wrote:The agreement was to remove two forummers arguments from d and d as you well know - No such agreement

Your selective memory does you know favours - any proof to back this up?

You supported the agreement - proof?

What will the bet be? Loser leaves the forum for twelve months? - No bet so a facile argument; I can't remember any poster ever leaving the forum because they've accepted they're wrong so that comment holds no water
So, for the record, you are categorically stating that you did not support the agreement hillman made with me twelve months ago to ignore each other for the good of d and d?

A simple yes or no will do
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Carlos J wrote:
Agreed.
Sounds bout right, I don't agree with much that you say Hillman, but what's that got to do with anything?!!

It would be a shame to lose a point of view bud.

Without mentioning names; being very new to this forum, I can see some stuff that is quite personal, rather than attacking the point the person makes; also, there does appear to be people that are very dismissive of others points of view and then claim to be the Oracle.

Just my observations.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Hillman avenger wrote:Wrong again.
I am doing my best to see if this forum can serve its function again.
Part of recovering that would be breaking down this lunacy.
I am not bothered about "people being beastly" nor disagreement. It is about the failure of rational discussion.
I did not "flounce off". I decided to sit and watch and realised it was, if anything, getting worse.
The delusion is all-encompassing.
Any data which does not match the prevailing hysteria is dismissed as being manufactured by those in on the "establishment". It's like an elastic band..you have stretched a bit too far now and it has snapped.
Take a long hard look at what you have celebrated. Britain now the laughing stock of the world. A Foreign Secretary many fathoms out of his depth.
A government trying to retain some kind of coherence while still implementing this stupid decision which at best will cost us many more times the "saving" from membership. A President-elect whose sanity is actually in question, who was helped into office by a Russian government licking its lips at dealing with an imbecile.
And you see none of this...I thought it was ME who was supposed to be "Horatio".
If all you can do when this is pointed out, is to be unpleasant, more fool you.
BTW I have no idea where my beliefs are in relation to Corbyn, mainly because I niether know not care what his are.
as for the Guardian, I will bow to Darky's experience, as I have none. Indeed it seems that a good part of the Guardian's tiny readership is concentrated in posters here.
There he goes again - pontificating from what he wants to be percieved as the intellectual high ground but in fact he's just continuing to express his own views and can't understand why they aren't taken as tablets of stone.
E & OE

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

This section of the forum has become a form of mini-Stormfront.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The Tick wrote:This section of the forum has become a form of mini-Stormfront.
And the Westboro' Baptist Church.