This forum

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Re: This forum

Post by Steve Hunt »

Carlos J wrote: Debate the post, not the poster in this thread.
:dart:
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

paolo

Post by paolo »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Carlos J wrote: Debate the post, not the poster in this thread.
:dart:
here's to 2017

keep him in check, gents, smooth sailing
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Its not Lawns jizzing paranoid 'grass' crap all over the forum at the minute though is it?
There no 'checking' to be done. We can assume this particular little matter is done now.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Paolo got ratted out and went semi-doug
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

paolo

Post by paolo »

Basualdo wrote:Its not Lawns jizzing paranoid 'grass' crap all over the forum at the minute though is it?
There no 'checking' to be done. We can assume this particular little matter is done now.
absolutely,

no more grassing to mods in d and d....do the grassing in pandy, or via pm

sorted
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

paolo

Post by paolo »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Paolo got ratted out and went semi-doug
getting ratted out at home.....

2 caught.....many more to come i suspect
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Zambo wrote:Oh the irony :lol:

Royals v Hillman and one of the main reason D&D is fucked up is because they share the same head up their own arse, arrogant, I know more than, I'm better educated than you delusion.

The Peter and Christopher Hitchens of Talkforum. :mrgreen:

:lol:
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

warmleatherette wrote:Rule one of Internet forums
1: don't let it get to you.
Rule 2. don't let it get to you

Rule 3. don't let it get to you

Rule 4. don't let it.......
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

You still don't get it do you Hillman.

People are waking up to the lies and nonsense.

It is what it is. Don't worry though the Godless are still with us as well and their Godless agenda hasn't gone away you know. So you can take heart from that at least.

OH AYE - And to answer at least a bit of the whining self pity nonsense in your first post. Clinton lost. That is why no rush for big war. Yet still her media campaign blame Russia...go figure huh. And there has been civil unrest and sore losing all round from her supports from melting snowflakes (Your long winded first post)...to other things. Look and you shall find Hillman. Just not from your beloved BBC. A lot of licking wounds is being done but IT/HE will come back strong as always.

So to recap Clinton lost...no war with Russia hopefully for now at least and I thank the good Lord above for making many voters see through her lies and see her for what she truly is. The ones who didn't still don't and never will it seems. Hope this helps to clear up some of your confusion.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

paolo wrote:
deisegirl wrote:
ignore not fully functional......

The "ignore" function is for the simple minded.

If a person cannot just ignore, in the normal sense of the word as applied by sensible people, sommat someone says on a sodding message board because it irks them so much they get all hot and bothered about it then they should look for another hobby.

No need for such childish things as "ignore functions". That's for teenage girls on Instagram.

Rule No. 15......don't let it get to you.

paolo

Post by paolo »

Petingo wrote:
paolo wrote:
deisegirl wrote:
ignore not fully functional......

The "ignore" function is for the simple minded.

If a person cannot just ignore, in the normal sense of the word as applied by sensible people, sommat someone says on a sodding message board because it irks them so much they get all hot and bothered about it then they should look for another hobby.

No need for such childish things as "ignore functions". That's for teenage girls on Instagram.

Rule No. 15......don't let it get to you.
sometimes, measures are needed old pet, when feuds take over the forum, pandy is fine, but when other parts become mired, and a person targeting you refuses to cease, other measures can work, providing both parties want what is best for the forum
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Though Petingo has quoted me incorrectly in his post I actually do agree with him to a degree. I used have a few of the more extreme trolls on ignore but then I thought it was funnier to see their posts go unanswered.

I know you're not talking about trolls here paolo but maybe a bit of mix and match. Ignore function plus old fashioned way ;)
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

paolo

Post by paolo »

deisegirl wrote:Though Petingo has quoted me incorrectly in his post I actually do agree with him to a degree. I used have a few of the more extreme trolls on ignore but then I thought it was funnier to see their posts go unanswered.

I know you're not talking about trolls here paolo but maybe a bit of mix and match. Ignore function plus old fashioned way ;)
the back half of 2015 was just a shitfest in d and

several were to blame, me included, and a few of us recognised that. Ignore wasn't working, people would pick sides and it was a mess

Me and Zambo were at each other's throats, and after a while, how many times can you call someone a cunt, or try to beat them in an argument, so we just said, let's completely ignore each other for the good of the forum, if we had anything to say to each other, it was said in pandy or via pm

guess what, it worked...instantly, no egos bruised, it just worked, and after a while, i started to read his posts without the "it's zambo, so i disagree before i have read anything" attitude, i dare say the pair of us, given the chance would have had a set to (maybe in a petrol station ;-) ), whereas now we get on fine with our forced break and everything is cool

but it takes two for that to work, if one is determined to troll or whatever, it just comntinues

me and zambo did that because we were part of the problem with d and d at that time, and i really can't understand why others, when it affects the forum, don't do it

when people say 'fuck off cunt' 'die' etc etc, they are the bad guys, but there are other ways too, the snideyness, the constant comments, the jibes.....simply two cheeks of the same arris, i just dont have the time or inclination to respond in some longwinded way, i find it simpler just to say 'fuck off....' etc

some in the cheapseats just add fuel to the fire in some cases

i liken it to footy teams, an arsenal supporter would rather lose to man united than see spurs win

same mentality here, people side with others just to get a few jabs in at folks they dislike more

i doubt that much will change, mark went soft, zambo went hard, carlos lies somewhere in the middle, but the people never change

2017? maybe the same as the previous dozen or so years :-)
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

paolo wrote: how many times can you call someone a cunt
Have you met Von Lugers Butter ?
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Paolo describes it well, and I had agreements with a couple of other posters which have also worked, and that is why I suggested it to Sid and Endo. At the end of the day it aint hard.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite