Dealing with grief

In-depth debate on all topical issues
carcinogen

Dealing with grief

Post by carcinogen »

I fear I might be repressed. A product of Victorian England where one had to keep a stiff upper lip in the face of grief, at least in public. I recoil at scenes of grief on the television. Whether it be in middle-eastern countries where women wail in the street or in South America, after this plane crash with the football team, where whole nation states seem to be convulsed with grief and weeping in the streets. For me, I prefer to keep everything inside and controlled and deal with it quietly in my own way. I actually get quite offended seeing others expressing grief in public, it really irritates me. I think to myself: "For fucks sake, can't you just cry in the privacy of your own home or something?". Do I have a problem? Am I intolerant? That thing Boris Johnson got into trouble for saying regarding Liverpudlian's really struck a note with me, I actually agreed with him. And I tend not to agree with that cunt on anything.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

The End

Re: Dealing with grief

Post by The End »

TL DR
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

carcinogen wrote:I fear I might be repressed. A product of Victorian England where one had to keep a stiff upper lip in the face of grief, at least in public. I recoil at scenes of grief on the television. Whether it be in middle-eastern countries where women wail in the street or in South America, after this plane crash with the football team, where whole nation states seem to be convulsed with grief and weeping in the streets. For me, I prefer to keep everything inside and controlled and deal with it quietly in my own way. I actually get quite offended seeing others expressing grief in public, it really irritates me. I think to myself: "For fucks sake, can't you just cry in the privacy of your own home or something?". Do I have a problem? Am I intolerant? That thing Boris Johnson got into trouble for saying regarding Liverpudlian's really struck a note with me, I actually agreed with him. And I tend not to agree with that cunt on anything.

That was a very touching post and it made me cry.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I'm delighted to note that Hillman is alright because I see that hes lurking in the background.
People were concerned for you Hillman.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Royal24s wrote:
carcinogen wrote:I fear I might be repressed. A product of Victorian England where one had to keep a stiff upper lip in the face of grief, at least in public. I recoil at scenes of grief on the television. Whether it be in middle-eastern countries where women wail in the street or in South America, after this plane crash with the football team, where whole nation states seem to be convulsed with grief and weeping in the streets. For me, I prefer to keep everything inside and controlled and deal with it quietly in my own way. I actually get quite offended seeing others expressing grief in public, it really irritates me. I think to myself: "For fucks sake, can't you just cry in the privacy of your own home or something?". Do I have a problem? Am I intolerant? That thing Boris Johnson got into trouble for saying regarding Liverpudlian's really struck a note with me, I actually agreed with him. And I tend not to agree with that cunt on anything.

That was a very touching post and it made me cry.
:D
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Hardest thing in the world to bear But we all must get some in our lives.
Its best if you have some kind of belief system that allows for a reunion on the other side. If you dont then its really fucking hell
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

"The black threads are as needful in the weaver's skilful hand,
As the strands of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned"

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

My Great Grandmother would often say that, and I ( more or less ) recalled that quote, but I thought it'd be worth posting the whole poem.
Those who have recently been arguing here that certain current politicians are fascists might do well to examine the life story of the author.

" My life is but a Weaving,
Between my God and me.
I cannot choose the colors
He weaveth steadily.

Oft’ times He weaveth sorrow;
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I the underside.

Not ’til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the canvas
And reveal the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
In the weaver’s skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned

He knows, He loves, He cares;
Nothing this truth can dim.
He gives the very best to those
Who leave the choice to Him.”

Corrie ten Boom