No longer the Bridesmaid

Trains

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Are done
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Zambo

Re: Trains

Post by Zambo »

Train commuters are treated like shit, The continuing Southern dispute just shows you how deep that shit is.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

finchman

Post by finchman »

I wouldnt live down south for a gold pig,commuting by train is a mugs game.Live up north,work locally and enjoy your four bedroomed detatched house with land for £300k.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Trains are only nice on Sodor Island.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Commuting by car is fucking worse surely? At least on a train you can check out some hot office totty or tasty college girls. My idea of hell is driving around the M25 with TalkSport on the radio. Although not a daily commute, it was a weekly commute, from Norwich to Basingstoke. Worst fucking time of my life. Well, apart from this current time of course.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

finchman wrote:I wouldnt live down south for a gold pig,commuting by train is a mugs game.Live up north,work locally and enjoy your four bedroomed detatched house with land for £300k.
In Wigan?
Fuck off! The average house price is about 90k
I released the blob must to my darkest dread

But its mint choc chip which is the ice cream flavour of Satan's spermatozoa

Careful now, you’re being beastly to Leado and this canno he totlerated.

About to get underway at the Berbabeu

caveman

Post by caveman »

Scotrail are shit
Network Rail are shit
Combined results in a very shit situation.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Sid Pervcat wrote:
finchman wrote:I wouldnt live down south for a gold pig,commuting by train is a mugs game.Live up north,work locally and enjoy your four bedroomed detatched house with land for £300k.
In Wigan?
Fuck off! The average house price is about 90k

Could'nt get an outside bog for that Darrn Sarrff.........Anyone who lives south of Birmingham is a fucking MUG.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Why not live in the country, but within a comfortable drive to central London ? After all, there are plenty of good hotels and restaurants available ,if you're there late , or just stay at your club.
Trains are really no good at all, so I would say certainly don't use them. You wouldn't have to commute at all if you were less greedy - you should have a perfectly comfortable living from your rental incomes and share dividends so I've got no sympathy if you want to go making extra spending money from jobs.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

It would need a very great deal of money indeed to get me to commute into any of the big cities and if I had to it would be in a electrically heated suit on a fully faired motorcycle
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

I commute by train but it seems positively luxurious compared to some of the coverage I've seen of the services into London.
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

m4 colin wrote:It would need a very great deal of money indeed to get me to commute into any of the big cities and if I had to it would be in a electrically heated suit on a fully faired motorcycle

Yes actually Colin, I'm bit dissappointed that no one bit on my above, but I'm being serious here - you make me realise that commuting by train is ,in addition to all the other crap, financially stupid. I wouldn't pay that any more than I'd rent a house to live in if I could avoid it because it's an out gushing of hard earned money without any equal benefit.
When I had to work in London I lived in Belgravia, which seems a huge outgoing but you eventually get it back don't you - unlike your train fares and time which are gone forever.

Finchman is quite right that you're better off living somewhere where you can have a good standard of housing and life and use your brain to accrue an income in a manner which doesn't necessarily or generally require you to be in a particular place at a particular time.
Of course, I wouldn't go as far as living in Wigan, but there are some beautiful and traditional places within an hour or two of London. Of course, you have to put up with a lack of that rich cultural and ethnic variety which people can enjoy in big cities, but in the end you learn to put up with that , and there's always something on the BBC about it if you feel like celebrating diversity for half an hour before bed.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Fuck the 'rich cultural and ethnic vareity to enjoy'...
Walk along the beach in Southport and watch the oystercatchers and turnstones.

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Came back from London at 10pm. Standing room only, yet the 1st glass carriages were all empty. Too hot, too busy. I hate trains

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

finchman wrote:Fuck the 'rich cultural and ethnic vareity to enjoy'...
Walk along the beach in Southport and watch the oystercatchers and turnstones.
But surely that's no substitute for the rich diversity of races and languages, the delicious aromas of oriental spices and things and roaming bands of jolly African youths ? The inspiring calls to prayer from the mosques and easy availability of unusual looking fruit and veg ?

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

What about the over-50s romantic yearning and sometimes obsession for the return of the old steamies ? The horrendous amount of coal they consumed, the lungful of delicious steam for that "first cigarette of the morning" experience. Carved wooden interiors
with brass handles to hark back to the days of our glorious Empire.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Good point, and it would really piss the climate fascists off too !