In-depth debate on all topical issues
Roger 1984

Re: RIP Fidel - good guy or bad guy

Post by Roger 1984 »

Zambo wrote:
Roger 1984 wrote:
Zambo wrote:
paolo wrote:
Zambo wrote:Castro was a terrorist and a supporter of terrorism worldwide. He poured millions of his peoples money into terrorism abroad. At home he created a repressive police state and stamped all over human rights issues.

Anyone who supported Castro was a supporter of his methods, they are a supporter of terrorists, they are a supporter of terrorism.
Castro was fighting terrorists on a limited budget

He did what he had to do
He funded a lot of them around the world as well. I don't believe he had to do that, particularly at the expense of his own people. Some people are inspired by what he did, some are appalled. Personally, I can't forgive terrorism for any cause. Same with Mandella.
The same criteria applies to British and American politicians and leaders and throughout history
You haven't cottoned on to my point yet Rog, and I've made it very straightforward.

A leader, or in this case a scum dictator, can be Mother Theresa for 99% of their lives, but once they become involved in terrorism, they should be wiped off the face of the earth.

This applies to anyone or any organisation
Interesting!

Would you then agree that Winston Churchill was a terrorist?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Inetersting.

Without Churchill's unshakeable will, this country would have fallen to Nazi Germany, he was one of the savours of GB without doubt. So during a WW and after he was seen as a hero. However, for what happened in S Africa alone, I'd also condemn him as a terrorist.

Incidentally, in your opinion was Hitler a terrorist?
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

Roger 1984

Post by Roger 1984 »

Zambo wrote:Inetersting.

Without Churchill's unshakeable will, this country would have fallen to Nazi Germany, he was one of the savours of GB without doubt. So during a WW and after he was seen as a hero. However, for what happened in S Africa alone, I'd also condemn him as a terrorist.

Similar can be stated for Fidel (RIP)

Hitler was a terrorist. Voting for Blair, Cameron, Hilary Benn, Labour, Liberal Democrats and Tories is supporting terrorists, and supporting terrorism by your argument

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Zambo wrote:Inetersting.

One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter, and the victors write the history .

Has it ever occurred to you that terms like terrorism at motivational rather than
descriptive ? Probably not.

I do know that some individuals do what they must and know when to stop - a sense of proportion which we've discussed before - and that others do what they can, because they can. I also know that some come to conflicts reluctantly for good reasons and others for wicked reasons.
Before you ask, the test of that's an objective one ultimately. God will be the judge in the matter, but for our small purposes, I think we must consider the results achieved as the best indication of whatever was done as much as the motivation, which we can only guess at.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

There can be no excuse for terrorism. There is no negotiation. There is no excuse for aggression or attack.There can be no excuse for violence and intimidation. There can only be support for defence or attack in retalliation.

Roger 1984

Post by Roger 1984 »

Zambo wrote:There can be no excuse for terrorism. There is no negotiation. There is no excuse for aggression or attack.There can be no excuse for violence and intimidation. There can only be support for defence or attack in retalliation.
Well then Castro needs to be supported for defending against US imperialism and wiping out the empire's mercenaries

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Zambo wrote:There can be no excuse for terrorism. There is no negotiation. There is no excuse for aggression or attack.There can be no excuse for violence and intimidation. There can only be support for defence or attack in retalliation.

I suppose I'm glad for you being able to see it as simply as that. Of course it's not.

In the real world there is always negotiation and if we waited to be attacked we'd certainly lose. To quote Napoleon, and this is VERY basic, " the general who simply waits behind his defences is already defeated".

Don't you even know that there were constant secret negotiations during the N.I troubles, because there certainly were .

You define the world and the rules it operates under in a very simplistic way you know. It's actually quite complicated and that's why we need to have a sense of proportion and expediency in seeking the best outcomes .
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Roger 1984 wrote:
Well then Castro needs to be supported for defending against US imperialism and wiping out the empire's mercenaries
You are not listening Rog. Castro was a terrorist, so he should not be supported. Are you supporting him unconditionally, and either ignoring his terrorist activities or are you supporting all those as well?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Royal24s wrote:

I suppose I'm glad for you being able to see it as simply as that. Of course it's not.

In the real world there is always negotiation and if we waited to be attacked we'd certainly lose. To quote Napoleon, and this is VERY basic, " the general who simply waits behind his defences is already defeated".

Don't you even know that there were constant secret negotiations during the N.I troubles, because there certainly were .

You define the world and the rules it operates under in a very simplistic way you know. It's actually quite complicated and that's why we need to have a sense of proportion and expediency in seeking the best outcomes .
You misinterpret my use of the word negotiation. There is no negotiation on terrorist activity with me on this forum.

Roger 1984

Post by Roger 1984 »

Zambo wrote:
Roger 1984 wrote:
You are not listening Rog. Castro was a terrorist, so he should not be supported. Are you supporting him unconditionally, and either ignoring his terrorist activities or are you supporting all those as well?
If you define Castro as a terrorist then Lord Nelson and Boudicea were terrorists too

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Castro was no more a terrorist than all the US presidents who tried to kill and/or depose him. Often by means of attempted bombings.

He'll always be the one that got away.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

You can go on all day selecting people from the past, and it's easy to label them all freedom fighters, but at the end of the day it's pretty easy to define who the real terrorists where/are. As for Castro, he proclaimed himself a terrorist. There is a youtube of him doing just that on the Capitol Hill Cubans website (I can't link at the minute).

Roger 1984

Post by Roger 1984 »

Zambo wrote:You can go on all day selecting people from the past, and it's easy to label them all freedom fighters, but at the end of the day it's pretty easy to define who the real terrorists where/are. As for Castro, he proclaimed himself a terrorist. There is a youtube of him doing just that on the Capitol Hill Cubans website (I can't link at the minute).
Because you see things right out of a black or white perspective. I'll give you another of someone who supported terrorists, and supported terrorism - Florence Nightingale

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I'm captivated, please enlarge.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Castro was never a terrorist. It's a label used by the bitter ones who never got to see him torn down by his enemies.

Roger 1984

Post by Roger 1984 »

The Tick wrote:Castro was never a terrorist. It's a label used by the bitter ones who never got to see him torn down by his enemies.
Agreed :dart:

Roger 1984

Post by Roger 1984 »

Zambo wrote:I'm captivated, please enlarge.
All you got to do is use your Black or White logic

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The Tick wrote:Castro was never a terrorist. It's a label used by the bitter ones who never got to see him torn down by his enemies.
Laughable. it's got nothing to do with bitterness or resentment, it's just people posting opinions on an internet forum. I couldn't give a shit if you want to fawn and worship the likes of Castro. Go and light a candle in your window box for all I care, but the attitude is just another example of the deluded left.

The internet is bulging with the likes of the following. This is just 8 years of his involvement in terrorism. Deny it all you want, it's not going to go away.

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/ter ... m-pons.htm

Roger 1984

Post by Roger 1984 »

Zambo wrote:
Laughable. it's got nothing to do with bitterness or resentment, it's just people posting opinions on an internet forum. I couldn't give a shit if you want to fawn and worship the likes of Castro. Go and light a candle in your window box for all I care, but the attitude is just another example of the deluded left.

The internet is bulging with the likes of the following. This is just 8 years of his involvement in terrorism. Deny it all you want, it's not going to go away.

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/ter ... m-pons.htm
Its not about the left. Castro fought off the terrorists and won. All the rest thats spewed by your ilk is sour grapes so stop whineging

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I'm not whingeing Rog, not my style, I'll leave that to your ilk. Did you read the link? Is it a load of bollocks or what? Reams more where that came from. All disgusting propaganda no doubt :lol:

Roger 1984

Post by Roger 1984 »

Zambo wrote:I'm not whingeing Rog, not my style, I'll leave that to your ilk. Did you read the link? Is it a load of bollocks or what? Reams more where that came from. All disgusting propaganda no doubt :lol:
There is lots of disgusting propaganda against Castro because he fought off the terrorists. Im not one to be taken in by bollocks and thats where myself/The Tick differ from you

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Roger 1984 wrote:myself/The Tick differ from you
And praise the Lord for small mercies. I don't want to be associated with he who wishes death and illness on fellow forum members, and takes the piss out of those killed by terrorists. I'd be careful who I joined up with on here if I were you.

I don't see the point of continuing this discussion Rog, I feel that you brewing up for some insults, and I'm not really one for exchanging those these days. I'm a reformed character.

Roger 1984

Post by Roger 1984 »

Zambo wrote:
And praise the Lord for small mercies.

I don't see the point of continuing this discussion Rog, I feel that you brewing up for some insults, and I'm not really one for exchanging those these days. I'm a reformed character.
You seem steadfast in promotion of Terrorist agendas

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Roger 1984 wrote:
Zambo wrote:
And praise the Lord for small mercies.

You seem steadfast in promotion of Terrorist agendas

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Livingstone was a big fan. Did Castro give Holocaust Ken tips on how to solve London's traffic problems in the past ?
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "