Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: RIP Fidel - good guy or bad guy

Post by Basualdo »

Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

ollie

Post by ollie »

My then girlfriend, back in 1998, and I went to Cuba for a two-week holiday. We stayed in Havana for four days and then moved to the resort of Varadero. All I can say is that Havana looked a bit like modern-day Aleppo, a broken-down hell-hole of squalor, rubbish strewn everywhere, stinking, beggars, people just hanging around - no jobs, no future. Of course Mr Castro would have been screwing whoever entered his boudoir whilst munching on his coronas! And you know what, I don't think the people of Cuba are any better off today. Mind you, Varadero was beautiful - a bit like Ibiza :-)
I get my kicks above the waistline, Sunshine - sometimes;-)

Desolation

Post by Desolation »

ollie wrote:My then girlfriend, back in 1998, and I went to Cuba for a two-week holiday. We stayed in Havana for four days and then moved to the resort of Varadero. All I can say is that Havana looked a bit like modern-day Aleppo, a broken-down hell-hole of squalor, rubbish strewn everywhere, stinking, beggars, people just hanging around - no jobs, no future. Of course Mr Castro would have been screwing whoever entered his boudoir whilst munching on his coronas! And you know what, I don't think the people of Cuba are any better off today. Mind you, Varadero was beautiful - a bit like Ibiza :-)
Still beautiful mate but still very fucked unfortunately. With any luck the yanks will get stuck in now and sort the shit out.
Proud Gammon and imperious Little Englander!

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Desolation wrote:
ollie wrote:My then girlfriend, back in 1998, and I went to Cuba for a two-week holiday. We stayed in Havana for four days and then moved to the resort of Varadero. All I can say is that Havana looked a bit like modern-day Aleppo, a broken-down hell-hole of squalor, rubbish strewn everywhere, stinking, beggars, people just hanging around - no jobs, no future. Of course Mr Castro would have been screwing whoever entered his boudoir whilst munching on his coronas! And you know what, I don't think the people of Cuba are any better off today. Mind you, Varadero was beautiful - a bit like Ibiza :-)
Still beautiful mate but still very fucked unfortunately. With any luck the yanks will get stuck in now and sort the shit out.
Lets see them sort Detroit before they start telling others how to live
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

:D
Basualdo wrote:Image
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."