Prison for wearing fake medals

In-depth debate on all topical issues
carcinogen

Prison for wearing fake medals

Post by carcinogen »

6 months in prison if you wear fake medals. The govt. are cracking down. It's so fucking good to see our govt. focusing on this important issue. There isn't a fucking day that goes by when I think to myself: "I wish they would do something about people wearing fake medals". Still, it's not all bad news, these pair of fannies will get banged-up. For want of a better word.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... oes-medals
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Zambo

Re: Prison for wearing fake medals

Post by Zambo »

6 months for wearing fake medals, exactly the same as causing death by careless driving when under the influence of drink or drugs, although you do get a driving ban with that as well :rolleyes:
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

paolo

Post by paolo »

Smacks of Cameron reactionary piss politics

Called stolen valour over here

I'd rather they crack down on the misuse of the word 'hero'
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

carcinogen wrote:6 months in prison if you wear fake medals. The govt. are cracking down. It's so fucking good to see our govt. focusing on this important issue. There isn't a fucking day that goes by when I think to myself: "I wish they would do something about people wearing fake medals". Still, it's not all bad news, these pair of fannies will get banged-up. For want of a better word.

Is this an actual thing or a wind up?
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Dwight should be facing six life terms, never mind six months
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

birdie

Post by birdie »

Petingo wrote:
carcinogen wrote:6 months in prison if you wear fake medals. The govt. are cracking down. It's so fucking good to see our govt. focusing on this important issue. There isn't a fucking day that goes by when I think to myself: "I wish they would do something about people wearing fake medals". Still, it's not all bad news, these pair of fannies will get banged-up. For want of a better word.

I know that there has been some discussions about people parading at the Cenotaph wearing caps and medals which they are not entitled to, there was footage on one of the news channels the other day of a bloke wearing 14 medals to which he wasn't entitled, he was also wearing a cap and badge which he shouldn't have been. Je isn't the only one to have done this but it is very difficult to know who these people are, if a bloke turns up and joins a march how are the genuine ones to know he's a fraud? This may seem trivial to some but let me assure you that it's the most insulting thing that anyone can do to those who have faught and won those medals, also to the son/daughters/grandchildren who wear their deceased fathers/grandfathers awards on the right hand side, those medals were also won in circumstances which most of us cannot even imagine. Some of those medal have been awarded posthously to those who fell in battle so someone pretending they are enttitled to wear a medal is an insult to those fallen also.

As for that picture, it's obviously fancy dress and doesn't add anything to the discussion, it only goes to trivialise something which, to many people, is a very serious subject.
Rant over.
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

birdie wrote:
Petingo wrote:

I know that there has been some discussions about people parading at the Cenotaph wearing caps and medals which they are not entitled to, there was footage on one of the news channels the other day of a bloke wearing 14 medals to which he wasn't entitled, he was also wearing a cap and badge which he shouldn't have been. Je isn't the only one to have done this but it is very difficult to know who these people are, if a bloke turns up and joins a march how are the genuine ones to know he's a fraud? This may seem trivial to some but let me assure you that it's the most insulting thing that anyone can do to those who have faught and won those medals, also to the son/daughters/grandchildren who wear their deceased fathers/grandfathers awards on the right hand side, those medals were also won in circumstances which most of us cannot even imagine. Some of those medal have been awarded posthously to those who fell in battle so someone pretending they are enttitled to wear a medal is an insult to those fallen also.

As for that picture, it's obviously fancy dress and doesn't add anything to the discussion, it only goes to trivialise something which, to many people, is a very serious subject.
Rant over.

Lighten up, Bird.....it is Friday :)
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

No longer the Bridesmaid

It's not fancy dress they wear it at home. Dwighty screams for more "pudding" aka a dickydump on his merkin

birdie

Post by birdie »

So you think insulting those who fought in conflict trivial, do you?

birdie

Post by birdie »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:It's not fancy dress they wear it at home. Dwighty screams for more "pudding" aka a dickydump on his merkin
People can dress up and play pretend in the confines of their four wall to their hearts content, but to parade at a remembrance parade and pretend you are something you are not is a different matter. I hazard a guess that those who have fought and those you have lost relatives find it very insulting.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

That imposter who was on the Man U team photo in Munich many years ago would have damaged the club's reputation and affected share prices and damaged the global economy. Should he have been imprisoned too birdy? His stupidity could have affected interest rates and put people in this country on the streets.

What about Prince Harry when he dressed like a Nazi prison officer? Should he have been jailed for showing disregard for the families of servicemen who fought in the war?

See the thing with your argument is that anyone who offends someone else selectively should face prison which is ludicrous. There needs to be consistency and if you fill the prisons with people who have offended you what about those who have committed actual crimes like murder, rape and armed robbery? Prison in this case seems ridiculous.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

birdie wrote:So you think insulting those who fought in conflict trivial, do you?
What do you term as "insulting those who fought.."? If someone stands on the street corner heckling and using offensive slogans, that person could be arrested and face charges of disturbing the peace. Is this not enough? I can think of a lot of people who should be arrested for what they say but let's have some level of freedom in society instead of pointing fingers indignantly as someone else and say "throw them in the slammer and shuck the key away!" which is what you seem to be advocating.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Next cenotaph memorial ceremony, we should get a load of guys wearing Mercedes and Volkswagen logos on chains as medals.

To honour the beastie boys, who fought for our right to party.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

paolo wrote:Smacks of Cameron reactionary piss politics

Called stolen valour over here

I'd rather they crack down on the misuse of the word 'hero'
I agree . Soldiers aren't heroes for going out to Iraq and Afghanistan and destabilising those countries . Those wars have achieved nothing . Lots of innocent children died because of British bombs and warfarin . The middle east was peaceful relatively before the west started meddling .
MJInnocent

No longer the Bridesmaid

kancutlawns wrote:What about Prince Harry when he dressed like a Nazi prison officer? Should he have been jailed
Yes

Impersonating a royal

Being ginge

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

:lol:

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

birdie wrote:
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:It's not fancy dress they wear it at home. Dwighty screams for more "pudding" aka a dickydump on his merkin
People can dress up and play pretend in the confines of their four wall to their hearts content, but to parade at a remembrance parade and pretend you are something you are not is a different matter. I hazard a guess that those who have fought and those you have lost relatives find it very insulting.
It's a disgraceful thing to do. But jail? Aren't Walter Mitty types likely to have mental health issues? Not sure what we gain from putting them in jail.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Everyone should be in jail tbf. Humans aren't fit for purpose.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Every fat queenie fuck loves a sailor.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Ralph wrote:
birdie wrote:
It's a disgraceful thing to do. But jail? Aren't Walter Mitty types likely to have mental health issues? Not sure what we gain from putting them in jail.
I don't think I said that shoving them in clinck was the right thing to do, I just said that what they do is very insulting to those who have the right to wear them, and yes, they probably do have mental issues, like someone who exagerates their qualifications or awards. MP's are prone to overreaction sometimes, it's a way of getting themselves noticed by their constituents, and that berk Berkow doesn't helf by granting UQ's and emergency debates when even the side that requests the UQ or debate (Labour usually) only has half a dozen members in the Chamber.

Reg

Post by Reg »

birdie wrote:it's the most insulting thing that anyone can do to those who have faught and won those medals
No it isn't - and anyway, I doubt they intend it as an insult. If anything they are probably fantasists who want to be like their heroes.

I doubt the dead soldiers would be particularly bothered by it either - they were just normal people, and most normal people don't consider the actions of a few harmless oddballs to be of any great importance.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Reg wrote:
birdie wrote:it's the most insulting thing that anyone can do to those who have faught and won those medals
No it isn't - and anyway, I doubt they intend it as an insult. If anything they are probably fantasists who want to be like their heroes.

I doubt the dead soldiers would be particularly bothered by it either - they were just normal people, and most normal people don't consider the actions of a few harmless oddballs to be of any great importance.
That's spot on Reg. I was actually asked about this a while ago in connection with a story and they were dissapointed that they couldn't really get anyone who'd got medals to join in the hysteria. There's a group of tossers on the Internet who spend their time bollocking on about this, but in my humble opinion they're just as big nutters as the people who wear fake medals.
By the way, is that Elton John in the photograph , in which case they're probably real medals awarded for encouraging gay marriage and other great causes .
Anyway, I digress. I don't like it when little tossers disrespect military service and the sacrifice of lives. I don't like it when people blame soldiers for wars as someone did above because you can get shot a bit whatever the rights or wrongs of a particular conflict, and you have no part in deciding those things. I also don't like it when soft people get excited about trivial bollocks about parking on yellow lines and stuff because they're lucky enough not to have seen things that really matter.
All these things can wind me up , but I just can't get motivated about some silly fucker who likes dressing up in strange uniforms , medals, campaign ribbons and insignia that don't even match up. In a strange way it's a mark of respect I think. I'm glad for them that they still regard the whole thing as romantic or exciting.
The respect and love we feel for fallen comrades is something else altogether and so is the revulsion for war, which is indeed revolting in the fullest sense of the word. The respect is not for the tokens handed out as a theatrical compensation for blood and murder, but for those who know and detest the nature of war, yet somehow manage to put that aside and do it anyway because they know that it's sometimes necessary.

Tell you another thing which pisses me off actually, now that we're on the subject, is tosser politicians and journalists trying to exploit a sense of outrage which they're not entitled to for their own benefit in meaningless stunts like this one.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Royal24s wrote:
Reg wrote:

That's spot on Reg. I was actually asked about this a while ago in connection with a story and they were dissapointed that they couldn't really get anyone who'd got medals to join in the hysteria. There's a group of tossers on the Internet who spend their time bollocking on about this, but in my humble opinion they're just as big nutters as the people who wear fake medals.
By the way, is that Elton John in the photograph , in which case they're probably real medals awarded for encouraging gay marriage and other great causes .
Anyway, I digress. I don't like it when little tossers disrespect military service and the sacrifice of lives. I don't like it when people blame soldiers for wars as someone did above because you can get shot a bit whatever the rights or wrongs of a particular conflict, and you have no part in deciding those things. I also don't like it when soft people get excited about trivial bollocks about parking on yellow lines and stuff because they're lucky enough not to have seen things that really matter.
All these things can wind me up , but I just can't get motivated about some silly fucker who likes dressing up in strange uniforms , medals, campaign ribbons and insignia that don't even match up. In a strange way it's a mark of respect I think. I'm glad for them that they still regard the whole thing as romantic or exciting.
The respect and love we feel for fallen comrades is something else altogether and so is the revulsion for war, which is indeed revolting in the fullest sense of the word. The respect is not for the tokens handed out as a theatrical compensation for blood and murder, but for those who know and detest the nature of war, yet somehow manage to put that aside and do it anyway because they know that it's sometimes necessary.

Tell you another thing which pisses me off actually, now that we're on the subject, is tosser politicians and journalists trying to exploit a sense of outrage which they're not entitled to for their own benefit in meaningless stunts like this one.
What he said.
and I'll add I dont see any point in wasting any police time on this kind of thing
and furthermore it is just ridiculous to waste very short prison places on harmless idiots when real violent criminals walk free
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Everyone should be in jail tbf. Humans aren't fit for purpose.

This is the most sensible post I have ever read on a message board, me.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Medals are a tool for rich cunts to keep poor cunts down. Fuck medals. 'Sir' Jimmy Saville pretty much closes the argument for gongs given out. It's all fucking bollocks. Which is fine. I'll have bollocks, just don't take the fucking piss.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.