Strong Polish Beer for a quid

In-depth debate on all topical issues
carcinogen

Strong Polish Beer for a quid

Post by carcinogen »

I won't bore you all with my own struggles with alcoholism, but I thought the govt. were going to crackdown on the price of super(ish) strong lager? Yes, I know most of us want less interference from The State in our lives, but on this matter I am slightly disappointed. I can now get this 7.6 stuff for a quid from my local offy.

I don't want it. I don't need it. But for a quid, I cannot refuse it.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Re: Strong Polish Beer for a quid

Post by Basualdo »

Malt liquor is a bit of an aquired taste though.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

birdie

Post by birdie »

carcinogen wrote:I won't bore you all with my own struggles with alcoholism, but I thought the govt. were going to crackdown on the price of super(ish) strong lager? Yes, I know most of us want less interference from The State in our lives, but on this matter I am slightly disappointed. I can now get this 7.6 stuff for a quid from my local offy.

I don't want it. I don't need it. But for a quid, I cannot refuse it.
I don't suppose that the offy bloke is grabbing hold of youm narching you into the shop and making you buy it so I'm assuming that you're walking into the shop of your own volition. You don't want it and you don't need it but you still buy it, , that's like a nun buying condoms just because the shop sells them. Where about is this offy, I wouldn't mind taste testing the stuff.
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

birdie

Post by birdie »

This is what annoys the hell out of me, just because there are those who cannot (yes, I know alcoholism is an illness albeit self inflicted) or will not moderate their consumption the government want to price certain products out of the market for those who don't abuse that product.
A few years ago there were those who tried to stop M&S selling their meal deals saying that a bottle of wine between two people was too much, they didn't for one second consider that the contents may not have been consumed in one go.
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

kooster

Post by kooster »

If I have known about this I would voted to remain, instead i'll have to stick to Aldi's Taurus Cider. £1.99 for a four pack.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".