Post truth Post

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Post truth Post

Post by Royal24s »

T

The whole purpose of word banning and speech control is nothing whatever to do with protecting anyone from offence. It's an effective way of controlling language and limiting the expression of dissenting opinions, first defined and introduced in the Soviet Union.

That's only half of it though. There's also an active form of it, which involved introducing new words and expressions which have a meaning beyond their original literal definition, and must be constantly repeated and applied to almost everything at every opportunity until the subtle implication of the phrase seeps gradually into the minds of the gullible like an intellectual skin poison.

" Conspiracy Theory" is a phrase devised by the CIA in the sixties as a counter to any embarrassing discovery, and it has over the years become a huge and very effective antidote to truth. Merely saying "Conspiracy Theory" completely disproves whatever you've been caught doing and portrays the accuser as a lunatic .
Any remaining doubt on the matter can be dispelled by calling them a racist, ( no need for any basis here, it's such a powerful phrase it's now free- standing and can be applied to any white person).

Well, all good things must come to an end and the incantation "Conspiracy Theory" is actually wearing a bit thin now. It's lasted nearly sixty years but even the most stupid consumer of the Globalist con is beginning to catch on that it's bollocks.

Therefore, there's a brand new word weapon to ward off any logical argument which you can't argue with "Post - truth". !!!!!

They've woven a whole bogus history about how it was first coined by some alleged genius we've never heard of, but there's that old implication that everyone else has so we'd better keep quiet in case we seem stupid , and how it gradually became an everyday phrase as people all over the world realised that the truth had been abandoned when people challenged  globalism and questioned the massive great big fucking lies they'd been feeding people.

Of course it hasn't actually been in common use at all. It's just been pulled out of the arse of establishment propagandists pretty much overnight and most people had never heard it a few weeks ago.

By a series of intellectual summersaults and a bit of pseudo intellectual bullying, we are meant to deduce that the application of this word means that whoever uses it is does king the truth and that anyone contradicting them is lying and deluded.

It's a pathetic attempt to re invent an old and failed information control method, and I urge you to expose it as such wherever and whenever it appears.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

m4 colin

Re: Post truth Post

Post by m4 colin »

This .....Conspiracy theory
Misogynist
Racist
Homophobic
Islamophobic
And many others are nothing more than mechanisms to shut down debate. Usually a debate the lefties are going to loose
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

m4 colin wrote:This .....Conspiracy theory
Misogynist
Racist
Homophobic
Islamophobic
And many others are nothing more than mechanisms to shut down debate. Usually a debate the lefties are going to loose
What do you want to say that you feel pressured into not saying?

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Ralph wrote:
Misogynist
Racist
Homophobic
Islamophobic
Nothing ..... I calls a spade a fucking shovel
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Just read what it means, must admit I've never really heard of it before.

So, what are your biggest "Post truths" throughout the murky world of the Politician?

WHO SAID THIS POST TRUTH?,,,, 'It concludes that Iraq has chemical and biological weapons, that Saddam has continued to produce them, that he has existing and active military plans for the use of chemical and biological weapons, which could be activated within 45 minutes, including against his own Shia population; and that he is actively trying to acquire nuclear weapons capability.'

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

I'm pleased that someone has taken the trouble to try to highlight this dangerous and deceitful phrase.
As I mentioned on another thread- I had honestly never heard of it until a few days ago, yet I like to think I read & listen to a greater than average amount of news and current affairs, - and now, out of the blue, the Oxford dictionary (or whoever it was) proclaims it the word of the year?! Really? - can no-one think of many far more widely used words from this year? (actually, - just about any word whatsoever would fit the bill).
As royals advises - don't be sucked into this scandalous bit of mind control.
E & OE

PG30

Post by PG30 »

Royal24s wrote:T

The whole purpose of word banning and speech control is nothing whatever to do with protecting anyone from offence. It's an effective way of controlling language and limiting the expression of dissenting opinions, first defined and introduced in the Soviet Union.

That's only half of it though. There's also an active form of it, which involved introducing new words and expressions which have a meaning beyond their original literal definition, and must be constantly repeated and applied to almost everything at every opportunity until the subtle implication of the phrase seeps gradually into the minds of the gullible like an intellectual skin poison.

" Conspiracy Theory" is a phrase devised by the CIA in the sixties as a counter to any embarrassing discovery, and it has over the years become a huge and very effective antidote to truth. Merely saying "Conspiracy Theory" completely disproves whatever you've been caught doing and portrays the accuser as a lunatic .
Any remaining doubt on the matter can be dispelled by calling them a racist, ( no need for any basis here, it's such a powerful phrase it's now free- standing and can be applied to any white person).

Well, all good things must come to an end and the incantation "Conspiracy Theory" is actually wearing a bit thin now. It's lasted nearly sixty years but even the most stupid consumer of the Globalist con is beginning to catch on that it's bollocks.

Therefore, there's a brand new word weapon to ward off any logical argument which you can't argue with "Post - truth". !!!!!

They've woven a whole bogus history about how it was first coined by some alleged genius we've never heard of, but there's that old implication that everyone else has so we'd better keep quiet in case we seem stupid , and how it gradually became an everyday phrase as people all over the world realised that the truth had been abandoned when people challenged  globalism and questioned the massive great big fucking lies they'd been feeding people.

Of course it hasn't actually been in common use at all. It's just been pulled out of the arse of establishment propagandists pretty much overnight and most people had never heard it a few weeks ago.

By a series of intellectual summersaults and a bit of pseudo intellectual bullying, we are meant to deduce that the application of this word means that whoever uses it is does king the truth and that anyone contradicting them is lying and deluded.

It's a pathetic attempt to re invent an old and failed information control method, and I urge you to expose it as such wherever and whenever it appears.
Why are you so concerned by a word?

Hits a bit too close to home for you doesn't it

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Although one myself, brexiteers were guilty in dropping a big one during the referendum campaign.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

m4 colin wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Misogynist
Racist
Homophobic
Islamophobic
If you feel free to say what you like what are you complaining about?

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Ralph wrote:
m4 colin wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Misogynist
Racist
Homophobic
Islamophobic
These words have been hugely instrumental in closing down debate over the years as you well know - they are still being brandished by the establishment, and it is only the extraordinary events of this year's voting outcomes that have empowered some questioning of their veracity.
And now we have a new addition in post-truth, - had you heard the expression before the last week or so ralph? (or anyone else for that matter - genuinely interested to know).
E & OE

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

m4 colin wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Misogynist
Racist
Homophobic
Islamophobic
One is different to the other. :D
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Ralph wrote:
Misogynist
Racist
Homophobic
Islamophobic
Probably , like everyone else, he'd like to be able to express himself freely but has to phrase everything very carefully in case he's accused of some ism or another which is forbidden.
Although the accusation will probably be groundless it's just not worth the trouble in most cases.
- At least it's been like this for a long time, but perhaps things are changing at long last.

I must say that your question there, Ralph, has an element of the Witch Finder General in it.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
m4 colin wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Misogynist
Racist
Homophobic
Islamophobic
These words have been hugely instrumental in closing down debate over the years as you well know - they are still being brandished by the establishment, and it is only the extraordinary events of this year's voting outcomes that have empowered some questioning of their veracity.
And now we have a new addition in post-truth, - had you heard the expression before the last week or so ralph? (or anyone else for that matter - genuinely interested to know).
What has the phrase 'post-truth' stopped you saying that you wanted to? Sounds like grievance hunting to me.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
m4 colin wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Misogynist
Racist
Homophobic
Islamophobic
What has the phrase 'post-truth' stopped you saying that you wanted to? Sounds like grievance hunting to me.
I'm happy to explain my criticism of the phrase, but right now I'm just curious if you had heard it until relatively recently.
E & OE

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
m4 colin wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Misogynist
Racist
Homophobic
Islamophobic
I'm happy to explain my criticism of the phrase, but right now I'm just curious if you had heard it until relatively recently.
Yeah. Relatively recently. Can't remember exactly when I first heard it.

Can you answer my question now?

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
Ralph wrote:
m4 colin wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Yeah. Relatively recently. Can't remember exactly when I first heard it.

Can you answer my question now?
Thanks for that, - pretty much the same here - as I've said, - I'd be interested what others say as well.

As to your question:

‘Post-Truth’ is (as I keep saying) far too new to have had any effect upon my comments anywhere (although of course, in the last couple of days, I’ve spent many minutes using it that I wouldn’t have otherwise done, pre-oxford dictionary’s perplexing announcement).
The other words covered earlier in this thread have had a huge impact upon debate and discussion over the years, as you know only too well, given the labour party’s own employment of them, often with great success (from their perspective).
I think post-truth has been introduced to belittle the results of recent votes, and more importantly, belittle the type of person who will be so ‘gullible’ to believe and vote as a result.
All part of the drip,drip, psychology that has worked so well in the past.
It’s up to us all not to fall for this one.
E & OE

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Was it the BBC News on Tuesday ?

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Or are on George Sorros' direct e-mail list ?

PG30

Post by PG30 »

Royal24s wrote:Or are on George Sorros' direct e-mail list ?
I didn't see him mention it in his weekly memo this week

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

What's the obsession with Soros and Infowars?
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

PG30

Post by PG30 »

kancutlawns wrote:What's the obsession with Soros and Infowars?
Some kind of lizard people aren't they?

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Soros must be pushing 90. Did he know there was an election going on?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Yup. Strange isn't it how posters tend not to complain about HMRC, the police, retailers, councils, banks, utilities, intelligence agencies, transport organisations or others that curb or freedoms and we end up paying through the noses for using their services but complain about vague, unproven rubbish like being chipped from birth to death, Soros benefitting to the tune of billions from the US elections and Russia being benign pussies.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Ralph wrote:
Probably not but as senile as his advancing years this is obviously a carefully crafted ruse by this dastardly individual who has his arm up Hillary's back or vice versa.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Ralph wrote:
Prob something to do with infowars and many other sites trying to be banned.

Free speech lads...you not care for it?
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd