Should obese people be restricted from McDonalds?

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Heady

Should obese people be restricted from McDonalds?

Post by Heady »

To protect them from their urges?
My mate said once that the doors to fast food places should only be 20" wide and if you cant get in to be served then so be it tubs.
Obviously we need to have a think about the wheelchair ones but in general i think it's a go and will save the NHS a few bob.

Rossco

Re: Should obese people be restricted from McDonalds?

Post by Rossco »

No. If fatties want to be fat and die then let them. Let them do an Elvis through their own free will uh-huh

Who are you or I to tell anyone what they can and can't eat. Things like this guff annoy me. Wise up. But fatties can't cry if people make fun of them either. Two way street as always.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

What I want to know is the rest of us who probably look after our diets have to manage with retailers reducing the quantity of packaged food in the supermarkets yet smaller amounts don't seem to apply to the likes of McDonalds and Burger King which one would have thought should be a more obvious target.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Rossco wrote:No. If fatties want to be fat and die then let them. Let them do an Elvis through their own free will uh-huh

Who are you or I to tell anyone what they can and can't eat. Things like this guff annoy me. Wise up. But fatties can't cry if people make fun of them either. Two way street as always.
I agree with the principle but in light of my post above, the government loves to nanny us which I find incredibly annoying and against my values in living in a "free country."

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Agree with Rossco.

We live in a free country - well, kind of.

What I would say is that unless obese people have an underlying medical condition that has caused the weight issue, I do not think they should receive disproportionate NHS treatment to the rest of us that try to stay healthy. Same applies to smokers and heavy drinkers.

I have never understood obesity. When I have been ill and laid up after an operation, I put weight on pretty quickly. As soon as I am well enough, I exercise (walk, run, cycle, rowing machine) like mad until I am back to my normal weight. It really s not that difficult once you put your mind to it.
Last edited by Steve Hunt on Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

They shouldn't make their burgers so tasty. McDonald's also sell salads and healthier options now
MJInnocent

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

kancutlawns wrote:What I want to know is the rest of us who probably look after our diets have to manage with retailers reducing the quantity of packaged food in the supermarkets yet smaller amounts don't seem to apply to the likes of McDonalds and Burger King which one would have thought should be a more obvious target.
They don't reduce the amount of packaged food for the health of their customers, no, the cheap bastards do it to screw every last penny out of us.
No one forces anyone into fast food shops at gunpoint and no one is forced to eat everything in front of them either.
Anyway have you seen the size of burgers in MacDonalds these days? Not exactly elephant choking.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

theleader82 wrote:They shouldn't make their burgers so tasty. McDonald's also sell salads and healthier options now

They do, but who realistically is going to go to a burger joint for a salad? I certainly wouldn't.

If I want a burger, I have one. The key is not going in these places all the bloody time. It isn't rocket science.

ENIC OUT

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Basualdo wrote: Anyway have you seen the size of burgers in MacDonalds these days? Not exactly elephant choking.
That's true.

I still feel hungry after a big mac & fries :oops:

ENIC OUT

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote:They shouldn't make their burgers so tasty. McDonald's also sell salads and healthier options now
Not make them tasty? Don't think that McDonalds would somehow start putting horse manure, creosote and arsenic in their burgers if there sales dried up. McDonalds scaled down their "healthy" food options years ago. Why would anyone get salads from Maccy D's in any case when you can get salads from M&S, Waitrose or Pret A Manger?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Basualdo wrote: Anyway have you seen the size of burgers in MacDonalds these days? Not exactly elephant choking.
That's true.

Maccie D's have those special offers where you can have Burger and fries for £1.99. Getting two meals inside a fiver is pretty good value.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Heady wrote:To protect them from their urges?
My mate said once that the doors to fast food places should only be 20" wide and if you cant get in to be served then so be it tubs.
Obviously we need to have a think about the wheelchair ones but in general i think it's a go and will save the NHS a few bob.
Let's hope we're on the way away from that kind of thinking. McDonalds are there to make money by selling food and I expect fat people buy a lot of it.
People should be able to decide what they eat without interference from the government , and this isn't a legitimate law.
Incidentally, like most lefty ideas it'd create more problems than it solved. It'd be a fire risk and you couldn't get a stretcher through, could you - you know , all those obvious little things that normal people consider without some authoritarian local council making regulations about.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

So now the idea of discouraging over-consumption of junk foods is a "leftie" one is it?
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Hillman avenger wrote:So now the idea of discouraging over-consumption of junk foods is a "leftie" one is it?
I would say it is a common sense one, myself

ENIC OUT

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

kancutlawns wrote:
Not make them tasty? Don't think that McDonalds would somehow start putting horse manure, creosote and arsenic in their burgers if there sales dried up. McDonalds scaled down their "healthy" food options years ago. Why would anyone get salads from Maccy D's in any case when you can get salads from M&S, Waitrose or Pret A Manger?
McDonalds has been struggling for a number of years as subway has grown rapidly in the U.K. And Europe. We need better education in schools and guidance from doctors regarding healthy eating.
MJInnocent

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Royal24s wrote: McDonalds are there to make money by selling food and I expect fat people buy a lot of it.
People should be able to decide what they eat without interference from the government
Agreed. But, as with smokers, alcoholics & drug addicts, I don't see why these people who choose to live like that should have more NHS/Tax Payer money spent on them than the rest of us who try to lead vaguely healthy lives.

It is all about personal responsibility. If you choose to live your life in an irresponsible manner, why should the state pick up the bill?

ENIC OUT

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

theleader82 wrote: McDonalds has been struggling for a number of years as subway has grown rapidly in the U.K. And Europe.
Something that I find utterly bewildering.

I have never been to a Subway since they announced that all their meat is halal slaughtered.

I'm no animal activist (far from it), but halal slaughter seems to me to be utterly cruel & inhumane.

ENIC OUT

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
McDonalds has been struggling for a number of years as subway has grown rapidly in the U.K. And Europe. We need better education in schools and guidance from doctors regarding healthy eating.
Education won't do anything. Some people like the taste, availability, convenience and low cost of fast food which is what makes it appealing. A large section of society don't like to consume rabbit food and run marathons and it's the sedentary lifestyle we lead.

No one really listens to doctors now when all sorts of new dietary and lifestyle advice contradicts what came before. Let people do their own research about what's good for them instead of having doctors force feeding (no pun intended) crap advice.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Steve Hunt wrote:
theleader82 wrote: McDonalds has been struggling for a number of years as subway has grown rapidly in the U.K. And Europe.

I have never been to a Subway since they announced that all their meat is halal slaughtered.

I'm no animal activist (far from it), but halal slaughter seems to me to be utterly cruel & inhumane.
Steve, halal meat is served in a quarter of their branches if that and is only on predominantly Muslim areas which accounts for boosted sales. Anyway let's not turn this into yet another thread about Muslim bashing, there are enough of these already.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

kancutlawns wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:

Steve, halal meat is served in a quarter of their branches if that and is only on predominantly Muslim areas which accounts for boosted sales. Anyway let's not turn this into yet another thread about Muslim bashing, there are enough of these already.
Sorry mate. I didn't intend my post to be a Muslim thing, Lawnsy. That's why I did not mention them removing pork, ham & bacon from 200 branches.

It is an animal welfare/cruelty issue for me.

ENIC OUT

Reg

Post by Reg »

Basualdo wrote: They don't reduce the amount of packaged food for the health of their customers, no, the cheap bastards do it to screw every last penny out of us.
That's a very cynical view.

What about the charitable causes the big supermarkets support?

And Tesco offer a free piece of fruit to every young child who enters the shop.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

kancutlawns wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
That's true.

Maccie D's have those special offers where you can have Burger and fries for £1.99. Getting two meals inside a fiver is pretty good value.
So why would waddling dole scum go to Waitrose or pret a fucking manger for a salad which would cost a fucking arm and a leg when they can get cheap lard at Maccies?
I released the blob must to my darkest dread

But its mint choc chip which is the ice cream flavour of Satan's spermatozoa

Careful now, you’re being beastly to Leado and this canno he totlerated.

About to get underway at the Berbabeu

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Sid Pervcat wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
That's true.

So why would waddling dole scum go to Waitrose or pret a fucking manger for a salad which would cost a fucking arm and a leg when they can get cheap lard at Maccies?
Well, it's a bit much to ask I know, but they could cook themselves a nutritious meal.

ENIC OUT

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Steve Hunt wrote:
Sid Pervcat wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
That's true.

Well, it's a bit much to ask I know, but they could cook themselves a nutritious meal.
Indeed, can't turn on the TV for all those cookery shows. No excuse for not cooking for oneself.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Steve Hunt wrote:Agree with Rossco.

We live in a free country - well, kind of.

What I would say is that unless obese people have an underlying medical condition that has caused the weight issue, I do not think they should receive disproportionate NHS treatment to the rest of us that try to stay healthy. Same applies to smokers and heavy drinkers.

I have never understood obesity. When I have been ill and laid up after an operation, I put weight on pretty quickly. As soon as I am well enough, I exercise (walk, run, cycle, rowing machine) like mad until I am back to my normal weight. It really s not that difficult once you put your mind to it.
The post I agree with most on the subject. There has to be a deterrent to stop these porkers clogging up the hospitals. Anyone who brings illness on themselves by irresponsibility should be treated differently to the rest. And no this does not include sports people who are trying to keep fit, who need hospital treatment. It is as above in the main smokers, heavy drinkers and lard arses.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite