Paul Gascoigne

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Zambo

Re: Paul Gascoigne

Post by Zambo »

If he was a fucking dog he'd have been put down years ago. Would have certainly saved a whole load of wasted expense anyroad.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

He's no different from a hundred other ex-footballers except that he's famous and, to some extent, the nation's sweetheart. That's why he's in all the papers.
Alcoholism or at least heavy drinking is the way lots of them end up; it's the boredom, you see. They're relatively young, not particularly bright, and have nothing else to while away the endless empty days.
If you look at rock stars, with access to every drug in unlimited quantities, the one that did for them was alcohol, the legal one.

As for George Best, he wasn't so much a footballer who ended up an alcoholic, but an alcoholic who was good at football. The miracle was how he kept it together as long as he did.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

All those I knew from years ago who liked a fucking good drink and generally got more drunk than the rest of us are now alcoholics. All of them.

The signs are there very early.

That said, isnl't jimmy five bellies teetotal now? :o

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

If only the players in the 70s had Twitter , they might have played longer, but have eroded any hint of personality .
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "