Armistice Day

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Rossco

Armistice Day

Post by Rossco »

With the world the way it is at this moment in time lets all hope we can all learn from history.

phpBB [video]
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Fug1

Re: Armistice Day

Post by Fug1 »

I can only imagine how horrible trench warfare must have been.

I really don't think I would have been man enough to do it.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

All gave Something Some gave everything :( ..........Bless them all
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Children nowadays are interested in video games and sbapchat then learning about history . There have been many wars all over the world for centuries
MJInnocent

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Best not to dwell on it really , but I think we had a narrow escape recently.
Hard to strike a balance between respect for those who suffered and died and a determination , ( however futile), not to do it again.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

theleader82 wrote:Children nowadays are interested in video games and sbapchat
Is that Snapchat with baps?
I released the blob must to my darkest dread

But its mint choc chip which is the ice cream flavour of Satan's spermatozoa

Careful now, you’re being beastly to Leado and this canno he totlerated.

About to get underway at the Berbabeu

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote:Children nowadays are interested in video games and sbapchat then learning about history . There have been many wars all over the world for centuries
You're having a laugh aren't you? Mocking children whilst all the time you watch reality shite, go on Tindr and have a fixation on one athlete bumming another.

I seriously don't think anyone wants their kids to go out and fight mindless, bloody wars like the two world wars. We've hopefully progressed from those days of mindless slaughter and if modern entertainment technology provides as alternative then that's a good thing, no?
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

kancutlawns wrote:
theleader82 wrote:Children nowadays are interested in video games and sbapchat then learning about history . There have been many wars all over the world for centuries
You're having a laugh aren't you? Mocking children whilst all the time you watch reality shite, go on Tindr and have a fixation on one athlete bumming another.

I seriously don't think anyone wants their kids to go out and fight mindless, bloody wars like the two world wars. We've hopefully progressed from those days of mindless slaughter and if modern entertainment technology provides as alternative then that's a good thing, no?
My point was children have no interest in British history and prefer to waste their time doing mindless things . Soldiers in the past didn't have a choice if they wanted to go to war or not. Games like call of duty trivialise warfare
MJInnocent

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I make you right leader. For starters our history is now deemed racist, non-inclusive or downright imperialist by those asked to teach it. you've only got tolook at the Cecil Rhodes debacle to realise British history has been placed on the ducking stool. It's either a twisted version being taught or nothing at all. Other peoples' history seems more important.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:

My point was children have no interest in British history and prefer to waste their time doing mindless things . Soldiers in the past didn't have a choice if they wanted to go to war or not. Games like call of duty trivialise warfare
Utter cockwash and brainless stereotyping from the DM reading, hard of reasoning. How do you know that children don't know about history? And it's global history because people from the colonies fought and died for the British.

What do you regard as mindless things then? Do you want to go back to the days where people died of cholera, went to workhouses and had no status in society?

Your point about soldiers not having a choice epitomises the ruling class including privileged military leaders, political classes and monarchs sending them out to inevitable death in the fields of Verdun. We don't want those days to come back thank you very much. If you do then go and fight in Syria.

Once again, you're conflating vague points and making very little sense.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

m4rkb wrote:I make you right leader. For starters our history is now deemed racist, non-inclusive or downright imperialist by those asked to teach it. you've only got tolook at the Cecil Rhodes debacle to realise British history has been placed on the ducking stool. It's either a twisted version being taught or nothing at all. Other peoples' history seems more important.
People and children if they have any initiative and craving for history don't need to rely on the official narrative. Why can't they go and do their own initiative and research historical archive material and there is shedloads available. Don't think complaining about PC schooling is valid unless you're suggesting that we're only capable of being spooned and in that case it's not the education system that's to blame but the thick twats who are parents.
'
I don't get your point that other peoples' history is deemed more important than ours. Do you have any examples. If this is the case, then surely those people should be praised for valuing their own heritage and customs instead of mocking the educational system.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Creeping into sporting occasions. Creepy.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

kancutlawns wrote:
m4rkb wrote:I make you right leader. For starters our history is now deemed racist, non-inclusive or downright imperialist by those asked to teach it. you've only got tolook at the Cecil Rhodes debacle to realise British history has been placed on the ducking stool. It's either a twisted version being taught or nothing at all. Other peoples' history seems more important.
People and children if they have any initiative and craving for history don't need to rely on the official narrative. Why can't they go and do their own initiative and research historical archive material and there is shedloads available. Don't think complaining about PC schooling is valid unless you're suggesting that we're only capable of being spooned and in that case it's not the education system that's to blame but the thick twats who are parents.
'
I don't get your point that other peoples' history is deemed more important than ours. Do you have any examples. If this is the case, then surely those people should be praised for valuing their own heritage and customs instead of mocking the educational system.

After your first sentence , I'd already planned to mention parents and other outside of schooling influences so I'm glad to see you steel my thunder by bringing that up yourself.

Modern parents in many cases seem as thick as shit to me and deprive their kids of an awful lot due to their thickness. This is why the world of work is so good because of the people you meet - especially good working class environments like the building industry. Any job to be honest other than lifetime of learning from the useless excuses that are their parents.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

carcinogen wrote:Creeping into sporting occasions. Creepy.
On today of all days... Really. Same game that had Rufgees Welcome with out a problem.

Shame on my countries FA and the players who played. Have lost my support.

At least England and Scotland wore a poppy on the black armband. Should have been chest really. And should have told FIFA to do one... Dock the points. Weak but not as weak as my countries clown of an FA.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Last edited by kancutlawns on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Rossco wrote:
On today of all days... Really. Same game that had Rufgees Welcome
Rossco wrote:
On today of all days... Really. Same game that had Rufgees Welcome with out a problem.

At least England and Scotland wore a poppy on the black armband. Should have been chest really. And should have told FIFA to do one... Dock the points. Weak but not as weak as my countries clown of an FA.
I agree. Didn't watch the match, listened to a bit on the radio. Sounds like a capitulation and that the FA and SFA lost their bollocks. If they made a big deal that they would defy any FIFA ruling on wearing religious or national symbols, they should have got the players to wear the poppy with pride and be bold instead of which they backed down and did something as a token.

Utter cunts with the backbone of a fish. I'm now hoping the FA get hit with a big sanction as this is now what they deserve and look fucking stupid. Achieved nothing of any worth with this backdown. It's a matter of principle more than anything.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Football has been completely spoiled for me by becoming politicised actually. It used to be fun, but now it's like Lambeth Council on AstroTurf .
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Armband ..a poor compromise . If our WW2 soldiers feared the Nazis as much as our F.A. feared FIFA where would we be ?
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

kancutlawns wrote:
Rossco wrote:
On today of all days... Really. Same game that had Rufgees Welcome
Rossco wrote:

I agree. Didn't watch the match, listened to a bit on the radio. Sounds like a capitulation and that the FA and SFA lost their bollocks. If they made a big deal that they would defy any FIFA ruling on wearing religious or national symbols, they should have got the players to wear the poppy with pride and be bold instead of which they backed down and did something as a token.

Utter cunts with the backbone of a fish. I'm now hoping the FA get hit with a big sanction as this is now what they deserve and look fucking stupid. Achieved nothing of any worth with this backdown. It's a matter of principle more than anything.
Amen

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

If I owned a football team I would have forthwith commissioned a new shirt for my team with a fucking great poppy on it
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

subsub

Post by subsub »

Someone I know told me I was wrong to wear a poppy, because it 'glamourises' war - utter bollocks.
It's about remembrance, not jingoism.

All that white-poppy shit - fuck off.
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE