End of NATO - Putin Laughs

In-depth debate on all topical issues
ollie

End of NATO - Putin Laughs

Post by ollie »

You know, guys, leading up to the US election it was said many times about how Trump and Putin would get along nice and dandy. To be honest I thought fair's fair. Good. The West and Russia can put aside all their fears and distrust and make new friends. That was until I read this morning's papers. It has now emerged that Trump would threaten America to leave NATO unless there was a massive increase in NATO members' financial commitments. AND THAT IS WHY Putin so loves Trump. America leaves NATO and Britain and Europe are at a massive threat from Russia. There has already been Ukraine-style goings on at the Estonian border - my wife is Estonian by the way - and Putin is trying it on again. Tell you guys we in Europe are ripe for the taking. And remember, if it wasn't for the US coming to the aid of Britain in WW2, we would all be speaking German today! Have a nice day!!
I get my kicks above the waistline, Sunshine - sometimes;-)

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Re: End of NATO - Putin Laughs

Post by Steve Hunt »

ollie wrote:It has now emerged that Trump would threaten America to leave NATO unless there was a massive increase in NATO members' financial commitments.
Good for him. He's fucking right. Why should America bear the brunt when the chances are that any conflict with Russia would be in Europe?

The real disgrace here is successive governments reducing our Armed Forces to little more than a Bos brigade, assuming that the US would forever prop up NATO.

Really great idea - ringfence donations to corrupt 3rd world dictators whilst simultaneously cutting back our own means to defend ourselves :roll:

Trump may be wrong on many things, but he's bang on with this.
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

ollie wrote:Tell you guys we in Europe are ripe for the taking.
If we are, then we only have ourselves to blame.

ENIC OUT

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Have to agree Steve, people moan about the US being the self appointed policemen of the world, fair play to Trump if he turns round and says fuck the lot of you.

If Russia do decide to kick the shit out of us fine.

Shame we don't have any means of defending ourselves.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Steve Hunt wrote:
+1. We're run by the corporates, Steve and have sold our national industries, military capabilities, state intelligence and backbone down the river.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

kancutlawns wrote:
Steve Hunt wrote:
+1. We're run by the corporates, Steve and have sold our national industries, military capabilities, state intelligence and backbone down the river.
Exactly, whilst successive governments have deliberately reduced our armed forces. I don't think we even have an aircraft carrier now.

No good blaming Trump or the USA - we created this farcical situation, deliberately.

ENIC OUT

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

NATO was formed as a foil against the Warsaw Pact, which no longer exists. I know that the Russians never understood why we kept it going after they dissolved the Warsaw Pact since both were Cold War alliances.
The West signed treaties in which they specifically guaranteed not to put troops in or form military alliances with countries such as Estonia which either border or are so close to the new Russian Federation that they might fear for their security. In return, Russia agreed to guarantee the sovereignty of these countries. Russia also agreed to similar buffer state prohibitions. This was all to prevent future Cuban missile crisis type situations.

Mistifyingly, it has been the West which has repeatedly broken these treaties and pushed the Russians constantly, so far without significant retaliation. This was the agenda of the globalises who wanted to recreate the Soviet Union in the form of the EU, but they're in some disorder now and I'm sure Donald Trump will reverse this dangerous provocation.
NATO has effectively become the military arm of the EU, and I doubt its legitimacy in the present situation .

I honestly don't think that the Russians have any intention or ambition to take countries like Estonia , which they could do easily and almost certainly without any resistance from nato. That's a fiction of the dwindling globalist media, but in the event that it happened I'd say that Donald Trump would be likely to intervene strongly.
Much better I'd say to solve these Obama contrived conflicts with honest dealing and common sense, but obviously from a position of military strength and an equally honest intent to defend ourselves if that was really necessary.

Only the USA and to some extent the UK bother to pay anything much into running nato, yet many countries rely on it as their defence mechanism. No one is going to start asking countries like Estonia to put money in, but Donald Trump has rightly questioned why rich countries like Germany and France should have their defence budgets subsidised by blue collar workers in the USA and guaranteed with potential American bloodshed.

In short, I honestly think the new policies which we can expect will be far more likely to preserve peace in these small east European countries than what had been going on under Obama .
The strengthening of the USA military is necessary so that a conciliatory stance will not be taken as weakness and cannot be taken advantage of.
I think we're in good hands thank God, and I haven't been able to say that for many years.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

I'd rather be ruled by Russia than Belgium.
Fred Kite: I've got to be off. I can't stay here arguing. I've got a lot to do. Report to the Executive, check up on the pickets.
Mrs. Kite: From what I can see, the only time you ever jolly well *do* any work is when you're on strike.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Royal24s wrote: NATO has effectively become the military arm of the EU.
The EU's role in destabilising the Ukraine should never be under estimated

ENIC OUT

PG30

Post by PG30 »

Fug1 wrote:Have to agree Steve, people moan about the US being the self appointed policemen of the world, fair play to Trump if he turns round and says fuck the lot of you.

fine?

I'd rather they didn't

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

PG30 wrote:
Fug1 wrote:Have to agree Steve, people moan about the US being the self appointed policemen of the world, fair play to Trump if he turns round and says fuck the lot of you.

fine?

I'd rather they didn't
Yup, don't want North Korea or Iran to but happy for Russia to

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

I'd rather they didn't too, but when has what you or I want got to do with it?

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Well, I'd say the lesson of the referendum and Donald Trump is that we CAN make what we want something to do with it again.

1776 !

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

It's nothing but a myth that the UK could defend itself against Russia. Even in the 80's it was said the maximum we could hold out for would be 3 days.

In 2016 it would be about 3 minutes without bringing nukes into it in which case it might rise to five.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Chilling take on it here:

"The Kremlin says a victory for Clinton would have sparked World War Three and electing Trump saved the world from Armageddon " - we can only hope.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eddon.html
Last edited by Roy Twing on Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E & OE

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

I think our scotch breddrins could take the motherland over on friday night with little more than buckie breath.!

We are that weak and pathetic.

Could you imagine the British youth standing up to anyone, or anything?

Neither can I, but they will call on us thickys one day to sort there shit out, I reckon I'll tell them to suck my cock cheese.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Yep – the liberal mindset, where we all need to be wrapped in cotton wool, and we are all the same under the skin, and everything can be resolved with a group hug, has resulted in us being seen as easy prey to those still living in the real world.
E & OE

PG30

Post by PG30 »

Roy Twing wrote:Chilling take on it here:

"The Kremlin says a victory for Clinton would have sparked World War Three and electing Trump saved the world from Armageddon " - we can only hope.

Thank god Putin and the far right parties across the world are intervening to stop world war three.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Just more fear inducing rhetoric. I'm not sure it's particularly chilling and everyone just needs to give their heads a little wobble. Nothing's going to happen right now because Trump's not yet President and can't do anything. January onwards is what we should really focus on.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

kancutlawns wrote:Just more fear inducing rhetoric. I'm not sure it's particularly chilling and everyone just needs to give their heads a little wobble. Nothing's going to happen right now because Trump's not yet President and can't do anything. January onwards is what we should really focus on.
I don't think he'll see January mate.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

PG30 wrote:

Thank god Putin and the far right parties across the world are intervening to stop world war three.
You don't think that we've been heading towards a very dangerous precipice over the last few years?
E & OE

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

ollie wrote:You know, guys, leading up to the US election it was said many times about how Trump and Putin would get along nice and dandy. To be honest I thought fair's fair. Good. The West and Russia can put aside all their fears and distrust and make new friends. That was until I read this morning's papers. It has now emerged that Trump would threaten America to leave NATO unless there was a massive increase in NATO members' financial commitments. AND THAT IS WHY Putin so loves Trump. America leaves NATO and Britain and Europe are at a massive threat from Russia. There has already been Ukraine-style goings on at the Estonian border - my wife is Estonian by the way - and Putin is trying it on again. Tell you guys we in Europe are ripe for the taking. And remember, if it wasn't for the US coming to the aid of Britain in WW2, we would all be speaking German today! Have a nice day!!
Funny enough it was after the end off WW2 that America went from what she was to becoming the worlds policeman. Wanted or unwanted.

Eisenhower explained this in his final address.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

That is an 100% fact.

Royals and myself said it enough times.

Clinton was busting for war with Russia...her handler Soros was wanting it for many reasons. See here's the thing. America owes billions out...they are never going to be able to pay it back...I still worry about this fact. And that is the banking Elite....so there is a lot of power struggles going on behind the scenes. And the grand prince of them all is there in the background as well. I have to trust in the Lord and he will move nations in his way. But I do know that the West as is for the most part aren't the good guys. That much I know. I hope Trump is for real...time will tell. But I worry...not for myself TBH. It wouldn't bother me one bit if it all ended tomorrow. No death wish but I'm good. The wee man is good. The rest I worry about because they are so far behind it's sad...but I can't change them.

I also worry about the fact that the Globalist NEED a war now....they need one badly. Their plan is falling apart seemly. But I also know that they are cunning. Know your man Makaveli? If so, think him when it comes to these lot. Or Littlefinger if watch that Game of Thrones...cunning, sneaky and always at least 3 things on the go at once. So who knows for sure what is what and what they get up to.....fuk em anyhow. I trust in the true King of the world and he is sovereign ....these clowns are all just men and women playing at God. And failing badly.

But just trying to throw out some things to help along the way....best way I see how.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Rossco wrote:

That is an 100% fact.

Royals and myself said it enough times.

Clinton was busting for war with Russia...her handler Soros was wanting it for many reasons. See here's the thing. America owes billions out...they are never going to be able to pay it back...I still worry about this fact. And that is the banking Elite....so there is a lot of power struggles going on behind the scenes. And the grand prince of them all is there in the background as well. I have to trust in the Lord and he will move nations in his way. But I do know that the West as is for the most part aren't the good guys. That much I know. I hope Trump is for real...time will tell. But I worry...not for myself TBH. It wouldn't bother me one bit if it all ended tomorrow. No death wish but I'm good. The wee man is good. The rest I worry about because they are so far behind it's sad...but I can't change them.

I also worry about the fact that the Globalist NEED a war now....they need one badly. Their plan is falling apart seemly. But I also know that they are cunning. Know your man Makaveli? If so, think him when it comes to these lot. Or Littlefinger if watch that Game of Thrones...cunning, sneaky and always at least 3 things on the go at once. So who knows for sure what is what and what they get up to.....fuk em anyhow. I trust in the true King of the world and he is sovereign ....these clowns are all just men and women playing at God. And failing badly.

But just trying to throw out some things to help along the way....best way I see how.

I agree completely , and I think that you and I may have a clearer view on these matters than some because we both allow a connection with pure truth which many people, very sadly, refuse to call upon.
I firmly believe that God had a big hand in this election . I know that many many people prayed for this outcome, and I'm sure that these prayers worked.
I also think that we came very close indeed to Armageddon , and the question was whether we deserved divine intervention at this point. Fortunately, He has given us another chance and I hope that we will take that opportunity.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 3631,d.d24

US President-elect Donald Trump is right that European Nato members should make a bigger financial contribution, says former Nato Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen.

ENIC OUT