A General Thread About Christianity

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Re: A General Thread About Christianity

Post by Royal24s »

Now THERE'S the sort of contribution which is welcomed here !
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

You can't stereotype people like this. For a start, I'm not religious, and I believe that stones can feel the cold. Have you ever picked one up of a morning when jack frost has been about. They don't look happy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... ality.html
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

The Tick wrote:Or maybe more people realise what a load of rubbish it really is.
The ruler of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Maybe people don't want you to "spread it", maybe people are quite happy as they are thank you very much?
Brilliantly Honest

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Rossco wrote:
The Tick wrote:Or maybe more people realise what a load of rubbish it really is.
Who is the ruler of this world?
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

warmleatherette wrote:Maybe people don't want you to "spread it", maybe people are quite happy as they are thank you very much?
Well given the apparent policy to restrict mention of Christianity to this particular thread, I'd have thought anyone might expect it to be a place where someone might seek to spread it.
In general, people spread what they consider to be good ideas to others, and sometimes they are very pleased to consider and accept them. They haven't got to though , because unlike other religions and philosophies, it's not compulsory. In fact , I would suggest that it is the originating source of free will.
There are threads elsewhere in this forum about subjects which I have no interest in - the Arctic Monkeys or something -so I don't read them or challenge those who are interested.
This is not to say that I mind anyone commenting in whichever way they want here, but I do wonder why anyone would mind people liking and spreading something which they say is unimportant to them.
I think there must be some small part of you that knows and cares more than you think about the importance of this subject - otherwise , why would it bother you one way or another ?

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

If that sounds as if I'm accusing you of being bad or disruptive , I'm certainly not. I'm just asking whether there's a part of you which is more interested than you consciously know.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Royal24s wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:Maybe people don't want you to "spread it", maybe people are quite happy as they are thank you very much?
Well given the apparent policy to restrict mention of Christianity to this particular thread, I'd have thought anyone might expect it to be a place where someone might seek to spread it.
In general, people spread what they consider to be good ideas to others, and sometimes they are very pleased to consider and accept them. They haven't got to though , because unlike other religions and philosophies, it's not compulsory. In fact , I would suggest that it is the originating source of free will.
There are threads elsewhere in this forum about subjects which I have no interest in - the Arctic Monkeys or something -so I don't read them or challenge those who are interested.
This is not to say that I mind anyone commenting in whichever way they want here, but I do wonder why anyone would mind people liking and spreading something which they say is unimportant to them.
I think there must be some small part of you that knows and cares more than you think about the importance of this subject - otherwise , why would it bother you one way or another ?
Come on Royals, that is not the case as you know and as I posted.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Well, you very quickly shut me down when I posted in the Walking Dead forum , didn't you ?

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I was very dissapointed indeed by that actually, which is why I had to make the point in this forum instead, and at greater length.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Sorry you were disappointed, Royals. It was a comment not an edict. And you did not have to remove your post as I would not do that. In the spirit of cordiality, more than happy for you to paste your post over there.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Yes, well thank you for taking my point Carlos. Your spirit of cordiality is accepted and appreciated . Forgive me for spitting my dummy.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

No worries, Royals. :smt023 Despite what some may think, I try not to be a cunt and to be fair, but you'll never please all the people as you know.

Also a long running saga is Mods err 'Mod' comments and Mods personal comments. Usually it is pretty clear, unless posting 'Mod comment' or 'personal comment' in each post, which though a few words is a pain in the arse, we try.

Anyway, forget that rubbish, and carry on the thread, which is not too bad so far. Err, Mod and personal comment. :)

warmleatherette

Royal24s wrote:
It was just an opinion, I personally don't mind (it's a free world and all that) but I do get why Christianity gets so called bad press, it's the sales technique, once you're a "Christian" it certainly "seems" to become all encompassing to the point of obsession when your mission to "spread the word" comes into play, this to some can get very annoying very quickly much like a salesman cold calling on a cold winters night at teatime or when you've just sat down to watch a film, a salesman that can somehow find a link their product to almost everything and does so frequently.

No matter what the conversation is about it'll get shoehorned in to try and explain how whatever it is would somehow be better if only you'd view it this way, that's fine and in some cases probably true but when a product is a one size fits all and gets pushed endlessly it soon wears thin.

It's not about "shutting it down" because it's bad, it's because we've already heard the sales pitch a thousand times and it becomes tiresome, we know Kirby vaccum cleaners are the dogs danglies but we're more than happy with our Hoovers or Dysons and as far as we're concerned our carpets are clean enough :-)
Brilliantly Honest

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Deep down everyone wonders where they came from and where their gonna go
Your parents made your body but they didnt make you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPFnHdJ0dl0
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

It's a form of mental illness.

I watched a documentary fronted by Bill Maher(sp). He asked a christian if the story of Jonah and the story of Jack & the Beanstalk were swapped around ie Jonah becomes a fairytale and the Beanstalk becomes scripture, would either of them look out of place.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Bad Blue 2000 wrote:It's a form of mental illness.

I watched a documentary fronted by Bill Maher(sp). He asked a christian if the story of Jonah and the story of Jack & the Beanstalk were swapped around ie Jonah becomes a fairytale and the Beanstalk becomes scripture, would either of them look out of place.
Well Bill Maher is a satanic thing who secretly donated $1M to Killery Klingon so no surprises there. If you prefer to rely on Bill Maher than God for truth that's your affair , but if I were you I'd think again on that one.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Royal24s wrote:

Well Bill Maher is a satanic thing who secretly donated $1M to Killery Klingon so no surprises there. If you prefer to rely on Bill Maher than God for truth that's your affair , but if I were you I'd think again on that one.
To be fair, Bill Maher is the one who actually exists.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

deisegirl wrote:
Rossco wrote:
Who do you think Deisegirl?

God is sovereign but he isn't ruler of this world at this time. All the info is there anyhow. Just use Google if don't want to hoke through the bible looking for certain verses. People mock and slag the bible but the bible is a self fulfilling prophecy. Just look at the world and how it is. So much of it adds up to real time events and things happening right now.

Check it out yourself, don't let me or any one else tell you. God give you that brain of yours. Use it :)

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

That is free will dude, I can spread what I like and that is my choice and that is fair. As is the same fairness that if I am speaking about God and someone says Rossco, not for me dude. I will ease up. I have told them the truth. Up to them how they go with it.

Fairness all round is a thing that is sorely missing in this world right about now I think.

And the tread title is what it is. And if you don't like it then you could always free will your way out of it....that is also fair :)

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Bill huh....that clown.

He is a good little atheist is Bill. He isn't that funny, witty nor charming yet is famous. Auld Bill knows how the game is played.

He is another tool. Even before I was a believer I never got his type. The hate for God is to strong. They hate God, shout about him...but he isn't real. Me I was like...whatever. If it helps you or gives you peace good luck. But not for me thanks. Bill and his type have a hate for God. You have to wonder why this is. That is a bit mental in my eyes. They protest to much, springs to mind with him and his type.

warmleatherette

Rossco wrote:
deisegirl wrote:
Rossco wrote:

God is sovereign but he isn't ruler of this world at this time. All the info is there anyhow. Just use Google if don't want to hoke through the bible looking for certain verses. People mock and slag the bible but the bible is a self fulfilling prophecy. Just look at the world and how it is. So much of it adds up to real time events and things happening right now.

Check it out yourself, don't let me or any one else tell you. God give you that brain of yours. Use it :)
How long has it been a self fulfilling prophecy?
Brilliantly Honest

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
deisegirl wrote:
Rossco wrote:

How long has it been a self fulfilling prophecy?
Since the beginning of time. Since God created the heavens and the earth. But not 100% if you are being sarcastic or not because of how you worded it. Not that it matters.

Read, line it up to what is happening now and is being talked of coming. Even the small bits like men will be lovers of themselves in the end days. Well that explains itself in modern day life. I don't need to break that one down.

Behold, Damascus will cease to be a city and will become a heap of ruins. another from the Bible. Seen that place lately?

Oh and here is a one for you to put into real terms again as the Bible can seem to out there for some...so if you put it into real terms some can grasp it better. A one world government....which most accept now as what the globalist agenda is..and that is from the Bible as well.

One of its heads seemed to have a mortal wound, but its mortal wound was healed, and the whole earth marveled as they followed the beast.
....now think about that and think about how many continents on earth. And the beast mentioned in the bible has 7 heads. That is the New World Order...one world government, whichever you like and lets not pretend that it isn't real or happening. As most have accepted it by now that it is real even though many laughed not but 5 years ago at people who mentioned it. Now think about a recent vote. Wounded...one of the 7 that would make up the one world government which the Bible speaks off and the Antichrist sits at the head off. And he will bring a false peace for a short time and most will love him and follow him. But like I said The whole world has been deceived by the ruler of this world.

Like I said - The Bible is self fulfilling prophecy. There are more. But you can look yourself. But to think that it isn't happening....well you believe what you want and good luck, but I can see this all playing out in front of me.

The last ones a gem BTW. Coming from the same person who not but 14 months ago didn't even now fornication was a sin in Gods eyes.Didn't even know the meaning of the word in general :lol: Point being when it came up about sinning one night but it was just to score points on her part, she was no believer either. Just had holy rollers round her a one stage. I was very adamant that I hadn't sinned at all in anyone's eyes thank you very much. And meant it. It is still a touchy subject but I get the stop being a whore Rossco wee son...no need. At least save it for ones that count a bit huh. At least do that.

So was I a holy roller? Nope. Did God himself decide I was one of his own chosen - yep. Because how else could be what it is in my case. Like I would have found God by a leap of faith....please :lol: What I got was 100% pure. No man made deluded, my opinion or take on religion stuff here thank you very much.

He will use who he has to use for what he wants. Maybe my style and my truth and cutting through the nonsense is it...maybe not. I trust and that is all I can do. But I will tell the truth. I will draw from the Bible as it adds up in every way to what I have went through, what is happening in the world and what is to come.

These fit me and my story no doubt. What I went through to get here is on this thread. It is true. I think anyone reading it can tell it is true. I think anyone who has been on this forum knows that I wouldn't make that up. I think they know I never talked about God. So ask yourself this.....why the change? Because God is real and he came looking me. Yeah I typed that out but it is true. But when I read these passages it makes sense really.

Matthew 22:14

1 Corinthians 1:28

2 Thessalonians 2:13

Romans 8:30

Romans 9:11 -

Romans 9:15

How could that not be in my case, trust me I would never have found God. No way, no how. So he had me marked all along. I am grateful. I am blessed and I am thankful. As I am a nothing and never will be in this world. Bas has met me. He either thinks I have cracked up or he is like most I know and going - oh balls - to close to home that one.

Don't need a Bible either these days...just use Goggle. Many versions there....avoid the New International Version though in my humble option. Way to many changes and whole verses left out. It I believe has been changed on purpose. But then this has to pass as well.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4

Mark 13:22

Just my opinion and something that I keep in mind. Not telling anyone what version to read. Just saying that I personally don't like that version of the Bible.

Interesting fact for anyone just to muse on if nothing else. Lucifer as a word is only mentioned once in the Bible and it is only in the King James version. Only one. I find that quite interesting.

But many have been duped. I get that as I would never have found God myself. But I have a voice and that I will use. Because as 2 Corinthians 4:4. says. That is the truth for many. More is the pity.

Boris the Spider

Post by Boris the Spider »

Given that you've met him could you confirm whether he has a beard and a deep, booming authoritative voice? Does he look like Joss Ackland in a toga?
I’m Chris Riccobono.

Visit us in Covint Gardin, Londin.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Boris the Spider wrote:Given that you've met him could you confirm whether he has a beard and a deep, booming authoritative voice? Does he look like Joss Ackland in a toga?
I expect you'll find out in due course. Don't you think this sort of fake rebellious comment is a bit stale at this point in time ? I mean, 40 years ago it might have been a bit cheeky but it's really very much the establishment view now isn't it ?
Come on, why not think for yourself instead of trying to be so conventional ?