A General Thread About Christianity

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Rossco

Re: A General Thread About Christianity

Post by Rossco »

Boris the Spider wrote:Given that you've met him could you confirm whether he has a beard and a deep, booming authoritative voice? Does he look like Joss Ackland in a toga?
I thought you meant Bas as said I had met him there for a second :lol: :lol:

You mean God I take it? I was in his presence, I don't call it the same as meeting myself. He is a spirit. A powerful entity I guess. Hard to put into words as not of this physical world as we know it. A spirit would be the best way to describe his presence, but powerful, filling. Just real. But once you know there is no denying. That much anyone would know. Must be built into us to know when we acknowledge. Would explain the more leap of faith believers. They didn't get it as pure as me but yet they believe with all of their heart as well. They to must feel the spirit of God once they accept Jesus as their saviour.

Seekers and Chosen are from a slightly different path in my opinion. Many will disagree but I can only make sense of what I have been through. I wasn't seeking so that much I know. But people are allowed to disagree on how we got to where we are at with our faith in God. We believe and trust and that is good enough in my humble opinion.

And get you were being acting the smartarse but I telling you anyhow because he would want me to. Because God is like that. He will smile at me telling mockers what he is and then me smiling and saying, so deal with it...so yeah. Cause he knows me.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

I think it says somewhere that men would be terrified to see the physical appearance of God, so I assume that He's got one. As far as I know, the only person who ever saw Him in that way was Moses wasn't he ?
The old man with a white beard on a cloud thing is just one of the media created bits of nonsense which a lot of people think is part of Christianity and therefore start challenging and arguing with. Always makes me wish they'd study the actual religion rather than movies and tv adverts before they formed such strong opinions about the matter.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

And of course you're right. You don't see God, you sense Him, and you know it when you do.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Royal24s wrote:I think it says somewhere that men would be terrified to see the physical appearance of God, so I assume that He's got one. As far as I know, the only person who ever saw Him in that way was Moses wasn't he ?
The old man with a white beard on a cloud thing is just one of the media created bits of nonsense which a lot of people think is part of Christianity and therefore start challenging and arguing with. Always makes me wish they'd study the actual religion rather than movies and tv adverts before they formed such strong opinions about the matter.
No Moses never saw God in his true form as such. And told him his name YHWH ' I am that I am' It was a burning bush he saw and heard the voice of God. How he heard not 100% sure. If as in sensing the spiritual voice and vision or hearing as humans hear. Physical hearing and spiritual hearing. You know what I mean here I am sure.

Pretty sure in Exodus it says 'you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.”

Jesus I think can see God in his true form, hence think here is the only one to see the Lord.

But I haven't read much of the Old Testament. Don't really feel the need. But if ever do I will. Proverbs and Psalms have read for the most part. Will get round to Isaiah and Daniel though as feel need to read them.

Boris the Spider

Post by Boris the Spider »

Rossco wrote:
Boris the Spider wrote:Given that you've met him could you confirm whether he has a beard and a deep, booming authoritative voice? Does he look like Joss Ackland in a toga?

You mean God I take it? I was in his presence, I don't call it the same as meeting myself. He is a spirit. A powerful entity I guess. Hard to put into words as not of this physical world as we know it. A spirit would be the best way to describe his presence, but powerful, filling. Just real. But once you know there is no denying. That much anyone would know. Must be built into us to know when we acknowledge. Would explain the more leap of faith believers. They didn't get it as pure as me but yet they believe with all of their heart as well. They to must feel the spirit of God once they accept Jesus as their saviour.

Seekers and Chosen are from a slightly different path in my opinion. Many will disagree but I can only make sense of what I have been through. I wasn't seeking so that much I know. But people are allowed to disagree on how we got to where we are at with our faith in God. We believe and trust and that is good enough in my humble opinion.

And get you were being acting the smartarse but I telling you anyhow because he would want me to. Because God is like that. He will smile at me telling mockers what he is and then me smiling and saying, so deal with it...so yeah. Cause he knows me.
Yes I was being a tad flippant, but I'm glad you haven't taken umbrage. I might think it's all a load of old tosh, but I do admire the strength of your conviction so fair play to you, each to their own etc. :)
I’m Chris Riccobono.

Visit us in Covint Gardin, Londin.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Boris the Spider wrote:
Rossco wrote:

Yes I was being a tad flippant, but I'm glad you haven't taken umbrage. I might think it's all a load of old tosh, but I do admire the strength of your conviction so fair play to you, each to their own etc. :)
Thank you and I get it from where you stand at this moment in time as it wasn't that long ago I saw it pretty the same way. Best way IMO if not a believer, keep an open mind and just think well if I get something then take it from there.

God bless dude.

Boris the Spider

Post by Boris the Spider »

Cheers! :)
I’m Chris Riccobono.

Visit us in Covint Gardin, Londin.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Are you people saying you believe in God or that God sent his son to represent him and that you believe in the Son?
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Rossco wrote:
Boris the Spider wrote:
Rossco wrote:

Thank you and I get it from where you stand at this moment in time as it wasn't that long ago I saw it pretty the same way. Best way IMO if not a believer, keep an open mind and just think well if I get something then take it from there.

God bless dude.
At Jesus had a trade. :lol:
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Roddy wrote:Are you people saying you believe in God or that God sent his son to represent him and that you believe in the Son?
I'm not taking the question seriously, but if you want to take advantage of the purpose of this room and belittle Christianity , at least maintain logic.
Logically, rather than theologically, if you believed that God had a son, then you'd have to believe that God existed in order to do that wouldn't you ?
I mean, that's not the proper answer, but I don't think you asked a genuine question .

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

No man sees my face and lives
I'm thinking God emits massive amounts of energy, to be in his presence would be like being in a huge Nuclear pile
I Theorize that because latest information says that the image on the Turin shroud was caused by a Gamma ray burst probably given off either when Christ shed and destroyed his human body or was "Beamed Up"
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Royal24s wrote:I think it says somewhere that men would be terrified to see the physical appearance of God, so I assume that He's got one. As far as I know, the only person who ever saw Him in that way was Moses wasn't he ?
I think the same on satanism, it gets a lot of bad press but the 10 commandments all seem pretty fair to me.
Brilliantly Honest

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

warmleatherette wrote:
I think the same on satanism, it gets a lot of bad press but the 10 commandments all seem pretty fair to me.
Should've been 15 Commandments y'know.

phpBB [video]

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

If you want to read about talking snakes, try The Jungle Book.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Roddy wrote:Are you people saying you believe in God or that God sent his son to represent him and that you believe in the Son?
John 10:30

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

warmleatherette wrote:
The ten commandments are decent in anyone's eyes I think it is fair to say. Unless a real piece of nasty work and no morals at all to bypass all ten.

Satanism not so much. Depends which branch you are talking about for starters but if the better known version then nah.... pure selfish and that is the best I can describe it.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

m4 colin wrote:No man sees my face and lives
I'm thinking God emits massive amounts of energy, to be in his presence would be like being in a huge Nuclear pile
I Theorize that because latest information says that the image on the Turin shroud was caused by a Gamma ray burst probably given off either when Christ shed and destroyed his human body or was "Beamed Up"
He does give of huge energy when his spirit moves in us. My heart felt like it would explode in my chest it grew so pure, open and large at times and that was just a tiny, wee, little bit of the whole spirit of God. I mean TINY bit. I honestly believe if I was given it all in this physical state or body whichever you prefer. It couldn't cope. Nah...lol I know it couldn't. It is funny as well. When I talk to someone close to God and has the Holy Spirit moving through them my heart grows big again and the Holy Spirit rises up again. When dealing with 'normals' :lol: (is that fair lol..) unbelievers then. I'm sorry I do try to find humour in all this at times. But hey walk in my size tens the last 14 months and I would love to see where you are at..truth!

I have also been left things. Things tattooed on my heart for want of a better definition. Because they weren't of my old self. My worldly self. And it is also funny that I as always have to learn the hard way, even in this. All my friends from my life I have known apart from one are non-believers. And when I spend more time with them the Holy Spirit isn't as strong. But when I talk to my believer friend it grows stronger. It makes sense to me why the Bible tells Gods people to remove themselves from this world and worldly things.

But the spirit is beautiful, truly it is. I have banged a fair few E's in my younger days and the best isn't even close.....not even close by nothing. The way the heart opens and truth flows. No ego, no anger, no hate, none of all the human bullshit that we all have. It just all blows away. But this is pure, God given. It is our true natural self as God wanted us and made us. I have seen myself moved to tears just by talking to a true believer and even just little things. Amazing really. Truly. It is such a thing. Words don't even do Gods love, protection and righteousness, justice. Truly they don't.

God is good. God is above all else. Jesus is the heart no doubt. But God is the alpha to omega kingdom. Even Jesus knew this. But how could he not but know himself. And I love God. For how could I not.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

What do you call a nun in a wheelchair ? A virgin mobile
MJInnocent

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

m4 colin wrote:No man sees my face and lives
Interested where that comes from Colin, because the Turin shroud is something I'm very interested in. I've read a lot about it in the past but I've never heard this about a gamma ray burst before.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Coast to Coast AM has regular features on the shroud
and I found This
http://newgeology.us/presentation24.html

And this
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19tG ... t?hl=en_US#!

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

I love these Pre Wesleyan hyms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmDwjDiDXb8
Another version this one also telling of what the global cabal have done to the working people of this poor land. May God smite them!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjOpa5UBOhs

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

He might well be smiting killery at the moment actually, and I do recall that you predicted it.