Fox Hunting .

In-depth debate on all topical issues
ccreds

Fox Hunting .

Post by ccreds »

First point.

With all the windy weather starting with the turning of the seasons and the fences and edges blowing especially in the countryside, what about the protection they serve against pests like foxes? Being damaged, broken etc.

Second point.

Is there a correlation between fox hunting and meat quality? With the first point in mind, to counter the ban without hunting farmers may have to tighten areas where there livestock can wander exercise and the space needed etc and with that the healthiness of the chicken/lamb will be affected. I say this because last Christmas our Christmas meal was spoilt because the Turkey was off and we had to chuck it out. Was this due to the how healthy the Turkey was before slaughter? Has this affected how good lamb is?

The two points are interesting.

beingsoblase

Re: Fox Hunting .

Post by beingsoblase »

With all the other shit going on in the world, who cares?
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

ccreds wrote:First point.

With all the windy weather starting with the turning of the seasons and the fences and edges blowing especially in the countryside, what about the protection they serve against pests like foxes? Being damaged, broken etc.

Second point.

Is there a correlation between fox hunting and meat quality? With the first point in mind, to counter the ban without hunting farmers may have to tighten areas where there livestock can wander exercise and the space needed etc and with that the healthiness of the chicken/lamb will be affected. I say this because last Christmas our Christmas meal was spoilt because the Turkey was off and we had to chuck it out. Was this due to the how healthy the Turkey was before slaughter? Has this affected how good lamb is?

No, I'm all for the freedom to hunt, but the hounds break more fences than wind by a long way, and you don't generally keep turkeys in fields. Foxes occasionally take lambs, but not grown sheep, and lambing is in the spring not autumn.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

Tony Blair banning hunting as a kickback to the unions for the miners strike, and a way of getting back at thatcher, didn't really improve my quality of life.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

beingsoblase wrote:With all the other shit going on in the world, who cares?

Adolf Hitler would have cared.

A renowned animal lover and anti cruelty activist, the first law he passed when becoming Fuhrer was to ban fox hunting.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Second point.

No, not enough foxes would be killed by the hunt to impact upon meat quality or supply.

And there are actually more foxes being killed now by shooting and gassing than there were before the class warriors humanised the countryside's most vicious little predator and vented their envy on those of us whom enjoyed a day in the field.

And I tell you this ccreds.....banning hunting was the worst thing that ever happened to the wild fox.

They were husbanded to perfection and the hunt only ever caught the weak and the old....the young, fit and healthy foxes got to live and keep the species strong.

And least the old or diseased fox got a quick death when the hounds caught him.

Nowadays if the shooter only wings a fox, and the healthy are shot as well as the infirm, he limps away and bleeds out agonisingly over a period of days.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Salem

Post by Salem »

Fox hunting , as well as all hunting , is for blood thirsty , cold hearted bastards .

Just my humble opinion of course :)
Barman : "What will it be , Sir ?"

Customer : "I'll have a pint of remoaner tears please"

Barman : "Sorry Sir , we're out of bitter"

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Salem wrote:Fox hunting , as well as all hunting , is for blood thirsty , cold hearted bastards .

Just my humble opinion of course :)

Adolf Hitler would very enthusiastically second that opinion, Salem :)

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Petingo wrote: And I tell you this ccreds.....banning hunting was the worst thing that ever happened to the wild fox.

They were husbanded to perfection and the hunt only ever caught the weak and the old....the young, fit and healthy foxes got to live and keep the species strong.

Nowadays if the shooter only wings a fox, and the healthy are shot as well as the infirm, he limps away and bleeds out agonisingly over a period of days.

Don't have a really strong position on this, but I am inclined to agree with Ol' Pet.
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Petingo wrote:

Second point.

No, not enough foxes would be killed by the hunt to impact upon meat quality or supply.

And there are actually more foxes being killed now by shooting and gassing than there were before the class warriors humanised the countryside's most vicious little predator and vented their envy on those of us whom enjoyed a day in the field.

And I tell you this ccreds.....banning hunting was the worst thing that ever happened to the wild fox.

Very well put indeed.
If I were going to address the subject again, I'd say pretty much the same. You've identified the salient points and put them forward in a manner which is completely convincing to the objective mind.
Forgive me for marking your work like some wanker schoolteacher , or Hillman, but even if it sounds patronising I must comment on a post which is of a professional standard.

You did say that you read Michael Connolly didn't you ? If so, you might want to know that there's a new Boshe book out.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

I do not approve of foxhunting and if I owned any land I would not allow the hunt on it. However in my opinion within reasonable limits, what a man does on his own land is his business and certainly not the Governments.
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Hunting an animal "for the craic" or a "jolly day out". No thanks.
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Royal24s wrote:
Petingo wrote:

Second point.

Very well put indeed.
If I were going to address the subject again, I'd say pretty much the same. You've identified the salient points and put them forward in a manner which is completely convincing to the objective mind.
Forgive me for marking your work like some wanker schoolteacher , or Hillman, but even if it sounds patronising I must comment on a post which is of a professional standard.

You did say that you read Michael Connolly didn't you ? If so, you might want to know that there's a new Boshe book out.

Yes, I look forward to reading about Harry's latest adventure.

Though I am one behind as I haven't read The Burning Room yet.

I am big into Dennis Lehane at the moment......his Kenzie and Gennaro series of PI novels is outstanding IMO.