Finn's Law

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Finn's Law

Post by Royal24s »

People will probably be aware of the case of Finn, a Hertfordshire police dog who was horribly stabbed with a large combat knife whilst apprehending an armed robber.
Currently, the only charge available is one of Criminal Damage with a very low potential penalty , and the following petition has been started to explore new legislation to protect police dogs and horses who are attacked whilst serving in their working lives.
It is hoped to extend this to guide dogs who, incredibly in this deteriorating evil society, have also been stabbed and attacked whilst working.
I would invite you to look at the story of Finn if you're not familiar with it and consider signing the petition on the following link.
Thank you.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/168678
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

The Tick

Re: Finn's Law

Post by The Tick »

Soon we'll get dog owners being harassed by mickey mouse legal firms asking if their dog has been injured in the line of duty.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

When I posted that I almost specifically asked you, tick, not to hijack it to make offensive comments. I knew you would though.
This is nothing to do with suing anyone though. That's done using what adults call torts, and we don't generally need particular laws to do it.
This is about the criminal law, which is different, and seeks to bring about legislation to adequately punish and deter people who set out to deliberately harm dogs in the course of committing crimes and escaping from the scene .
The case of Finn is an appalling one, so if you've got any malicious comments to make, could you please post them on another thread.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Glad to sign this and I do hope Finns handler got the chance to interview that scumbag
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Salem

Post by Salem »

m4 colin wrote:Glad to sign this and I do hope Finns handler got the chance to interview that scumbag
+1 .

Signed
Barman : "What will it be , Sir ?"

Customer : "I'll have a pint of remoaner tears please"

Barman : "Sorry Sir , we're out of bitter"

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Another signature from me.

In the old days anyone attacking an injuring a Police dog often went down some very slippery stairs. Not well regarded this crime amongst the bobbies I'm reliably told.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Delighted to report that the petition has this morning passed the 100000 mark and will thus be debated in Patliament.
Thanks to the efforts of certain MPs it had in the mean time been scheduled for a Westminster Hall debate in any case, but this guarantees and confirms the matter.

Than you for your efforts.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

FINN THE POLICE DOG IS RECOVERING WELL AT HOME
PC Wardell said: “It’s just great to have (Finn) home. I knew he was in safe hands with Rob Adams (Davies Surgeon) but because of the extent of his injuries I was so worried I was going to lose him. Finn’s not only my loyal partner at work but he’s also a part of our family. He has a home for life with me - I can’t imagine life without him.

Last edited by Steve Hunt on Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Royal24s wrote:Delighted to report that the petition has this morning passed the 100000 mark and will thus be debated in Patliament.
Thanks to the efforts of certain MPs it had in the mean time been scheduled for a Westminster Hall debate in any case, but this guarantees and confirms the matter.

Than you for your efforts.
It will give parliament paws for thought.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

What a pity you are so twisted tick - for your own sake really.

antdad

Post by antdad »

No special law should apply to Police dogs and horses unless it applies to all dogs and horses.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Whilst this threads not really intended to debate, it's hoped to include guide dogs and other working dogs who are harmed because of the jobs we use them for.
Because we necessarily place them in potentially dangerous situations where some people wish to harm them to frustrate their work, the idea is that they need and deserve particular measures to protect them.
It is also generally true that deliberately attacking these innocent creatures to thwart their working purpose is likely to cause harm to human beings.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Royal24s wrote:Whilst this threads not really intended to debate, it's hoped to include guide dogs and other working dogs who are harmed because of the jobs we use them for.
Because we necessarily place them in potentially dangerous situations where some people wish to harm them to frustrate their work, the idea is that they need and deserve particular measures to protect them.
It is also generally true that deliberately attacking these innocent creatures to thwart their working purpose is likely to cause harm to human beings.

The stabbed dog would think that it's fur enough a comment.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Once again, it's a pity that you've got to say stuff like that, but the matter is settled and it will be debated in Parliament. It has enough cross party support already that we can expect eventual legislation. Once again, thank you to the contributors here who have helped that happen .

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Royal24s wrote:Once again, it's a pity that you've got to say stuff like that, but the matter is settled and it will be debated in Parliament.It has enough cross party support already that we can expect eventual legislation. Once again, thank you to the contributors here who have helped that happen .
So we won't have the politicians barking at each other?