Political Correctness?

In-depth debate on all topical issues
The Tick

Re: Political Correctness?

Post by The Tick »

Rossco wrote:
The Tick wrote:It's the "do as I say, not as I do" mentality that pervades in right wing Christian circles.

And conservative Islam is no better.
Get to fuck outha here with that nonsense.
Profanity. oh dear.

What would jesus say about that?

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Rossco wrote:My personal view is that everyone is created equal. No one is better than anyone when we start out. Where we end up though in my personal opinion some are better than others. In many different ways. But that is normally only the extremes. Good and bad.

But this whole PC thing to me is another offshoot of Karl Marx and his belief system. He is a strange one is Marx. He once wrote this.

Then I will be able to walk triumphantly, Like a god, through the ruins of their kingdom Every word of mine is fire and action My breast is equal to that of the Creator

Ego on him. And yet he was for all the people. With that sort of ego in my finding someone like that would never see himself as an equal to someone he saw as below him. He even thought he was on equal terms with the Creator.

What people want to choose, that is up to them. But people like Marx push things onto people. What to believe, what to choose, how to live. Thought police type. Same as these PC hardcore types. I would guess a lot of them are big fans of Marx. People can choose what to believe, give, care, love and fight for themselves.

And this is always where they will lose me and my type. Who are they but another human being, how can they to tell me what I can and can't say or think, or believe. With man made laws that change on a whim to suit whatever agenda is being pushed at that time.

Commies at heart. How I see them and always will.
Bit like people using religious texts to back up what they already think. How many Christian even know that the Bible forbids mixing fabrics, eating shellfish & loads of other weird stuff that gets completely ignored.
Ralph, that's just wrong mate. In short these are Jewish laws which are included as a history in the Christian Bible, but changed by the word of Our Lord Jesus Christ. That's why it's become a different religion to Judeaism .
Eh? So you're saying laws written in the Old Testament can all be ignored?
No. I'm saying that most of them can be. Those parts of the Law altered are altered and those not altered are not altered. However, the outcome of disobeying them is altered .
It's quite a complicated thing Ralph and I'd be delighted to explain it to you if you genuinely want to know, but it's not a subject to argue about for the sake of it. Nor is it one which anyone is likely to understand unless they study it properly and with the right attitude.
There are many many misconceptions about Christianity held by those who have simply pieced together aspects of it as related by other sources than scripture and study when these snippets have happened to crop up somewhere.
Quite a lot of things which people think are part of Christianity really aren't and yet they criticise and assess Christianity upon them.
Who decides which ones can be ignored?

We know right wing Christians don't ignore the bits in the Old Testament about homosexuality but do ignore the stuff about mixing fabrics etc. Seems like they're just picking & choosing to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jesus doesn't mention homosexuality, yet some on the religious right seem fixated with it.

Isn't that a textbook example of people using a religious text to backup what they already think?
Ralph if you are really interested then just Google The New Covenant.

Jesus passed the New Laws from The Old Laws. 'It is Finished'. The Ten Commandants still stand but for the most part they are decent anyhow, even if not a believer. Would like to think you wouldn't have a major problem with those.

Homosexuality is mentioned in The New Testament as well.

And yes people pick and choose. When it suits. Believers and non-believers do it. In my findings atheists do it more than anyone.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

The Tick wrote:
Rossco wrote:
The Tick wrote:It's the "do as I say, not as I do" mentality that pervades in right wing Christian circles.

Profanity. oh dear.

Knowing me, he would hardly be that surprised. Sure look at the words he said....who he wanted.

But the heart is good. And I am honest. So got a few things going for me. But sure I am human I am not.

And only God can judge me....so. Hey. I will find out one day wee son. Now about the lack of free will and your PC religion. How do you think Jesus would view that?
Last edited by Rossco on Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

And anyhow point being about this thread and when a couple of truths get opened. The PC mob try to turn it around into something else. Deflection.

Here is the thing. PC agenda/religion goes against freedoms, free will because it is from the same mindset as Karl Marx and his type. It is as simple as that. Even loose reading his nonsense and you can see this.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Rossco wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Rossco wrote:

Profanity. oh dear.

Knowing me, he would hardly be that surprised. Sure look at the words he said....who he wanted.

But the heart is good. And I am honest. So got a few things going for me. But sure I am human I am not.

And only God can judge me....so. Hey. I will find out one day wee son. Now about the lack of free will and your PC religion. How do you think Jesus would view that?
The wanker's get out of jail card. That unilateral crap doesn't wash with anyone.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Come off it. I could throw that accusation at "the metropolitan liberal elite" and it would stick like shit to a blanket.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Darkyboy wrote:

Come off it. I could throw that accusation at "the metropolitan liberal elite" and it would stick like shit to a blanket.
If anyone from the mythical liberal elite act in an anti-liberal manner or expresses illiberal views, then the accusation would be justified.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

The Tick wrote:
Rossco wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Rossco wrote:

Profanity. oh dear.

The wanker's get out of jail card. That unilateral crap doesn't wash with anyone.
Sorry if I have offended you by letting it be known that your PC religion is from the daddy of that sick belief Karl Marx.

Hey newsflash hotshot.....most already knew, had worked that much out :) And freedom is a word that seems dirty to your type. Aw well.

Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose. True that KK.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Rossco wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Rossco wrote:My personal view is that everyone is created equal. No one is better than anyone when we start out. Where we end up though in my personal opinion some are better than others. In many different ways. But that is normally only the extremes. Good and bad.

But this whole PC thing to me is another offshoot of Karl Marx and his belief system. He is a strange one is Marx. He once wrote this.

Then I will be able to walk triumphantly, Like a god, through the ruins of their kingdom Every word of mine is fire and action My breast is equal to that of the Creator

Ego on him. And yet he was for all the people. With that sort of ego in my finding someone like that would never see himself as an equal to someone he saw as below him. He even thought he was on equal terms with the Creator.

What people want to choose, that is up to them. But people like Marx push things onto people. What to believe, what to choose, how to live. Thought police type. Same as these PC hardcore types. I would guess a lot of them are big fans of Marx. People can choose what to believe, give, care, love and fight for themselves.

And this is always where they will lose me and my type. Who are they but another human being, how can they to tell me what I can and can't say or think, or believe. With man made laws that change on a whim to suit whatever agenda is being pushed at that time.

Bit like people using religious texts to back up what they already think. How many Christian even know that the Bible forbids mixing fabrics, eating shellfish & loads of other weird stuff that gets completely ignored.
Ralph, that's just wrong mate. In short these are Jewish laws which are included as a history in the Christian Bible, but changed by the word of Our Lord Jesus Christ. That's why it's become a different religion to Judeaism .
No. I'm saying that most of them can be. Those parts of the Law altered are altered and those not altered are not altered. However, the outcome of disobeying them is altered .
It's quite a complicated thing Ralph and I'd be delighted to explain it to you if you genuinely want to know, but it's not a subject to argue about for the sake of it. Nor is it one which anyone is likely to understand unless they study it properly and with the right attitude.
There are many many misconceptions about Christianity held by those who have simply pieced together aspects of it as related by other sources than scripture and study when these snippets have happened to crop up somewhere.
Quite a lot of things which people think are part of Christianity really aren't and yet they criticise and assess Christianity upon them.

We know right wing Christians don't ignore the bits in the Old Testament about homosexuality but do ignore the stuff about mixing fabrics etc. Seems like they're just picking & choosing to me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Jesus doesn't mention homosexuality, yet some on the religious right seem fixated with it.

Isn't that a textbook example of people using a religious text to backup what they already think?

Jesus passed the New Laws from The Old Laws. 'It is Finished'. The Ten Commandants still stand but for the most part they are decent anyhow, even if not a believer. Would like to think you wouldn't have a major problem with those.

And yes people pick and choose. When it suits. Believers and non-believers do it. In my findings atheists do it more than anyone.
Two questions.

Does that mean we can ignore all the laws in the Old Testament except the 10 Commandments?

What does the New Testament say about homosexuality?

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Rossco wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Rossco wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Rossco wrote:

Profanity. oh dear.

Sorry if I have offended you by letting it be known that your PC religion is from the daddy of that sick belief Karl Marx.

Hey newsflash hotshot.....most already knew, had worked that much out :) And freedom is a word that seems dirty to your type. Aw well.

It's right wing christians and conservative muslims and the like who threaten our freedoms.

I have no religion whatsoever.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

The Tick wrote:
Rossco wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Rossco wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Rossco wrote:

Profanity. oh dear.

It's right wing christians and conservative muslims and the like who threaten our freedoms.

I have no religion whatsoever.
Muslims 100%, they want what they want. But it will never happen. Aw well.

Right Wing Christians. I am not even sure who you mean by that. Do you mean real Christians by that? Fake ones? Lukewarm ones?...kind of believers when it suits but just to get ahead in politics and business?....break that down a wee bit there and can maybe answer as I see it.

But as always you and your type are the same. your type don't want freedoms, real freedoms. It goes against what you believe in your hearts. Totalitarianism is the name of your game. Do as I say, not as I do. You are quite transparent truth be told. But here is the thing. There will always be the likes of me around. And well....work out the rest.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Ralph wrote:
Rossco wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:

Two questions.

Does that mean we can ignore all the laws in the Old Testament except the 10 Commandments?

What does the New Testament say about homosexuality?
Ralph you have Google. So you read and then you make your own mind up. God give you a mind to use. Use it as you see fit. I will not tell any man how to walk or not walk with God. I will say what is written. There is a difference. A huge difference in that.

No some of the old laws stand but many/most were done away with. It all comes to why Jesus came and why he died. To bridge the gap so to speak. But you have Google. The Bible is online as are many sites and many verses to what you might be looking.

That is my advice. Read Gods word...then make up your own mind. That is the free will bit. It is for everyone that chooses or is chosen. But it isn't for everyone. Funny enough it says as much there as well.

And for me personalty some things will differ to others but that is allowed I believe. Because at the end of the day, these are my size 10's that walk my path on this earth, this is my soul and spirit and I have no doubt that I will stand before God. But the fundamentals are what they are. But that is the forgiveness and grace of the Lord that hardcore atheists seem to have a difficult time with. They are dead in the spirit so it seems so foreign to them I guess. Maybe it is the freedom bit? Not sure but do know that from speaking to atheists they seem to hate that bit and cry foul. Non believers are more open minded and don't seem to have a hate for God. I get them. I was like that myself.

If you want to know then go find out Ralph. Simple as that. Or if you don't. Then don't nobody is forced. Again prob half the reason why I believe communists hate God so much. The freedom bit. Goes against what they want.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:

If you study it you will be able to decide yourself Ralph, because its very clear .
Homosexuality is still forbidden and marriage still defined as being between one man and one woman, but like many other infractions it no longer needs to be punished by man, but can and will be forgiven by God if the sinner repents .
Ralph, you would not try to argue the toss about Chemistry or History without bothering to research it a bit first, so I doubt that you'll get very far trying to do so in terms of a quite complicated religious philosophy .
Since I don't see you attacking other religions, and I certainly don't think that you are ill intentioned, my very respectful advice to you would be that you start by questioning what is motivating you to so fiercely attack a belief system which you clearly don't know too much about.
As far as backing anything up, well certainly not because the word if God is the primary source of all Christian beliefs and, as a matter of fact it would be a very serious sin to misuse it for argumentative or other self seeking purposes.
For your information , there are several subjects upon which I would take a different view if it were up to me to decide, but that is because God Knows infinitely more than me, and therefore I can accept that He has very good reasons to tell me things which might seem surprising or mystifying.
A child will often need to obey its parent, ( another old fashioned Christian belief), without understanding why. The child may think his father is being unreasonable in forbidding apparently attractive pursuits, yet the father knows and understands the dangers involved in a way which the child cannot and thus is ultimately better off obeying his father than being tempted to disobey him by the stranger outside the school gates offering him a lift or a trip to the funfair.
In the end, Ralph,we must all choose who and what we believe and trust. The same choices are open to you in this as they are to everyone else, and I suggest that you first make an informed choice yourself. In that process, you must assess the likelihood or otherwise , based upon human experience , that disobeying or denying God might have a good outcome.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:

If you study it you will be able to decide yourself Ralph, because its very clear .
Homosexuality is still forbidden and marriage still defined as being between one man and one woman, but like many other infractions it no longer needs to be punished by man, but can and will be forgiven by God if the sinner repents .
Ralph, you would not try to argue the toss about Chemistry or History without bothering to research it a bit first, so I doubt that you'll get very far trying to do so in terms of a quite complicated religious philosophy .
Since I don't see you attacking other religions, and I certainly don't think that you are ill intentioned, my very respectful advice to you would be that you start by questioning what is motivating you to so fiercely attack a belief system which you clearly don't know too much about.
As far as backing anything up, well certainly not because the word if God is the primary source of all Christian beliefs and, as a matter of fact it would be a very serious sin to misuse it for argumentative or other self seeking purposes.
For your information , there are several subjects upon which I would take a different view if it were up to me to decide, but that is because God Knows infinitely more than me, and therefore I can accept that He has very good reasons to tell me things which might seem surprising or mystifying.
A child will often need to obey its parent, ( another old fashioned Christian belief), without understanding why. The child may think his father is being unreasonable in forbidding apparently attractive pursuits, yet the father knows and understands the dangers involved in a way which the child cannot and thus is ultimately better off obeying his father than being tempted to disobey him by the stranger outside the school gates offering him a lift or a trip to the funfair.
In the end, Ralph,we must all choose who and what we believe and trust. The same choices are open to you in this as they are to everyone else, and I suggest that you first make an informed choice yourself. In that process, you must assess the likelihood or otherwise , based upon human experience , that disobeying or denying God might have a good outcome.
Because there's nobody else but you & Rossco on this forum who keep mentioning their religion in their posts. And I'm not attacking any religion, I'm asking on what basis do people/Christians choose to ignore or follow laws that are written in the Bible. If you don't know the answer just say so. Pointless writing an essay that doesn't even attempt to answer the question I'm asking.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:

If anyone from the mythical liberal elite act in an anti-liberal manner or expresses illiberal views, then the accusation would be justified.
Griffins, Leprechauns and Elves are mythical. Benedict Cumberbatch, Lily Allen and Shami Shami Shami are not :)

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:

Griffins, Leprechauns and Elves are mythical. Benedict Cumberbatch, Lily Allen and Shami Shami Shami are not :)
Celebs are just as entitled to express their views as professional trolls like Richard Littlejohn, Katie Hopkins etc. You don't have to agree or even listen.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:

Because there's nobody else but you & Rossco on this forum who keep mentioning their religion in their posts. And I'm not attacking any religion, I'm asking on what basis do people/Christians choose to ignore or follow laws that are written in the Bible. If you don't know the answer just say so. Pointless writing an essay that doesn't even attempt to answer the question I'm asking.
Ralph. Plain and simple here. Cause you are now starting to annoy me here a wee bit with your doublespeak and sneaky underhanded ways.

You and you alone brought God into this. Read my first comment in this thread. Then read your reply. I quoted you're man Marx. You brought the rest in. You and you alone. Then you gurn. Just like your type. Thanks for proving a point. I have been fair. I have been honest. you...not so much.

I'm done with you son. I don't waste my time on fools and liars.
Last edited by Rossco on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

"PC Religion"?????

Give over. Anyone who thinks it's a big deal what people say, rather than what they do, needs help.

If "political correctness" is being used to embrace views like accepting homosexuality and same gender marriage, that's a wholly different thing.

A God who punishes love between people, and public attestation of that, doesn't deserve my belief.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Hillman avenger wrote:"PC Religion"?????

Give over. Anyone who thinks it's a big deal what people say, rather than what they do, needs help.

If "political correctness" is being used to embrace views like accepting homosexuality and same gender marriage, that's a wholly different thing.

A God who punishes love between people, and public attestation of that, doesn't deserve my belief.
Course it is a religion. It has failed under every name it has tried, in every place it has tried yet fools still try it. What is that but a religion.

It will always fail. I really don't need to go into why :lol:

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Rossco wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

Ralph. Plain and simple here. Cause you are now starting to annoy me here a wee bit with your doublespeak and sneaky underhanded ways.

You and you alone brought God into this. Read my first comment in this thread. Then read your reply. I quoted you're man Marx. You brought the rest in. You and you alone. Then you gurn. Just like your type. Thanks for proving a point. I have been fair. I have been honest. you...not so much.

I'm done with you son. I don't waste my time on fools and liars.
My man Marx? Dishonest & foolish thing to say. I assume you're talking about Karl & not Groucho?

You need to accept that people can disagree with you without having a sinister alterior motive or agenda. Can you point to where I haven't been honest?

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

What we are seeing here is something that is getting increasingly prevalent, both here and in the US.

It is the practice of searching the bible, or the qoran, to pick and choose phrases to appear to legitimise bigotry.

It's despicable. And ineffective, except with the feeble-minded.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Ralph wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:

Celebs are just as entitled to express their views as professional trolls like Richard Littlejohn, Katie Hopkins etc. You don't have to agree or even listen.
I don't dispute that. What I am saying is that there is "a liberal metropolitan elite" - it's not some imaginary concept. It includes the names I mentioned.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:What we are seeing here is something that is getting increasingly prevalent, both here and in the US.

It is the practice of searching the bible, or the qoran, to pick and choose phrases to appear to legitimise bigotry.

It's despicable. And ineffective, except with the feeble-minded.

This is a very bad thing for you, Hillman . I don't think anything I said was bigotted, but that doesn't matter compared with the spiritual dangers you can bring upon yourself like this.
Do not mock God.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:

There's a political elite. Some of it is liberal, some of it is not.

The suggestion that Lily Allen is in an elite did raise a chuckle.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Why would Lily Allen raise a chuckle? I know she's a singer, but does she do comedy as well?