Post by Darkyboy »

Ralph wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
The suggestion that Lily Allen is in an elite did raise a chuckle.
You haven't explained why though. Given that she apologised for the whole country, she obviously believes he has a great deal of influence.
One individual made a comment. That hardly points to a position of elite supremacy.
Yes, but she gained an awful lot of publicity for herself, I mean her cause. 99% of the population would not get that kind of publicity, so that puts her in an elitist position. Given that pretty much all of the celebrities have been in favour of allowing more refugees into the country, that would make her part of the metropolitan liberal elite would it not?
Lily Allen has no significant power or influence sufficient to be part of any elite. She just expresses her opinion, and owing to her relative fame it gets broadcast everywhere. But then the same goes for the likes of Katie Hopkins.
Yes, but Katie Hopkins is a radio presenter and her job is to discuss such things. Lily Allen is a singer and one of many "celebrities" with liberal views regarding refugee settlement in the UK. I've posted a link to show an interpretation of the phrase "liberal metropolitan elite". Just so you can get some kind of handle on the term.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10 ... bloody-pr/
Katie Hopkins is a professional troll with no more right to be listened to than Lily Allen.
She may well be a troll, but she is a talk show host and a newspaper columnist as well. Like it or not, expressing opinions is her job.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Hillman avenger

Re: Political Correctness?

Post by Hillman avenger »

Rossco wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:What is the "vision I would like to see"?
The one you spout about all the time. The sick and twisted world version of Globalist elite, commie nonsense. The one who want to see the end of Nations and freedoms. You stink of it.

It is losing as it has always lost and always will.
So it's MY vision is it?

And it's "commie"?

Time for a lie down. A long one.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Lily Allen has no significant power or influence sufficient to be part of any elite. She just expresses her opinion, and owing to her relative fame it gets broadcast everywhere. But then the same goes for the likes of Katie Hopkins.
Yes, but Katie Hopkins is a radio presenter and her job is to discuss such things. Lily Allen is a singer and one of many "celebrities" with liberal views regarding refugee settlement in the UK. I've posted a link to show an interpretation of the phrase "liberal metropolitan elite". Just so you can get some kind of handle on the term.

Lily Allen is as entitled to an opinion as Katie Hopkins. Their professions are beside the point. Both get attention due to their respective levels of fame. Katie Hopkins was getting mass attention even prior to embarking on a career in radio (her fame is based on the fact that she once appeared on a game show :roll: )

The "liberal elite" is a lazy catch-all term coined by the right wing media to condemn people who have an informed and less reactionary view of things.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Rossco wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:What is the "vision I would like to see"?
The one you spout about all the time. The sick and twisted world version of Globalist elite, commie nonsense. The one who want to see the end of Nations and freedoms. You stink of it.

It is losing as it has always lost and always will.
So it's MY vision is it?

And it's "commie"?

Time for a lie down. A long one.
Same auld shit.

Big government. No God as the manifest is your belief, no freedom but the warped freedom of the sick fucks you follow.

All the same shit whatever name you want to put on it.

And yep. That is what you follow and love. Left wing types like you love it like that. At lest be honest.

Same as Ralph and the Tick. You are what youse are. Many names I could call youse but sissy men suits just fine.

Anyhow. You are all losing so just deal with it :)
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

subsub

Post by subsub »

Darkyboy wrote:She may well be a troll, but she is a talk show host and a newspaper columnist as well. Like it or not, expressing opinions is her job.
She's a troll. End of story.
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

subsub wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:She may well be a troll, but she is a talk show host and a newspaper columnist as well. Like it or not, expressing opinions is her job.
Yep. As are most pretty much most in the media.

They are what they are. Why anyone would believe or even listen to any of them is beyond me but we now have bleed for Beyonce going on. So is anyone really that surprised.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:

Lily Allen is as entitled to an opinion as Katie Hopkins. Their professions are beside the point. Both get attention due to their respective levels of fame. Katie Hopkins was getting mass attention even prior to embarking on a career in radio (her fame is based on the fact that she once appeared on a game show :roll: )

The "liberal elite" is a lazy catch-all term coined by the right wing media to condemn people who have an informed and less reactionary view of things.
Ah it's the media's fault again is it Tick? Ok

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

subsub wrote:
No, at the risk of repeating myself, she's also a talk show host and has a newspaper column.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Darkyboy wrote:
subsub wrote:
No, at the risk of repeating myself, she's also a talk show host and has a newspaper column.
Who is a troll in her ways, but a shill is much more suiting and fitting. There to stir up shit. For that is what trolls and shills do. They do it whatever way they can. To suit whatever agenda they push. And they mostly always lie.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Rossco wrote:Who is a troll in her ways, but a shill is much more suiting and fitting. There to stir up shit. For that is what trolls and shills do. They do it whatever way they can. To suit whatever agenda they push. And they mostly always lie.
Something we agree on, Rossco :D
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:

That's where the "metropolitan elite" term first gained popularity, so yes.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:

That's where the "metropolitan elite" term first gained popularity, so yes.
Newspapers owned by Richard Desmond, Rupert Murdoch or Lord Rothermere never complain about a right wing elite having too much influence. Funny that.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Ralph, what's the difference between so called right and left wing elites ?
Both groups do the same and the only difference is which tribal bullshit allegiance they peddle as a means to personal gain. Tony Blair, for example , didn't really mind which party he joined when he decided to go into politics, but he chose labour because he thought there was less talent there at the time than there was in the Conservative party , and therefore a quicker route to the leadership.
I'm actually really interested how you come to attach yourself to one bunch of corrupt areseholes rather than another.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".