Political Correctness?

In-depth debate on all topical issues
The Tick

Re: Political Correctness?

Post by The Tick »

Darkyboy wrote:Why would Lily Allen raise a chuckle? I know she's a singer, but does she do comedy as well?
The suggestion that Lily Allen is in an elite did raise a chuckle.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

double post
Last edited by Hillman avenger on Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Hillman avenger

Royal24s wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:What we are seeing here is something that is getting increasingly prevalent, both here and in the US.

It is the practice of searching the bible, or the qoran, to pick and choose phrases to appear to legitimise bigotry.

It's despicable. And ineffective, except with the feeble-minded.

This is a very bad thing for you, Hillman . I don't think anything I said was bigotted, but that doesn't matter compared with the spiritual dangers you can bring upon yourself like this.
Do not mock God.
I am not mocking God. Nor am I knocking the people I know who have genuine beliefs but who are thoughtful in their application.

What I reject is the abuse of "God" to justify prejudice. This forum has such people and the world at large has many. I watched a documentary last week about "Hate preachers" in the US, who cannot produce any logical arguments for that they preach but who pick and choose bible sections which they think supports them. In effect they are no different to a muslim terrorist- who will tell you he is doing Allah's will, even though millions of other devout muslims do not do that.

I am also asking why we should worship a God who , according to such people, propounds views that are the polar opposite of love , understanding and charity.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Okay, but before you can correct anyone's version of religion you must be in a position of knowledge on the subject. If that is your purpose that's one thing, but if you are mocking someone's religion to make an argumentative point, ( and only you know this), then that is mocking God.
On this occasion I myself am not making a point, or seeking to entertain, but telling you something on a serious matter which I've got a duty to mention. The choice is yours.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Hillman avenger

I am NOT trying to correct you.
Nor to mock you
I don't care enough about your belief to be bothered.
I am saying that labouring the point in what is supposed to be a place for rational debate is not helpful ( to put it mildly).
In effect all you keep saying is "It is wrong because it is wrong".
It makes argument pointless, and it's argument I for one belong here for.
I also think that Rossco has got himself into some dark place where the voices in his head are telling him he's the only on who has the truth, and his posts, laced with references to God, have become a problem. I know that if I am drawn into them it becomes like watching somebody have an accident.
It starts to feel embarrassing.
The whole thing is, in any event, made ludicrous by yours and his adherence to Trump. I find it hard to identify anyone less displaying what I think Christian values are.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Faith is believing without evidence, and there is a lot more reasons to not believe anyway imo. Individuals have their own beliefs, but no one should keep ramming them down other peoples throats. I'm surprised we haven't got God parades all over the shop.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Hillman avenger wrote:I am NOT trying to correct you.
Nor to mock you
I am saying that labouring the point in what is supposed to be a place for rational debate is not helpful ( to put it mildly).
I also think that Rossco has got himself into some dark place where the voices in his head are telling him he's the only on who has the truth, and his posts, laced with references to God, have become a problem. I know that if I am drawn into them it becomes like watching somebody have an accident.
The whole thing is, in any event, made ludicrous by yours and his adherence to Trump. I find it hard to identify anyone less displaying what I think Christian values are.
The day I worry about what a person like you thinks about me and my path is the day I start worrying about myself. You say you can't think of anyone who displays less Christian values than Trump. Well look no further than Clinton. So if that is how you judge, then trust me. I am glad you think of me as you do.

How you see the world is your choice but it isn't what it has been dressed up to look like. Don't expect others to shy away when they see it. Some men are built for some things, others for another.

P.S. Did I say that I think any man who goes along with all this P.C. nonsense is a complete and other sissy. And that isn't my view with the Bible or God or my faith. That is my personal belief. I laugh at these type of 'men' for they are sissies.
Last edited by Rossco on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Rossco, if Clinton wins the election will you start to build an ark and grab as many animals as you can?

Hillman avenger

Confusion and half-truths.

For example,communism and God. Communism certainly rejects the Church, which it views as complicit in meeting capitalism's need for a docile and obedient working class. Which is not the same thing as rejecting God, because it is about, as here, what people have done "in God's name".

It rests on the idea that "the people" are supreme.

But one of the problems of communism is that it requires a totalitarian society. You can't have a "mixed" economy.

So when you combine totalitarianism and the secular you need leaders who can overcome ego and greed to govern genuinely in the public interest.
You acquire tremendous and resilient power.
By and large communist societies have never succeeded in finding such people or in removing the people who aren't.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

The Tick wrote:Rossco, if Clinton wins the election will you start to build an ark and grab as many animals as you can?
What do you mean if :!: :?: :-s

1/4 the way done already. Would be at least 1/2 if the douchebag Bas didn't take so many tea breaks.
Last edited by Rossco on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:Why would Lily Allen raise a chuckle? I know she's a singer, but does she do comedy as well?
You haven't explained why though. Given that she apologised for the whole country, she obviously believes he has a great deal of influence.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Hillman avenger wrote:Confusion and half-truths.

For example,communism and God. Communism certainly rejects the Church, which it views as complicit in meeting capitalism's need for a docile and obedient working class. Which is not the same thing as rejecting God, because it is about, as here, what people have done "in God's name".

But one of the problems of communism is that it requires a totalitarian society. You can't have a "mixed" economy.

So when you combine totalitarianism and the secular you need leaders who can overcome ego and greed to govern genuinely in the public interest.
By and large communist societies have never succeeded in finding such people or in removing the people who aren't.
Only confusion and half truths here is with you.

I don't buy any of the nonsense you spout. Because it is nonsense.

And the real reason communism rejects God is because God comes first for true believers. The state run do as we say or else known as communism can't have that now. Can they. How many did Stalin kill again. Nuff said.

Free will. Totalitarianism knows nothing of it.
Last edited by Rossco on Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
You haven't explained why though. Given that she apologised for the whole country, she obviously believes he has a great deal of influence.
One individual made a comment. That hardly points to a position of elite supremacy.

Hillman avenger

Rossco wrote:
Nor to mock you
The day I worry about what a person like you thinks about me and my path is the day I start worrying about myself. You say you can't think of anyone who displays less Christian values than Trump. Well look no further than Clinton. So if that is how you judge, then trust me. I am glad you think of me as you do.

How you see the world is your choice but it isn't what it has been dressed up to look like. Don't expect others to shy away when they see it. Some men are built for some things, others for another.

I feel sorry for you. You think you have a privileged view. You don't. On the contrary.

P.S. Did I say that I think any man who goes along with all this P.C. nonsense is a complete and other sissy. And that isn't my view with the Bible or God or my faith. That is my personal belief. I laugh at these type of 'men' for they are sissies.

You are confusing "this PC nonsense" with fundamental values. For example all the silly fuss about "chairman" and "chairperson". Yes, a lot of that is nonsense. If you though, think of women as inferior, fit only for being home-makers and mothers, and "knowing their place" I have a problem with at, both from a moral and logical perspective. It is one of the reasons our economy is not optimised; we do not use the talents of women well. We still allow gender and class to drive opportunity rather than merit. Women have been out-performing men in educational attainment for decades but you wouldn't know it looking at our boardrooms.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Rossco wrote:
Nor to mock you

I feel sorry for you. You think you have a privileged view. You don't. On the contrary.

You are confusing "this PC nonsense" with fundamental values. For example all the silly fuss about "chairman" and "chairperson". Yes, a lot of that is nonsense. If you though, think of women as inferior, fit only for being home-makers and mothers, and "knowing their place" I have a problem with at, both from a moral and logical perspective. It is one of the reasons our economy is not optimised; we do not use the talents of women well. We still allow gender and class to drive opportunity rather than merit. Women have been out-performing men in educational attainment for decades but you wouldn't know it looking at our boardrooms.
I don't even know where to begin with that mess.

Save your pity there wee son. Trust me. I do not need it from any man.

What it boils down to is your vision of the future for the world is different from the vision I have for it and how it should be. The main bits are night and day difference. You will think you are right. I see a lot of it as wrong. That is it in a nutshell. Christian believers could never go along with the vision you would like to see. It goes against what we believe in and what we are trying to follow. And that's what it boils down to. It's OK though because I know how the story ends :D

Good luck Hillman.

Peace dude. We will never agree and only God will change your mind. If he chooses to he will and you will know. Simple as that.

Hillman avenger

What is the "vision I would like to see"?

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Hillman avenger wrote:What is the "vision I would like to see"?
Something chemically induced.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:Confusion and half-truths.

Is that really your understanding of Communism, God, Religion, secularism, totalitarianism , the supremacy of the people and mixed economies ?
If so, I recommend that you go back to square one and read about all these subjects one at a time using reliable source material.
What you've said there is a confused and completely wrong mish mash of what you've obviously pieced together from various simplified sources and the bullshit politicians spout out when they're trying to reconcile their own contradictory actions and policies.
If you haven't got a solid base to judge their statements against, it's no wonder you believe them about everything. Look, instead of pretending that you DO understand these matters, why don't you try my suggestion of studying them a bit and see whether all this bollocks still makes sense to you.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
One individual made a comment. That hardly points to a position of elite supremacy.
Yes, but she gained an awful lot of publicity for herself, I mean her cause. 99% of the population would not get that kind of publicity, so that puts her in an elitist position. Given that pretty much all of the celebrities have been in favour of allowing more refugees into the country, that would make her part of the metropolitan liberal elite would it not?

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Yes, but she gained an awful lot of publicity for herself, I mean her cause. 99% of the population would not get that kind of publicity, so that puts her in an elitist position. Given that pretty much all of the celebrities have been in favour of allowing more refugees into the country, that would make her part of the metropolitan liberal elite would it not?
Lily Allen has no significant power or influence sufficient to be part of any elite. She just expresses her opinion, and owing to her relative fame it gets broadcast everywhere. But then the same goes for the likes of Katie Hopkins.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Always remember simple truths in this life libtards. The more you force something down anyone's throat. The more they will sick it back up.

That is why it is going the way it is going for your type of leaders. Everyone is sick of their lies and nonsense.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Hillman avenger wrote:What is the "vision I would like to see"?
The one you spout about all the time. The sick and twisted world version of Globalist elite, commie nonsense. The one who want to see the end of Nations and freedoms. You stink of it.

It is losing as it has always lost and always will.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Lily Allen has no significant power or influence sufficient to be part of any elite. She just expresses her opinion, and owing to her relative fame it gets broadcast everywhere. But then the same goes for the likes of Katie Hopkins.
Yes, but Katie Hopkins is a radio presenter and her job is to discuss such things. Lily Allen is a singer and one of many "celebrities" with liberal views regarding refugee settlement in the UK. I've posted a link to show an interpretation of the phrase "liberal metropolitan elite". Just so you can get some kind of handle on the term.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10 ... bloody-pr/

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Yes, but Katie Hopkins is a radio presenter and her job is to discuss such things. Lily Allen is a singer and one of many "celebrities" with liberal views regarding refugee settlement in the UK. I've posted a link to show an interpretation of the phrase "liberal metropolitan elite". Just so you can get some kind of handle on the term.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10 ... bloody-pr/
Katie Hopkins is a professional troll with no more right to be listened to than Lily Allen.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Rossco wrote:Always remember simple truths in this life libtards. The more you force something down anyone's throat. The more they will sick it back up.

That is why it is going the way it is going for your type of leaders. Everyone is sick of their lies and nonsense.
Terrible, ungodly language. May the Lord have mercy on your soul.