Dog attacks

In-depth debate on all topical issues
theleader82

Dog attacks

Post by theleader82 »

A baby has been killed and it's brother seriously injured by a staffie type dog in Colchester. It about time new laws were made regarding dangerous dogs. Long prison sentences for the owners .http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37653137
MJInnocent

Zambo

Re: Dog attacks

Post by Zambo »

I'd put the fucking owners down at the same time as the dog. Might provide a bit of a deterrent to these irresponsible cunts.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

antdad

Post by antdad »

Natural selection working as it should.

kooster

Post by kooster »

Zambo wrote:I'd put the fucking owners down at the same time as the dog. Might provide a bit of a deterrent to these irresponsible cunts.
This,

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

antdad wrote:Natural selection working as it should.
Lovely.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Could have sworn months ago when another child was killed by dogs, the OP created a thread saying that such dogs should be put down. This seems a departure from that stance.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Dogs should not be near infants EVER. Ultimately unpredictable.
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

antdad

Post by antdad »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Dogs should not be near infants EVER. Ultimately unpredictable.
Dogs are quite predictable, infants aren't.
Basualdo wrote:
antdad wrote:Natural selection working as it should.
Lovely.
You might as well leave a loaded gun lying around and then be surprised that somebody got shot.

As far as I know the dog was family owned so thankfully no innocent parties were harmed, unlike Zambo's suggestion the parents will have to live with their fuckwit decision to own such a breed and ultimately bare the responsibility for the death of at least one of their children and the permanent disfigurement of another. That's punishment enough in my view and the fact that a proportion of their gene pool will no longer be extended is a bonus, you may think that's distasteful I just think that is natural selection of the weakest or in this case utter stupid.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Dogs should not be near infants EVER. Ultimately unpredictable.
THIS....every time. Especially Terrier breeds. A baby crying, lying on the floor can seem like prey to some if they have a high prey drive. Hard to blame the dog as such. It is the owners fault really.

Sad case and cases like this all round.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

antdad wrote: unlike Zambo's suggestion the parents will have to live with their fuckwit decision to own such a breed and ultimately bare the responsibility for the death of at least one of their children and the permanent disfigurement of another. That's punishment enough in my view.
You are having a fucking laugh. Punishment enough? Another case of feeling sorry for those responible for deaths and serious injury with absolutely no mention of those affected. Sickening.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Rossco wrote:
THIS....every time. Especially Terrier breeds. A baby crying, lying on the floor can seem like prey to some if they have a high prey drive. Hard to blame the dog as such. It is the owners fault really.

Sad case and cases like this all round.
A much more likely scenario is baby comes along,
Dog pushed out Dogs are very jealous (even worse than women) and if not introduced to the child and included in everything they can very quickly learn to hate the baby
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Staffies are known as Nanny Dogs..They're fucking brilliant with kids.
No proof as yet that it was a Staffie.Seemingly another example of fuckwitted owners having no clue how to train,exercise and look after dogs.
I released the blob must to my darkest dread

But its mint choc chip which is the ice cream flavour of Satan's spermatozoa

Careful now, you’re being beastly to Leado and this canno he totlerated.

About to get underway at the Berbabeu

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Sid Pervcat wrote:Seemingly another example of fuckwitted owners having no clue how to train,exercise and look after dogs.
The clue is usually in the name, often "Satan" or "Tyson" in cases like these.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

m4 colin wrote:A much more likely scenario is baby comes along,
Dog pushed out Dogs are very jealous (even worse than women) and if not introduced to the child and included in everything they can very quickly learn to hate the baby
But if dogs had always had a tendency to jealousy towards babies they'd never have been domesticated in the first place. If it ever existed it would heve been bred out of them thousands of years ago.

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

subsub

Post by subsub »

And yet another Staffie involved.
Not the dog's fault - Staffies are meant to be rather soppy etc, but you get these moronic people too lazy to put the hours in and train them, and this sort of thing happens.

Terrible how so many people feel they're entitled to have any dog they want without accepting the responsibility that comes with it.
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

JimmyDee wrote:
m4 colin wrote:A much more likely scenario is baby comes along,
But if dogs had always had a tendency to jealousy towards babies they'd never have been domesticated in the first place. If it ever existed it would heve been bred out of them thousands of years ago.
All dogs are jealous of everything their food .their toys. and especially the people they love, its hardwired into them. In a pack society you have to defend your position or be displaced if the stupid owners had included the dog it would almost certainly have become devoted to the kid.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

m4 colin wrote:In a pack society you have to defend your position or be displaced .....
This is a mis-interpretation of how wolf-packs operate in the wild.
See "In Defence of Dogs" by John Bradshaw, or google the reviews.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

kooster wrote:
Zambo wrote:I'd put the fucking owners down at the same time as the dog. Might provide a bit of a deterrent to these irresponsible cunts.
This,
And another vote

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

subsub wrote:And yet another Staffie involved.
Not the dog's fault - Staffies are meant to be rather soppy etc, but you get these moronic people too lazy to put the hours in and train them, and this sort of thing happens.

Terrible how so many people feel they're entitled to have any dog they want without accepting the responsibility that comes with it.
Exactly my point.
I've had 2 Staffies.Both soft as shite but they need stimulating exercise,proper play sessions and training.It really isn't hard to train a dog and the rewards are fantastic.They are truly friends for life.Still miss my two. :(

subsub

Post by subsub »

Sid Pervcat wrote:
subsub wrote:And yet another Staffie involved.

Exactly my point.
I've had 2 Staffies.Both soft as shite but they need stimulating exercise,proper play sessions and training.It really isn't hard to train a dog and the rewards are fantastic.They are truly friends for life.Still miss my two. :(
I'm sure, Sid :(
I've never had a dog, but I'm sure they become part of the family very quickly. Would love to have one :)
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Is that the reason, actually ? Never occurred to me before , but I think you've hit the nail on the head there.
It's dumbing down again isn't it ? In the same way that lots of people used to own guns without generally going round shooting each other, people who owned potentially agressive dogs knew they had to keep them under proper control and not leave them in a room with a toddler pulling their ears or attach them to a pram with a bit of string and let the woman take them for a walk on her way to the play group.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

I had a bullmastif called Rosie, she was soft as anything as most Bullmastifs are, the moronic amongst us see a powerful dog and do everything they can to make soft breads into fierce dogs.

This type of owner is not responsible enough to have a dog and in reality probably should have there balls chopped off so we won't have to pay for there vile offsprings.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Royal24s wrote:Is that the reason, actually ? Never occurred to me before , but I think you've hit the nail on the head there.
It's dumbing down again isn't it ? In the same way that lots of people used to own guns without generally going round shooting each other, people who owned potentially agressive dogs knew they had to keep them under proper control and not leave them in a room with a toddler pulling their ears or attach them to a pram with a bit of string and let the woman take them for a walk on her way to the play group.
No need to worry Agenda 21 and agenda 20/30 doesnt want you owning dogs having a garden having motor transport or guns. when you arent working for near starvation wages you can cower behind the door of your shoe box flat as the street gangs (Strangely they'll have plenty of guns and other weapons) roam the town.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Fug1 wrote:I had a bullmastif called Rosie, she was soft as anything as most Bullmastifs are, the moronic amongst us see a powerful dog and do everything they can to make soft breads into fierce dogs.

This type of owner is not responsible enough to have a dog and in reality probably should have there balls chopped off so we won't have to pay for there vile offsprings.
:shock:

Reg

Post by Reg »

As I've said every time before, if you have small kids, why on Earth would you take the risk of having a potentially deadly animal around them?

I undestand it's not the animal's "fault" - but even a well trained animal might react unpredictably in certain circumstances.

A small dog or a cat isn't going to maul a kid to death, however threatened or angry it feels.
BE NICE TO EACH OTHER.

IF YOU CAN’T SAY SOMETHING KIND, SAY NOTHING AT ALL.

LET’S MAKE talkFORUM FUN AGAIN!