Coup in Turkey

In-depth debate on all topical issues
colinthewarriormonkey

Re: Coup in Turkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Ralph wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:
Ralph wrote:Leave spent the entire referendum campaign telling us they were on the verge of joining the EU. :roll:
And who says they are not going to join. It looks like a done deal. Just a question of when.
The same day Atlantis joins the EU.
I hope they don't, I can't stand those webbed handed cunts

"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

lasharoo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
lasharoo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
lasharoo wrote:Went to Turkey a few years ago on me hols, got legally mugged at passport control for a tenner which I was told everyone had to pay and then nearly got nicked for trying to stop my bird getting sexually harassed by the inbred locals, horrible cunts and a horrible country.
It's been like that for decades. The £10 "visa" fee when you arrive goes back to the eighties at least. Not that Turkey is the only country that does that.
Didn't you do any research before you went?
I watched Midnight Express, that was about it.
And you still went?
Never again, it was the worst holiday I ever had.
I liked the turks, we were in a very small coastal town about 20 years ago and the couldn't have been more welcoming or generous. None of the local bars had any windows or door because theft just wasn't a thing.

The Egyptians on the other hand, cunts to a man.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Hillman avenger wrote:No
That doesn't work either.
As Al Jolson and Gove found out.
:lol:
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Could turn out to be very bad news indeed .Most Turks I've met didnt care about Religion much, but shoud they both assume the leadership of the Islamic world and radicalize. Watch out world
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Royal24s wrote:Reply to Hillman above

Yes , well I'm not Mystic Meg so I was never going to predict a last minute tiff which no one else knew about either. I don't think Boris knew about it till it happened.
What you might notice is that the grey faceless ones of the conservative party have managed to jiggle things around to resurrect Boris, which was also pretty unexpected.
That's because they intend to make him pm, just as they did till Mr Gove chucked a spanner in the works.
It wasn't just what Gove did. Johnson did not have enough support in the party.
Whether they'll eventually manage that I can't guarantee, but that' certainly remains the plan. No one will tell you that on tv unless perhaps they manage to catch Kenneth Clarke with a live mike again, but it's common currency amongst people I speak to and you don't .
So that would be the man at the chip shop, would it?
Can I predict a flat tyre ? No.
???
Should I even bother to give hints to people like you? Also No, because you don't have the ability to use them, but I know there are more intelligent people here who do.
Your description of the people who agree with you, or say they do.

It beats me why you operate as you do. if you have something useful to say, you surround it with such blather , self-regarding asides and abuse for others that it makes it very tedious to bother reading it.

On the specifics of your post, I don't doubt that there are people in the Tory party who still want to see Johnson as PM; however he isn't. And I think May has put him in a post that (a) keeps him away from Brexit; and (b) where she knows he is so unsuitable that within a year or so he will be without any credibility, even to crackpots. The decision by Gove wasn't the key point in Johnson dropping out; it was his shock to find how little support he had and how much May had; and his crass failure to bother to tie up his deal with Leadsam. His conduct in the latter matter is a great demonstration of why he is unsuited to high office..it's either arrogance or insensitivity or both.

As for these mysterious "people in the know" they either DON'T or they are taking the piss with you, which I imagine is hard to resist.

Why you need to constantly assert what you consider to be your superior intelligence, experience, etc, is very curious. I imagine other forum members think so too. As when you patronise some less "gifted" posters when they happen to agree with you. Let me assure you that..I have no concerns at all pitting my intelligence, insight and all the rest of it against yours. Don't make the mistake of confusing disagreeing with somebody with dismissing them. And, such as it is, what I think and articulate is all my own work- not derived from or directed by, anyone else. That may be the greatest mistake you make: thinking you are the only one who thinks for himself. Indeed if you were I wouldn't be so quick to take the credit.

I don't really take the piss out of anyone except you, and Im only rude to those who are rude to me. In the end though, I don't give too much of a fuck what anyone thinks. Bit of fun, bit of tongue in cheek creative writing here and there, and the occasional serious point.
If you had a brain you'd be able to spot the difference .
It's an excuse to sit down and play with the iPad now and again when my back hurts.
In the end though, I'm the real deal even though you don't know that and I've certainly forgotten more about important things than you'll ever know. That's because I've been lucky enough to have been at the sharp end of all sorts of stuff you never thought you were special enough to go for, so you just read about it. Also means I'm probably a bit bossy , but I've also heard that described as having leadership qualities.
I'm probably too used to people doing what I say and treating me with a level of respect, and it's unreasonable to expect that here. On the other hand I AM unreasonable - always have been.
Do I have an unyielding determination to achieve what I intend to achieve ? Yes, and it's not always pretty.
Do I give a shit if I upset people who haven't earned any respect on my way to achieving whatever I'm doing ? Nah....can't say I do really.
I have a theory that until a man has seen and dealt with death and carnage, he isn't really capable of understanding what is and isn't important, however intelligent he is. Unless he's seen some of the dodgy, dishonest and destructive things which are covered up at all levels, whether or not that's necessary and done for the noblest motives, then he can't begin to imagine the true nature of what you might broadly call politics.

Do I have the slightest respect for a soft man who talks about what he doesn't know ? Guess!

Anyway, being in a slightly more serious mood than usual, I'll say that I've watched the whole fabric of our society torn up for arsepaper by people like that - and the reason they need the arsepaper is because they just took a big dump on the graves of better men who did know what was important. These were men I did and do respect, but I probably wasn't too sensitive or polite to them, so you've got no chance.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

No wonder they lost.
Have cattle running around instead of tanks?
A military coo with bombs strapped to it will not win against a tank.
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

m4 colin wrote:Could turn out to be very bad news indeed .Most Turks I've met didnt care about Religion much, but shoud they both assume the leadership of the Islamic world and radicalize. Watch out world

Plus the fact that Turkey has been going to war against European nations for centuries , so they have "form" when it comes to wars.
The British would never get involved in such quarrels, well not if we can help it. :wink:
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:
m4 colin wrote:Could turn out to be very bad news indeed .Most Turks I've met didnt care about Religion much, but shoud they both assume the leadership of the Islamic world and radicalize. Watch out world

Plus the fact that Turkey has been going to war against European nations for centuries , so they have "form" when it comes to wars.
The British would never get involved in such quarrels, well not if we can help it. :wink:
My best guess is that they did it themselves as an excuse to crack down on dissent and kill anyone who might want to argue with the president and his program of islamification.
It's far from settled yet, but it could have serious consequences for the reason because since Attaturk, it's been a secular country with at least an effort towards democracy.
It's got a big military, supplied by the west and if it gets too committed to the religion of peace it could be very dangerous.
Second best guess is that it's the Russians setting them up to alienate NATO and the eu through the purges which will follow the attempted coup .

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Royal24s wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:

Yes , well I'm not Mystic Meg so I was never going to predict a last minute tiff which no one else knew about either. I don't think Boris knew about it till it happened.
What you might notice is that the grey faceless ones of the conservative party have managed to jiggle things around to resurrect Boris, which was also pretty unexpected.
That's because they intend to make him pm, just as they did till Mr Gove chucked a spanner in the works.
Whether they'll eventually manage that I can't guarantee, but that' certainly remains the plan. No one will tell you that on tv unless perhaps they manage to catch Kenneth Clarke with a live mike again, but it's common currency amongst people I speak to and you don't .
???
Should I even bother to give hints to people like you? Also No, because you don't have the ability to use them, but I know there are more intelligent people here who do.

It beats me why you operate as you do. if you have something useful to say, you surround it with such blather , self-regarding asides and abuse for others that it makes it very tedious to bother reading it.

On the specifics of your post, I don't doubt that there are people in the Tory party who still want to see Johnson as PM; however he isn't. And I think May has put him in a post that (a) keeps him away from Brexit; and (b) where she knows he is so unsuitable that within a year or so he will be without any credibility, even to crackpots. The decision by Gove wasn't the key point in Johnson dropping out; it was his shock to find how little support he had and how much May had; and his crass failure to bother to tie up his deal with Leadsam. His conduct in the latter matter is a great demonstration of why he is unsuited to high office..it's either arrogance or insensitivity or both.

As for these mysterious "people in the know" they either DON'T or they are taking the piss with you, which I imagine is hard to resist.

Why you need to constantly assert what you consider to be your superior intelligence, experience, etc, is very curious. I imagine other forum members think so too. As when you patronise some less "gifted" posters when they happen to agree with you. Let me assure you that..I have no concerns at all pitting my intelligence, insight and all the rest of it against yours. Don't make the mistake of confusing disagreeing with somebody with dismissing them. And, such as it is, what I think and articulate is all my own work- not derived from or directed by, anyone else. That may be the greatest mistake you make: thinking you are the only one who thinks for himself. Indeed if you were I wouldn't be so quick to take the credit.

I don't really take the piss out of anyone except you, and Im only rude to those who are rude to me. In the end though, I don't give too much of a fuck what anyone thinks. Bit of fun, bit of tongue in cheek creative writing here and there, and the occasional serious point.
It's an excuse to sit down and play with the iPad now and again when my back hurts.
In the end though, I'm the real deal even though you don't know that and I've certainly forgotten more about important things than you'll ever know. That's because I've been lucky enough to have been at the sharp end of all sorts of stuff you never thought you were special enough to go for, so you just read about it. Also means I'm probably a bit bossy , but I've also heard that described as having leadership qualities.
I'm probably too used to people doing what I say and treating me with a level of respect, and it's unreasonable to expect that here. On the other hand I AM unreasonable - always have been.
Do I have an unyielding determination to achieve what I intend to achieve ? Yes, and it's not always pretty.
Do I give a shit if I upset people who haven't earned any respect on my way to achieving whatever I'm doing ? Nah....can't say I do really.
I have a theory that until a man has seen and dealt with death and carnage, he isn't really capable of understanding what is and isn't important, however intelligent he is. Unless he's seen some of the dodgy, dishonest and destructive things which are covered up at all levels, whether or not that's necessary and done for the noblest motives, then he can't begin to imagine the true nature of what you might broadly call politics.

Do I have the slightest respect for a soft man who talks about what he doesn't know ? Guess!

Anyway, being in a slightly more serious mood than usual, I'll say that I've watched the whole fabric of our society torn up for arsepaper by people like that - and the reason they need the arsepaper is because they just took a big dump on the graves of better men who did know what was important. These were men I did and do respect, but I probably wasn't too sensitive or polite to them, so you've got no chance.
Utter lack of self-awareness
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:

???

Utter lack of experience of anything that didn't involve you sitting on your arse doing what you were told by some other even less junior pencil necked clerk and gasping with horror if anyone got a paper cut .
Utter lack of decision making or authority.
Utter lack of gravitas.

Utter...... lly Butterly !

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
Ralph wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:
Ralph wrote:Leave spent the entire referendum campaign telling us they were on the verge of joining the EU. :roll:
And who says they are not going to join. It looks like a done deal. Just a question of when.

Is that Bobby Ewing?
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

kancutlawns wrote:
colinthewarriormonkey wrote:
Ralph wrote:
AlcoholBrazil wrote:

Is that Bobby Ewing?
He thinks he's Patrick Duffy

Hillman avenger

Royal24s wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:

???

Utter lack of experience of anything that didn't involve you sitting on your arse doing what you were told by some other even less junior pencil necked clerk and gasping with horror if anyone got a paper cut .
Utter lack of decision making or authority.
Utter lack of gravitas.

Utter...... lly Butterly !
Hilarious
It's a dead giveaway when you do that...inventing your opponent's background so you can ridicule it.
Yet another ruse that simply doesn't work.
You know nothing AT ALL about my experience and background.
But here's a clue- after age 18, when I had a summer student job, never worked in an office.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Do me a favour !
You don't know that you gradually tell your life story without meaning to, do you ?
That doesn't mean the bullshit, just the unintended shows . It's tricky with some people, but not you.
You've never got your hands dirty or made any serious decisions.
If we're talking clues, here's one. You talk with great authority about stuff I've personall done and been involved in, but you get it all profoundly wrong .

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Although I do admit I made the thing about being a trolley stacker up.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Just wanted you to feel better about yourself.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

:lol:

Hillman avenger

Royal24s wrote:Do me a favour !
You don't know that you gradually tell your life story without meaning to, do you ?
That doesn't mean the bullshit, just the unintended shows . It's tricky with some people, but not you.
You've never got your hands dirty or made any serious decisions.
If we're talking clues, here's one. You talk with great authority about stuff I've personall done and been involved in, but you get it all profoundly wrong .
In summary..
Don't challenge me on anything where I think I am an expert. Which is just about everything.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Yeah, that'll do. Glad we sorted that out Hillman. We've reached an acceptable compromise.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Not really old chap. I'm usually only pulling your leg you know, and I am a bossy arogant twat which comes from many years of having to make decisions for people.
I actually do get a bit annoyed if someone contradicts me, but I'm a bit unusual because I only really address things I know about, and which I'm quite sure about.
I'm all for people discussing stuff when it's not important , but I can quickly switch on to unreasonable indignation if I am challenged or disobeyed. I'm very used to getting respect from people because they know me and at this stage I probably flare up like a big nutter if I don't quite get my own way.
I therefore apologise for occasionally being a total cunt, but I'll probably do it again you know.
I have certain very strong beliefs and certain knowledge of what influential people get away with and although I want people to find them out for what they are, I'm not going to get shot for talking openly about it. When you unwittingly defend a bunch of very bad people , it presses my button I'm afraid.

Hillman avenger

Anyway, rather than being a "company" event, as someone deigned to advise us within a few hours, turns out it's more likely staged by the government as an excuse to clear out opponents.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Royal24s wrote: When you unwittingly defend a bunch of very bad people , it presses my button I'm afraid.
Freemasons ? ......Satanists?........Liberal Democrats.....the choice is endless.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Rumours abound that Russian secret services tipped off Erdogan's people about the coup attempt, giving them some time and planning on how to deal with it.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

The Tick wrote:Rumours abound that Russian secret services tipped off Erdogan's people about the coup attempt, giving them some time and planning on how to deal with it.
Really?

That's a surprise. I would have thought Putin would like to have seen Erdogan removed from power :?
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

The Tick wrote:Rumours abound that Russian secret services tipped off Erdogan's people about the coup attempt, giving them some time and planning on how to deal with it.
Lots of stories about that the coup leaders were within minutes of seizing Erdogan in a hotel and that the plane he was in was disguised as a civilian airliner, the plane was being tracked by two M16 jets who could have fired at it yet the pilots mysteriously refrained from doing so.

It's possible the coup was staged by the President himself as he needed a reason to clamp down on freedom of speech and rewrite the constitution.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.