Syria - the beginning of the end for the anti-Assad brigade?

In-depth debate on all topical issues
kancutlawns

Re: Syria - the beginning of the end for the anti-Assad brigade?

Post by kancutlawns »

Give it up Zamb. He's clearly trying to pick a fight and we're getting nowhere on this. Just resorting to a stream of abuse and arguing over something he's not going to budge on.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Mods, is abuse now acceptable on the forum?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Roger 1984 wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
Roger 1984 wrote:
Zambo wrote:Here you are Rog, if you need spoon feeding here is the link. What is your answer?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-38143187

Lawns, I have no idea why Rog keeps mentioning The Sun, unless he reads the fucking rag. I don't think he reads any media news stories to be honest though, as all the shit he posts on here comes from cloud cuckoo land
Thats what your news and sources are - STORIES
Does it really matter? Not sure why people aren't allowed to follow whatever news sources they want to without some sad case on an anonymous message board getting angry about it.
Yes it does. They're STORIES

Now FUCK OFF!
Charming.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 bye Ramjet :lol:
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

paolo

Post by paolo »

kancutlawns wrote:Mods, is abuse now acceptable on the forum?

more than just a pattern, Lawnsy
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

Roger 1984 wrote:
Zambo wrote:Timely intervention chaps, and made me realise it's time to depart this and the Castro threads. Should have gone long ago. What a fucking waste of time.
You're out of your depth. Go on - Fuck off!
Roger and out!

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Rogered.

paolo

Post by paolo »

with another lawnsy size 9 ;-)
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Only a matter of time before the jihadis surrender all of Aleppo to the sovereign government.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The Tick wrote:Only a matter of time before the jihadis surrender all of Aleppo to the sovereign government.
Just Assad to sort after that then. Dictators must be crushed.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote:
The Tick wrote:Only a matter of time before the jihadis surrender all of Aleppo to the sovereign government.
Europe are too weak to act without the USA. And drumpf doesn't give a damn about fighting Assad. Bad luck Zambo

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The Tick wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Europe are too weak to act without the USA. And drumpf doesn't give a damn about fighting Assad. Bad luck Zambo
So a price worth paying to keep a dictator in power then!? Assad couldn't give a shit that he is killing his own people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-38167190

'About 250,000 people are living under siege, among them 100,000 children'.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

It was the terrorist jihadis who occupied East Aleppo in 2012. Their use of the civilians as human shields is a disgrace, and hopefully Assad will defeat them for good.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

It's all about a Gas pipeline.

There youse go!
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

paolo

Post by paolo »

I wonder who killed the most Syrians

Assad

Or usa NATO and the terrorists that the pay arm and train
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Zambo wrote:

Why do you think it's our job to decide who's a dictator then go round removing them ?
I'm interested why you particularly single out Assad too. I can think of far worse individuals running countries .
Have you noticed that a lot of Mid East countries prefer that kind of a system, by the way ?
Some countries prefer an absolute monarchy, and some outright communism. Presumably they all regard their own systems as the best, so would they be entitled to come and remove our government and replace it with one of their preference as you appear to think that we are ?

Or should we perhaps consider returning to the principle of the Sovereignty of Nation States before things get any more out of hand ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Royal24s wrote:
Zambo wrote:

Why do you think it's our job to decide who's a dictator then go round removing them ?
I'm interested why you particularly single out Assad too. I can think of far worse individuals running countries .
Have you noticed that a lot of Mid East countries prefer that kind of a system, by the way ?
Some countries prefer an absolute monarchy, and some outright communism. Presumably they all regard their own systems as the best, so would they be entitled to come and remove our government and replace it with one of their preference as you appear to think that we are ?

Or should we perhaps consider returning to the principle of the Sovereignty of Nation States before things get any more out of hand ?

Aye
Brilliantly Honest

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Royal24s wrote:
Zambo wrote:

Two really bad mistakes there Royals. Which is disappointing for someone who's the dogs bollocks and knows everything about everything.

Who said it was our job?

Who singled out Assad?

Take your time to narrow down the risk of dropping another goolie.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Zambo wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Zambo wrote:

Two really bad mistakes there Royals. Which is disappointing for someone who's the dogs bollocks and knows everything about everything.

Who said it was our job?

Who singled out Assad?

Oh come on now , don't try to be clever with me because that'd be bringing a knife to a gunfight.
In reverse order, you said that Assad had to be removed, so it was you who singled out Assad- and since you're posting on a uk forum in a thread discussing the role of primarily the uk, as well as nato and the USA , it is reasonable to think that you were suggesting that it was our ,( collective and common ), job to achieve this apparently vital task.
Is there anything in your post which suggests that anyone else should do this. Peru or Nigeria perhaps ? Is there anyone else capable of doing it? Anyone else interested in doing it ?
Having painted yourself into a corner by suggesting that you meant something other than what you very clearly said, would you kindly state who else you might think could and should remove Assad and how this could be done.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Royal24s wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Zambo wrote:

Who said it was our job?

Who singled out Assad?

Oh come on now , don't try to be clever with me because that'd be bringing a knife to a gunfight.

ditch the knife then

In reverse order, you said that Assad had to be removed, so it was you who singled out Assad- and since you're posting on a uk forum in a thread discussing the role of primarily the uk, as well as nato and the USA , it is reasonable to think that you were suggesting that it was our ,( collective and common ), job to achieve this apparently vital task.

all that proves is that you're crap at interpreting a straightforward post. If you want to make it up to try and score a few cheap points.then be my guest. For the record all dictaors should be wiped out, they are all scum. Can you think of a decent one since Salazar?

Is there anything in your post which suggests that anyone else should do this. Peru or Nigeria perhaps ? Is there anyone else capable of doing it? Anyone else interested in doing it ?
Having painted yourself into a corner by suggesting that you meant something other than what you very clearly said, would you kindly state who else you might think could and should remove Assad and how this could be done.

hire Clint Eastwood?

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Don't think it's me scoring points, cheap or otherwise.
Yes, your original post was perfectly straightforward, if impractical. The problem came when I challenged it and you tried to suggest that you meant something else, ( and you still haven't explained what else you could have meant).
The truth is that, not untypically to be frank, you came to some simplistic solution to a complicated and in this case dangerous situation without thinking it through properly or bothering to acquaint yourself with the facts.
Such thinking is at best pointless and at worst very counter productive. Now, the reason that I point this out is to offer you an opportunity to reconsider this dogmatic methodology, which is what we must all do at various stages and ages rather than deflate you, which wouldn't be hard actually.
You regard me as baselessly opinionated and intolerant of other views, and I don't really care about that. However, this particular conversation is one which demonstrates that you soon get into difficulties if you don't take time to consider what you're talking about.
Lateral thinking and its application to problems and tasks is something which takes a long time and a great deal of experience to hone to a reasonable standard, and I am very grateful to those who helped me along this process by prodding my intellect from time to time. In the end , it means that you can be trusted to make important decisions with some prospect of achieving your aims without harming those who trust you to do that , or making things worse.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sorry Royals, but I just read your posts now for comedy value. The content is completely negated by your posting style, and head up your own arse, arrogant, I'm better than you, more educated, more intelligent attitude. And what is it all based on what? You reached the dizzy heights of junior constable.

My opinion on dictators, terrorists, supporters of both have been very clearly documented, together with the reasons for that. I'd read through your above post again. It's all joined together making it difficult to stay awake whilst going through, and after a couple of sentences you launch into utter gobbledegook and it stays like that until the end.

I can only assume that I can't make sense of it due to my poor education compared to yours, and a sheltered life believing everything I read in the Daily Mail.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Zambo wrote:Sorry Royals, but I just read your posts now for comedy value. The content is completely negated by your posting style, and head up your own arse, arrogant, I'm better than you, more educated, more intelligent attitude. And what is it all based on what? You reached the dizzy heights of junior constable.

My opinion on dictators, terrorists, supporters of both have been very clearly documented, together with the reasons for that. I'd read through your above post again. It's all joined together making it difficult to stay awake whilst going through, and after a couple of sentences you launch into utter gobbledegook and it stays like that until the end.

I can only assume that I can't make sense of it due to my poor education compared to yours, and a sheltered life believing everything I read in the Daily Mail.
Wasn't a junior Constable actually, and I did manage to qualify in and practise Law after I retired. Can't be bothered to argue with you about it, but yes I certainly do have the impression that I'm a great deal more educated, experienced and intelligent than you - just so you know .
No point in pursuing the matter because you're simply too bloody clever to learn anything from someone twice your age . Good luck with your un moveable opinions and dogmatic conclusions about the world , because they are based on nothing, will never happen and wouldn't work if they did.
You remind me of an even more intellectually limited version of Jon Gaunt.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Royal24s wrote:
Zambo wrote:Sorry Royals, but I just read your posts now for comedy value. The content is completely negated by your posting style, and head up your own arse, arrogant, I'm better than you, more educated, more intelligent attitude. And what is it all based on what? You reached the dizzy heights of junior constable.

but yes I certainly do have the impression that I'm a great deal more educated, experienced and intelligent than you - just so you know .

Not just me Royals, you dismiss everyone's opinion that doesn't match with yours in a patronising and superior way. Do you do that off the internet, or save it for those who you don't know and will never meet? I hope for your sake it's the latter.

No point in pursuing the matter because you're simply too bloody clever to learn anything from someone twice your age

You should have got your telegram from the Queen then round about September :mrgreen:

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Royal24s wrote:

Wasn't a junior Constable actually, and I did manage to qualify in and practise Law after I retired. Can't be bothered to argue with you about it, but yes I certainly do have the impression that I'm a great deal more educated, experienced and intelligent than you - just so you know .
No point in pursuing the matter because you're simply too bloody clever to learn anything from someone twice your age . Good luck with your un moveable opinions and dogmatic conclusions about the world , because they are based on nothing, will never happen and wouldn't work if they did.
You remind me of an even more intellectually limited version of Jon Gaunt.
Are you in your nineties? Not putting words in Zambo's mouth but I'm guessing he thinks that people who do law degrees are out of touch cunts who can't get proper jobs and want to be in a profession full of liars and con merchants.

Why didn't you do something more productive and altruistic in retirement like charitable work or playing bridge?