Syria - the beginning of the end for the anti-Assad brigade?

In-depth debate on all topical issues
The Tick

Syria - the beginning of the end for the anti-Assad brigade?

Post by The Tick »

Probably explains the current mass hysteria surrounding Vladimir Putin in the Western media. They know their meddling in Syria has truly come unstuck.

Fingers crossed, the end of this war can be imagined.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/01/s ... 29177.html

Tide turns in Syrian war with capture of key town
Fall of Sheikh Maskin to government forces cuts off rebel supply routes while securing regime's hold on Deraa province.

mistymorning

Re: Syria - the beginning of the end for the anti-Assad brigade?

Post by mistymorning »

I watched that hit piece on Putin last night on the BBC. Pure propaganda from the British Pravda.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

mistymorning wrote:I watched that hit piece on Putin last night on the BBC. Pure propaganda from the British Pravda.
But everything the BBC tells us is the utter truth. They are the world's most impartial broadcaster and nothing they tell us is ever biases in any way so how can this be true? :?

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

mistymorning wrote:I watched that hit piece on Putin last night on the BBC. Pure propaganda from the British Pravda.
+1

Its was so obvious

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/f ... -on-aleppo

Syrian rebels losing grip on Aleppo

Russian bombardment helps pro-Assad militia close in on key northern city held by opposition forces for three years

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

The US/UK/FRANCE/TURKEY/SAUDI/QATAR are not happy that the "rebels", "moderate rebels" or rather more bluntly their "jihadi ISIS head-chopping terrorist proxy army" are losing

reg thorpe

Post by reg thorpe »

Robert Heenan wrote:The US/UK/FRANCE/TURKEY/SAUDI/QATAR are not happy that the "rebels", "moderate rebels" or rather more bluntly their "jihadi ISIS head-chopping terrorist proxy army" are losing
+1

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

Arab states' military support needed to avoid defeat, says Syrian opposition

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/f ... ab-support

The Guardian has now closed the comments section

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alastair- ... 69998.html

The Syria War Will Not Be a Quagmire -- Because Putin and Assad Are Winning

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

The Tick wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alastair- ... 69998.html

The Syria War Will Not Be a Quagmire -- Because Putin and Assad Are Winning
Good.

To be honest everything western politicians seem to get involved with ends up a complete fucking cock up with a pile of propaganda and spin attached claiming it's a success.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

These are the people we want leading us in an ever bigger political union remember.

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Brilliantly Honest

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

warmleatherette wrote:Now we're getting to the "truth"
http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/02/09/why ... ign=buffer
A neocon rag is your truth?

Pathetic!

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Robert Heenan wrote:

Pathetic!
Lol
Brilliantly Honest

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

warmleatherette wrote:
Robert Heenan wrote:

Pathetic!
Lol
David Rothkopf, the editor at FP might not be a neocon but the magazine just like mass media in Britain and especially the states follow the neocon lies and propaganda and its no different when it comes to Syria

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

http://europe.newsweek.com/syrian-kurds ... ues-425177

SYRIAN KURDS OPEN OFFICE IN MOSCOW, AS RUSSIA-TURKEY ROW CONTINUES

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

The Tick wrote:http://europe.newsweek.com/syrian-kurds ... ues-425177

SYRIAN KURDS OPEN OFFICE IN MOSCOW, AS RUSSIA-TURKEY ROW CONTINUES
Great news.

Turns the screw on Erdogan and Davatoglou

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

http://rudaw.net/english/middleeast/syria/10022016

Syrian Kurds backed by Russian airstrikes advance on Syrian airbase

Syrian Kurdish Peoples Protection Units (YPG) fighters launched an assault on Syria's Mannagh airbase on Wednesday. The base has been held by fighters opposed to the Syrian regime of President Bashar al-Assad since August 2013. The Kurds are being backed in this endeavour by Russian airstrikes.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Turkey to fully put its hand into the hornet's nest?

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/02/t ... 29706.html?

Turkey shells Kurdish-held airbase in Syria's Aleppo
Bombardment comes after Turkish PM Ahmet Davutoglu says Ankara may take military action against Syrian Kurdish fighters.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

http://www.newindianexpress.com/world/S ... 275618.ece?

Syrian Army Braces to Approach de Facto IS Capital

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

I've come to the conclusion that I honestly don't give a fuck.

The plight of anyone halfway round the world has no effect on me at all, people die every day - should I give a fuck about them? I can't be expected to give a fuck about every single person that dies, i'd be doing nothing other than giving a fuck all day long. I wouldn't be able to sleep, I'd be up all night giving a fuck.

"But you should give a fuck, because it has political implications for your country"

Well in that case, I'd like my government not to give a fuck too.

Stay out of it, it's none of our fucking business - don't send our money to them - don't give a fuck

Give a fuck about the people you're supposed to be looking after - the people in our country.

Give a fuck about the people who have worked all their lives and now can't afford to heat their homes.

Give a fuck about the generation of children who are destined to be stacking shelves instead of curing cancer because we've invested nothing into great, world class, education.

Give a fuck about the people who are living in the streets with no shelter.

Give a fuck about the people who have to live with the consequences of crime because you don't have the balls to dish out proper sentences and conditions to act as a deterrent.

Give a fuck about the people who find themselves out of work, but are too proud to ask for a handout and find themselves in debt.

Give a fuck about the single parents who try to work but can't afford childcare.

Don't give a fuck about getting involved in some bollocks half way round the world that could end up in World War 3.

I don't want my kids to die because some twat politicians decided to play soldiers by proxy, war is nothing but a game of "risk" to these people.

I'll respect my governments need to give a fuck and get involved just as soon as I see David Cameron, tool up like Arnold Schwartzenegger in that scene from "Commando" and lead the charge.

Until then, don't give a fuck about them, give a fuck about us and our country and let other people worry about theirs.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hello Colin!
Just popped in as I do every few years.
Yeah, that's exactly right. We have no business anymore meddling in geo politics because our politicians have been so successful in sabotaging our former country that we no longer have a dog in that race.
They've sold everything , shut down industry and manufacturing , replaced education with mass social conditioning and sacked the Army. We're the vagabonds and beggars of international affairs now .
Well that's what they wanted- what they worked so hard to achieve, but now they've finally achieved it they can't any longer expect to start dictating events in places like Syria, or be surprised that they get pretty openly laughed at when they try.

Of course, the've got to echo U.S foreign policy like pathetic little parrots when they're told too, otherwise they might not come and fight our battles for us if the ludicrous Mr. Cameroon's bellicose posturing comes unstuck and he has occasion to regret scrapping British Forces in favour of trains getting to Birmingham 15 minutes quicker.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:I've come to the conclusion that I honestly don't give a fuck.

The plight of anyone halfway round the world has no effect on me at all, people die every day - should I give a fuck about them? I can't be expected to give a fuck about every single person that dies, i'd be doing nothing other than giving a fuck all day long. I wouldn't be able to sleep, I'd be up all night giving a fuck.

"But you should give a fuck, because it has political implications for your country"

Well in that case, I'd like my government not to give a fuck too.

Stay out of it, it's none of our fucking business - don't send our money to them - don't give a fuck

Give a fuck about the people you're supposed to be looking after - the people in our country.

Give a fuck about the people who have worked all their lives and now can't afford to heat their homes.

Give a fuck about the generation of children who are destined to be stacking shelves instead of curing cancer because we've invested nothing into great, world class, education.

Give a fuck about the people who are living in the streets with no shelter.

Give a fuck about the people who have to live with the consequences of crime because you don't have the balls to dish out proper sentences and conditions to act as a deterrent.

Give a fuck about the people who find themselves out of work, but are too proud to ask for a handout and find themselves in debt.

Give a fuck about the single parents who try to work but can't afford childcare.

Don't give a fuck about getting involved in some bollocks half way round the world that could end up in World War 3.

I don't want my kids to die because some twat politicians decided to play soldiers by proxy, war is nothing but a game of "risk" to these people.

I'll respect my governments need to give a fuck and get involved just as soon as I see David Cameron, tool up like Arnold Schwartzenegger in that scene from "Commando" and lead the charge.

Until then, don't give a fuck about them, give a fuck about us and our country and let other people worry about theirs.
Agree 100%
Good to see the penny dropping.
E & OE

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

For clarification as your post seems to have a number of ambiguities, do you or do you not give a fuck, Colin? It's just not clear.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Royal24s wrote:Hello Colin!
Just popped in as I do every few years.
Yeah, that's exactly right. We have no business anymore meddling in geo politics because our politicians have been so successful in sabotaging our former country that we no longer have a dog in that race.
They've sold everything , shut down industry and manufacturing , replaced education with mass social conditioning and sacked the Army. We're the vagabonds and beggars of international affairs now .
Well that's what they wanted- what they worked so hard to achieve, but now they've finally achieved it they can't any longer expect to start dictating events in places like Syria, or be surprised that they get pretty openly laughed at when they try.

Of course, the've got to echo U.S foreign policy like pathetic little parrots when they're told too, otherwise they might not come and fight our battles for us if the ludicrous Mr. Cameroon's bellicose posturing comes unstuck and he has occasion to regret scrapping British Forces in favour of trains getting to Birmingham 15 minutes quicker.

Spot on Royals

Good to see you back around these parts, I hope you stay a while.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"