Post by warmleatherette »

Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
No-one is saying that one religion is better or worse than another, - they are all ridiculous, and stem from a time of barbarism.
The point is, in the here and now, it is the followers of islam that remain rooted in those barbarous teachings who threaten our way of life.

NB – I wish I knew why so many people’s automatic response to criticism of islam is deflection, in this case by comparing the hellhole of Africa to what is happening in the western world, - I’m sure it makes them feel better though.
There's no deflection here, I'm an equal opportunities denouncer of all sky fairies and their followers.
Be smart. Be an agnostic if you aren't a believer. Because God is real as are demons. So yeah. Be smart dude. Just because nothing has happened to you doesn't mean something has happened to someone else who wasn't a believer and it rocked their world.

Don't be a dumb. Don't be an atheist.

I get agnostic. That is what I was before a very, very strange and eye opening experience. But never did nor never will get the atheist type. How can you prove God isn't real. They are daft them lot.
If I was going to align myself with anything it would be Pantheism, it has all the answers with none of the hate.
Fair enough. Only one God. The rest are mockers and imitators.

But don't get the whole atheist bit. The hate they have for God....where you think that baby came from.

But what hate do you speak off? If mean Gays. Then yeah, God doesn't have time for them if then practice that lifestyle and sex style but makes sense when you think about it. If all men are/where gay where does that leave the human race....so yep, not many babies about huh. Logic with God right there. Don't care if you or others don't like that or not. It is logic and that is that. Never mind feelings.

Read the New Testament. It is all pretty clear about hate and what to do with it. The old laws done away with. He who cast the first stone and all that.
That all sounds very Christian and forgiving, and people wonder why there's killing and wars...
Well now there are many reasons for that. But to blame God is just brainless. Man fights man. What is that of God. Because it is in his name doesn't make it of him.

And religion is man made. Jesus spoke about it. He wasn't very fond of it. Then again I think he knew where that road lead.

And never forget who the ruler of this world is.

The answers are all there if care to look.

Hey logic is logic to the sarcastic answer as well. If every man was gay then the human race is what.....aye. Logic! But yet no logic with God they say. Cake and eat it springs to mind here.
Out of interest was it God or religion that gives you that hate of gays?
Brilliantly Honest

Royal24s

Re: The Religion of Peace? (Part 2)

Post by Royal24s »

warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
There's no deflection here, I'm an equal opportunities denouncer of all sky fairies and their followers.
Be smart. Be an agnostic if you aren't a believer. Because God is real as are demons. So yeah. Be smart dude. Just because nothing has happened to you doesn't mean something has happened to someone else who wasn't a believer and it rocked their world.

I get agnostic. That is what I was before a very, very strange and eye opening experience. But never did nor never will get the atheist type. How can you prove God isn't real. They are daft them lot.
If I was going to align myself with anything it would be Pantheism, it has all the answers with none of the hate.

But don't get the whole atheist bit. The hate they have for God....where you think that baby came from.

But what hate do you speak off? If mean Gays. Then yeah, God doesn't have time for them if then practice that lifestyle and sex style but makes sense when you think about it. If all men are/where gay where does that leave the human race....so yep, not many babies about huh. Logic with God right there. Don't care if you or others don't like that or not. It is logic and that is that. Never mind feelings.

Read the New Testament. It is all pretty clear about hate and what to do with it. The old laws done away with. He who cast the first stone and all that.
That all sounds very Christian and forgiving, and people wonder why there's killing and wars...
Well now there are many reasons for that. But to blame God is just brainless. Man fights man. What is that of God. Because it is in his name doesn't make it of him.

And religion is man made. Jesus spoke about it. He wasn't very fond of it. Then again I think he knew where that road lead.

Hey logic is logic to the sarcastic answer as well. If every man was gay then the human race is what.....aye. Logic! But yet no logic with God they say. Cake and eat it springs to mind here.
Accepting the word of God on any matter does not equal hating those who decline or fail to accept it.
We are told to hate the sin, but love the sinner.
In reality, I can't really imagine a society which is more tolerant of homosexuality than ours.
What you seem to demand however is not tolerance but acceptance.
Failure to declare that homosexuality is normal and desirable is NOT hating homosexuals.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Dot Cotton accepted the civil union of an old friend who is a bumlord to his boyfriend. If she could, why not you?
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

warmleatherette

Royal24s wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:

Accepting the word of God on any matter does not equal hating those who decline or fail to accept it.
We are told to hate the sin, but love the sinner.
In reality, I can't really imagine a society which is more tolerant of homosexuality than ours.
What you seem to demand however is not tolerance but acceptance.
Failure to declare that homosexuality is normal and desirable is NOT hating homosexuals.
It wasn't me that mentioned it in the first place, why is that?
Brilliantly Honest

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

If you mean homosexuality , I don't think I mentioned it either , but you asked a question which assumed that Christians " hate" gays, and I tried to explain that we don't, and put the idea into context.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

In other words, it is possible to honour the instructions of your own religion without hating the individuals who choose not to.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

But they must not expect you to deny your own beliefs either.

warmleatherette

Royal24s wrote:If you mean homosexuality , I don't think I mentioned it either , but you asked a question which assumed that Christians " hate" gays, and I tried to explain that we don't, and put the idea into context.
I didn't assume anything, it wasn't me that mentioned gays, it was a Christian telling me how logic and God have no time for them because it says so in a book.
Brilliantly Honest

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:

Hate!!! :lol: Oh I forgot. That is how it is turned around now days.

You may stop with that nonsense right quick. You aren't dealing with that type of man.

It was God. And as I give you logic as to why but you choose to take the pussy P.C. route of bringing hate speech lies into it then this is were we part. I will meet people half way but I won't play that silly game. No time for lies nor bullshit.

You do know that all sin is sin in Gods eyes. You know that much right. So I am a sinner to. Is that hate speech? So let us see peoples view on this.

I'm not married but I like women. Guess what lads and ladies. By Gods word. Guess what I am doing. Yep...sinning.

But that is between God and me. At least I have the heart and balls to own my sins. Unlike the ones who hide behind hate speech. Fucking clowns.

You all sicken me at times.

Well newsflash folks. This hate speech shit is drying up as people are getting sick off it and clowns hiding behind it to tell lies and push agendas. It is being found out. Like all the rest.

Strike a light.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

warmleatherette

Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:

You may stop with that nonsense right quick. You aren't dealing with that type of man.

It was God. And as I give you logic as to why but you choose to take the pussy P.C. route of bringing hate speech lies into it then this is were we part. I will meet people half way but I won't play that silly game. No time for lies nor bullshit.

You do know that all sin is sin in Gods eyes. You know that much right. So I am a sinner to. Is that hate speech? So let us see peoples view on this.

I'm not married but I like women. Guess what lads and ladies. By Gods word. Guess what I am doing. Yep...sinning.

But that is between God and me. At least I have the heart and balls to own my sins. Unlike the ones who hide behind hate speech. Fucking clowns.

Well newsflash folks. This hate speech shit is drying up as people are getting sick off it and clowns hiding behind it to tell lies and push agendas. It is being found out. Like all the rest.

Strike a light.
Seems you've touched your own nerve, it was you that brought up the hate on gays thing and then tried to justify it, embrace it, you have free will.
Brilliantly Honest

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:

Strike a light.
Seems you've touched your own nerve, it was you that brought up the hate on gays thing and then tried to justify it, embrace it, you have free will.
It is Gods word. Not hate. So stop with that auld nonsense. HATE, HATE, HATE. The war cry of the lost and owned. No where else to go so I will scream HATE. Sad really.

It is Gods word. Simple as that.

I hate no one. I just don't have time for a lot of people or things in this world. But don't hate it. There is ahuge differnce as you well know anyhow. It is a disgusting act IMO, but I like women so totally unnatural to me. But I don't hate gays. It isn't natural and that is the truth. Have give logic as to why it isn't natural. Even if you want to go down the fake lies of evolution....it still messes up with the logic. As I said. Where do the babies come from then, Strokes!! You still buying that one Leather? You didn't touch it though did you. Because well, you can't. Logic you see.

Still you cry 'HATE' all you want.

Won't work with me. I don't bend to these agendas because I see right through them and know from whom them come. And I have no fear in my heart. I trust in God. So what has this world on me.

warmleatherette

Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:

Strike a light.
It is Gods word. Not hate. So stop with that auld nonsense. HATE, HATE, HATE. The war cry of the lost and owned. No where else to go so I will scream HATE. Sad really.

It is Gods word. Simple as that.

I hate no one. I just don't have time for a lot of people or things in this world. But don't hate it. There is ahuge differnce as you well know anyhow. It is a disgusting act IMO, but I like women so totally unnatural to me. But I don't hate gays. It isn't natural and that is the truth. Have give logic as to why it isn't natural. Even if you want to go down the fake lies of evolution....it still messes up with the logic. As I said. Where do the babies come from then, Strokes!! You still buying that one Leather? You didn't touch it though did you. Because well, you can't. Logic you see.

Still you cry 'HATE' all you want.

Won't work with me. I don't bend to these agendas because I see right through them and know from whom them come. And I have no fear in my heart. I trust in God. So what has this world on me.
When are you going to realise Its you that mentioned gays in relation to hate, it's you that's crying hate, typical of the religious, you have so much in common with your Muslim brothers yet you fail to see it, typical religious hypocrites.
Brilliantly Honest

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Rossco wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:

Really? That is where you draw that from. Really. LOL Take it out of context all you want. My point stands. Sin is sin in Gods eyes and he hates sin. So dry your eyes there cupcake. Hey I'm guilty of sins to...so man up at least and stop crying and using the HATE agenda FFS. See this is the thing about the gay agenda. Gays have rights but it is trying to make it normal and it isn't a sin. Well it is a sin in Gods eyes and that is that. But like I say. I'm not married and like women. Do I get a platform to gurn on and a parade???....lol that is how silly it all is. But it is to twist the word of God. Same as the gay marriage. To go against Gods word right there on what a marriage should be in his eyes That is the real agenda. Be bright enough to see that and stop promoting it.

It's OK though. I am not mad at you. Just makes me angry that people spout such bullshit and then cry HATE when told the truth. Man to fuck up a wee bit huh. I forgive you. I don't take things personal. But I won't have people try to twist Gods word to suit agendas and lies.

That I won't sit back and take. God doesn't hate gays he hates the sin when they have sex. That is the bit. But again twisted to suit the agenda. As you have tried to do here. And failed.

Good day Leather. Have a good one.

P.S. I am no religionist. But if that helps you with this then you work away there. That is your choice. But I have the courage of my convictions fella.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

warmleatherette wrote:
Royal24s wrote:If you mean homosexuality , I don't think I mentioned it either , but you asked a question which assumed that Christians " hate" gays, and I tried to explain that we don't, and put the idea into context.
I didn't assume anything, it wasn't me that mentioned gays, it was a Christian telling me how logic and God have no time for them because it says so in a book.
No, he didn't say that, and neither did I .
It was made clear that it is the sin rather than the sinner which is forbidden and rejected.
Each man has a choice whether to obey God once he understands things properly, and is responsible for that choice. It is also fundamental to our religion that sins can be forgiven, which is a main thing which separates the old and new testaments - Judeaism and Christianity.
God therefore has time for everyone, except perhaps those who commit the unforgivable sin of calling that which is good evil , and calling that which is evil good.
God therefore will forgive all sins upon repentance .
Those who do not yet understand the spiritual part of their nature probably cannot be held accountable, ( " each man will be judged by the light given to him").
There are many lies and deceptions prevalent in the world today, and two of them are the non-existence of a living God and the lie that those who worship him are either stupid or wicked .
To say that Christians hate homosexuals because they do not accept the practise is entirely false.

warmleatherette

Royal24s wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
No, he didn't say that, and neither did I .
It was made clear that it is the sin rather than the sinner which is forbidden and rejected.
Each man has a choice whether to obey God once he understands things properly, and is responsible for that choice. It is also fundamental to our religion that sins can be forgiven, which is a main thing which separates the old and new testaments - Judeaism and Christianity.
God therefore has time for everyone, except perhaps those who commit the unforgivable sin of calling that which is good evil , and calling that which is evil good.
God therefore will forgive all sins upon repentance .
Those who do not yet understand the spiritual part of their nature probably cannot be held accountable, ( " each man will be judged by the light given to him").
There are many lies and deceptions prevalent in the world today, and two of them are the non-existence of a living God and the lie that those who worship him are either stupid or wicked .
To say that Christians hate homosexuals because they do not accept the practise is entirely false.
Rossco wrote:

Brilliantly Honest

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Come on warm, there's a slight typo but it says " if they practise the lifestyle".
You know that's perfectly consistent with what I said.
He also points out the old laws done away with in the new testament .

warmleatherette

Royal24s wrote:Come on warm, there's a slight typo but it says " if they practise the lifestyle".
You know that's perfectly consistent with what I said.
He also points out the old laws done away with in the new testament .
He's quite entitled to his opinions, no skin off my nose I was just pointing out it was his opinion not mine, when I originally said "without the hate", gays were the last thing on my mind, I was thinking more of the different factions all supposedly following the same God and still managing to fight with each other about it.
Brilliantly Honest

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

That doesn't include Christians. If youre thinking of Ulster, that's really not about religion,despite the antipathy between different denominations, which are actually more political and racial.
But you know, we're not following the same god as the Moslems. They follow an entirely different entity, and one which is not the living God who we believe made us in His image.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Although its in the old testament I dont recall Jesus mentioning arse banditry at all (Though I doubt he'd approve.) and he certainly never said to kill Homosexuals, or anyone else at all, not even the cruel occupying Romans
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

warmleatherette

Luke 19:27 seems pretty clear, I guess it's all in the interpretation much like the Koran.
Brilliantly Honest

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

warmleatherette wrote:Luke 19:27 seems pretty clear, I guess it's all in the interpretation much like the Koran.
It's all in the person as well.

Anyone who is violent will interpret ambiguous passages violently. Those who aren't, won't.

You'd think we were never given brains to think for ourselves.

warmleatherette

m4rkb wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:Luke 19:27 seems pretty clear, I guess it's all in the interpretation much like the Koran.

Anyone who is violent will interpret ambiguous passages violently. Those who aren't, won't.

You'd think people wouldn't take a book of quotes so seriously, but some do :-)
Brilliantly Honest

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

m4 colin wrote:Although its in the old testament I dont recall Jesus mentioning arse banditry at all (Though I doubt he'd approve.) and he certainly never said to kill Homosexuals, or anyone else at all, not even the cruel occupying Romans
He said that except for what he HAD mentioned, the law of the old testament was not altered by a fig or a jot. What had changed was that because of His sacrifice to atone for all sins, that breaking that law could now be forgiven .

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

warmleatherette wrote:
m4rkb wrote:

You'd think people wouldn't take a book of quotes so seriously, but some do

Firstly, it's not a book of quotes. It's the word of God. Those who study it properly will take it seriously because it is impossible to find a mistake and easy to find perfect wisdom, and a knowledge of science, history , human nature and even the future which the human men recording it could not have known.
What you can do, and you've done here, is to take a phrase out of context and misrepresent the meaning , or take two phrases out of context , compare them and suggest a contradiction which isn't there. I hope you didn't do that deliberately.

I looked up the passage you quoted, and it's just part of a parable - a story to demonstrate a point, ( in this case to do the best you can with what you're given and some would argue actually to warn us of the dangers to come in future from socialism).
Your passage merely quotes what the king in the story said. It isn't an instruction to Christans at all.
You might equally have taken a line from the parable of the Prodigal Son and claimed that we are being told to spend all our money on prostitutes because it tells us that someone did that in the story.

You've got to read the whole thing before you can even start to understand it. That is when you can use your brain AND your soul and your prayers to see the truth in it

warmleatherette

Royal24s wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
m4rkb wrote:

You'd think people wouldn't take a book of quotes so seriously, but some do

Firstly, it's not a book of quotes. It's the word of God. Those who study it properly will take it seriously because it is impossible to find a mistake and easy to find perfect wisdom, and a knowledge of science, history , human nature and even the future which the human men recording it could not have known.
What you can do, and you've done here, is to take a phrase out of context and misrepresent the meaning , or take two phrases out of context , compare them and suggest a contradiction which isn't there. I hope you didn't do that deliberately.

I looked up the passage you quoted, and it's just part of a parable - a story to demonstrate a point, ( in this case to do the best you can with what you're given and some would argue actually to warn us of the dangers to come in future from socialism).
Your passage merely quotes what the king in the story said. It isn't an instruction to Christans at all.
You might equally have taken a line from the parable of the Prodigal Son and claimed that we are being told to spend all our money on prostitutes because it tells us that someone did that in the story.

You've got to read the whole thing before you can even start to understand it. That is when you can use your brain AND your soul and your prayers to see the truth in it
It is most certainly a book of quotes, not once does either Jesus or "God" contribute directly to the bible, they are quoted by others in every instance.

If I was going to go for a quote out of context deliberately I would have done better, maybe Matthew 10:34 for instance :-)
Last edited by warmleatherette on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brilliantly Honest