The Religion of Peace? (Part 2)

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Re: The Religion of Peace? (Part 2)

Post by Royal24s »

Carlos J wrote:
Roddy wrote: Who is your best chewer of khat?
Do you mean most successful or one with most élan, Roddy? ;)

Slience on names but many 'successful' in their fields.
Agricultural workers then.
I can remember when lots of professional footballers and boxers smoked, but that wasn't the secret of their success .
Drugs are bad, kids !

Seriously though, Carlos, I've seen plenty of youngsters being dissected on slabs before their 20th birthday because they listened to talk like that, and I've seen, ( and arrested), some very rich and famous music stars for drugs. I suppose this latter group are successful depending upon how you judge success but the difference is that they can afford to book themselves into some Swiss clinic when it's threatening their lives,and the poor little fuckers from council estates who followed their example could only afford to die in a cubicle in the toilets at Piccadilly Circus after they'd fucked their lives.
Drugs are the single biggest driver of crime and if we had a government which cared about its people they would wipe it out mercilessly.
The gradual decent into widespread drug abuse is also a major factor in dumbing down and the degradation of our young people into tatooed idiots with rings through their noses and hair dyed in colours which don't actually occur in hair ! They are worth more than that.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Royal24s wrote:
Carlos J wrote:

I can remember when lots of professional footballers and boxers smoked, but that wasn't the secret of their success .
Drugs are bad, kids !

Seriously though, Carlos, I've seen plenty of youngsters being dissected on slabs before their 20th birthday because they listened to talk like that, and I've seen, ( and arrested), some very rich and famous music stars for drugs. I suppose this latter group are successful depending upon how you judge success but the difference is that they can afford to book themselves into some Swiss clinic when it's threatening their lives,and the poor little fuckers from council estates who followed their example could only afford to die in a cubicle in the toilets at Piccadilly Circus after they'd fucked their lives.
Drugs are the single biggest driver of crime and if we had a government which cared about its people they would wipe it out mercilessly.
The gradual decent into widespread drug abuse is also a major factor in dumbing down and the degradation of our young people into tatooed idiots with rings through their noses and hair dyed in colours which don't actually occur in hair ! They are worth more than that.
You make fair points, Royals, as commonly known about drugs.

A slight dig (no pun) saying agricultural workers can be overlooked. No, many I know who have taken khat are some lawyerly like yourself, some err maybe to your disdain, authors and TV presenters, and some medically trained. And some like err me.

It's too late and not about tomorrow to get into a drugs debate which is long running. But I will say it is free will. People for millennia have taken narcotics, natural and now sadly mostly man-made. One could ponder cultures japing merrily along destroyed by others with their deities.

I would not decry no man the opportunity to experiment himself. Why not? For wisdom is to be found. The history of drug users' contribution to society shows that.

As flipside, we have some in society addicted. Why do the government not care, you say?Keeping the masses controlled and err monged when decriminalising could bring in much coin? This ain't the US and socalled crack control of the masses. Or is it?

Free will will not tend to a nation of junkies, same as all day pub opening did not lead to a nation of jakeys. Support those addicted, free those criminalised users and convict those who make the most coin.

I doubt drugs are responsible for trends of tattooing and piercing. My simple experience shows that. Also doubtful for the socalled dumbing down of society, many other factors may be responsible if even true.

There's a hell of lot more.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Carlos J wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Carlos J wrote:

Drugs are bad, kids !

A slight dig (no pun) saying agricultural workers can be overlooked. No, many I know who have taken khat are some lawyerly like yourself, some err maybe to your disdain, authors and TV presenters, and some medically trained. And some like err me.

It's too late and not about tomorrow to get into a drugs debate which is long running. But I will say it is free will. People for millennia have taken narcotics, natural and now sadly mostly man-made. One could ponder cultures japing merrily along destroyed by others with their deities.

I would not decry no man the opportunity to experiment himself. Why not? For wisdom is to be found. The history of drug users' contribution to society shows that.

As flipside, we have some in society addicted. Why do the government not care, you say?Keeping the masses controlled and err monged when decriminalising could bring in much coin? This ain't the US and socalled crack control of the masses. Or is it?

Free will will not tend to a nation of junkies, same as all day pub opening did not lead to a nation of jakeys. Support those addicted, free those criminalised users and convict those who make the most coin.

I doubt drugs are responsible for trends of tattooing and piercing. My simple experience shows that. Also doubtful for the socalled dumbing down of society, many other factors may be responsible if even true.

Well, surely agricultural workers do dig don't they ?
That wasn't a dig at all though, it was a small joke that's all. In fact ,some of the greatest people I've ever known have been agricultural workers or colliers , so that'd be no dig at all.

I'm not at all about grading people on the basis of their income or social status, which are quite incidental to their value as people. There are far more important things.
My own ancestry is as impressive as it gets, but by the early 20th century they'd gradually lost their lands and money and so I was only educated by the generosity of miners contributions and scholarships in a Welsh Grammar School. That is maybe why I care so much for regular people and seek to protect their interests ,( as opposed to what they sometimes think are their interests). It might be the reason,( and I only just think of this now), that when I progressed a bit into places where I witnessed the tricks and lies used to control them , that I got angry about it and remain so.

I digress because I must stress that you'll never hear me denigrate regular people in ordinary jobs.

Anyway, back to the point. I also know plenty of professional and media people who misuse drugs, and that just proves my point that they're no more intrinsically worthy or clever than anyone else - just in a better position to get away with it perhaps. It's no argument to support the practise though.
As far as being a driver for crime, I wasn't talking about possessing or taking the stuff, which is a bigger crime against the people who do it than anyone else. I was talking about the other crimes they commit because of their involuntary compulsion for more of it once they are hooked, not to mention the human degradation of getting into that state.
I was also talking about the organised criminals , ( including those who would surprise you), who profit by unimaginable sums from the existence of this plague and, being criminals, use it to propagate other crimes and suffering through the world.
Your argument on freedom of choice is a legitimate one, though I'm not sure how much you apply it to other freedoms, but I wonder whether we can demand a freedom which directly leads to so much suffering , including death, to so many others who are innocent and unconnected with it ?
We hear ridiculous arguments that smoking or not wearing seat belts must be banned because of greatly exaggerated claims of third party harm, which are successfully employed to withhold those freedoms, yet we don't see our governments taking effective steps to stop the drug trade. ( Some may wonder why that is).

In short, I must disagree with your justification of drugs. They are certainly a bad thing and we cannot regard them as anything but a plague upon humanity.
At some point we might consider the right of individuals to consume illicit drugs. I could accept that, but firstly they'd have to stop it for a while so they'd be in their right minds when they made such a self destructive decision . Actually, I doubt that very many people would take such a choice if they had the natural clarity of thought which would return if they stopped intoxicating themselves for a while.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

It will come as no surprise to those that live in brum, or those that go there frequently, but it is a segregated city and the schools are basket cases (and I'm advised, just the tip of an iceberg):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -city.html

Interesting as usual, that the 'M' word is nowhere to be seen.
E & OE

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The L word is mentioned often enough though.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Yet again someone mentions the unmentionable as they retire from office. Labourites like Jack Straw, MP for Blackburn suddenly noticed immigration was very high and his community was split on the day he left the job. Plenty more only say what they really know on the day they hang up their gloves. You cannot trust these people to say what they think while in office. Why is that I wonder?

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

m4rkb wrote:Yet again someone mentions the unmentionable as they retire from office. Labourites like Jack Straw, MP for Blackburn suddenly noticed immigration was very high and his community was split on the day he left the job. Plenty more only say what they really know on the day they hang up their gloves. You cannot trust these people to say what they think while in office. Why is that I wonder?

Can't expect much else really, we all know that for years, any mention of the elephant in the room has been completely taboo. It would take an unusual individual to intentionally end his or her career.
I've mentioned once or twice that I have an acquaintance who is a middle manager within brum social services, and she has hinted to me several times of corruption and cover ups concerning members of the thread title, but she knows it would be financial suicide not to just go along and keep quiet.
E & OE

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

With increasing white flight from cities like Birmingham and Coventry these schools and areas will become more segregated and divided . I read on mail website they put concrete bollards around Birmingham xmas market to prevent car bomb style attacks. I was hoping to visit there this week
MJInnocent

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

theleader82 wrote:With increasing white flight from cities like Birmingham and Coventry these schools and areas will become more segregated and divided . I read on mail website they put concrete bollards around Birmingham xmas market to prevent car bomb style attacks. I was hoping to visit there this week
That's a comforting bit of info - we've arranged a couple of days in brum later this week to do the market and a show.
E & OE

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

m4rkb wrote:Yet again someone mentions the unmentionable as they retire from office. Labourites like Jack Straw, MP for Blackburn suddenly noticed immigration was very high and his community was split on the day he left the job. Plenty more only say what they really know on the day they hang up their gloves. You cannot trust these people to say what they think while in office. Why is that I wonder?
Bit like Theresa May forgetting she was Home Secretary for over 5 years when talking about immigration.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

If British Muslims are such a problem why does the Daily Mail keep making up stories & then apologising in tiny letters on page 35, days latter. This isn't a one off, it happens regularly. The apology should be the same size as the original story.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote:With increasing white flight from cities like Birmingham and Coventry these schools and areas will become more segregated and divided . I read on mail website they put concrete bollards around Birmingham xmas market to prevent car bomb style attacks. I was hoping to visit there this week
LOL. Yet more joined up thinking from leader. From white flight to schools to concrete bollards to Christmas Market.

Priceless.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Ralph wrote:If British Muslims are such a problem why does the Daily Mail keep making up stories & then apologising in tiny letters on page 35, days latter. This isn't a one off, it happens regularly. The apology should be the same size as the original story.

So because the mail publishes some retractions on various subjects, we should ignore all the valid reports from innumerable sources of muslim 'incompatibilities'.
Thanks for clearing that up.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

I thought I'd put to bed once and for all (on this little forum at least) the naive notion that some posters still seem to have that the on-street grooming of young white british girls (and similar atrocities) are not predominantly committed by muslims (and one poster in particular who refuses to look with his good eye).

A snippet from report from the Times journalist, Andrew Norfolk (not sure if this is a new report or not, but it does pretty much sum it up:

"What he hadn’t expected to uncover was the grooming of teenage white girls by gangs of Asian men – and the blind eye turned by the local council and police force. For this he won the Journalist of the Year award at the 2014 British Journalism Awards, among other accolades......

‘Only as I continued to work on the story and was trying to understand why and how this crime model had put down such strong roots in certain communities, I came to believe that in addition to cultural issues there were certain aspects of Islamic thinking, plus a distorted sort-of street Islam perspective, which played a role in making such group crimes more likely, and potentially more acceptable, within a criminal subculture of the Pakistani Muslim community as opposed to, e.g., the British Sikh or Hindu communities.’......

‘We agonised from the start about how to describe these men,’ he says. ‘When we began researching past prosecutions that fitted the crime pattern, we found that of the 56 men convicted, 50 were Muslim and the vast majority were of Pakistani heritage, so from the word go we described them as a sub-section within the Pakistani community rather than the Islamic community.’

http://www.lapidomedia.com/news-focus-j ... nment-fail
E & OE

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

kancutlawns wrote:
LOL. Yet more joined up thinking from leader. From white flight to schools to concrete bollards to Christmas Market.

Priceless.
It's truth though.

So yeah.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Rossco wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:

Priceless.
It's truth though.

So yeah.
What's true? Did you actually read what I read?

Also, theleader for your information is an easily led sap who believes everything he reads he reads and sees in the MSM which is what precisely the sort of idiot you clearly despise. :D

Re-read what I said and reply. Take your time.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

These damned takeaway workers up to their usual tricks, eh hillman:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/ta ... 22661.html
E & OE

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Royal24s wrote:
Carlos J wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Carlos J wrote:

Drugs are bad, kids !

b
Well, surely agricultural workers do dig don't they ?
That wasn't a dig at all though, it was a small joke that's all. In fact ,some of the greatest people I've ever known have been agricultural workers or colliers , so that'd be no dig at all.

I'm not at all about grading people on the basis of their income or social status, which are quite incidental to their value as people. There are far more important things.
My own ancestry is as impressive as it gets, but by the early 20th century they'd gradually lost their lands and money and so I was only educated by the generosity of miners contributions and scholarships in a Welsh Grammar School. That is maybe why I care so much for regular people and seek to protect their interests ,( as opposed to what they sometimes think are their interests). It might be the reason,( and I only just think of this now), that when I progressed a bit into places where I witnessed the tricks and lies used to control them , that I got angry about it and remain so.

I digress because I must stress that you'll never hear me denigrate regular people in ordinary jobs.

Anyway, back to the point. I also know plenty of professional and media people who misuse drugs, and that just proves my point that they're no more intrinsically worthy or clever than anyone else - just in a better position to get away with it perhaps. It's no argument to support the practise though.
As far as being a driver for crime, I wasn't talking about possessing or taking the stuff, which is a bigger crime against the people who do it than anyone else. I was talking about the other crimes they commit because of their involuntary compulsion for more of it once they are hooked, not to mention the human degradation of getting into that state.
I was also talking about the organised criminals , ( including those who would surprise you), who profit by unimaginable sums from the existence of this plague and, being criminals, use it to propagate other crimes and suffering through the world.
Your argument on freedom of choice is a legitimate one, though I'm not sure how much you apply it to other freedoms, but I wonder whether we can demand a freedom which directly leads to so much suffering , including death, to so many others who are innocent and unconnected with it ?
We hear ridiculous arguments that smoking or not wearing seat belts must be banned because of greatly exaggerated claims of third party harm, which are successfully employed to withhold those freedoms, yet we don't see our governments taking effective steps to stop the drug trade. ( Some may wonder why that is).
The third party argument in both cases is strong and a definition of freedom meaning that you can do what you want irrespective of impact on others is naive.
The campaign against drugs distribution and use consumes enormous resources now. It's not an issue of will, but of effectiveness.
It is well known to be the root cause of much mugging and burglary.
In short, I must disagree with your justification of drugs. They are certainly a bad thing and we cannot regard them as anything but a plague upon humanity.
At some point we might consider the right of individuals to consume illicit drugs. I could accept that, but firstly they'd have to stop it for a while so they'd be in their right minds when they made such a self destructive decision . Actually, I doubt that very many people would take such a choice if they had the natural clarity of thought which would return if they stopped intoxicating themselves for a while.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Don't know where you dredged that from , but you seem to be agreeing with my conclusion, but suggesting that smoking and not wearing seat belts have significantly serious harmful effects on others and therefore justify criminalisation . Well, I disagree .

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Royal24s wrote:Don't know where you dredged that from , but you seem to be agreeing with my conclusion, but suggesting that smoking and not wearing seat belts have significantly serious harmful effects on others and therefore justify criminalisation . Well, I disagree .
Smoking can have a serious affect on others. I always carry a bucket of water round with me if I know I'm going to be in the vicinity of those selfish cunts. :D
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Ralph wrote:If British Muslims are such a problem why does the Daily Mail keep making up stories & then apologising in tiny letters on page 35, days latter. This isn't a one off, it happens regularly. The apology should be the same size as the original story.

The Daily Mail's on a roll. Hatie Kopkins caught out this time. They've apologised & paid "substantial damages".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/article ... ology.html

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... Claus.html

These cards strangely are not available at local card shops. Bit late for Christmas.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38457257 British woman kept as slave by taxi driver for 15 years
MJInnocent

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Never mind the combined might of the Us and Russian armies, wait till Hillman sees the grammar on this one.