The Religion of Peace? (Part 2)

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Boris the Spider

Re: The Religion of Peace? (Part 2)

Post by Boris the Spider »

That Norn chap was born 400 years too late. He should've sailed on The Mayflower. I'm guessing he is Matthew Hopkins re-incarnated.
I’m Chris Riccobono.

Visit us in Covint Gardin, Londin.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

For people who believe that the earth is 6000 year old.
Are dinosaurs bones just there to test your faith?
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Steve Hunt wrote:Literally lost for words:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ndson.html

:shock: :shock:
One of the readers' comments sums it up (although I'm not sure if they're actually being ironic or seriously defending that barbaric cult):

"Its a shia thing and has nothing to do with Islam". :rolleyes:
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

At least one political leader has the integrity to own up to the truth:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... -de-gaulle
E & OE

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

It's self flagellation on themselves, not others, Steve. At long as it doesn't hurt others, not sure it's our problem. Each to their own, etc.
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Roy Twing wrote:At least one political leader has the integrity to own up to the truth:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... -de-gaulle
Wake up Roy. There's a Presidential Election coming up next year and the far right have taken the middle ground, so it's not out of principle. He's playing to the gallery and is a bit of cunt. Don't you prefer leaders with personal conviction?
Please don't hoover up all the bollocks for yourself. Leave some for others.

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

kancutlawns wrote:

It's self flagellation on themselves, not others, Steve. At long as it doesn't hurt others, not sure it's our problem. Each to their own, etc.

It is a strange one, that religion. But I guess many religions have strange offshoots in ways. Just a lot of the main ways of that religion................well it is just messed up really. Never mind the offshoots.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Rantan Zero

Post by Rantan Zero »

Rossco wrote: But one thing that amuses me about non-believers is the fact that they think they can dent the belief of believers. Once people have felt the power of God there is no denying that.
Do you think of yourself as superior to non-believers?

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Rantan Zero wrote:
Rossco wrote: But one thing that amuses me about non-believers is the fact that they think they can dent the belief of believers. Once people have felt the power of God there is no denying that.
Do you think of yourself as superior to non-believers?
Me myself no. Not at all. I am a nothing at best. Just trying to get through this crazy, upside down world.

But it doesn't really matter what I think TBH.

It just amuses me, that once you are aware God is real how people who have no clue for whatever reason think you could not see things as before. How could I not get a wry smile out of it all. Ask Bas, he has met me. I wasn't looking nor asking Rantan. I'm just dealing. And I am honest.

But no. I am not better than anybody. Nah not at all dude, straight up. But God must think something else. So hey. Happy days I guess.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Here's Islam at work in one of the world's most 'moderate' muslim countries:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/asia/11 ... n-governor
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

...and yet another report of enrichment:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... years.html

...and of course, - nowt to do with islam eh, horatio (and like-'minded'chums)?
E & OE

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

There's lots of Somalians in Bristol now particularly in St. Paul's. Also in Birmingham and Leicester. The women don't work or integrate. You always see them pushing multiple pushchairs around full of children,.
MJInnocent

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to pause for a moment and give thanks for many great contributions of the Somali community and their culture to our society.
Their peaceful and generous nature makes them ideal neighbours,lending testimony to their exceptional family values and parenting skills unrivaled by any other cultures.
Their commitment to academic excellence enriches our schools and serves as to all who hope to achieve prominence as a people.
House prices on the up are fueled by the influx of Somalian's into an area due to their caring and respectful of other communities,an example of all they have achieved by enthusiasm for self improvement through hard work and a self reliant can do nature without their industrious and creative drive,we would be a poorer Nation.
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Great post
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

kooster

Post by kooster »

All religion is a form of SLAVERY , and anyone who believes in it is mentally unstable.

It forms divisions, It breeds Hatred, and in the real world is just a front for Sexual Deviants and Creeps of the worst kind.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Did you mean politics ?
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Roddy wrote:I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to pause for a moment and give thanks for many great contributions of the Somali community and their culture to our society.
Their peaceful and generous nature makes them ideal neighbours,lending testimony to their exceptional family values and parenting skills unrivaled by any other cultures.
Their commitment to academic excellence enriches our schools and serves as to all who hope to achieve prominence as a people.
House prices on the up are fueled by the influx of Somalian's into an area due to their caring and respectful of other communities,an example of all they have achieved by enthusiasm for self improvement through hard work and a self reliant can do nature without their industrious and creative drive,we would be a poorer Nation.
Khat is great though, Roddy. You not tried it? Like a natural minor version of speed. See mushrooms and acid as similar. Shame banned in 2014, but hey, what does that mean?
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

kooster wrote:All religion is a form of SLAVERY , and anyone who believes in it is mentally unstable.

It forms divisions, It breeds Hatred, and in the real world is just a front for Sexual Deviants and Creeps of the worst kind.
Not quite my friend! But I'd agree if you said any religion you cant just walk away from is slavery.
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Carlos J wrote:
Roddy wrote:I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to pause for a moment and give thanks for many great contributions of the Somali community and their culture to our society.
Khat is great though, Roddy. You not tried it? Like a natural minor version of speed. See mushrooms and acid as similar. Shame banned in 2014, but hey, what does that mean?
I will chew chewing gum rather than Khat thank you very much,Alex Ferguson chewed gum for 30 year and was successful.
Don't think anybody who chewed Khat has been successful at anything. :-k

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

I came across this blog a couple of days ago, and it is a really comprehensive effort on the subject of muslim rape gangs, and I think it's well worth taking the time to read - for those seriously concerned about the phenomenon:

http://www.theeuroprobe.org/2015-160-a- ... ie-waters/
E & OE

kooster

Post by kooster »

m4 colin wrote:
kooster wrote:All religion is a form of SLAVERY , and anyone who believes in it is mentally unstable.

Not quite my friend! But I'd agree if you said any religion you cant just walk away from is slavery.
I am talking about all religion, and I think we can all agree we are all victims of slavery , me and you included, my friend.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

kooster wrote:
m4 colin wrote:

I am talking about all religion, and I think we can all agree we are all victims of slavery , me and you included, my friend.

Sexual predators will exploit any institution that suits the society or culture they live in.

In some places that will mean hiding behind the veil of religion and exploiting the threat of damnation of the soul on vunerable victims whether they pose as priest, mullah or laity.

In other places it is more suitable for them to use the shield of political systems and dogma or government office to commit their atrocities with the threat of official force or law to back them, whether they be commissar, bureaucrat, MP, Congressman or Senator.

Yet more increasingly chose the world of celebrity with the starry eyed susceptible to the glamour of the TV, film or music personality and their enticing world.

Its easy, and indeed necessary, to hold these institutions to account when they shelter and protect the perverted within their ranks and this has never been done enough, but to say that any of these flawed institutions are the cause is plain wrong.*
They maybe hosts but they are not the parasite.
The cause is the black reaches and yearnings of the human psyche.

*Except the BBC, 'cos they're just cuntery defined.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Good points, Bas. Though the entertainment industry has been doing it for over a century now.
Roddy wrote:
Carlos J wrote:
I will chew chewing gum rather than Khat thank you very much,Alex Ferguson chewed gum for 30 year and was successful.
Don't think anybody who chewed Khat has been successful at anything. :-k
Doubt you'll be following Fergie chewing gum, Roddy. ;) I know many successful people who chewed khat. Success is all relative though, doubt anyone I know will turn out the most successful British manager ever. But hey, you should try it. Most pleasant.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Roddy wrote: Who is your best chewer of khat?
Do you mean most successful or one with most élan, Roddy? ;)

Slience on names but many 'successful' in their fields.