Global warming

In-depth debate on all topical issues
The Spaniel

Re: Global warming

Post by The Spaniel »

Petingo wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
paolo wrote:the moment they taxed it and turned it into revenue and control was the moment i disbelieved it
^^ This.
With bells on.

The fact that five years ago we had the coldest winter since 1963 is completely expunged from memory as the Global Warming Comunity rush to point to this mild winter as evidence of an impending meteorological apocalypse.
I remember the the winter of 1962–1963. Then the scientists were predicting this was the start of a new ice age, the BBC even reported the fear that the Straits of Dover would freeze over. Now, after a few mild winters the scientists are claiming we are in for a dangerous period of warming, which is of course eagerly and repeatedly reported by the BBC, as an indisputable fact.

Politicians, egged on by the Green Lobby, used the fear of Armageddon if we did not stop polluting the world as another way of taxing us.
When governments use global warming, or climate change, as an excuse to pile more taxes on us, my belief we are about to drown or burn up by the next century is stretched to incredulity.
The fact that the data fed into the computers that predict all this doom and gloom has been found to be flawed is hardly ever reported, even though some of those who worked on the computer model admitted as much.

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

paolo wrote:what if the smithsonian institute verified that chemtrails were real?
Before we go any further are you referring to the the white lines of ice trailing from behind passenger aircraft everybody sees in the sky?
Brilliantly Honest

paolo

Post by paolo »

my own personal view...

contrails.....watervapour exiting the hot engine at altitude, forming ice crystals at altitude which then thaw and disappear from view shortly after the plane has passed

chemtrails, formed with chemicals, possibly mixed with fuel, and dispersed using aerosol tech, and the trail then forms into a heavy cloud that does not disappear and spreds, forming a haze that lasts all day

just my opinion

but just wondered about the respected smithsonian

i also wondered if chemtrails had been discussed at parliamentary level in various countries
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

The Spaniel wrote:
Petingo wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
paolo wrote:the moment they taxed it and turned it into revenue and control was the moment i disbelieved it
^^ This.
With bells on.

The fact that five years ago we had the coldest winter since 1963 is completely expunged from memory as the Global Warming Comunity rush to point to this mild winter as evidence of an impending meteorological apocalypse.
I remember the the winter of 1962–1963. Then the scientists were predicting this was the start of a new ice age, the BBC even reported the fear that the Straits of Dover would freeze over. Now, after a few mild winters the scientists are claiming we are in for a dangerous period of warming, which is of course eagerly and repeatedly reported by the BBC, as an indisputable fact.

Politicians, egged on by the Green Lobby, used the fear of Armageddon if we did not stop polluting the world as another way of taxing us.
When governments use global warming, or climate change, as an excuse to pile more taxes on us, my belief we are about to drown or burn up by the next century is stretched to incredulity.
The fact that the data fed into the computers that predict all this doom and gloom has been found to be flawed is hardly ever reported, even though some of those who worked on the computer model admitted as much.
Ah the old hockey stick graph where you could put the figure in from this weeks Sun Bingo and it would still predict disaster. It's the same kind of programming they do at Volkswagen with their emission tests.

warmleatherette

paolo wrote:my own personal view...

contrails.....watervapour exiting the hot engine at altitude, forming ice crystals at altitude which then thaw and disappear from view shortly after the plane has passed.

but just wondered about the respected smithsonian
Why and how would something thaw when it's at -40/50C?

Indeed the smithsonian is a respected source, maybe you should listen to what they say about contrails as I have in the past hence my first post on this subject.
warmleatherette wrote:
paolo wrote:The chemtrails are corrupting
Indeed, contrails are a major player in cloud formation and shielding of sunlight.
Brilliantly Honest

Petingo

Post by Petingo »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Petingo wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
^^ This.
With bells on.

Then clearly you do not understand the issue.

It is not as simple as everyone getting warmer. It affects the movement of weather systems which had previously been fairly stable. The result is weather which we perceive as "extreme" in that we did not historically receive it and we are not prepared for it. That may be great heat, cold or precipitation.

That's why it has been called "Climate Change" rather than "Global warming " for years now as the old title was causing the kind of confusion you show.

Apply that first line to yourself.

You just swallow the guff they give you and parrot it ad nauseum.

The term "Global Warming" was binned and replaced with "Climate Change" because the myth that somehow the human race has any significant effect on the weather patterns became unsustainable in the face of contrary evidence showing that there was if anything an increase in the amount ice in the polar ice caps.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/61 ... ps-melting

They held a Global Warming convention in Scandanavia a few years ago and it ended in chaos when Obama had to catch an early plane out of Dodge on account of all airports on the Eastern seaboard were about to be closed down due to a very severe ice storm which was closing in.

Climate change has been a fact of life on planet earth since the Big Bang.

It will continue to be a fact of life until our sun, the real reason behind climate change, dies and the earth with it.

The earth cools down, the earth heats up.

In the 70s the scare was that we were in for an impending new Ice Age.

And that, Hillman, is the Inconvenient Truth your cheerleader Al Gore will not face up to.

So just relax and stop fretting over sommat you have absolutely no effect on.

Have a Cool Yule, y'all.
Alex Young, Howard Kendall, Andy King, Timmy Cahill, Dixie Dean and Mike Parry.....we'll never see the likes of them again.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

The whole "it's a con to drive up taxes" defence was never very strong, but now it is long-defunct.

All over the world governments have been using their taxations systems to encourage energy-saving and to discourage profligacy.
If, as is suggested, this was about raising revenue they would have done the opposite. They would have taken their revenues from fuel sold to gas-guzzlers and to poorly insulated property and done the exact opposite of what they have done, ie shut up.

And yes, there has been climate change over the centuries. Nobody denies that. But now our co2 output has hastened the next one, and the stakes for our advanced societies are enormous.

You've lost the argument. Al Gore is a fringe figure in this. It is the overwhelming verdict of scientists; the only real debate now is whether what we are doing is too little too late.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Petingo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Petingo wrote:
m4rkb wrote:
^^ This.
With bells on.

Then clearly you do not understand the issue.

It is not as simple as everyone getting warmer. It affects the movement of weather systems which had previously been fairly stable. The result is weather which we perceive as "extreme" in that we did not historically receive it and we are not prepared for it. That may be great heat, cold or precipitation.

That's why it has been called "Climate Change" rather than "Global warming " for years now as the old title was causing the kind of confusion you show.

Apply that first line to yourself.

You just swallow the guff they give you and parrot it ad nauseum.

The term "Global Warming" was binned and replaced with "Climate Change" because the myth that somehow the human race has any significant effect on the weather patterns became unsustainable in the face of contrary evidence showing that there was if anything an increase in the amount ice in the polar ice caps.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/nature/61 ... ps-melting

They held a Global Warming convention in Scandanavia a few years ago and it ended in chaos when Obama had to catch an early plane out of Dodge on account of all airports on the Eastern seaboard were about to be closed down due to a very severe ice storm which was closing in.

Climate change has been a fact of life on planet earth since the Big Bang.

It will continue to be a fact of life until our sun, the real reason behind climate change, dies and the earth with it.

The earth cools down, the earth heats up.

In the 70s the scare was that we were in for an impending new Ice Age.

And that, Hillman, is the Inconvenient Truth your cheerleader Al Gore will not face up to.

So just relax and stop fretting over sommat you have absolutely no effect on.

Have a Cool Yule, y'all.
Bravo Sir!

All true, the lot of it.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

When the entire world's carbon emissions are reducing year on year, I'll believe it's not a scam.
E & OE

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

paolo wrote:what if the smithsonian institute verified that chemtrails were real?
warmleatherette wont acknowlege it. Its official government narrative or no narrative for him

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Can't be arsed
Go and play with the other children.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

warmleatherette

Warden Rankin wrote:
warmleatherette wont acknowlege it. Its official government narrative or no narrative for him

Bobby if you have some evidence post it please.
Brilliantly Honest

Robert Heenan
Winner - TOTY 2011!!!!

Post by Robert Heenan »

warmleatherette wrote:
Warden Rankin wrote:

Theres plenty of evidence but its pointless trying to convince you so im not going to bother.

If others want to see the evidence then id debate and discuss with them on the thread.

warmleatherette

Warden Rankin wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:
Warden Rankin wrote:

Theres plenty of evidence but its pointless trying to convince you so im not going to bother.

If others want to see the evidence then id debate and discuss with them on the thread.
So which one are you, the stupid, the gullible or the money maker?
Brilliantly Honest

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:The whole "it's a con to drive up taxes" defence was never very strong, but now it is long-defunct.

All over the world governments have been using their taxations systems to encourage energy-saving and to discourage profligacy.
If, as is suggested, this was about raising revenue they would have done the opposite. They would have taken their revenues from fuel sold to gas-guzzlers and to poorly insulated property and done the exact opposite of what they have done, ie shut up.

And yes, there has been climate change over the centuries. Nobody denies that. But now our co2 output has hastened the next one, and the stakes for our advanced societies are enormous.

You've lost the argument. Al Gore is a fringe figure in this. It is the overwhelming verdict of scientists; the only real debate now is whether what we are doing is too little too late.

Oh dear, there's a late entry in the argument Hillman. I think you might have blown your whistle a bit soon, because President elect Trump has announced that the massive US contribution to the UN Climate Change fraud is cancelled from day 1.

Hey - I told you he'd actually DO stuff . I don't think they can maintain the con truck for long once the USA has pulled out of it, and opted for REAL income streams.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

We didn't listen!
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Lord Notin Kwestion wrote:We didn't listen!
No idea what you mean

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Royal24s wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:The whole "it's a con to drive up taxes" defence was never very strong, but now it is long-defunct.

Oh dear, there's a late entry in the argument Hillman. I think you might have blown your whistle a bit soon, because President elect Trump has announced that the massive US contribution to the UN Climate Change fraud is cancelled from day 1.

Hey - I told you he'd actually DO stuff . I don't think they can maintain the con truck for long once the USA has pulled out of it, and opted for REAL income streams.
Agreed - Peter Hitchens today sums my (often repeated) take on it succinctly:

"Let me sum it up. On the basis of an unproven theory about global warming, we are shutting down perfectly sound, high-capacity, coal-fired power stations and instead peppering the country with windmills that tend not to work when it is cold.

This is unhinged anyway. But since China builds a new coal-fired power station every few weeks, and we share the same atmosphere as China, this action does no good, even if you believe the theory. "
E & OE

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Its not useless ugly windmills that bother me. Its so called Peaceful Nuclear power
(that they really only want for bomb grade Plutonium) that will poison the planet for Thousands of years. You cant clean that shit up with a bucket of soapy water and a scrubbing brush. Look behind Nuclear power and the Global warning Lie and its the same warmongering bastards who want one world government
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

It mystifies me Colin, how anyone takes them seriously when they claim that you can melt the polar ice caps by leaving your tv on standby but at the same time build nuclear power stations all over the place without any concern about the effects if that.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

OF that

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Royal24s wrote:It mystifies me Colin, how anyone takes them seriously when they claim that you can melt the polar ice caps by leaving your tv on standby but at the same time build nuclear power stations all over the place without any concern about the effects if that.
Dont mystify me Brother it bloody terrifies me!
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

The planet is only effected by Western Nations using power and transport. The Chinese seem to have a zero carbon footprint.
Boris " Do not look at what I am doing, Look how cute and adorable Dilyn is.....Look at Dilyn ! "

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Is that the same China where Al Gore has invested so heavily in power ?

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Well there aren't any emission laws in China so he moved his business interests there while we do everything possible to put ours at a disadvantage and tax the rest of us for it as a result.

Clever move.