Global warming

In-depth debate on all topical issues
theleader82

Global warming

Post by theleader82 »

With these mild temperatures it really has made me think global warming is on the way. I've not had to de-ice my car once this year, and it seems years since we had any proper snow . The ski industry in Europe will be devastated in the future, North American resorts should be ok. At least we'll save money on heating. Having loads of ugly wind farms won't do much good when China and India are burning fossil fuels.
MJInnocent

Hillman avenger

Re: Global warming

Post by Hillman avenger »

"Global warming is on the way"
Bit late for that
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

paolo

Post by paolo »

the moment they taxed it and turned it into revenue and control was the moment i disbelieved it
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

paolo wrote:the moment they taxed it and turned it into revenue and control was the moment i disbelieved it
^^ This.

Hillman avenger

paolo wrote:the moment they taxed it and turned it into revenue and control was the moment i disbelieved it
Idiot

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

In October we were being told it was going to be the coldest winter since 2010
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

paolo

Post by paolo »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Idiot
hillman, you agreed not to respond to me in anyway until december next year, this is the fifth or sixth time now

please abide by what you agreed
Poster of the Year

Respecting Democracy

Diversity is Genocide

Free Rodney Reed

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Steve Hunt wrote:In October we were being told it was going to be the coldest winter since 2010
Only by the Daily Express :-)
Brilliantly Honest

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Idiot
What's idiotic about something that is true? ie turning it into an excuse for taxation.

Hillman avenger

paolo wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Idiot
hillman, you agreed not to respond to me in anyway until december next year, this is the fifth or sixth time now

please abide by what you agreed
Actually it was the other way around. I posted in this thread before you joined in.

Hillman avenger

m4rkb wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
Idiot
What's idiotic about something that is true? ie turning it into an excuse for taxation.
It is a real issue, and we need to behave differently. Tax is one way of achieving that.

What makes me laugh about this argument is that if governments wanted to raise more the best way would be to shut up about climate change and sit and reap the harvest of millions wasting energy, because it was all taxed before as well.It's a pretty dumb government which discourages people to behave in ways which generate income, unless they realise that to do so is short-sighted.

But in fact the strategy has been to use the tax system to encourage people to consume less. And we didn't have a zero road fund tax band until a few years ago.

Not only is the "it's all about revenue" line entirely missing the point but it is not borne out by what has happened.

caveman

Post by caveman »

The met office are fucking hopeless. They do not have a clue... and what is it with all these amber warnings when it gets warm telling people to put sun cream on. This is the uk in summer not fucking death valley

I heard that when forecasting rain they want to start putting a percent against it. eg there is a 20% chance of rain. That way they will never be wrong... fuck off just tell me if it will rain or not.

Do we pay for the met office out of our taxes... please tell me no

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

caveman wrote:
err........Yes:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 1844,d.bGQ
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

caveman wrote:The met office are fucking hopeless. They do not have a clue... and what is it with all these amber warnings when it gets warm telling people to put sun cream on. This is the uk in summer not fucking death valley

I heard that when forecasting rain they want to start putting a percent against it. eg there is a 20% chance of rain. That way they will never be wrong... fuck off just tell me if it will rain or not.

The BBC said they were going to ditch the met office as most of their weather forecast were basically shit based on some spotty faced apprentice leaning out of the window while he's sneaking a quick fag looking to see whether it looked like rain or not.

A dozen or more times this year I've had to cancel jobs because they said it was going to piss down all day or your roof needed ratcheting down because some impending hurricane was on the way, yet you still saw people walking about in tee shirts on the day in question.

I thought it was some type of conspiracy at first leading to some fake declaration they couldn't accurately predict the weather because it was all over the place due to global warming. Now it just turns out they simply don't know what the fuck they're on about.

Some old farmer with his arse hanging out of his trousers observing whether his cows are lying down or not is a more accurate way to go.

I remember a case in about 1985 when some old git giving me a lift into work that the morning on a beautifully clear day without a cloud in the sky said it looked like rain. :rolleyes:

That's a watery sun he said. A fucking what, I said. A watery sun He said. Where the sun is unusually bright and looks like its got a haze around it it means there's water vapour in the air and rain is on the way. I didn't bother telling him bollocks but after a couple of hours it gradually started to cloud over ,then more, and more til it eventually started pissing down. The old cunt was right as he grew up on a farm and told me it was an old farmers trick.

No coat or fuck all so I got soaked and since then........ If I spot a watery sun.
:dart:

Hillman avenger

m4rkb wrote:
caveman wrote:The met office are fucking hopeless. They do not have a clue... and what is it with all these amber warnings when it gets warm telling people to put sun cream on. This is the uk in summer not fucking death valley

The BBC said they were going to ditch the met office as most of their weather forecast were basically shit based on some spotty faced apprentice leaning out of the window while he's sneaking a quick fag looking to see whether it looked like rain or not. :dart:
No they didn't.
It was supposed to be to save money, although if a body funded by compulsory public payment spends it on another provider, that makes no sense overall.
It has not been because of dissatisfaction with the Met Office

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I find about 75% of all weather forecast a load of shite, the worst being the BBC on-line one.
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Hillman avenger wrote:
m4rkb wrote:

The BBC said they were going to ditch the met office as most of their weather forecast were basically shit based on some spotty faced apprentice leaning out of the window while he's sneaking a quick fag looking to see whether it looked like rain or not. :dart:
No they didn't.
It was supposed to be to save money, although if a body funded by compulsory public payment spends it on another provider, that makes no sense overall.
Well it should have been because they couldn't predict the winner of a one horse race let alone the weather.

These people tell us they can predict the weather in ten years time yet make a complete balls up of it just four hours in advance. If it wasn't for satellites literally looking right down on an area and seeing no cloud at all in the summer they'd be totally fucked.

caveman

Post by caveman »

Either way they are still rubbish

Hillman avenger

Steve Hunt wrote:
caveman wrote:
err........Yes:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 1844,d.bGQ
It's an Executive Agency which means it is meant to break even commercially, allowing for investment.That's why the BBC spending money elsewhere, probably on an inferior service, is crazy.

Its income is from broadcasters, the media, industry, agriculture,the military, and in its role as one of the two World weather centres which supply intercontinental forecasts used by aviation. It also monitors air quality and volcanic ash.

Its record at prediction is as good as anyone else's. What is causing all the forecasters problems is that global warming ( you know, the Tax-raising scam) is causing movements in weather and ocean systems which have been relatively stable in the past.

warmleatherette

Hillman avenger wrote: Its income is from broadcasters, the media, industry, agriculture,the military, and in its role as one of the two World weather centres which supply intercontinental forecasts used by aviation. It also monitors air quality and volcanic ash.

Its record at prediction is as good as anyone else's. What is causing all the forecasters problems is that global warming ( you know, the Tax-raising scam) is causing movements in weather and ocean systems which have been relatively stable in the past.
He's right you know ^^^^
Brilliantly Honest

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I'm offer a forecasting service for aviation too. Generally fine above 5000 feet.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

warmleatherette wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote: Its income is from broadcasters, the media, industry, agriculture,the military, and in its role as one of the two World weather centres which supply intercontinental forecasts used by aviation. It also monitors air quality and volcanic ash.

He's right you know ^^^^
'Cept that he's utterly wrong.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

warmleatherette

Basualdo wrote:
warmleatherette wrote:

He's right you know ^^^^
'Cept that he's utterly wrong.
Why so?
Brilliantly Honest

Hillman avenger

m4rkb wrote:
Hillman avenger wrote:
m4rkb wrote:

No they didn't.
Well it should have been because they couldn't predict the winner of a one horse race let alone the weather.

These people tell us they can predict the weather in ten years time yet make a complete balls up of it just four hours in advance. If it wasn't for satellites literally looking right down on an area and seeing no cloud at all in the summer they'd be totally fucked.
No they don't.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Its Bollocks of course . Oh yeah keep on polluting as much as you want as long as you pay loads of money If there were any truth in it there would be no jetting off on holiday and petrol would be strictly rationed You can trust "Fat Albert" Gore the man who bought tons of Wakovia shares for peanuts just before the feds bailed it out KChing the man who got divorced and then bought a mansion for his ex wife Kching you can trust "Fat Albert to fuck you in the arse any chance he gets
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it