Does Anyone Seriously Believe This?

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Does Anyone Seriously Believe This?

Post by Steve Hunt »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30931732

Crime falls to new record low levels in England and Wales
If Arsenal were playing in my back garden, I would draw the curtains.

ENIC OUT

https://www.smava.de/european-debt-clock/

therealHJ

Re: Does Anyone Seriously Believe This?

Post by therealHJ »

The Crime Survey of England and Wales estimates are double those recorded by the police which suggests many crimes aren't reported or if they are then not recorded by the police.

Violent crime, public order offences and sexual offences are all up significantly due to a change in recording methodology :? so it is hard to determine what this means in reality

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Steve Hunt wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30931732

I would expect for a lot of reasons the Crime Survey and the official stats to differ. Not simply due to manipulation.

I don't know how you can form an intelligent view of the subject by relying on personal observation alone. If I did, I would certainly agree it is reducing.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

Post by Glazed Earthenware Horse »

What ever it means the UK is still one of the safest places to live in the entire world. Criminality will never be completely eradicated...there will always be cunts, but I believe there is no doubt we've seen a drop in criminal activity. Roun 'ere where I live, burglary used to be rife, but it's a rare event now. Street robbery around here is almost nil. Car theft is down. Violent crime is very low. Rural crime on the other hand round these parts has increased.

But there was far more crime around here, especially burglary and car theft in the 90s, then there is today.
Talkforum's Official Crazy Larger than life Character!

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

I haven't committed a crime all day
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sadact7 wrote:I haven't committed a crime all day

Hang on I'm just checking through yesterday's posts :mrgreen:
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

I wouldn't be surprised, a lot of crimes were related to people stealing your stuff so they could sell it on, nowadays even mobile phones are so cheap they'll get fuck all for them.

Who's going to buy a stolen DVD payer down the pub when you can get a new one for 20 quid.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

colinthewarriormonkey wrote:I wouldn't be surprised, a lot of crimes were related to people stealing your stuff so they could sell it on, nowadays even mobile phones are so cheap they'll get fuck all for them.

Who's going to buy a stolen DVD payer down the pub when you can get a new one for 20 quid.
Precisely Colin. Electric goods are far cheaper now...easier to obtain. One main reason for the decline in crime.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Glazed Earthenware Horse wrote:What ever it means the UK is still one of the safest places to live in the entire world. Criminality will never be completely eradicated...there will always be cunts, but I believe there is no doubt we've seen a drop in criminal activity. Roun 'ere where I live, burglary used to be rife, but it's a rare event now. Street robbery around here is almost nil. Car theft is down. Violent crime is very low. Rural crime on the other hand round these parts has increased.

But there was far more crime around here, especially burglary and car theft in the 90s, then there is today.
Sexual & violent crime is not reducing, and in fact, the UK is one of the least 'safe' places in the developed world.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Glazed Earthenware Horse wrote:
colinthewarriormonkey wrote:I wouldn't be surprised, a lot of crimes were related to people stealing your stuff so they could sell it on, nowadays even mobile phones are so cheap they'll get fuck all for them.

Precisely Colin. Electric goods are far cheaper now...easier to obtain. One main reason for the decline in crime.
Car crime also.
E & OE

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Roy Twing wrote:
Glazed Earthenware Horse wrote:What ever it means the UK is still one of the safest places to live in the entire world. Criminality will never be completely eradicated...there will always be cunts, but I believe there is no doubt we've seen a drop in criminal activity. Roun 'ere where I live, burglary used to be rife, but it's a rare event now. Street robbery around here is almost nil. Car theft is down. Violent crime is very low. Rural crime on the other hand round these parts has increased.

Sexual & violent crime is not reducing, and in fact, the UK is one of the least 'safe' places in the developed world.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... olice.html
Don't always believe what you think, because sometimes its' a load of shite

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Zambo wrote:
I cant look at the guy in that GoT gif without a cold shudder. Saddo will know what i mean. :?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Glazed Earthenware Horse
Winner - POTY 2012!!!!

Daily Fail puts me back in my place again...awwww... shucks...

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Glazed Earthenware Horse wrote:Daily Fail puts me back in my place again...awwww... shucks...

Well theres certainly no more hassle from beggars, tramps and street scum round your bailiwick these days, for some reason, I'll give you that.
Proud Gammon

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Horse TRAMPLED
Speaking for the rest of the forum since 2019

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Basualdo wrote:
Zambo wrote:
I cant look at the guy in that GoT gif without a cold shudder. Saddo will know what i mean. :?
Indeed, one hell of a way to cark it :-& :vom: :smt103 :smt119 :smt120

I liked him n'all, he was fucking cool
I was bummed by the ghost of Liberace

the rotary club

Post by the rotary club »

Roy Twing wrote:

Not this nonsense again.
Roger Dodger, you ol' codger.

the rotary club

Post by the rotary club »

Zambo wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... olice.html
That doesn't necessarily mean that sexual crime is not reducing it simply means that more crimes are recorded. That is a major failing of all recorded crime figures - they measure the efficacy of the system not the crime rate.

We all know that over the last few decades the justice system has turned a blind eye to sexual offences and thankfully it is now much better at dealing with victims of these crimes than previously. A better criminal justice system means more trust in the system hence it's not a surprise to see more sexual crime recorded.
Roger Dodger, you ol' codger.

Lord Notin Kwestion

Post by Lord Notin Kwestion »

Thought this topic was going to be about the charlie hebdo bullshit.

:cry:
The most abused and banned poster in Talkforum history.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

the rotary club wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:

Not this nonsense again.
Not this nonsense again.
:roll:
E & OE

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

I was listening to LBC today and they identified Dagenham as the burglary hotspot of the UK, citing that 55 out of every 1000 homes have made claims to their insurance companies for burglary with the average claim being £5,000

Sounds to me like there are a right lot of dodgy fuckers in Dagenham, and I'm not talking about the burglars.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

andyrich666

Post by andyrich666 »

When this thread started, I put a post on here but deleted it, Basically I went in to it in too much detail, without a shaddow of a doubt things that used to be a crime, are not so much now, i.e. minor crimes of criminal damage ect.

I deleted my post almost straight away, but tonight I listen to LBC and there is many people in the UK who feel the same as me, and that is if you have previously reported any crime you will know what a fucking hassle it is, I thought it was just me, but the Police do treat the victims as the criminals, It seems the Police need to be proof positive you are the victim, and in that they treat the victim in most cases like a piece of shit or a criminal, so for me in my original post I named 3 crimes against me in 2012, I did not report one of them due to previous treatment by the Police,

The best way I can explain is, you have hypocondriacs that report shit all the time like they go to the doctor everyday, and then you have people like me who would rather have a Apple and keep the cunts away.

The problem with the Police is they tend to have a answer for everything !

ovechkin8

Post by ovechkin8 »

Hillman avenger wrote:

I would expect for a lot of reasons the Crime Survey and the official stats to differ. Not simply due to manipulation.

I don't know how you can form an intelligent view of the subject by relying on personal observation alone. If I did, I would certainly agree it is reducing.

Interesting observation considering that knife and violent crime has surged in Hertfordshire. Less police does not help. In Watford there has been a noticeable increase in gang crime.
'I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses.' Johannes Kepler

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

HOLY FUCK ITS OVECHKIN!!!!
Proud Gammon

subsub

Post by subsub »

Basualdo wrote:HOLY FUCK ITS OVECHKIN!!!!

Indeed. Welcome back, Sir.
Now, what happened to that nice lady you had as your avatar pic?
SIX-TIME CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE